FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > circumcision

circumcision

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *outheast22 OP   Couple  over a year ago

carlow

Hello all,,hope someone can help with some advice,,, iv had a circumcision on Friday and discharged from hospital yesterday,, now while the cut and stitches are not in the least sore at all the head is very sore,,it was a necessity to get the op as the foreskin had tightened and was hindering daily life,,has anyone had this before?? What did you do??? Does it take long to heal??? Thanks for all help,,I'm going to doc in the morning anyway

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did you have the op because you suffered from Phimosis?

carlow

Don't recognise that name but it's when the foreskin looses the skins elasticity and for months now iv been unable to peel back the foreskin

Hi, I've had this done about 6 years ago, I had the same issue with tight foreskin. The head was also very sore as well as the op, I was told it's the gland getting used to being exposed by my surgeon. In all mine took around 6 weeks to heal before I could do anything normal (not sex). But in the end it is well worth it, feels cleaner and can function well. hang in there buddy

"Don't recognise that name but it's when the foreskin looses the skins elasticity and for months now iv been unable to peel back the foreskin "
That is called phimosis. You need to return to see the Surgeon as this could be a tight suture problem. Good luck!

carlow

No its not anything to do with the stitches it's just the head

"No its not anything to do with the stitches it's just the head"
It could be localised swelling that stems from the incision and suture

By *IRCUMCISED51Man  over a year ago

Hitchin

That's why I am in favour of circumcision at birth

"That's why I am in favour of circumcision at birth"

So newborn boys can go through what could prove to be a completely unnecessary surgical procedure along with the attendant discomfort?

By *nne CallanWoman  over a year ago

Nothing to see here. Please move along.

Circumsision can cause long term problems. Look up bxo. Dont get cut unless its needed. Imagine having to have a penis rebuild and skin grafts. Not nice

Try having a salt bath should easy thing's a touch, its just your head getting use to being un covered. Once its healed you should be fine never had any problems with mine, and had mine done at a very young age.

my husband had to have that operation due to his foreskin not being able to be pulled back. the top of his was sore as well he had lots of salt baths and the nurse recommended sudacrem toput on sore head. hope it gets better soon love

"Hello all,,hope someone can help with some advice,,, iv had a circumcision on Friday and discharged from hospital yesterday,, now while the cut and stitches are not in the least sore at all the head is very sore,,it was a necessity to get the op as the foreskin had tightened and was hindering daily life,,has anyone had this before?? What did you do??? Does it take long to heal??? Thanks for all help,,I'm going to doc in the morning anyway "

Had it done in my 20,s same reason

it hurts like hell for a good few weeks, but after day 14 days your ok to go just take it easy for a bit no hard pounding.

Ps welcome to the cut club cut guys do it better and last longer its a myth it makes your cock more sensitive

"Circumsision can cause long term problems. Look up bxo. Dont get cut unless its needed. Imagine having to have a penis rebuild and skin grafts. Not nice "

Bollicks dont believe every thing you read

Lukewarm water with salt in, this will help with the healing. Don't get an erections!!! Think happy thoughts lol

By *abcouple11Couple  over a year ago

Truro

That would go against the general consensus on this forum of freedom of choice. How is this person going to exercise their choice of whether to be circumcised or not later on in life when it is their decision to make???????

Let my contrary view by recorded as balance to your view.

By *abcouple11Couple  over a year ago

Truro

[D. male] - it took me about 2 weeks to recover - if recall rightly I fucked again on the 12th day after the operation.

Had torn foreskin - understand that now they can repair the frenulum (skin between foreskin and penis shaft/head), but then, had to say bye-bye to much-loved foreskin.

"That's why I am in favour of circumcision at birth

So newborn boys can go through what could prove to be a completely unnecessary surgical procedure along with the attendant discomfort?"

It took my son 4 days. He only cried when he was wet.

[Removed by poster at 02/07/14 08:53:08]

So newborn boys can go through what could prove to be a completely unnecessary surgical procedure along with the attendant discomfort?

