FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > my mate sam.......

my mate sam.......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Morning all.....I was wondering if you could all help me with a few kindly words?

They're for my best pal Sam...he's one vanilla person who knows about my lifestyle choices and despite my efforts to try and explain things he doesent really approve very much....I think he thinks its all very seedy and a lifestyle populated by mac wearing flashers and cheap folk with no interest beyond geting their rocks off however and with whomever they can...I'm not sure he grasps the social fun and friendship side of things and it feels a bit like its coming between us slightly because the lack of insight he has......I thought I might post this and actually show him the results tommorow evening when I see him....what do people think of this idea?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ah, he thinks like many men on here, he thinks it is a sex site for insta shag.

Was taken to dinner on Saturday by a man off here, no sex involved (yet) so deffo all about the social side here and not just about the sex.

I have had many lovely meets with no sex involved at all. But what I love about this scene is knowing I can be open and honest about a part of me that is very important without having to pretend I am something I am not.

For me, meeting men in everyday life inevitability leads to the point when I have to explain my sexual needs if we are to enjoy an honest and fulfilling sex life together. In the past, I have not been fortunate enough to be able to have such an honest conversation without fear of judgement and that has ultimately led to the demise of my sex life. Even in those few cases when I did divulge my fantasies etc..to a man that I was dating and liked very much, in most cases...they made me feel cheap and ridiculed me.

So, I return to my original point and say that knowing I can truly be my authentic sexual self even if its just in conversation over a glass of wine or dinner, is liberating and healthy and I would strongly advise Sam to not discount that very important and normal part of being human - our sexuality.

I would also add that Sam is extremely fortunate to have such a wonderful friend as you, who clearly cares a lot about your friendship and this should never be a reason for a friendship to suffer. Sex is a happy wonderful thing! Celebrate!

My best friend is quite Victorian in his attitudes but he knows enough about my lifestyle. I don't insist on openly talking about it but I do talk about men who aren't my husband and although he winces he's gotten used to it over time. He still asks questions from time to time and maybe regrets asking when I answer, but the questions are no longer accusatory.

As an example at the weekend my best friend took me to a museum and I bought some pretty hideous postcards.

He laughed and enquired as to whether they were for strange men. Yes I said, ones going to Brighton and the other to Germany. He made helpful comments as to what to write.

It has taken perhaps 10 years to get to the stage where we just laugh about it and he no longer asks why I do it all the time.

the way i brought my kids up they would think all this wrong and seedy and not the way to be etc. - in fact was my reaction when i was first introduced to it all only a few years ago - circumstance and meeting certain people can change our thought pattern but some wont ever alter their views - if your mate is a good one you will think no less of you and accept the way you are - like im guessing you accept his not liking of it - all different

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think you should let Sam carry on as he is, he's your friend and he knows what you do but doesn't agree or understand but still supports you. That's what good friends do, do the same for him

I love this site, I have tried the vanilla dating sites and found them full of dishonesty.

This week has been great, I was taken out for a lovely relaxing drink by a very lovely man two Sundays ago and we got on very well.

So arranged to meet again on the weekend just gone, he collected me from home and whisked me off to the west coast of wales, we found a beautiful b&b in a big Victorian house, settled in then went for a wander around the town.

We called into a nice bar had a couple of drinks and a good old natter then walked along the sea front, stopping at a nice eatery for food.

We wandered back early evening to our room and spent a lovely evening with each other, had a great time and got up to a lovely Brekkie the next day.

Took a spin along the coast before getting home.

I was treated like a princess and felt very spoilt. I don't want a full on relationship I'm very happy as I am and I've made some amazing friends on here it's just that I get to play openly with them too.

Never judge another until you have walked a mile in their shoes, xx

"I love this site, I have tried the vanilla dating sites and found them full of dishonesty.

This week has been great, I was taken out for a lovely relaxing drink by a very lovely man two Sundays ago and we got on very well.

