FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Do You Keep Friends On List Who Have No Intention Of Meeting You ?

Do You Keep Friends On List Who Have No Intention Of Meeting You ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oyston Vasey OP   Man  over a year ago

Sheffield- Pothole City

Been browsing my friends list ,and although i have 18 friends on there , none of them have shown any interest in meeting me . This got me wondering if others keep people on their friends list if they are never going to meet them ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

have a cull occasionally - think its best to do in the mating season so you never know may keep them on until september - why dont you make the effort and contact them to see if they are at all interested

Nowadays, I do not accept Friends Invites unless I am likely to meet the person(s).

I delete all unsolicited Friends Invites.

And I have a cull from time to time to delete those that have not bothered to contact me for a while.

Sheffield- Pothole City

"Nowadays, I do not accept Friends Invites unless I am likely to meet the person(s).

I delete all unsolicited Friends Invites.

And I have a cull from time to time to delete those that have not bothered to contact me for a while.

"

I`d best delete all mine then

By *aravancoupleMan  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

We don't accept Friends Invites any more till we have met them even if it is only for a drink and a chat.

We do cull from time to time but why add you as a friend in the first place then not message you or talk to you despite sending messages to them..if you dont want to meet us or at least see how we get on..why bother just message saying no thanks or nothing even.

Sheffield- Pothole City

"We do cull from time to time but why add you as a friend in the first place then not message you or talk to you despite sending messages to them..if you dont want to meet us or at least see how we get on..why bother just message saying no thanks or nothing even."

Being honest i dont think ive ever had a message from ANY of the friends on my list

We don't use the friends list, we never added anyone to it unless we had met them in person anyway, if we have met them they know they are friends and don't need to be on a list.

We do use the HOTLIST facility to keep track of our friends.

We would also admit to being put off by friends lists, you know how it is, 1 year on the site, no verifications for a real meet but 1000 friends, smacks of picture collectors, time wasters and dreamers to us, it's a personal view of course but that's our view.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I add people who potentially I might meet and am attracted to

But I regularly cull and figure if you have not met me in 2-3 months, YOU don't want to, so they get removed

Its not like I never post a MEET TODAY ffs

Three peeps on ours who we have never met and thats all xx

I keep very few on mine. Like Jed said, if they are a real friend you don't need to be on any lists to signify that. So to me the only purpose of being 'friends' on here is having private gallery access. For that reason I invite very few, and only invite those I have spoken to quite a bit.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I can be freinds with people on here i havent had sex with - sometimes they are just a friend, i'm not sure there's any rule saying you have to fuck them!

By *ansue35Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

we cull ours from time to time.

normally if we have send a message and not recieved answer back, after a week we remove them from the list.

So many people just send friends invites out and do not even ask if they can.

ian

we keep friends on the list we are hoping to meet but for the people who have no intention of meeting for a drink an to see how we get on, they are deleted

"Three peeps on ours who we have never met and thats all xx "

hey im a stranger but a friend u never met!! it would damage anglo saxon relations!! xx

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

We never add anyone we've not spoken to either in chat or on the forums, anyone who sends a friends invite that we're not familiar with, the invite gets filed, in the shredder!

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

It's such a bloody pain in the arse to delete off friend's list grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i have a friends clear out every now and then!! it clears out the trash so to speak!

i never accept random friends invites and do tend to only accept /send friends invites if i might be meetin or i have enjoyed chattin on the forums with them! but its amazin how many people stay on your friends list even after you have met them and they seem to vanish! xx

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

friends to us are people we have met and decide we want to be friends with.we delete friends invites fron strangers

Only have friends on our friends list so don’t have that problem, you can attach face pictures in messages to potential playmates so there’s no need to add anyone to your friends list that aren’t friends.

Only have friends who hopefully we meet. After 3 months delete and now got bulk delete yay.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Bulk delete? Popular huh!!

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

"Bulk delete? Popular huh!!"

Blonde moment again

BULK DELETE ????????/

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"We do cull from time to time but why add you as a friend in the first place then not message you or talk to you despite sending messages to them..if you dont want to meet us or at least see how we get on..why bother just message saying no thanks or nothing even.

Being honest i dont think ive ever had a message from ANY of the friends on my list "

You have to remember, some people are small minded and thinkits about having as many people on their friends list whci they then go on to display in a "Look how popular I am - its like Facebook and I have 10,000 friends!" way.

If I don't know someone and we've never spoken I delete - although I'm shallow enough to consider cute looking females and couples as a sign they may want to make contact? In which case I send them an "? invite" email... if they then don't respond withing 7 days its confirmed they just wanted to add and I delete.

We dont. We normally give someone a couple of weeks and if they havent shown any interest we delete and move on. Some people just send out heaps of winks and friends invite with no intention of following them up.

"We dont. We normally give someone a couple of weeks and if they havent shown any interest we delete and move on. Some people just send out heaps of winks and friends invite with no intention of following them up."

