FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Spotting the fakes

Spotting the fakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, does anyone have any tips to share when trying to spot the fakes on here?

I was contacted by someone to meet up. They was verified by another profile but had no pics up. I asked for one pic but they said privacy was important to them. Sounded a bit fishy to me so I declined.

Just some general hints and tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *utumnWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I won't chat or meet without seeing a pic first, if the pic is too good to be true it usually is! (you can tineye or google and often find the pic is of a model or off the internet so report and block)

If I message someone first I attach a face pic. If someone messages me first I expect the same.

I think it's unreasonable to expect someone to converse or meet without having seen that person.

Some people may have their own reasons for not showing pics but each to their own I personally wouldn't be interested in that person and would just move on.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Common sense, realistic expectations and gut instinct!

The best tools you'll ever have and none require electricity!

"Common sense, realistic expectations and gut instinct!

The best tools you'll ever have and none require electricity! "

Completely agree always follow your gut instincts

Thanks for the tineye thing

Never knew about that

Yeah my gut instinct made me think she was a fake.

Has anyone on here met up with someone and it wasn't the person in the pics?

Fakes dont usually attach a face pic to their email and in our experience, people who are serious about meeting respond to emails with all the answers, we don't have to play email ping pong. Fakes don't disclose phone numbers either.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Gut instinct has served humans well for thousands of years, so silly to ignore it. You never have to justify yourself.

If someone's a newish member, very pushy etc, then I tend to be more cautious. The pushier they are, the slower I get.

I always speak on the phone before making any decision, as you can usually find liars that way, and you also get to make a good connection, and it's less like meeting a stranger later on.

If someone can't give a phone no, 'can't, because it's a business phone' etc, then I expect them to find a solution, not me. Problems are usually a good front for someone who's covering something or deceitful.

Also, see if you can get more recent photos, so you can get a feel for how someone is today, and not how they'd like to be, or once were.

If someone doesn't share pics, I may meet them at a club, where I'm already heading. If they're not my cup of tea, there are always others there who will be. I also never dash to msn or other chat sites etc, to get their pics. Again, if they have a tech problem etc, they can sort it - it's not my role in life to help ease their life's problems.

It gets easier with time, as your experience builds. Develop friendships too, so that you've got others to get support or advice from.

Good luck!!

"Fakes dont usually attach a face pic to their email and in our experience, people who are serious about meeting respond to emails with all the answers, we don't have to play email ping pong. Fakes don't disclose phone numbers either."

Agree with this but I will say I won't give out my phone number very quickly though as I have in past and after chatting they have become quite stalker like so I think be patient sometimes with number, as I'm no timewaster but won't give my phone number out very quickly

Gut instinct works for me too. Especially asking to be Friends. And if anyone starts getting pushy, I block

By *uestandpinkCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

norm for us...if they

-dont have a friends list showing

-veri showing green tick but no veri showing

-no pics after been on 2 weeks or more

-one line profile

-always the guy that you chat to

-pics dont marry up re dont look of same person

-ask us to email only rather than within fab

the list goes on lol

q an P xx

I'd go along with that, especially if it sounds too good to be true. I contacted a - rather attractive- woman on my single profile, she had (hidden) verifications and a few pics, but when she told me within a day of messaging that she wanted to meet me in a public place and for me to 'spunk all over her face' and then leave her to it, I knew that it was a male fantasist. I did point out to 'her' than she hadn't even seen a face pic of me and was 'she' sure she was okay with that, but she insisted that was fine and I was to meet her at a pre determined spot at 8 30 the next morning.

Obviously I didn't bother going, but I did play along a bit and messaged her asking where she was 'called into work' apparently

I also find over excessive use of 'mmmmmmmmmmm' is a trait used by men pretending to be women,we can spot em a mile off!

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

If its any consolation. The tranny forums and chartrooms are more rife with wine tasters (time wasters) than this place. Henc emy own barbed and overly-defensive profile(!). The problem is that in all the years I've been on these things I have yet to meet anone who wasn't a fake. Even those who blatantly are. A bit like car drivers. No one will admit they're a twat. Even though the evidence to the contrary is quite clear. Consistency and reliability is my guide. And I really do think Yahoo Messenger or suchlike should be a mandatory requirement to ensure folks go online when they say they will.