So arranged to meet again on the weekend just gone, he collected me from home and whisked me off to the west coast of wales, we found a beautiful b&b in a big Victorian house, settled in then went for a wander around the town.

We called into a nice bar had a couple of drinks and a good old natter then walked along the sea front, stopping at a nice eatery for food.

We wandered back early evening to our room and spent a lovely evening with each other, had a great time and got up to a lovely Brekkie the next day.

Took a spin along the coast before getting home.

I was treated like a princess and felt very spoilt. I don't want a full on relationship I'm very happy as I am and I've made some amazing friends on here it's just that I get to play openly with them too.

Never judge another until you have walked a mile in their shoes, xx "

This sounds lovely. just what id like but unfortunately it would be minus the overnight stay. He sounds like a great guy

"I think you should let Sam carry on as he is, he's your friend and he knows what you do but doesn't agree or understand but still supports you. That's what good friends do, do the same for him "

Actually quite true.

I always say you tolerate things with you friends that you don't with strangers as there is a kind of love with true friendships.

My best mate definitely doesn't like that I swing but he's found acceptance. This probably happened because I've never forced the issue or tried to make it important.

As much as I'd love to talk to him about it more I deliberately don't.

"the way i brought my kids up they would think all this wrong and seedy and not the way to be etc. - in fact was my reaction when i was first introduced to it all only a few years ago - circumstance and meeting certain people can change our thought pattern but some wont ever alter their views - if your mate is a good one you will think no less of you and accept the way you are - like im guessing you accept his not liking of it - all different "

I take no issue with him not liking the lifestyle whatsoever, I would just like him to not like it for what it is rather than not like a perceived idea he appears to have of it.....if that makes sense? I would like him to read this and realise the site isn't all raving sex pests and odd balls ya know and put his mind at ease.

[Removed by poster at 07/04/14 08:58:02]

"I think you should let Sam carry on as he is, he's your friend and he knows what you do but doesn't agree or understand but still supports you. That's what good friends do, do the same for him "

Agreed, I just want him to have a realistic idea of what he isn't approving of....he has the idea this is where sex pests and people on registers live

"I think you should let Sam carry on as he is, he's your friend and he knows what you do but doesn't agree or understand but still supports you. That's what good friends do, do the same for him

Agreed, I just want him to have a realistic idea of what he isn't approving of....he has the idea this is where sex pests and people on registers live "

You can tell him about my next already planned meet. I'm being taken to pitch and putt golf so I can be laughed at by a guy as I hack at large clods of earth whilst attempting to hit a very small ball (snigger). But that's ok, it's appeals to my desire to have the piss taken out of me.

I will cook a meal and all the time there is the anticipation of fun........

Thankyou all thus far....he ought to realise off this alone that its the home of decent articulate folk with a little more depth than I feel he percieves

Unless anybody who's posted particularly minds, I shall show hom this tonight so please feel free to say hello to him lol x

Hi Sam

I use this site like a dating site as more people are honest about whether they're cheating or not here, than on conventional sites.

People are also more honest if they have specific kinks .

It's a good place.

Invite him to a social

Not the worst idea I've ever heard.....depends on how he feels about it, I may slowly broach that with him.... In fact.........Sam, dude, you'll be reading this later fella so you fancy coming to a social some time mate? Not been to one myself yet...come and see what its all about, could be interesting? Your call mate

Tell Sam there's no difference meeting a woman on here than in a pub except on here she won't be d*unk

"Tell Sam there's no difference meeting a woman on here than in a pub except on here she won't be d*unk "

Really? You sounded half pissed on the law thread nana.....you telling me porky pies lol

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

Take him to the social at partners this sat night!!

"Take him to the social at partners this sat night!!"