It took my son 4 days. He only cried when he was wet."

oh that's okay then...

oh that's okay then... "

It is indeed OK. Millions of men have undergone it. Are you proposing to sew it back on?

oh that's okay then...

It is indeed OK. Millions of men have undergone it. Are you proposing to sew it back on? "

nope..proposing that parents stop genitally mutilating their infant sons for whatever reason until they're old enough to either have it done through choice or medical necessity

Thank god mine was done when I was only one, I can't leave my cock alone for 6 hours, never mind 6 weeks!

"Hello all,,hope someone can help with some advice,,, iv had a circumcision on Friday and discharged from hospital yesterday,, now while the cut and stitches are not in the least sore at all the head is very sore,,it was a necessity to get the op as the foreskin had tightened and was hindering daily life,,has anyone had this before?? What did you do??? Does it take long to heal??? Thanks for all help,,I'm going to doc in the morning anyway "

I actually squirmed reading this . I can't bear the thought of walking around with my head rubbing on my underwear and exposed like that. Hang in there mate.

By *exyLancs2Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Bear with it. For me, Suzie, a cut cock is much nicer.

Mine hastaken quite some time to heal.... In fact is still not quite there...

But then I managed to pull out a couple of stitches rant on which let an infection in. Nothing serious, just a much longer recovery time.

Bathe it twice a day with salted boiled water (salt it lots while freshly boiled, then allow to cool). Dunking in completely is the best way to do it.

"Hi, I've had this done about 6 years ago, I had the same issue with tight foreskin. The head was also very sore as well as the op, I was told it's the gland getting used to being exposed by my surgeon. In all mine took around 6 weeks to heal before I could do anything normal (not sex). But in the end it is well worth it, feels cleaner and can function well. hang in there buddy "

I also think we should chop children's ears off, because they don't need them and can hear perfectly without all that ugly skin on the side of there face, my kid had an ear infection once that could have been avoided if the ear was easy to clean, and if it's done at birth it can't hurt them, the screams are just a medical reflex.

AKA non consensual genital mutilation.

crystal

Why dont we start whipping out babies appendices, tonsils, adenoids, 'just in case' as well. a foreskin has a function, unless it is problematic it should be left where it is until that person is old enough to make an informed choice.

By *olwaySonarMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

AKA non consensual genital mutilation.

crystal"

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

oh that's okay then...

It is indeed OK. Millions of men have undergone it. Are you proposing to sew it back on?

nope..proposing that parents stop genitally mutilating their infant sons for whatever reason until they're old enough to either have it done through choice or medical necessity"

Sense at last!! "Only cried when wet"....Jesus H Christ.....

Do they have to give informed consent?

I was cut at the age of about 6 cant really remember why (presumably an infection) but I do remember not being very happy with "my willy" sticking to my underpants whilst it healed

By *tuartb1970Man  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

I was circumcised a few years back for similar reasons

A few days after the op I took the dressing off and the head was incredibly sensitive , never felt anything like it

I would say its very common and nothing to worry about, but it was a good two weeks before it really settled down

Wearing clothes was unbearable

oh that's okay then...

nope..proposing that parents stop genitally mutilating their infant sons for whatever reason until they're old enough to either have it done through choice or medical necessity"

I agree, everyone is up in arms about FGM, but it seems OK to do it to young boys!

I hd the same it takes a good 6 weeks to heal and the head does feel quite tender/sore just keep it clean especially stitched area and all will be good

[Removed by poster at 03/07/14 22:57:14]

Hitchin

Exactly and from the 1890s to the 1940s 60 percent of upper class Brits and about 40 percent of working class Brits were circumcised with no ill effect. There is so much ignorance about circumcision because the Earth Mothers who run the NHS are so against it. Loads of British men and boys are circumcised every year because the foreskin is too tight or causes problems. Most smell anyway

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

" Most smell anyway"

WTF?

I'm sure 'most' of us know how to use soap and water. Are you saying people that are circumcised don't need to wash their bellend?

