FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Am I too younger for this site?

Am I too younger for this site?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I might be 18 but, I still feel people don't feel comfortable talking to someone my age.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

You're cute but you're looking for a relationship, you can't travel, and you can't accommodate. Your age will only add to the fact that many people will find it pointless to message you.

I can travel, I just keep forgeting to change it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"You're cute but you're looking for a relationship, you can't travel, and you can't accommodate. Your age will only add to the fact that many people will find it pointless to message you."

True statement there!

You need to begin opening your opportunities ie:driving, accommodation, straight simple profile, get out there, don't pest just be a upfront confident guy & you might get there in the end bud

i must admit it was hard for me ive im honest, but i just stuck at it and was honest and polite and it payed off in the end i just wouldn't expect anything straight away and read people's profiles. but good luck bud

Your age is against you, althouh there are more 20 somethings on here, but you need to re-think your profile. It starts "I don't know why I am here" and "want a relationship", that in itself can put a lot of people off.

If you can travel then state how far you are willing to travel, do you rely on public transport or drive.

You need to sell yourself.

your not to young to be here you will be to young for a lot of women on here, but there are a few looking for young guys so just keep with it x

awwwwwww, this place ant for people like you my dear

Also being totally honest your profile does not come over as someone who should be on a sex site

looking for a relationship

sick of being lonely

just want someone to actually like me

are all warning signs to me to stay away regardless of age

would you be able to cope with someone just using you for sex?

By *lassy pairCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich London

"awwwwwww, this place ant for people like you my dear "

Very true indeed

Nope.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

"I might be 18 but, I still feel people don't feel comfortable talking to someone my age."

just be yourself and the rest will follow good luck

"I might be 18 but, I still feel people don't feel comfortable talking to someone my age.

just be yourself and the rest will follow good luck "

physically lots of people are ready for such sites, mentally they may not be x

By *aisy100Woman  over a year ago

wakefield

"physically lots of people are ready for such sites, mentally they may not be x"

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

Read your profile and in my honest opinion give up now. You don't know why you are here. You want a relationship. You are lonely. This site will eat you alive snd spit you out.

IMO I think you are.

looking for a relationship ~ try one of the main stream dating sites instead.

good luck x

I agree as I wouldn't really call this a dating site, more of a sharing site haha

Most people here are already in a relationship or are single because the love being single and sexual

You should take your relationship bit of, relax, chat and enjoy some no strings fun, and possibly some experiences you never have before, the best relationships come along when your not looking, perhaps by the time you've experienced some of the hottest types of sexual fun on here you will realise why singles love being singles and carry on

I've been using this site for almost 6 months (multiple accounts) and so far, i've been fine.

By *lassy pairCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich London

"Read your profile and in my honest opinion give up now. You don't know why you are here. You want a relationship. You are lonely. This site will eat you alive snd spit you out."

I could not put it better myself

Well done

at the end of the day its your profile , your choices your free to do what you want you asked a question and people have offered there opinion

"I've been using this site for almost 6 months (multiple accounts) and so far, i've been fine."

So what are you asking then?

"I've been using this site for almost 6 months (multiple accounts) and so far, i've been fine.

So what are you asking then? "

I was thinking the same

People always talk to me about my life and education and stuff. It is annoying as, its boring.

"People always talk to me about my life and education and stuff. It is annoying as, its boring."

Steer the conversation towards what you want to talk about then.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I might be 18 but, I still feel people don't feel comfortable talking to someone my age."

you are an adult so of course you have the right to be here... however just be aware that you going to be far too young for a lot of people, remember that a fair few will have kids your age or there abouts and that will make some uncomfortable.....

I things to talk about. They just aren't vey sexual. Only slightly.

Your profile text is immature it def needs re-writing! Doing 'weird things is fine but prob keep them to yourself!! There is nothing sexy or attractive about the text and it dont tell anyine what ur looking for! Have a good think about what ur aim is on here and re write it, you may get some interest then!

So you do weird things we get that, if everyone was the same the world would be boring!

As for age.....it's just a number

True.

"I've been using this site for almost 6 months (multiple accounts) and so far, i've been fine."

So delete this account, and use the one's you claim to be doing fine on. If all else fails plenty of fish is that way -.

Alternatively check out the forum for recent threads similar to this, lots of advice, unfortunately FAB is a numbers game, of which us single males are ten a penny. Patience is a virtue and so is a well constructed message. Your profile needs to stand out, it's your shop window so dress it accordingly.

In answer to your question I don't think you are too young but in my honest opinion you are going to find it hard.

"I've been using this site for almost 6 months (multiple accounts) and so far, i've been fine.

So delete this account, and use the one's you claim to be doing fine on. If all else fails plenty of fish is that way - "

- you beat me to it! Reckon PoF would be far more up your street

I don't really think it's a question of age quite so much as attitude, and reading back through your comments on this thread ObliviousOne I don't mean to be unkind, but I get the feeling you're not going to find whatever it is you're after on fab.

Your first paragraph is pretty weird and off putting. Never read any further and nothing to do with your age

Easy to blame something that you can't influence for your lack of success rather than things you can

I know, I don't want to have the same profile as almost every guy on here.