Slowly slowly catch monkey and I can't anyhow I have plans for Fri and doubt I have the budget for both....mores' the pity....if he agrees then I will one day though to a social anyhow....when that day comes I will come into the forums and seek the advice of my wise swinging elders.....and youngers in some cases

"Tell Sam there's no difference meeting a woman on here than in a pub except on here she won't be d*unk

Really? You sounded half pissed on the law thread nana.....you telling me porky pies lol "

I come across as a d*unk on here?? that will be my cold talking

"Tell Sam there's no difference meeting a woman on here than in a pub except on here she won't be d*unk

Really? You sounded half pissed on the law thread nana.....you telling me porky pies lol

I come across as a d*unk on here?? that will be my cold talking "

Go look at your post on the 'law' thread

"Hi Sam

I use this site like a dating site as more people are honest about whether they're cheating or not here, than on conventional sites.

People are also more honest if they have specific kinks .

It's a good place. "

This and hello from me xx

I'm off to an all girl social on Wednesday night, just a bunch of normal women getting together in a pub for a few sherbuts and a giggle just the conversation might be a bit different lmao

"the way i brought my kids up they would think all this wrong and seedy and not the way to be etc. - in fact was my reaction when i was first introduced to it all only a few years ago - circumstance and meeting certain people can change our thought pattern but some wont ever alter their views - if your mate is a good one you will think no less of you and accept the way you are - like im guessing you accept his not liking of it - all different

I take no issue with him not liking the lifestyle whatsoever, I would just like him to not like it for what it is rather than not like a perceived idea he appears to have of it.....if that makes sense? I would like him to read this and realise the site isn't all raving sex pests and odd balls ya know and put his mind at ease. "

makes total sense - i admit to having totally the wrong idea about all of it when i first met someone into this

"I'm off to an all girl social on Wednesday night, just a bunch of normal women getting together in a pub for a few sherbuts and a giggle just the conversation might be a bit different lmao "

and its so refreshing to be able to chat freely about it all dontcha think

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"I'm off to an all girl social on Wednesday night, just a bunch of normal women getting together in a pub for a few sherbuts and a giggle just the conversation might be a bit different lmao

and its so refreshing to be able to chat freely about it all dontcha think "

"I'm off to an all girl social on Wednesday night, just a bunch of normal women getting together in a pub for a few sherbuts and a giggle just the conversation might be a bit different lmao

Yes it is

We've had several social meets, no sex involved and realized it wouldn't come in the future but still talk often because we formed a friendship first. I truly have great people I've/we've met from fab! Couldn't be happier about it

It's not always a sexual thing

Sounds like great fun!

We'll I showed him this thread..... he read it through....I'm not sure what he thought of it precisely as I has to run off five mins later so haven't had the chance to discuss it really yet but you guys must have done some good as he smiled a lot reading it and agreed in principal it might be an idea to go to a social so....over the summer when money allows I will attend my first social with my bezzie I hope

Personally I think he really liked your avatars ladies...he did point yours out Missmo lol

"We've had several social meets, no sex involved and realized it wouldn't come in the future but still talk often because we formed a friendship first. I truly have great people I've/we've met from fab! Couldn't be happier about it

It's not always a sexual thing"

Damnit jlovey!.......wrong Lancaster! Gets me every time!

"We've had several social meets, no sex involved and realized it wouldn't come in the future but still talk often because we formed a friendship first. I truly have great people I've/we've met from fab! Couldn't be happier about it

Damnit jlovey!.......wrong Lancaster! Gets me every time! "

Lol I know! I know probably missed out on some the best fun ever in the UK...you don't know how many night I whisper we need to move to the UK in my mans ear I'm hoping he catches on and we visit soon

Lol I know! I know probably missed out on some the best fun ever in the UK...you don't know how many night I whisper we need to move to the UK in my mans ear I'm hoping he catches on and we visit soon "

If ever you sucseed, Lancaster is a nice place and you'd never forget where you lived......keep up trying, I'm sure everyone on here would love to see you guys over