Hitchin

yes circumcised people wash but long foreskins do get sweaty and become pungent quite quickly

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I was circumcised as a tot, I don't know why & I don't remember it, but I'm bloody glad it happened. Annie frequently tells me my cock is the loveliest she has ever seen! You're better off without a foreskin.

Talking of which, you must have heard this one:

What do you call the useless piece of skin on the end of a cock? A man

One for the ladies there.

Hitchin

lol

I'm surprised hospitals don't give you advice on aftercare. I would suggest using Drapolene or Sudocrem but I'm not a doctor,I just know they soothe and Drapolene numbs a little

By *jandjbCouple  over a year ago

Nr Manchester

I agree entirely with only performing circumcision when necessary, I know that a circumcised man poses less risk of contracting and passing on the Papilloma virus which is the cause of cervical cancer.

I love foreskins. :0)

I'm rather attached to mine so I think I will leave it where it is it pulls all the way back so get the best of both worlds and oh so sensitive :D

"yes circumcised people wash but long foreskins do get sweaty and become pungent quite quickly "

Are you an inveterate cock sniffer, highly presumptious or just attracted to unwashed men.

I have seen the very real damage on mens penises due to being done as a baby. and it happens a lot.

"yes circumcised people wash but long foreskins do get sweaty and become pungent quite quickly "

I want my cock tasting and smelling like a cock not a bunch of flowers

I love forskins too its magic seeing it coming out and I love poking my tounge up the hole and sucking on the skin my ex husband was circumcised and wasn't nearly as sensitive on the head as one that was natural , plus over the years the skin gets thicker and tougher as its exposed so the sensitivity just about vanishes for many , some guys can really struggle to come in later years and bash the cock like they are trying to knock Tyson out trying to cum

The body is a marvellous creation and we shouldn't alter it unless we have a problem

Regarding sweat and smell etc

Exactly the same could be said about a vagina it's built to cover the vagina passage and it gets protected with our inner and outer lips if all that would be cut away we would have a dry unsensitive vagina too being clean has its limits some moisture is good for goodness sake it keeps it working as its meant to be

By *obbyCock36Man  over a year ago

Bournemouth

If in doubt, check it out with your GP. If the receptionist says is it an emergency, say yes it is, if she asks say your concerned about post operative complications. Good luck and the swelling will settle.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

So can feet.

By *33dfulthingsMan  over a year ago

london

I wouldn't let anyone suck my feet

So newborn boys can go through what could prove to be a completely unnecessary surgical procedure along with the attendant discomfort?"

standard procedure in new borns in america

No it isn't. Its standard procedure to ask if the parents want it performed.

standard procedure in new borns in america"

Yeah ....

And who could question anything Americans do.......?!? :@

Ps I can't imaging having a wank without a foreskin, ouch!

Lube.

I had to have it done when I was 22 because I couldn't retract the foreskin. The head was very sore for a week or two after. I had the unfortunate experience of the frenum stitch popped the day after. This was due to an unauthorised erection. (Sometimes these things have a mind of their own) lol. But glad it did in a way because it would have healed bent otherwise. In my opinion the best thing I've ever had done. Lol. Don't worry your head will ease off after a week or so. It will be very sensitive for a while though because it's not used to being exposed and just walking in clothes will be strange. It will get better though.

"Ps I can't imaging having a wank without a foreskin, ouch!"

Neither could I before but you soon get used to it and to be honest really is no different tbh.

standard procedure in new borns in america"

It still doesn't make it clinically necessary...It makes hospitals money because they get paid to do it

Don't get me wrong, the monkey is cut and I love it but it was a necessary clinical procedure when he was older...The vast majority of men live quite happily with a foreskin for their entire lives...are people really advocating that public money should be spent on completely unnecessary surgical procedures on new born boys for an aesthetic?

"Ps I can't imaging having a wank without a foreskin, ouch!

