FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > keep safe !!!

keep safe !!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It surprises me still how people can give out mobile numbers and not realise in certain circumstances its the equivalent of an address!! Please be careful and stay safe!! Just putting it out there!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eisty1Woman  over a year ago

BBW LAND

I often wondered that it's like a lot of people don't realise that if they have a mobile number linked their Facebook profile someone can get the number type it in and bang it brings their profile up :/

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

it just amazes me how much info strangers give to each other

"it just amazes me how much info strangers give to each other"

this! I only give my mobile out to a very select few. Got a stalker and its not nice.

Just get a pay as you and use cash to top it up.

"Just get a pay as you and use cash to top it up."

I downloaded kik messenger ...no numbers exchanged just a user name ..its free and also as a block button which can be useful

Yes this!! My fab phone number is linked to nothing personal.

I have a play phone Under £10 from asda,

I have never used it to ring anyone, because I am discreet,

As for people linking me to facebook etc, I have never used any site that is illegal or could do me harm,

So have nothing to hide.

when people know my real first name, I am all over the internet, because of my job. So have no where to hide

[Removed by poster at 31/01/14 07:54:34]

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"It surprises me still how people can give out mobile numbers and not realise in certain circumstances its the equivalent of an address!! "

Howso? I have disconnected mine from my fb page - what else can I do??

We have a cock phone which is only on when we r meeting

we have a play phone which is only used for meets on here etc.. totally seperate from our every day phones

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I've had the same phone number since 1996. It's a number I give when arranging meets. It's never been abused.

I've got pay as you go and only give it to people if I am going to meet them more than once

"It surprises me still how people can give out mobile numbers and not realise in certain circumstances its the equivalent of an address!!

Howso? I have disconnected mine from my fb page - what else can I do??"

im not going to say how as there are nutters out there but from the mobile number someone gave me I got and address name and a picture of the person. I checked as I always do(have to be careful due to my job) before I ring a number but when I told her she understandably blocked me. Was surprised. ...

There are pay as you go sims you can get that have no monthly costs but still give you data allowance mins and texts.... definatly have a seperate phone or kik Skype untill your sure to give out your number..

"I often wondered that it's like a lot of people don't realise that if they have a mobile number linked their Facebook profile someone can get the number type it in and bang it brings their profile up :/"
not just facebook hun x

"It surprises me still how people can give out mobile numbers and not realise in certain circumstances its the equivalent of an address!! Please be careful and stay safe!! Just putting it out there!!! "

Only if someone is stupid enough to post their mobile number and address somewhere on the web.

"It surprises me still how people can give out mobile numbers and not realise in certain circumstances its the equivalent of an address!! Please be careful and stay safe!! Just putting it out there!!!

Only if someone is stupid enough to post their mobile number and address somewhere on the web."

its easily done though was just wanting people to be careful

"

Only if someone is stupid enough to post their mobile number and address somewhere on the web. its easily done though was just wanting people to be careful"

Fair enough but not everyone is net savvy and you will have some people out there thinking that there are ways that a random stranger can find anyones address and personal details from there mobile number (or IP address for that matter) - which isnt the case.

"It surprises me still how people can give out mobile numbers and not realise in certain circumstances its the equivalent of an address!! Please be careful and stay safe!! Just putting it out there!!!

Only if someone is stupid enough to post their mobile number and address somewhere on the web."

The net is a wonderful tool, especially for business, 440 million people can find me, just by entering my name, and I have clients from most continents,

The secret is to do nothing in life that is illegal, or immoral and you wont have any problems.

"I often wondered that it's like a lot of people don't realise that if they have a mobile number linked their Facebook profile someone can get the number type it in and bang it brings their profile up :/"

Set your face book so people can't search you by your mobile unless they're friends of friends then

"It surprises me still how people can give out mobile numbers and not realise in certain circumstances its the equivalent of an address!!

Howso? I have disconnected mine from my fb page - what else can I do?? im not going to say how as there are nutters out there but from the mobile number someone gave me I got and address name and a picture of the person. I checked as I always do(have to be careful due to my job) before I ring a number but when I told her she understandably blocked me. Was surprised. ... "

So you were a massive freak and were surprised by the response to your creepy insanity?

