FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Advice needed

Advice needed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We sent a message including a picture to a profile on and got a response asked if they wanted to chat they sent a message saying text them and gave a phone number. This profile has no veris or pics on profile and have been on here three months is it a good idea texting this number or should we be a bit wary any advice as we are quite new to this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't do it !

Get to know them on here first before giving out your number , unless you have a 'fab' phone , used just fir this .

sounds like a picture hunter tbh. id just block and move on.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No don't text. If they are genuine they will be happy to continue chatting via fab.

I only give my number once a meet has been arranged. I expect theirs in return

i would only give my number out if they was verified and i liked them enough to

x

"i would only give my number out if they was verified and i liked them enough to

x"

"sounds like a picture hunter tbh. id just block and move on. "

How so?

By *moothies.Couple  over a year ago

Woodthorpe

if you add their number on your phone and they have what's app you can message them without giving them your number. sometimes easier to message there than on here.

I don't give out our numbers until arranged a meet. we found having a fuck phone became too much trouble so we try to choose wisely.

"sounds like a picture hunter tbh. id just block and move on.

How so?"

send number so other person can send pictures...

How so? send number so other person can send pictures..."

Also why the need to have to chat via text message.....fab as a wonderfull message system

if i add someone on whatsapp usually they are on my friends list where pics of me are available so i dnt feel the need to send additional pics

How so? send number so other person can send pictures... Also why the need to have to chat via text message.....fab as a wonderfull message system"

sorry i like a photo call before a meet if they cant manage it i dont bother meeting

How so? send number so other person can send pictures... Also why the need to have to chat via text message.....fab as a wonderfull message system

sorry i like a photo call before a meet if they cant manage it i dont bother meeting"

ppl use fab in different ways..theres no right or wrong way...i choose to just use fab for meets not failed me so far. maybe the op could use kik instead

How so? send number so other person can send pictures... Also why the need to have to chat via text message.....fab as a wonderfull message system

sorry i like a photo call before a meet if they cant manage it i dont bother meeting ppl use fab in different ways..theres no right or wrong way...i choose to just use fab for meets not failed me so far. maybe the op could use kik instead"

woah a single man getting meets fuck me sideways x

sorry i like a photo call before a meet if they cant manage it i dont bother meeting ppl use fab in different ways..theres no right or wrong way...i choose to just use fab for meets not failed me so far. maybe the op could use kik instead"

There's no wrong way but you dismissed someone as being a picture collector for using the site in a different way to you...

We hardly ever give our number out to anyone and would certainly dismiss someone that asked for it on a first message purely in the interest of our own privacy. But I know people who prefer to switch to using phone messaging very early on - it's their choice and like you say there is no right or wrong way.

I always thought a picture hunter was someone who sent random friend requests to see private galleries or who repeatedly asked for pictures in messages. I don;t see any evidence of that behaviour in the opening post.

I always thought a picture hunter was someone who sent random friend requests to see private galleries or who repeatedly asked for pictures in messages. I don;t see any evidence of that behaviour in the opening post."

this is what i thought too

By *moothies.Couple  over a year ago

Woodthorpe

sorry i like a photo call before a meet if they cant manage it i dont bother meeting ppl use fab in different ways..theres no right or wrong way...i choose to just use fab for meets not failed me so far. maybe the op could use kik instead

woah a single man getting meets fuck me sideways x"

How many single males will now message you say they love the sideways position?

sorry i like a photo call before a meet if they cant manage it i dont bother meeting ppl use fab in different ways..theres no right or wrong way...i choose to just use fab for meets not failed me so far. maybe the op could use kik instead

woah a single man getting meets fuck me sideways x

How many single males will now message you say they love the sideways position? "

my plan

erm open forum

i agree with what they said and if they was at yesterdays social id nothing to do with the fact i have views and a mind to make my own decision

probably a man pretending to be a couple

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

We have a fab phone , its just for fab only so its on when we need it

woah

no need to get personal

Picture hunters are usually better off asking g for friend invites I would have thought

OP - I think it's safer to get talking through fab messages first. Anyone should be able to add pictures to profile (even if hidden) and attach to message. Going straight into texting and phone calls seems a little bit out of the ordinary but as said before if you do have a phone just for meets then it is up to you. I personally would never give out my 'real' number

if anyone as a issue with me pm me and were sort it out like adults and not on a public forum

[Removed by poster at 02/02/14 19:19:52]

thanks for advice people think we will give it a miss then

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"We sent a message including a picture to a profile on and got a response asked if they wanted to chat they sent a message saying text them and gave a phone number. This profile has no veris or pics on profile and have been on here three months is it a good idea texting this number or should we be a bit wary any advice as we are quite new to this. "

Do what you feel comfortable with and not just to please others. We all have ways that work for us....

We very rarely give out our phone number and I don't do the female to female call like some people demand. Yet we still get meets.

Ok,here goes first post in the forums (new member). I think it's totally up to each person / couple wot they do but i would want at least a chat on here first before anybody gets my number. Not worried about pic hunters (look at my profile and u'll see why ??) but have been victim of phone fraud got bills for thousands!

Ok,here goes first post in the forums (new member). I think it's totally up to each person / couple wot they do but i would want at least a chat on here first before anybody gets my number. Not worried about pic hunters (look at my profile and u'll see why ??) but have been victim of phone fraud got bills for thousands!

Sorry,managed to post my message twice!

By *em4ejacWoman  over a year ago

Cougarville

Withhold your number . Call for a quick verifying chat to confirm they are genuine . You can usually tell in first few minutes .

"if you add their number on your phone and they have what's app you can message them without giving them your number. sometimes easier to message there than on here.

I don't give out our numbers until arranged a meet. we found having a fuck phone became too much trouble so we try to choose wisely. "

oh used this trick and glad we didn't give our number as was a very strange chat that did involve asking for pictures needless to say it didn't last long and we have now blocked them on here. Thanks for all the advice.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

If you're asking, you have doubts.

If you have doubts, don't do it.

"if you add their number on your phone and they have what's app you can message them without giving them your number. sometimes easier to message there than on here.

I don't give out our numbers until arranged a meet. we found having a fuck phone became too much trouble so we try to choose wisely. "

If you message them on What'sApp they can easily get your number and your picture by looking on your profile Kik is the one where you dont exchange numbers at all, as it's based on profile names.

I would be wary of this. If you're going to call them only do it from a swinging phone rather than your private number.

But it sounds like this person is probably a serial wanker and sends his/her number to anyone who replies, and awaits a phone call which I have no doubt will be steered in the "what are you wearing?" direction.

» Add a new message to this topic