FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > LADIES tips on shaving?

LADIES tips on shaving?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ampWithABrain OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hi girls. I've resisted till now but I'm considering shaving for the first time. But with such a delicate area I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

So can anyone advise?

Also any particular products you'd recommend or say to avoid ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

1. Shave belly button and down towards the clit.

2. Trim first

3. Use 2 or more razors

4. Check in the mirror

Bon chance x

Glasgow

Razor better than shaver?

Definitely, much smoother

Glasgow

The main thing I'm worried about is nicking myself...I'm a wimp at the best of times

You need to shave with the hair not against it.x

Glasgow

Ok noted. I'll give it a go n post how I get on. As I said I'm a wimp and a bit of a klutz! But it would also be handy for swimming. Trimming is quite a faff so I'm thinking shaving easier

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Always use a new blade, E45 directly after and then the day after use Nads Ingrow Hair solution (has witch hazel and tea tree oil in it), it is pricey but ive never had bumps after using it.

Its probably easier if you make a pouting action with your lips, and lift your nose up, so it stretches the skin around your mouth, gets rid of most hairs, to be honest a good heavy foundation cream, boots no 7 is really good for hiding re growth, any more advice, please pvt me,

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Don't think you need to be a woman to answer this so, a good razor with an aloe or vitamin e strip. Pull the skin reasonably taught, don't use shaving cream/gel under any circumstances, just some kind of bath suds

By *sa fun bradfordMan  over a year ago

bradford/leeds

I much prefer to use hair removal cream no shaving rash left behind. clean easy and quick

"Its probably easier if you make a pouting action with your lips, and lift your nose up, so it stretches the skin around your mouth, gets rid of most hairs, to be honest a good heavy foundation cream, boots no 7 is really good for hiding re growth, any more advice, please pvt me, "

Off to shops on the morning; cheers for the tip xx

I think the important thing to remember is to exfoliate!! Your 'gina is tougher than you think!

Scrub that thing before and after you've shaved. It'll help with any ingrown hairs.

Just make sure you keep up with your shaving though so it doesn't irritate you, and the more you shave, the easier it becomes!

"Razor better than shaver? "

i use a quatro for women it has safety wires on so you shouldnt cut yourself i never have using this abit more expensive than disposables but worth it as it has the trimmer on the other end and a tip given to me ,, use moisturiser as a shave balm helps for easy smooth glide and keeps your skin from drying out ,, this is also good for legs and underarms

I like to use conditioner as a shaving cream, gets very smooth

I always use a little Vaseline on the shaved area afterward to stop any irritation. Stops any bumps forming too

"I like to use conditioner as a shaving cream, gets very smooth"

I use conditioner as well, works a treat.

Any 1 ever try the NO NO for the more private areas

Another trick is to apply baby oil or any body oil before your shaving foam/gel, always shave with the growth not against.

"Hi girls. I've resisted till now but I'm considering shaving for the first time. But with such a delicate area I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

So can anyone advise?

Also any particular products you'd recommend or say to avoid ??"

I used to shave then took myself for a Hollywood wax. Definitely the way to go. have used the razor inbetween.. Was going today but she had to cancel

My tips...

*Use razors for men, they are better than soft womens ones.

* NEVER use the same one used for armpits (more bacteria under the arms)

* Use a moisturising lotion like E45, dermoil or aqueous cream.

* Use ice cold water afterwards to close the pores.

* MOISTURISE afterwards.

Then repeat 3/4 days later! Oh the things we put ourselves through for a smooth pussy.

"Any 1 ever try the NO NO for the more private areas "

No

"My tips...

* MOISTURISE afterwards.

Then repeat 3/4 days later! Oh the things we put ourselves through for a smooth pussy."

Nothing like a smooth pussy

I would say use a good shaving oil rather than soap or gel/foam. And always a decent blade

"My tips...

* MOISTURISE afterwards.

Then repeat 3/4 days later! Oh the things we put ourselves through for a smooth pussy."

Totally agree.

Moisturise is a must afterwards too

I use Gillette five blade razor. Very effiscient. Leaves no irritation and never goes wrong or cuts. It can last for ages and many uses as well. I always use shower gel.

I like to be really smooth when I meet so I shave just before I see him

But if he cones round the next day I would need to do it again but then I get sore

What can I do ??!!

"I like to be really smooth when I meet so I shave just before I see him

But if he cones round the next day I would need to do it again but then I get sore

What can I do ??!!"

Dont put yourself through pain and irritation for a man, leave it for a couple of days, if he doesn't like it he's not worth meeting again.

What can I do ??!!

Dont put yourself through pain and irritation for a man, leave it for a couple of days, if he doesn't like it he's not worth meeting again."

Yeah but I wouldn't want to have any at all it's me not him

By *leasures4Couple  over a year ago

East midlands

What can I do ??!!"

If you shave everyday your skin will get used to it. I wet shave with a new razor (men's are better) and then go over it everyday with an electric shaver. (Again..men's are better)

I only wet shave once a week but this way I stay smooth all the time.