We only accept invites of people we have met or are going to meet.

We also agree that a lot of people send friends invites with no intention of meeting.

Probably people wanting to wank over pics.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

We only have people we know personally on our friends list.

So many send a friends invite just to see your private gallery and we just can't be doing with the picture collectors.

Sheffield- Pothole City

Im toying with the idea of deleting all of those on my friends list ,as i don t see the point of having people as friends who have no interest of meeting ,which has been pointed out by others on this thread

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I've just recently had a cull, just keeping peple I have met, most socially, and a few who I chat too here on a regular basis.

Sheffield- Pothole City

"I've just recently had a cull, just keeping peple I have met, most socially, and a few who I chat too here on a regular basis. "

if i use your method i will end up with none left

"I've just recently had a cull, just keeping peple I have met, most socially, and a few who I chat too here on a regular basis.

if i use your method i will end up with none left "

Sometimes a clean slate is not a bad thing.

im quite happy to just talk to people, i dont only speak to people i want to shag, so long as people are honest about what they are after im ok with that, there for i do have people on my friends list i will probably never meet so long as we speak to each other, if someones on my friends list who never mails me or talks etc i will remove them, i cant see the point, if they never going to meet and dont want to talk they not friends so are coming off my list lol

saything that i dont have a huge friends list and most of the people on it are people i have met prior to being my my list

"im quite happy to just talk to people, i dont only speak to people i want to shag, so long as people are honest about what they are after im ok with that, there for i do have people on my friends list i will probably never meet so long as we speak to each other, if someones on my friends list who never mails me or talks etc i will remove them, i cant see the point, if they never going to meet and dont want to talk they not friends so are coming off my list lol

saything that i dont have a huge friends list and most of the people on it are people i have met prior to being my my list "

Don't you just hate it when people think just cause you've chatted to them that you're after a shag?

We have 6 friends on our list and they are all people we have actually met.

We do receive friends invites but there would have to be a significant chance of us actually meeting before we would consider accepting.

We never send unsolicited friends invites, just seems a bit rude and a lot pointless to us

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don't add people in the first place unless we chat and talk, and then I keep em there by talking to them and then possibly meeting them, there are people I talk to loads and haven't met.. yet... time, situations, general life get in the way......

agree with _abio sometimes you cant meet at drop of a hat... but on other side to it.. we get invites from people we have never spoken to nor ever meet...we usually say nicely no and decline the invite ... but in past days have been getting replies like: "take ur heads out of ur ass ...was a "hi"... for us a "hi" is a message and not a friends invite ...sighs some strange people about... helen xxx

"im quite happy to just talk to people, i dont only speak to people i want to shag, so long as people are honest about what they are after im ok with that, there for i do have people on my friends list i will probably never meet so long as we speak to each other, if someones on my friends list who never mails me or talks etc i will remove them, i cant see the point, if they never going to meet and dont want to talk they not friends so are coming off my list lol

saything that i dont have a huge friends list and most of the people on it are people i have met prior to being my my list

Don't you just hate it when people think just cause you've chatted to them that you're after a shag? "

yeah to be honest it turned me into someone i didnt like for a long time, i go so sick of guys thinking they was onto a shag just because i replied to their messages and being called a time waster if i spoke to them and didnt meet that i stopped replying to messages from guys i had no interest in meeting, but thats just not me so now i talk to men wether i fancy them or not and if they see a messages as being half way to a meet thats their problem not mine, to me unless i say im going to meet you the chances are im not lol

my friends list is either i have met or intend too...very picky about who i put on there

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

I dont add everyone that asks i only have the ones i have already met or the ones i know on friends list.. Some only want to perv private pics lol..

I cull everything PMSL. Messenger contact lists, at least once a year, the same with "friends" lists on here and Facebook. To me a friend is a friend in the old meaning of the word, rather than yet another name on a list. I've got telephone directories in the cupboard for that LOL.

I find it sad that some folk esp some tellies(t.v.s) have a list of maybe 100 "friends". I suppose some people are more desperate than others maybe?

Once you have met, or seen pics of each other, what purpose does a "friends list" serve anyway?

I'm not a size Queen/Ageing Princess PMSL, but to me it is a size thing. They have low self-esteem so if they have a longer list than others, they think they are doing better. Looke at me LOL, kind of thing?

"Once you have met, or seen pics of each other, what purpose does a "friends list" serve anyway?"

Easy way to contact by looking them up in your friends list.

I agree my friends list is limited, however I invite people in send them a message saying "Thanks for accepting my invite, etc, etc" and get nothing back.

Being a single male I prefer to invite as a friend rather than cut & paste messages, if your not interested then i haven't wasted my time on a long individual message (learnt the hard way not to do this) if you accept I see that as an invitation to then send a message.

If I do this I expect a reply...

It does seem that where I am from theres only about 10 active single women all of which aren't interested in being friends so what else can I do?

I kick them off friends list even when i have met them been there done that xxxx

» Add a new message to this topic