There y'are. You did ask

"

"

This one isn't foolproof, in that your 'fake detector' will throw out a fair few false positives. Some people choose not to show verifications for privacy reasons, while others (including me) are verified by people who've either left the site or changed to a new profile, both of which will remove all verifications they've given but leave the tick.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"

This one isn't foolproof, in that your 'fake detector' will throw out a fair few false positives. Some people choose not to show verifications for privacy reasons, while others (including me) are verified by people who've either left the site or changed to a new profile, both of which will remove all verifications they've given but leave the tick."

it's more a case of having a combination of the criteria that _uestandpink mentioned rather than just one.

The more negative criteria they meet, the more they aren't likely to meet .... if you catch my drift

That said, I've had some of my most memorable meets from people that I was convinced weren't genuine - the only reason the meet went ahead was because I was working from home that day so I had nothing to lose by arranging it.

Had I allowed my suspicions to get the better of me I would have missed out on a great experience.

Likewise I've had numerous let downs from people whom I know for a fact are genuine(i.e met them at parties, clubs and socials), but for one reason or another things always seemed to go wrong at the last minute.

so don't be TOO suspicious - sometimes you've just got to say what the fuck, go for it, and deal with the occasional disappointment.

THE STICKS

"Hi, does anyone have any tips to share when trying to spot the fakes on here?"

by the way putting - NO FAKES OR TIMEWASTERS on your profile works really well too.

It's a lot like that disclaimer you've put at the end of your profile - I was going to nick some of your photos and profile text - and if it wasn't for that disclaimer I would have done.

Has anyone on here met up with someone and it wasn't the person in the klpics?"

oh yes!! or if it was his pic on the profile then it was ten years, ten stone, and a punched in face out of date!!

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

how anyone could expect you to meet without seeing a pic is totally beyond us!! privacy is one thing ( we only show face pics to people we have chatted with) but to suggest meeting without any idea of what the person/people look like is ludicrous

"Hi, does anyone have any tips to share when trying to spot the fakes on here?

by the way putting - NO FAKES OR TIMEWASTERS on your profile works really well too.

It's a lot like that disclaimer you've put at the end of your profile - I was going to nick some of your photos and profile text - and if it wasn't for that disclaimer I would have done. "

lol i pasted and copied that from another profile. Now i know it stops folks from taking your pics, im glad i did

Thanks for all the advice people. Will be sure to use all the knowledge you've given out today

[Removed by poster at 28/05/13 17:04:46]

Has anyone on here met up with someone and it wasn't the person in the klpics?

oh yes!! or if it was his pic on the profile then it was ten years, ten stone, and a punched in face out of date!! "

wow that must have been awkward?

THE STICKS

It's a lot like that disclaimer you've put at the end of your profile - I was going to nick some of your photos and profile text - and if it wasn't for that disclaimer I would have done.

lol i pasted and copied that from another profile. Now i know it stops folks from taking your pics, im glad i did

Thanks for all the advice people. Will be sure to use all the knowledge you've given out today "

Sorry - that was a bit uncalled for on my part - just had a sudden and uncontrollable urge to take the piss

"how anyone could expect you to meet without seeing a pic is totally beyond us!! privacy is one thing ( we only show face pics to people we have chatted with) but to suggest meeting without any idea of what the person/people look like is ludicrous "

she sent me one pic but when i asked for one body pic (just a regular one, not naughty) she refused. instead she described her body to me

so i asked for another face pic then, but again she refused. Thats when i thought fake.

Thanks for all the advice people. Will be sure to use all the knowledge you've given out today

Sorry - that was a bit uncalled for on my part - just had a sudden and uncontrollable urge to take the piss "

i figured that lol

"Fakes dont usually attach a face pic to their email and in our experience, people who are serious about meeting respond to emails with all the answers, we don't have to play email ping pong. Fakes don't disclose phone numbers either.

Agree with this but I will say I won't give out my phone number very quickly though as I have in past and after chatting they have become quite stalker like so I think be patient sometimes with number, as I'm no timewaster but won't give my phone number out very quickly "

Same here getting calls and messages in the middle of the night isn't funny

THE STICKS

[Removed by poster at 28/05/13 17:25:43]

By *weetdebWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

When I first joined up here I chatted for a week or 2 with a very handsome guy who has public face pics and a few veris,i also talked to him on the phone.We were about to set up a social meet as he said he was in the area and he asked if we could chat on cam.I was about to go to work but said I could quickly chat and put my cam on,he then said he couldn't get his cam to work but could see me,after 5 mins I said I had to go and would talk later,suddenly his cam came on,obviously by accident ,and I saw some ugly fat guy wanking on the sofa...lol..absolutely nothing like the pics..whilst the pics were not fake as in stolen from a mag or anything then they certainly were not the same guy.I just don't get how he was verified.I can understand setting up different profiles and verifying yourself etc but I checked out the verifiers and they seemed pretty genuine as they also had various veris themselves.I suppose I could have contacted them myself but to be honest didn't really care enough to be bothered .This guy is still on here and I don't report him to admin as he would just probably come back with another fake profile

Perhaps a dedicated swinging phone is in order?