"We'll I showed him this thread..... he read it through....I'm not sure what he thought of it precisely as I has to run off five mins later so haven't had the chance to discuss it really yet but you guys must have done some good as he smiled a lot reading it and agreed in principal it might be an idea to go to a social so....over the summer when money allows I will attend my first social with my bezzie I hope

Personally I think he really liked your avatars ladies...he did point yours out Missmo lol "

Well tell him thank you I blushed

"We'll I showed him this thread..... he read it through....I'm not sure what he thought of it precisely as I has to run off five mins later so haven't had the chance to discuss it really yet but you guys must have done some good as he smiled a lot reading it and agreed in principal it might be an idea to go to a social so....over the summer when money allows I will attend my first social with my bezzie I hope

Personally I think he really liked your avatars ladies...he did point yours out Missmo lol

Well tell him thank you I blushed "

I will do....I'll be seeing him in a bit

By *ingerbicky69Woman  over a year ago

EXETER

I will do....I'll be seeing him in a bit "

I think one of us lucky ladys should help sam out.

"We'll I showed him this thread..... he read it through....I'm not sure what he thought of it precisely as I has to run off five mins later so haven't had the chance to discuss it really yet but you guys must have done some good as he smiled a lot reading it and agreed in principal it might be an idea to go to a social so....over the summer when money allows I will attend my first social with my bezzie I hopehope

I will do....I'll be seeing him in a bit I think one of us lucky ladys should help sam out. "

Haha poor Sam, he's not yet come to accept swinging as we so readily do but at this rate he's going to be getting an ffffm. Lol.

"We'll I showed him this thread..... he read it through....I'm not sure what he thought of it precisely as I has to run off five mins later so haven't had the chance to discuss it really yet but you guys must have done some good as he smiled a lot reading it and agreed in principal it might be an idea to go to a social so....over the summer when money allows I will attend my first social with my bezzie I hopehope

I will do....I'll be seeing him in a bit I think one of us lucky ladys should help sam out.

Haha poor Sam, he's not yet come to accept swinging as we so readily do but at this rate he's going to be getting an ffffm. Lol. "

*watches with a tear of pride as his best mate gets swallowed up in a pile of lithe semi clad ladies*

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

Hi Sam...

"Hi Sam... "

Join the cue lol......I'm sure when he sees this he'll be very pleased to know he's the hottest ticket on fab today....without being on fab! How he's managed that I don't know?!

"Thankyou all thus far....he ought to realise off this alone that its the home of decent articulate folk with a little more depth than I feel he percieves

Unless anybody who's posted particularly minds, I shall show hom this tonight so please feel free to say hello to him lol x "

Hi Sam

Fancy a fuck ?

By *anny PepperoniMan  over a year ago

Matlock

I think he's got it in a nutshell.

Hi Sam

Hello sam welcome to the forums enjoy and help yourself a biccie while you're visiting x

Oh lord, he's starting to like it here....I can see him joining soon......more bloody competition lol

By *ingerbicky69Woman  over a year ago

EXETER

Ill take both of you

"Oh lord, he's starting to like it here....I can see him joining soon......more bloody competition lol "

so has this post changed his opinion of Us Fab swingers

"Ill take both of you "

I'm at sams now....just fumbling like a lunatic for my car keys and diesel money!

"Oh lord, he's starting to like it here....I can see him joining soon......more bloody competition lol

so has this post changed his opinion of Us Fab swingers "

It's peaked his interest! Am busy explaining the place as best I can to him...see if we can't set him on the road with the right attitude....

"Oh lord, he's starting to like it here....I can see him joining soon......more bloody competition lol

so has this post changed his opinion of Us Fab swingers

It's peaked his interest! Am busy explaining the place as best I can to him...see if we can't set him on the road with the right attitude...."

best of luck with that

Ahhh just send him my way.... You know how good I am at socials

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Damnit jlovey!.......wrong Lancaster! Gets me every time! "

Me too! I keep perving jloveys profile and having a D'oh moment

Hiya Sam, fancy a shag?