Neither could I before but you soon get used to it and to be honest really is no different tbh. "

That's what I like about having a forsekin is that I can have a wank in the normal way of pulling it back and forth over the head or pull it right the way back and use some lube really sensitive then

By *ouplekinkCouple  over a year ago

kink town

No they don't

"yes circumcised people wash but long foreskins do get sweaty and become pungent quite quickly

No they don't "

This make a nice change from men commenting on the smell of vaginas

My local hospital is still advertising for a Circumciser, they're offering £300 a week plus tips!

it's gonna hurt for a while/be very tender its not used to being touched by somthing other than its nice protective sheath.

how would you know?

oh and in America where its common more baby boys die from circumcision operations every year than the total number of boys who medically need a circumcision.

Most parents don;t really want to risk their child's life for a pointless mutilation in most cases here thankfully.

But circumcision isn't really done with blades anymore unless it is done for religious reasons.

Now they use wire to cut the blood flow and it drops off painlessly after a few days.

It's 2014 who is really using a blade on a child's penis, other than the mad religitards of course.

Let's start cutting the labia off new born girls. They don't need it, they're too young to remember the pain and when they're older, the view between their legs will be much nicer and they won't smell as much as it's more hygienic.

crystal

"But circumcision isn't really done with blades anymore unless it is done for religious reasons.

Now they use wire to cut the blood flow and it drops off painlessly after a few days.

It's 2014 who is really using a blade on a child's penis, other than the mad religitards of course."

Err no that's castration ie removing the balls and is mainly for animals.

You can't wrap a wire around the forks in and cut its blood off without also killing the head of the penis.

also when your a baby your foreskin is attached to the head of your penis this had to be separated it's not firmly attached but it stills needs separating with a blunt instrument

You should see the little baby sized torture rack they have that they strap them into for hospital jobs it's grim.

By *ptimusDMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Circumsision can cause long term problems. Look up bxo. Dont get cut unless its needed. Imagine having to have a penis rebuild and skin grafts. Not nice "

BXO is a type of infective penile dermatoses, and a simple search on Google will show you that CIRCUMCISION is widely recommended to prevent or protect against such type of infections.

Circumcision reduces the risk of Urinary Tract Infections, cancer of the genital area and some STIs. It also protects against women getting bacterial vaginosis, which is caused by them being penetrated by a penis carrying all sorts of microbes in its folds.

Of course if you keep your uncircumcised penis very clean every time and practice safe sex all the time, you'll reduce the risk of suffering or causing any of the above ailments.

The only recurring arguments I've come across in favour of non-circumcision are that circumcision reduces sensitivity, there's the risk of complications when performing the procedure and that the infant male is being denied the right to choose.

All valid arguments but quite weak in my view. I've never come across a situation where a man is told "Oh dear, if only you still had your foreskin on. Or we'll have to get you a new foreskin to treat your penile problems"

There are however tens of thousands of adult males who get circumcised every year because their foreskins are causing them problems.

With regards to the issue of the child not giving consent, you can stretch this argument to almost every aspect of an infant's life if you wanted.

A child doesn't consent to the way they're raised. If you're born to terrible parents, that's your lot. A child doesn't consent to the type of religion they practice or whether they even want to practice one. They simply go where their parents lead. A child doesn't consent to whether it wants to go to school or not. Perhaps they should be given the choice of getting an education when they turn 18. In fact, a child has little to no input on how it is raised in its formative years before it becomes an adult. So this choice argument when it comes to circumcision is equally weak in my opinion.

Whilst I'm in favour of circumcision because I simply believe when done safely and properly, the male child has more to gain than lose.., I think it should be left to parents to decide, alongside the many other non-consensual choices they make on behalf of the child, whether they want their sons to be circumcised or not.

I needed it done for same reason. Took me about 6 weeks too, luke warm baths really helped. I advise against getting a boner for a week or two though!

"yes circumcised people wash but long foreskins do get sweaty and become pungent quite quickly

how would you know?

oh and in America where its common more baby boys die from circumcision operations every year than the total number of boys who medically need a circumcision.

Most parents don;t really want to risk their child's life for a pointless mutilation in most cases here thankfully.