I was contacted by someone to meet up. They was verified by another profile but had no pics up. I asked for one pic but they said privacy was important to them. Sounded a bit fishy to me so I declined.

Just some general hints and tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers."

unless the person has is verified and they show the verifications i wont even chat to them,if they wont send u a pic or even go on cam id ignore or block them

I prefer to keep my verifications private as there is some bizzar behaviours on here around reading veris however, I find best way to get rid of time wasters is to say you want to meet and NOW!!! usually does the trick

By *ause and EffectCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

"Perhaps a dedicated swinging phone is in order?"

This

By *CupWoman  over a year ago

Rochdale

I always insist on a social meet prior to playing. I get a lot of stick off guys accusing me of acting like it's a dating site but I stick to my guns..not only does it the sort the real guys out who want to meet and play with you (as fakes and pic collectors won't want to meet) but also gives us both chance to ensure we want to play with each other. It also sorts out the pics issue, although i ask for them and give in return i find people are still different in the flesh..sometimes for the better lol

By *icechap50Man  over a year ago

Dudley

When someone contacts me and it says it's a woman on the profile I immediately think to myself

That's fake !!! Lol

Seriously if there's no pics and it all sounds too good I normally message them and if I'm suddenly blocked then the jobs done

So many sados but that's life

Even verifications can be rigged to impress

Instinct is a good tool, if its too good to be true then chances it is!

Ask lots of question etc

Tips on how to spot a fake what? Fake woman? Fake couple? Fake swinger?...someone wanting you to meet them blindly doesn't mean their FAKE!

Just unrealistic and insecure!

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

I rarely give out my number quickly and if someone gets pishy and wants to meet immediately without a chat or pics I get suspicious.

I have so far only met people for a drink first to see if there is a spark and then decide if I want to take it further.

I've only ever taken it further a couple of times as I'm quite picky.

Had a little bit of stick for not giving out my number or meeting immediately but I'd rather stay safe.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Fakes dont usually attach a face pic to their email and in our experience, people who are serious about meeting respond to emails with all the answers, we don't have to play email ping pong. Fakes don't disclose phone numbers either."

Fakes do disclose phone numbers - I've had a couple! However, it might not be THEIR number! LOL

"I rarely give out my number quickly and if someone gets pishy and wants to meet immediately without a chat or pics I get suspicious.

I have so far only met people for a drink first to see if there is a spark and then decide if I want to take it further.

I've only ever taken it further a couple of times as I'm quite picky.

Had a little bit of stick for not giving out my number or meeting immediately but I'd rather stay safe. "

I'm exactly with you on this I do the same

By *astpoetMan  over a year ago

where the world takes me

I've got to be honest the best way to learn how to spot fakes is just practice.

As others has said it's come to be almost a sixth sense these days - and one that works surprisingly well in the real world too

The other way is to go to clubs. Make friends there, then put friends to names on here. And the benefit of that is it's a fun way to learn too

Tough one!

Being discrete is so important to a lot of people, so face pics can be hard to supply for some, phone numbers are not immidiate to give out either as no one wants lots of people knowing their number, after all people do have a life outside of fab!

With a cpl of mails exchanged, one can usually work out if the other person/people are serious or just fakes in it for the online thrill.

Trust your gut is prob the best advice that I could give.

Have fun and stay safe!

I would say that anyone who has been on the site longer than 3 months,has no pictures or verifications is at the very least a timewaster.If on view,have a look at their friends list as some of these idiots friend themselves!Other than this.just use your intuition and above all have fun!

Completely agree always follow your gut instincts "

totally agree trust your instinct....any doubt whatso ever then stay at home and play solo he he he

Thanks everyone

Seems gut instinct is the winner.

"Thanks everyone

Seems gut instinct is the winner."

» Add a new message to this topic