Disclaimer...I didn't really mean that, I'm quite articulate really but my libido sometimes takes over

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

hi sam.... im old but good.. lol

"hi sam.... im old but good.. lol"

Many a good tune and all that gorgeous, Sam would be a very lucky man

He's reading all these........he's come over all pleased

[Removed by poster at 08/04/14 22:51:30]

"Ahhh just send him my way.... You know how good I am at socials "

You mean sit for hours and listen to me berate potatoes right?

"Ahhh just send him my way.... You know how good I am at socials "

Shall I actaully fetch him one day? for you are wise.......

Go look at your post on the 'law' thread "

I only said I'd insist on talking to the manager. Does that sound like a d*unk talking?

I only said I'd insist on talking to the manager. Does that sound like a d*unk talking? "

Oh no! I just went and.looked and it wasn't you! Awwwww....sorry... I'm an idiot.....it does even say so in my profile so its in the smallprint......apologies still

should have put him on the phone to me earlier when I rang lol

I only said I'd insist on talking to the manager. Does that sound like a d*unk talking?

Oh no! I just went and.looked and it wasn't you! Awwwww....sorry... I'm an idiot.....it does even say so in my profile so its in the smallprint......apologies still "

so who's the d*unk?

"should have put him on the phone to me earlier when I rang lol"

He was sat by me and heard all of that conversation as you know lol.....

Oh no! I just went and.looked and it wasn't you! Awwwww....sorry... I'm an idiot.....it does even say so in my profile so its in the smallprint......apologies still

so who's the d*unk? "

I feel rude on them if i tell you

It's near the top of the thread...an on purpose slurred post...I just feel a bit daft now ....hangs head and slopes off....

"should have put him on the phone to me earlier when I rang lol

He was sat by me and heard all of that conversation as you know lol..... "

shame on u mr christos. should have said could have made the conversation more interesting for him

"Ahhh just send him my way.... You know how good I am at socials

Shall I actaully fetch him one day? for you are wise......."

Aye go on.... I promise not to scare the poor lad....

As for berating potatoes, I think that was one of our normal conversations

shame on u mr christos. should have said could have made the conversation more interesting for him "

He was already glancing sideways at me........I'll pop him on the phone next time you call when I'm there for the laugh

"Ahhh just send him my way.... You know how good I am at socials

Shall I actaully fetch him one day? for you are wise.......

Aye go on.... I promise not to scare the poor lad....

As for berating potatoes, I think that was one of our normal conversations "

'normal' conversation?

And I'll put it to him and fetch him next time I come for a yap

shame on u mr christos. should have said could have made the conversation more interesting for him

He was already glancing sideways at me........I'll pop him on the phone next time you call when I'm there for the laugh "

a laugh. i like to think im serious when im chatting on the phone lol

He was already glancing sideways at me........I'll pop him on the phone next time you call when I'm there for the laugh

a laugh. i like to think im serious when im chatting on the phone lol

"

I dunno...I thought our conversation was a giggle...given the subject matter we touched on lol

Hiya Sam, fancy a shag?

Disclaimer...I didn't really mean that, I'm quite articulate really but my libido sometimes takes over "

Hmm, wondered about that caz.....didn't have you down as the one line type...you'll be giving him the wrong idea the poor boy....

So does sam have his own profile now?

"So does sam have his own profile now? "

Not yet, I think I'm going to help him set one up soon though.....its easier for him to come on and work things out for himself

Hiya Sam, fancy a shag?

Disclaimer...I didn't really mean that, I'm quite articulate really but my libido sometimes takes over "

Relocating right NOW

Oh and hello Sam when you join be sure to say hello.

Hiya Sam, fancy a shag?

Disclaimer...I didn't really mean that, I'm quite articulate really but my libido sometimes takes over

Relocating right NOW

Oh and hello Sam when you join be sure to say hello."

