FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Civility

Civility

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am new to this but I want to say that I love this site. I have learned so much and really love this forum. My question is are we Americans ( not all of us ) as obnoxious as I think we are ? You Brits seem so much more polite and sophisticated about this lifestyle. Maybe I have a distorted perspective but you all seem so much more polite and respectful. Plus your so classy about it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's a veneer of manners and etiquette, I'm pretty sure that we're all polite and respectful regardless of nationality save a few sorry characters

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"I am new to this but I want to say that I love this site. I have learned so much and really love this forum. My question is are we Americans ( not all of us ) as obnoxious as I think we are ? You Brits seem so much more polite and sophisticated about this lifestyle. Maybe I have a distorted perspective but you all seem so much more polite and respectful. Plus your so classy about it. "

I have travelled 26 states of America. I would never call you obnoxious, if a term right now, me sitting here in my baby outfit, at 12:30am has to be thought of: I'd say; happy within themselves.

Thank you for your positive view. Well I guess part of my problem is that I live in the N.E. U.S. 90 miles from N.Y.C. I have noticed that most of the Swingers on this site from the U.S. are from Fla.,TX., and Ca. Maybe I'll move lol. There is a lot of self righteous moralizing in this country about Human Sexuality. Most of the people that condemn this are envious

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

" Thank you for your positive view. Well I guess part of my problem is that I live in the N.E. U.S. 90 miles from N.Y.C. I have noticed that most of the Swingers on this site from the U.S. are from Fla.,TX., and Ca. Maybe I'll move lol. There is a lot of self righteous moralizing in this country about Human Sexuality. Most of the people that condemn this are envious "

I can definitely understand the lack of swinging culture... whats a bigger problem too is the distances you'd have to travel as I expect it isnt that organised/popular out there I'd say?

Thank you Montgomery you have maybe seen more of the U.S. than I. I think That your acceptance of normal human sexuality is more advanced.

This is the only site that I am on. All of the others seem like sleazy commercial scams. As a result my Universe is quite small. I could try Craigs list but that seems like the Wild West to me. This site feels very safe.

Most people live quite a distance.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very liberating lifestyle

While the language is similar (e.g. Fanny is rude here, polite there) the cultures are miles apart.

Documented research shows that British English culture is nearest to Chinese while American English culture is a near mix of German and French.

That is, the Federal structure of society, the rules running the interaction and the language structure.

The style of present conclusion, present content, present conclusion is aggressive. The British pose question, present content, present conclusion; an inclusive behaviour.

Hence this site has no hidden agenda, it is what it is.

"While the language is similar (e.g. Fanny is rude here, polite there) the cultures are miles apart.

Documented research shows that British English culture is nearest to Chinese while American English culture is a near mix of German and French.

That is, the Federal structure of society, the rules running the interaction and the language structure.

The style of present conclusion, present content, present conclusion is aggressive. The British pose question, present content, present conclusion; an inclusive behaviour.

"

Is a fanny rude

"While the language is similar the cultures are miles apart. Documented research shows that British English culture is nearest to Chinese while American English culture is a near mix of German and French. That is, the Federal structure of society, the rules running the interaction and the language structure. The style of present conclusion, present content, present conclusion is aggressive. The British pose question, present content, present conclusion; an inclusive behaviour. Hence this site has no hidden agenda, it is what it is."

This really interests me and I'd love to read more on it - any suggested references please?

I'd agree with what you say about the British being similar to the Chinese - I sometimes find it much easier to understand and spend time with Chinese, Japanese and Korean friends than with most of the other western cultures. The Chinese are reserved but warm, the Japanese are cultured but enthusiastic about life, and the Koreans are the most intelligent, beautiful and complex people on earth...!

By *rumCoupleCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

"While the language is similar the cultures are miles apart. Documented research shows that British English culture is nearest to Chinese while American English culture is a near mix of German and French. That is, the Federal structure of society, the rules running the interaction and the language structure. The style of present conclusion, present content, present conclusion is aggressive. The British pose question, present content, present conclusion; an inclusive behaviour. Hence this site has no hidden agenda, it is what it is.

This really interests me and I'd love to read more on it - any suggested references please?

I'd agree with what you say about the British being similar to the Chinese - I sometimes find it much easier to understand and spend time with Chinese, Japanese and Korean friends than with most of the other western cultures. The Chinese are reserved but warm, the Japanese are cultured but enthusiastic about life, and the Koreans are the most intelligent, beautiful and complex people on earth...!

"

Except the oriental cultures have a great respect for their elderly ....

think people seem to ally Americans with obnoxiousness, although if being fiercly patriotic and loving everything about who you are a where you come from is obnoxious, then i feel many Brits could do with becoming so lol

in a stereotypical manner, i would guess yanks are more likely to high five after cumming either end of a woman than Brits are lol

By *atWolfCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

In general Americans speak waaay too loud in public. Quieten down a bit, we don't all need to hear it. Sometimes I'm so tempted to say something but don't want a smack in the mouth so just move train carriages!

"While the language is similar (e.g. Fanny is rude here, polite there) the cultures are miles apart.

"

HA HA !!! Brilliant

"While the language is similar the cultures are miles apart. Documented research shows that British English culture is nearest to Chinese while American English culture is a near mix of German and French. That is, the Federal structure of society, the rules running the interaction and the language structure. The style of present conclusion, present content, present conclusion is aggressive. The British pose question, present content, present conclusion; an inclusive behaviour. Hence this site has no hidden agenda, it is what it is.

"

Ok I deserve the sarcasm for my patronizing words lol. I had half a bottle of Scotch in me. No more drinking and posting

"In general Americans speak waaay too loud in public. Quieten down a bit, we don't all need to hear it. Sometimes I'm so tempted to say something but don't want a smack in the mouth so just move train carriages! "

"think people seem to ally Americans with obnoxiousness, although if being fiercly patriotic and loving everything about who you are a where you come from is obnoxious, then i feel many Brits could do with becoming so lol

in a stereotypical manner, i would guess yanks are more likely to high five after cumming either end of a woman than Brits are lol"

Well said. Very silly stereotype. My bad

"

If you want to read more the leading work of research is:

Riding the Waves of Culture: Understanding Cultural Diversity in Business (Paperback)

Fons Trompenaars, Charles Hampden Turner

Nah x can't stereotype x chatted to a couple at st pauls on Saturday x n they were just normal x

But then said they liked the weather as California was just sunshine x lol

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

My first swinging experience was with a lovely couplefrom New Jersey, so don't abandon all hope on the Eastern Seaboard!

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

[Removed by poster at 05/03/14 10:51:53]

By *abcouple11Couple  over a year ago

Truro

jackrackham - the States can "do your 'ead in". As I've seen it, there's a bitter intemperate adversarial conflict in a lot of things in the US. Quite dangerous and not the way we have to get on here, with neighbours close by which we have to get on with. Where we might mutter about "All things under the Sun, and it's impossible to understand many things..." and let be, in the US you meet people who know right from wrong (sic.)

Well I reckon - well maybe something like that. Well, whatever... Largely had good time in States...

» Add a new message to this topic