FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Pushy?

Pushy?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As a reasonably new swinger I am puzzled by the word "pushy" as used on this site. Can someone explain what exactly is meant by it and how does it differ from being confident?

I get the impression that pushy men particularly aren't welcome, so do we all want men who will sit in a corner and not speak until spoken to?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

For us pushy means people who won't take no for an answer and we have found this to be true of men and couples.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"For us pushy means people who won't take no for an answer and we have found this to be true of men and couples. "

That would be my interpretation of pushy too

"For us pushy means people who won't take no for an answer and we have found this to be true of men and couples. "

and women too.

Pushy is nothing to do with confidence and everything to do with neediness and persistence.

I find couples tend to be the worst many seem to expect an instant reply to a wink or a shit one line message. And get naked when you don't.

Narked lol not naked

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 31/03/14 08:52:14]

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"As a reasonably new swinger I am puzzled by the word "pushy" as used on this site. Can someone explain what exactly is meant by it and how does it differ from being confident?

I get the impression that pushy men particularly aren't welcome, so do we all want men who will sit in a corner and not speak until spoken to?

"

For me it's men that won't take no for an answer or want to escalate a meet.

Men: because I don't meet women or couples.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"For us pushy means people who won't take no for an answer and we have found this to be true of men and couples.

and women too.

Pushy is nothing to do with confidence and everything to do with neediness and persistence."

we have no experience of meeting single women so I couldn't comment

Pushy is not gender specific I'm sure but we can all only comment from experience!

Pushy to me is not taking no for an answer, expecting me to to do the sex talk stuff, when all I want to do is meet people, not sit behind a screen with my knickers down.

Recently we offered a couple a date, no answers, but constant _iews what's that all about? But I won't go and say " oh what's up" as I don't push, or beg.

Her

"Narked lol not naked"

They are probably already naked when they message if they are that pushy!

Pushy to me on here is people trying to make things happen too quickly. Not the quick, let's do it now messages but the conversations that try to coerce. Pushy can be blatant or subtle in my experience. Not leaving it when a no has been said and trying a different pathway. Could be that devious rather than pushy though?

[Removed by poster at 31/03/14 11:35:32]

I wouldn't say I was pushy, but I do like to get straight to the point to find out if we're gonna meet. Not here for endless ping pong messages that lead to fuck all

Being pushy is not gender specific neither is it about confidence it's more about someone wanting you to do what they want without taking notice of what your saying.

"As a reasonably new swinger I am puzzled by the word "pushy" as used on this site. Can someone explain what exactly is meant by it and how does it differ from being confident?

For me it's men that won't take no for an answer or want to escalate a meet.

Men: because I don't meet women or couples. "

I would call a man pushy if he wanted to escalate a meet. Same here though, I say men as that's who I'm here to meet.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Desperation.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok, thanks for this. So pushy people in clubs are the ones in your face a bit, the ones who appear by magic when you wander into an empty dungeon etc.

"For us pushy means people who won't take no for an answer and we have found this to be true of men and couples.

and women too.

Pushy is nothing to do with confidence and everything to do with neediness and persistence."

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"Ok, thanks for this. So pushy people in clubs are the ones in your face a bit, the ones who appear by magic when you wander into an empty dungeon etc. "

No....

Some that get in your face or just appear at opportune moment will back off once you make it clear you not interested..

Thats about it.

» Add a new message to this topic