Excellent....you want to be arriving at Manchester airport, let me know when your arriving and 'll be at the arrivals gate waiting with a massive fab banner and balloons....ya'll (see what I did there) can jump in the car and stop with me till you get sorted, meanwhile, we can pop up the road, grab Sam and you can say hi yourselves then carry on and see caz as well....I think she likes ya too sound like a plan?

What time you arriving?

Hiya Sam, fancy a shag?

Relocating right NOW

Oh and hello Sam when you join be sure to say hello.

Excellent....you want to be arriving at Manchester airport, let me know when your arriving and 'll be at the arrivals gate waiting with a massive fab banner and balloons....ya'll (see what I did there) can jump in the car and stop with me till you get sorted, meanwhile, we can pop up the road, grab Sam and you can say hi yourselves then carry on and see caz as well....I think she likes ya too sound like a plan?

What time you arriving? "

Sounds like a FAB time I'll let you know as soon as I have everything squared away! Oh I'm so excited! So much fun to be had!!

He joined! He can't post in here for seven days though and he's not photo verified yet....i'll help him do that asap.

Say hi though guys.....samtheman82

"He joined! He can't post in here for seven days though and he's not photo verified yet....i'll help him do that asap.

Say hi though guys.....samtheman82 "

"He joined! He can't post in here for seven days though and he's not photo verified yet....i'll help him do that asap.

Curiosity got the best of him huh?

Aww, have a haircut, bless him!

Hi Sam, welcome to our World.

You could always pop through to Blackpool together! Plenty of clubs there. Give me a shout if you do; always like a trio or more!

Can sam post yet??

By *uggarbunnyWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

I still seem to be attracting the guys who think just because I'm on here it's their given right by mailing me a cock shot they are going to get in my pants. Jog on. Still looking for the social side x

"I still seem to be attracting the guys who think just because I'm on here it's their given right by mailing me a cock shot they are going to get in my pants. Jog on. Still looking for the social side x"

Wrong thread??

By *uggarbunnyWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"I still seem to be attracting the guys who think just because I'm on here it's their given right by mailing me a cock shot they are going to get in my pants. Jog on. Still looking for the social side x

Wrong thread??

"

Nope. Right thread. In reply to original post and some of the other people who have posted. About how this site is more than a quicki. Others have found the social side of it and how good it is.

What happened to Sam?

Think I would slap him in the mush and put one of fabs stunning naked ladies in front of him can see his mind change already

[Removed by poster at 19/04/14 17:11:35]

Thanks christos

but i think i can take it from here

well put i dont understand the need to have the friend coerced into finding out more about your private life to be honest i think its disrespctful by o p to do this.

leave him be.

Hello Sam. Most of the above. Circumstances led me to this site and there are a fair few inarticulate and seedy folk about, as in life. However there are some warm, witty and wonderful people too. Have made friends and as above, have met without any sexual activity. However the freedom from judgement against "the norm" is a valuable part of membership. Yu ar clearly a good friend and genuinely concerned. Hope this thread reassures you.

runs and hides

"I think you should let Sam carry on as he is, he's your friend and he knows what you do but doesn't agree or understand but still supports you. That's what good friends do, do the same for him

well put i dont understand the need to have the friend coerced into finding out more about your private life to be honest i think its disrespctful by o p to do this.

leave him be."

Not coerced into anything. Op wanted Sam to know what swinging, and this site, are about. Rather than just thinking it's seedy and dirty.

The choice to join was his own.

Always somebody wants to stir the pot!

If you read the entire thread, Sam chose to join after seeing swinging wasn't as bad as he thought. So it was on his own free will

There are seedy aspects & from time to time I've found myself in the stereotypical situations that you joke about and which I then try to banish from my mind - creepy blokes stalking around clubs, being stuck between unattractive people shagging in a small pool etc. etc.

But I've also been to some really nice places, met lots of nice people and had loads of really good sex.

» Add a new message to this topic