FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Being too honest

Being too honest

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there such a thing as being too honest? And has thay been my downfall in attaining meets?

Many of those who wink, send me a message i tend to message back (after reading their profile). However, there are some things that they are looking for which is not me. And i do message to acknowledge their interest, but with a 'but' to say i dont meet their full criterion.

Has that been my downfall?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't call that a downfall but if they messaged you they obviously saw something in your profile that they liked in the first place You could always chat and have a social met. I have things on my profile that I might compromise on Good luck

Yeah i suppose. Should play it by ear i guess.

..and hmmm i may have to take a sneaky peek lol

There is nothing wrong with being honest,but almost talking yourself out of meets by highlighting the areas that might put people off of you is a bit daft

"Yeah i suppose. Should play it by ear i guess.

..and hmmm i may have to take a sneaky peek lol "

lol peek away!

I was commended the other day for my honesty yet it may well lose me meets due to the single/married or the straight/bisexual. I could have done what a lot of guys have done and lied my socks off but there are 2 important things.....

1st) You are you and will always be you if people can't except that then you'd probably not want to meet them anyway

2nd) I saw it mentioned somewhere else on the forum that swinging is about trust and honesty. Yes there may well be guys lying through the back teeth getting more meets but I'm personally not bothered. I have peace of mind and peace in heart that I'm not hurting anyone and that when karma comes back around there will be no nasty surprises for me.

Being honest is always the best policy...if the other person doesnt like it...NEEEEXT! Lol

Even if it costs me a meet, i wont be kidding anyone else but myself.

By *anictechCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow - ish ;-)

We have had meets at parties we wouldnt ordinarily entertained and been pleasantly surprised as how their personalities shone through. We all have our boundries/criteria. But that can change upon meeting a Person/personality.

Gossip is the worst, one persons ecperience is not the next persons experience. Our best advice is never say never, its kinda final. XxX MT

"There is nothing wrong with being honest,but almost talking yourself out of meets by highlighting the areas that might put people off of you is a bit daft "

Oh yeah lol its the obvious things like 'no asians whatsoever' lol

..but thanks. Each to their own of course

its total honesty we look for .... anything less than that leads to crap "wooden" sex and people who just go through the motions

I've been told off too many times for my brutal honesty :P

Some on here want everything sugarcoated

"I was commended the other day for my honesty yet it may well lose me meets due to the single/married or the straight/bisexual. I could have done what a lot of guys have done and lied my socks off but there are 2 important things.....

1st) You are you and will always be you if people can't except that then you'd probably not want to meet them anyway

2nd) I saw it mentioned somewhere else on the forum that swinging is about trust and honesty. Yes there may well be guys lying through the back teeth getting more meets but I'm personally not bothered. I have peace of mind and peace in heart that I'm not hurting anyone and that when karma comes back around there will be no nasty surprises for me. "

Hallelujah

By *otwife CoolhubCouple  over a year ago

Bathgate

Reminds me of the interview scenario.

Boss: What's one of you're biggest weaknesses?

Interviewee; erm..... some people say I can be TOO honest.

Boss; I don't think honesty is a weakness.

Interviewee: I really couldn't give a flying fuck what you think......

» Add a new message to this topic