FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Why is it so hard to get verifications?!

Why is it so hard to get verifications?!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place on this one.

I know that a lot of people will look at the fact I've been on the site for over a year now, and see that I haven't been verified as genuine (a large proportion of people don't take photo verification into their consideration). However, whilst I was at university I wasn't able to do much in the way of travel/accommodation.

However, I have met a few people through this site, yet because of the fact THEY're not verified, neither party could do anything about it.

Is the length of time I've been on this site under this profile without a verified meet a turn-off? Or is my profile simply not up to scratch?

A critique on my profile would be very greatly welcomed, here. I'd very much like to try and make it as good as I possibly can without it looking too contrived.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

I like your profile. Some will think it's too wordy but I like that in a profile. I also like your photos (you're so cute). From my point of view your profile doesn't need changing, though I'm sure others may think differently. (but I am always right).

As for getting verified it certainly is difficult for a guy. I believe you can't even get verified by webcam anymore. The only thing for it is to meet up with someone that is verified so they can do the verification for you. If you are having trouble to get anyone to meet you, even just for a coffee, try going to a club or a social. Sorry I can't be any more help than that.

Aha well thanks very much, that's definitely encouraging. I always try and keep stuff like that as brief as possible, and I just end up writing a saga it seems!

I've always thought that if people can't be bothered to read the profile then that's their loss. I know this is a swinging site and is meant for one thing, but you have to be somewhat attracted to the person(s) involved, right?

That's fine, though, I'll just keep chugging along until I finally get there! Good things come to those that wait, right?

Brigadoon

The lucky thing for you is you live in an area where clubs aren't too far away and socials happen regularly. You could also get photo verified. It's not the same as a meet verification but at least it says you look like you do in your photos.

Yeah that's very true. I did make an effort to get myself photo verified pretty much straight away; it's not hard to take a photo of yourself with a sign saying a few things, after all.

But yeah, once I've settled in a bit more I'll be able to go to the many clubs London has to offer!

Thanks again, it's certainly comforting to know all is not lost. x

Brigadoon

Sorry, don't know where I was looking but I didn't see that you were already photo verified!

Another way to get to know people is right here in the forums...so keep posting

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hey amigo,

had a look at your profile...and all looks good..pics are cool...im sure things will look up for you soon...

Well thanks very much. Things are looking up, then!

and once again the cute guy is straight .

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Options are;

Go into chat, switch your cam on, ask nicely if someone will verify you as looking like your pics.

Attend a social, loads going on right now.

Post a meet request, a coffee social for a veri, in the right section on the forum.

Attend a club and ask them to verify you.

Ask someone local to meet you for a veri, or for sex or what ever you want

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's a good profile. Turn to the dark side....

I think you have a lovely profile and even though at first glance I thought it may be a little long I really enjoyed reading it

You are super cute to look at too!

You've had some good advice,don't lose patience im sure it'll come good for you

I think our experiences are pretty similar, so thought I'd leave my twopenneth! I was also in a similar position at uni but, have to say, since I've graduated and thrown myself into this a bit more it's definitely been more rewarding. It took me up until a couple of months ago to get verified, but finally feel like I'm up and running now - together with a decent enough profile and pics.

You already have the profile and pics, and seem like a nice guy, so I'd just echo what others have said in terms of getting yourself out there. I think if I was in London, I'd definitely look into clubs so that might be a good place to start.

Good luck my friend.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, it's heartening to know I'm doing at least a few things right! I'll try and cut the profile down and not compromise on quality.

No matter how hard I try to arrange even social meets, one or the other are always busy! And then when there are people that are free, nearby and wanting to meet, they're just too pushy and impatient, which really puts me off.

I might be getting desperate, but I'm not quite there yet!

» Add a new message to this topic