By *ayandess1Couple  over a year ago

bridgwater

"Razor better than shaver?

i use a quatro for women it has safety wires on so you shouldnt cut yourself i never have using this abit more expensive than disposables but worth it as it has the trimmer on the other end and a tip given to me ,, use moisturiser as a shave balm helps for easy smooth glide and keeps your skin from drying out ,, this is also good for legs and underarms "

By *eforfuncplCouple  over a year ago

Morecambe

"Hi girls. I've resisted till now but I'm considering shaving for the first time. But with such a delicate area I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

So can anyone advise?

that's Mr Funs job! He does a FAB job see pics lol x ill hire him out ladies x lol

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

Why now have you decided to remove the hair? I would say just trim so not so long as you will be surprised at the number of guys that like a natural woman with pubic hair.

"Why now have you decided to remove the hair? I would say just trim so not so long as you will be surprised at the number of guys that like a natural woman with pubic hair. "

Oi ... Dont listen to her lol. What if she fancies guys who like it smooth

I use a beauty trimmer (shavi femini - see web) it works a treat and gives a really close finish. I follow it up with Lanacane talc. Never had a rash with using it either

"Always use a new blade, E45 directly after and then the day after use Nads Ingrow Hair solution (has witch hazel and tea tree oil in it), it is pricey but ive never had bumps after using it."

Anyone know where I can buy the Nads product plesse

By *aula.ceciliaWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Its probably easier if you make a pouting action with your lips, and lift your nose up, so it stretches the skin around your mouth, gets rid of most hairs, to be honest a good heavy foundation cream, boots no 7 is really good for hiding re growth, any more advice, please pvt me, "

Oh Dear,, got the wrong end of the stick,, or not the stick,, LOL

"Always use a new blade, E45 directly after and then the day after use Nads Ingrow Hair solution (has witch hazel and tea tree oil in it), it is pricey but ive never had bumps after using it.

Anyone know where I can buy the Nads product plesse "

A well know chemist chain beginning with B sell it. It's about £11. I bought some today, together with E45 and new razors as per advice above. I'm sure the girl in the Chemists smiled at me. Maybe she's read this thread lol

"Always use a new blade, E45 directly after and then the day after use Nads Ingrow Hair solution (has witch hazel and tea tree oil in it), it is pricey but ive never had bumps after using it.

Anyone know where I can buy the Nads product plesse

A well know chemist chain beginning with B sell it. It's about £11. I bought some today, together with E45 and new razors as per advice above. I'm sure the girl in the Chemists smiled at me. Maybe she's read this thread lol"

Maybe she'll send you a message

I shall go buy some in the week to late for tonight had E45 and new razor so two out of three aint bad. Thankyou.

Wax best way to remove hair!!

I would just go for waxing ... I used to shave, but just comes back to quick

So can anyone advise?

Never use a razor, you can get ingrown hairs and a nasty shaving rash, try waxing or hair removal cream

So can anyone advise?

Never use a razor, you can get ingrown hairs and a nasty shaving rash, try waxing or hair removal cream"

Waxing will give you ingrowing hairs. Exfoliating will help. Shaving is best to stop them. Maybe the above person is different but for the majority ingrowing hairs occur with wax. Shaving gives you a rash not ingrowing hair

X

"Razor better than shaver?

i use a quatro for women it has safety wires on so you shouldnt cut yourself i never have using this abit more expensive than disposables but worth it as it has the trimmer on the other end and a tip given to me ,, use moisturiser as a shave balm helps for easy smooth glide and keeps your skin from drying out ,, this is also good for legs and underarms "

I also use a Quattro and it's a great razor!! Would deffo recommend it to anyone. I've tried a few razors and shavers including those specifically designed for the lady area and since the Quattro I'd never use anything else.

So can anyone advise?

Never use a razor, you can get ingrown hairs and a nasty shaving rash, try waxing or hair removal cream

Waxing will give you ingrowing hairs. Exfoliating will help. Shaving is best to stop them. Maybe the above person is different but for the majority ingrowing hairs occur with wax. Shaving gives you a rash not ingrowing hair

X"

Shaving can also give you in grown hairs, not just waxing (although I'm too much of a wimp to do it) I always use hair removal cream as its much smoother, no stubble

So can anyone advise?

X

Shaving can also give you in grown hairs, not just waxing (although I'm too much of a wimp to do it) I always use hair removal cream as its much smoother, no stubble "

The ingrown hair thing is much more common with wax. Because with shaving, the hair is at the surface of the skin already in can't grow back inside. But you will get them even if you didn't do anything as hair naturally falls out. Hair removal cream is what I like best too. Just don't do what I did and leave it on too long. OUCH!!!!

X

So can anyone advise?

X

Shaving can also give you in grown hairs, not just waxing (although I'm too much of a wimp to do it) I always use hair removal cream as its much smoother, no stubble

The ingrown hair thing is much more common with wax. Because with shaving, the hair is at the surface of the skin already in can't grow back inside. But you will get them even if you didn't do anything as hair naturally falls out. Hair removal cream is what I like best too. Just don't do what I did and leave it on too long. OUCH!!!!