There's a website out there that lets you enter a name and it comes up with an address along with other occupants of the house and your previous address'. You have to ask to be removed or your details will be on there, it's free aswell

"There's a website out there that lets you enter a name and it comes up with an address along with other occupants of the house and your previous address'. You have to ask to be removed or your details will be on there, it's free aswell "

Can you inbox me the name please?

Electrol register?

yellow pages?

There's a fair few that offer this service, you can even get it in book form

"It surprises me still how people can give out mobile numbers and not realise in certain circumstances its the equivalent of an address!! Please be careful and stay safe!! Just putting it out there!!! "

We did a meet with a single about two weeks , ago . I told her to google my number ,to get my address .

It worked, she she found her way here

By *oom For 1 MoreMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Get a cheap pay as you go mobile

Only if someone is stupid enough to post their mobile number and address somewhere on the web.

The net is a wonderful tool, especially for business, 440 million people can find me, just by entering my name, and I have clients from most continents,

The secret is to do nothing in life that is illegal, or immoral and you wont have any problems.

"

Yes I am the same, you can find my address, date of birth, what hobbies I do, and when I had a limited company how much money I earn. I won't do limited again.

With a little creative googling and the correct use of words, I come top of the free listings

I don't care who has my number, if anyone wanted it that badly I am sure they could find it . I also tell people when I give my number out it's ok to give it to others in real life.

Majority of us all have iPhone or smartphones, with iPhones I know you can block the number directly from the contacts page.....it will help rather than changing your number

By * times sexyCouple  over a year ago

Staffs

The OP has made a very good point but it is just the tip of the iceberg. Weve been on here 4 years and heard certain stories from people (from swinging in general not necc fabs) . The big problem is that if anything does happen like in an extreme case an assault, people wont report it because they are "swingers" Its one reason why people are suspicious of house parties. So we started having private parties where safety, respect and discression were the theme,with proper door security, strictly enforced guest lists and "etiquette" strictly observed ie "No really did mean no" They became so popular we had a 25 couple waiting list and growing.So over the years have dealt with hundereds of people thru the parties, I have a background in event security in top london clubs and concerts etc so my instincts are based on training, you can see the signs 99 out of 100, BUT in one case that let even me down and the person in my home went from being a perfectly pleasant and normal person over the course of a couple of hours to what I would assess in my working days as "Unstable and abusive who clearly had issues with women" we ended up in a situation where all i will say is that "decisive and immediate physical intervention"was required. Leading up to this moment it became clear from what was said there had been other instances where the person had caused similar problems at other meets but no one had confronted it due to the possible stigma attached if they reported it. .The situation was not nice to say the least and in this case the situation was dealt with and yes the appropriate force were brought in and the person I believe received a caution to go with a few bumps and bruises. Im not scaremongering it has to be rememberd that it was one out of as i say hundreds , but if that one had been a woman on her own I hate to think what may have happened. The sting in the tail of that story is i know that the person is still active under a different name but is breaking no rules or laws so they cannot be identified.

So whilst i congratulate what the OP has said and he deserves praise for raising it, I beleive the biggest issue is inviting a stranger into your home, especially a single woman, dont do it unless you have personally verified that person. A woman posted on here last week that she arranged a meet with a single guy at hers and left the front door ajar and the guy was instructed to come up to the bedroom and fuck her and leave !!! Yes seriously , what fucking planet are these people from ! If necessary contact your meets verifiers to make sure all is kosher. If you can meet the person away from your home do so even if its in the next street dont give them your home address until you are satisfied alls ok. Gut feelings a wonderful thing trust it every time , even if it means you dont get that hot sex you was looking forward to. Look at my example and im trained to spot it,

Just because its swinging dosent make it any safer or different than meeting a stranger in any "normal" walk of life.

Take some basic precautions, a couple of simple checks Trust your instincts , Be smart , Be safe and you should not have a problem

By * times sexyCouple  over a year ago

Staffs

Oh and if you want a great example of exactly what I mean see if you can dig out a controversial film of its time called "Looking for Mr Goodbar" it deals eaxactly with this subject and should be compulsory viewing for single lady swingers. But be warned the endings very very shocking, but the message is clear !! Its worth watching

Yes the best way to is to only have a pay as you go phone. there are even sim cards that give you free min text data a month without a monthly charge

» Add a new message to this topic