I am so very confused by your profile text

Re-read it to yourself out loud.

Bleach? Cheese sandwhiches? Awkward?

If its meant to be funny, i just dont get it

Its serious. I hate smelly people.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

It sounds gobblydegook to me.

Unfortunately my friend I don't think you are taking this seriously. Your delusional approach and inability to grasp the concept of this site will render you without a bonafide meet. You asked for an opinion and you got many along with some helpful advice, to which you have chosen to ignore. My opinion is unchanged, physically you are old enough to be here, emotionally and mentally, I'd hang up your spurs for the meantime and get yourself to a night club.

I have taken all the advice given but, I don't see why I should lie about myself for the benefit of others.

I have read your previous profile and before commenting I thought I would re read it, however it has been changed.

You say how there is too many peope to write for. Your profile should be about you and what you seek. Don't worry too much regarding what others think. The reason I say this is... those that message you like you for who you are. The ones that won't message you are not a fan and not worth worrying about. As we all have preferences, as a result not all will want to play with you.

Often... if you find the right people they are worth waiting for.

"I have taken all the advice given but, I don't see why I should lie about myself for the benefit of others."

People are not asking you to lie. In fact people are just giving you their best advice from experience which is something you lack, not meant as a negative!

Sarah

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"I have taken all the advice given but, I don't see why I should lie about myself for the benefit of others."

You're quite correct - you shouldn't lie to benefit others... but nobody has suggested that as far as I can see.

In this lifestyle, you get out what you put in. So do what you like with your profile - and reap the rewards of your efforts.

"Its serious. I hate smelly people."

Erm....i think we all do?!

I do anyway but dont feel the need to put it on my profile!

"Also being totally honest your profile does not come over as someone who should be on a sex site

looking for a relationship

sick of being lonely

just want someone to actually like me

are all warning signs to me to stay away regardless of age

would you be able to cope with someone just using you for sex? "

Agreed

You asked a question...people are answering, you have to take the good with the bad. I didn't get a chance to as you previous profile, but the way it reads now just sound like your having a pity party. This is a sex site , lots of fun to be had...so be patient, I'm sure there's Someone on here or you... Best of luck to ya

Thanks for the advice, I will try to re-rite my profile onee more time.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"physically lots of people are ready for such sites, mentally they may not be x"

This. People need to have a high level of emotional intelligence. Saying 'I don'tknow why I'm here' is honest but why are you here? For free sex and lots of it? Prepare for some knockbacks....you've already asked that you might be too young....it's a barrier to some. Not to others.

Your profile needs to be top notch.

"Thanks for the advice, I will try to re-rite my profile onee more time."
if that's your new re write

My God just do the site a favour and leave.

Clearly not here for the right reasons and to be honest you seem like a bit of pessimistic attention seeker.

If you can't be doing with the hassle of writing something vaguely interesting/polite then the closest relationship you're going to get on anysite is with your hand.

"Its serious. I hate smelly people.

Erm....i think we all do?!

I do anyway but dont feel the need to put it on my profile!"

I quite like musky women....

"Thanks for the advice, I will try to re-rite my profile onee more time."

i rewrote my profile loads of time over the space of 7 months to get it to how i wanted it i asked the forums for advice a lot of it i took and some of it i didn't, i didn't write my profile for everyone on here i wrote it for the people i am interested in meeting, but if you're giving up after a few tries then im starting to think this isn't for you.

"giving up is the first point of failure" as my grandad used to say

Clue is in the username

Oblivious

Perhaps the op will realise that the answer is yes ...

Some 18 year olds may get it , he clearly doesn't and a swingers site is not the place for the op to find what he is looking for

"i didn't write my profile for everyone on here i wrote it for the people i am interested in meeting,"

This such a good point and one so many people fail to grasp.

By *gw1070Man  over a year ago

stourbridge

And when writing your new profile make sure that you spell things correctly. It's annoying and frustrating reading profiles that obviously haven't been checked for basic spelling errors.

In answer to your original question, if you're more comfortable talking to people older than you then no, you're not too old for this site.

What I would say is that people older than you, generally speaking, don't want to feel as though they are talking to someone much younger than them and if I can be honest, some of the answers you've given in response to the posts on this thread and indeed the newest update to your profile make you sound like the archetypal huffy, petulant teenager.

My advice would be to sit back, watch whats going on, really get to grips with how the site works and accept that its a sex site and thats what people are looking for. Yes, theres sometimes friendship along the way but that not what people join Fab for.

Once you've decided if you're going to stay, I would definitely say cheer up, rewrite your profile in a positive manner and in a way that people might be attracted to your personality as most people want to hit it off with someone as much as get into their pants.

Good luck!

By *ark NoirMan  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 03/12/13 14:36:01]

"i didn't write my profile for everyone on here i wrote it for the people i am interested in meeting,

This such a good point and one so many people fail to grasp. "

Exactly! I thought I was the only one thinking this!

"Clue is in the username

Oblivious"

Cheeky

I think you're fine mate.

Keep at it pal, you will be fine.

By *un seeker 6969Man  over a year ago

s Wiltshire

Mate go be a teenager and meet women and date enjoy life this place will still be here if find its what your looking for later in life..

» Add a new message to this topic