X"

Oh yes! And never use it if you've been scratching! x

Shave every day as your body will get used to it and the itching will stop, I smother down there in dove body wash and never use a shave foam as I find it irritates me, then I use a Quattro razor, I find if I use a different one the soothing bar stuff about the blades irritate me, prob doesn't other people. I've been doing it like that every day for past 2 years and I shave against too now xx

hot wax gives an amazing result which for me lasts for ages. Then all I do is a quick shave & trim inbetween appointments to keep it looking smooth

"My tips...

* MOISTURISE afterwards.

Please don't use aqueous cream, it's NOT a moisturiser, should only be used as a replacement for soap, look at the ingredients.

Get someone else to do it for you

I would like to use hair removal cream. Can anyone tell me if there's a specific make for that area and what it's called and where it can be purchased from please? Many thanks.

Nair do one for the bikini area but from the instructions it shouldnt be used on the more intimate parts. Most pound shops sell it.

So can anyone advise?

X

X"

I used to shave many moons ago and had a few In growing hairs because of it and bloody painful they were too!!! Never had one with waxing.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"Why now have you decided to remove the hair? I would say just trim so not so long as you will be surprised at the number of guys that like a natural woman with pubic hair. "

I'm still waiting for my waxing lady to phone. it's not too hairy and I haven't got any planned meets so do I shave it, if I do you can guarantee she will phone. Do guys mind a little bit of hair?

"I much prefer to use hair removal cream no shaving rash left behind. clean easy and quick "

Only recently be informed about using condition instead of shaving gel, and it works a treat, much smoother and skin feels better afterwards,

"Ok noted. I'll give it a go n post how I get on. As I said I'm a wimp and a bit of a klutz! But it would also be handy for swimming. Trimming is quite a faff so I'm thinking shaving easier"

Be great to see before and after just for research purposes of course.

I say be natural! People seem to be scared of pubic hair these days.

By *irlsnightinWoman  over a year ago

Stratford-u-avon

I epilate and use "hair no more" afterwards. Don't get me went to start with it was very painful. I would recommend getting a wax first then start to epilate when the hair grows back. My hair grows back so fine I don't have to worry too much now x

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

"I always use a little Vaseline on the shaved area afterward to stop any irritation. Stops any bumps forming too"

Also consider aloe vera gel for this purpose.

Jane x

I also use an epilator and exfoliate every shower. Get the odd ingrowing hair but have had with every method that I have tried over the years. Just be careful not to trap any bits in the epilator - big OUCH!!

S xx

By *lade RiderMan  over a year ago

reston

Ladies can I be cheeky,

How much shaving for men do you prefer ??

[Removed by poster at 04/02/14 11:56:47]

[Removed by poster at 04/02/14 11:56:57]

By *ingjayMan  over a year ago

exeter

So can anyone advise?

DONT DO IT!!!! stay hairy!!

Clean new razor a must

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

So can anyone advise?

Shaving will almost always bring up a rash....and as worst ingrowing hair. Speak to a beautician about it and then decide what is best for you.

- shaving needs a lot of maintaining and can leave unsightly marks

- hollywood is painful but so smooth and needs doing every 4 weeks

- depilatery creams just dont do it and if you are not careful your fanny will feel like its on fire...literally and not in a nice way

Get a professional advice but do not get swayed...you do what is right for you!

By *entleman JackMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

Ladies......

May I volunteer my services for shaving you?

I promise to be Veeeeeery gentle,

( and warm my hands up too...)

And make a thorough good job of it.......

And rub some soothing balm into your skin afterwards,

And a close inspection to make sure you are fully satisfied!

By *orthwest_cplCouple  over a year ago

Stretford

I've followed all the tips and now got a very smooth pussy.

But,

Can anyone give me tips on how to heal deep cat scratches?

Need to know basis

"I've followed all the tips and now got a very smooth pussy.

But,

Can anyone give me tips on how to heal deep cat scratches?"

Bepanthene!!

"Ladies can I be cheeky,

How much shaving for men do you prefer ??"

Just a trim hate hairless men

I have been using the no no for the last 3 years now and love the results much better then the old razor

Glasgow

What is no no? Ads don't explain

It works with lazer-like technology that generates mild heat burning the hair on its way. no pain, smooth skin result and hair takes longer to grow again. (According to ads)

"I've followed all the tips and now got a very smooth pussy.

But,

Can anyone give me tips on how to heal deep cat scratches?"

Lol let pussy grow its hair again and no on one would see the scratches!

Hair removal cream works for me, quick, easy and pain free....!! And I moisturise the area everyday, keeps skin moist for the next time.

By *ornyunhotCouple  over a year ago

crazytown

"I like to use conditioner as a shaving cream, gets very smooth

I use conditioner as well, works a treat. "

hair conditioner!!!! works fantastic on any area.

Need to know basis

"What is no no? Ads don't explain"

I encourage you to read as many reviews about this product as possible. I bought it and I have dark hair...it did absolutely nothing for me but worked very well on a friend who is blinde and has thin light hair.

I use veet hair removal cream, it's amazing!

Glasgow

When I've tried cream on legs n underarms it didn't do the job v well but I may try again

» Add a new message to this topic