"

What a bunch of BS. Please provide the source of your information. If the number of infant deaths from circumcision was that high it would not be widely done. The CDC reports say they have no reported deaths from complications due to circumcisions in the U.S. Further the rate of complications for circumcisions in infants here in the U.S. Is just 0.2%. Those complications are mainly bleeding or infection.

"But circumcision isn't really done with blades anymore unless it is done for religious reasons.

It's 2014 who is really using a blade on a child's penis, other than the mad religitards of course."

Wtf are you talking about ???

That's an act used on animals to sterilise.

I have a very short foreskin that looks cut when hard. I wash daily so no smells or cheese I find it amazing n this day in age people advocate child abuse ( doing physical harm to a child when they are not old enough to give consent for no other reason than aesthetics) yet it's illegal to dock a dog unless proven to be working, or illegal to do the same to female parts.

Get a grip don't do it unless it's needed or a mans choice as an adult

the very dubious claims about circumcision reducing health risks, are very small reductions anyway. Uneducated people (3rd world countries in the main) do take this specious reasoning as an excuse not to wear condoms as they think they are then clean and free to carry on regardless. By the way most infections from men are transmitted through bodily fluids via the urethra. Go to the STD clinic, they swab your urethra, not behind your flange.

Circumcisions on infants can have very bad consequences not only with disfigurement, sexual dysfunction but also subsequent infections. And who needs to take the risk of picking up an infection in hospital nowadays, for the sake of an unneccessary procedure?

Nobody needs an appendix, but how many people almost die or actually die from appendicitis? If we are going to throw good money away on "what ifs", then why not throw some at his as well?

If it aint broke, don't try to fix it.

"Circumsision can cause long term problems. Look up bxo. Dont get cut unless its needed. Imagine having to have a penis rebuild and skin grafts. Not nice

BXO is a type of infective penile dermatoses, and a simple search on Google will show you that CIRCUMCISION is widely recommended to prevent or protect against such type of infections.

Circumcision reduces the risk of Urinary Tract Infections, cancer of the genital area and some STIs. It also protects against women getting bacterial vaginosis, which is caused by them being penetrated by a penis carrying all sorts of microbes in its folds.

Of course if you keep your uncircumcised penis very clean every time and practice safe sex all the time, you'll reduce the risk of suffering or causing any of the above ailments.

The only recurring arguments I've come across in favour of non-circumcision are that circumcision reduces sensitivity, there's the risk of complications when performing the procedure and that the infant male is being denied the right to choose.

All valid arguments but quite weak in my view. I've never come across a situation where a man is told "Oh dear, if only you still had your foreskin on. Or we'll have to get you a new foreskin to treat your penile problems"

There are however tens of thousands of adult males who get circumcised every year because their foreskins are causing them problems.

With regards to the issue of the child not giving consent, you can stretch this argument to almost every aspect of an infant's life if you wanted.

A child doesn't consent to the way they're raised. If you're born to terrible parents, that's your lot. A child doesn't consent to the type of religion they practice or whether they even want to practice one. They simply go where their parents lead. A child doesn't consent to whether it wants to go to school or not. Perhaps they should be given the choice of getting an education when they turn 18. In fact, a child has little to no input on how it is raised in its formative years before it becomes an adult. So this choice argument when it comes to circumcision is equally weak in my opinion.

Whilst I'm in favour of circumcision because I simply believe when done safely and properly, the male child has more to gain than lose.., I think it should be left to parents to decide, alongside the many other non-consensual choices they make on behalf of the child, whether they want their sons to be circumcised or not."

Well put, and for the most part, I agree with the above. Except for citing Google as your reference. You can find arguments for anything on Google, if you look hard enough.

Female genital mutilation is far more likely to lead to harming the female in many different aspects of her life. no matter how "carefully" the procedure is undertaken. The same can't be said for men, only in a few cases where "ritual circumcision" has been undertaken, with efforts for many years now trying to stop this. They wouldn't have outright outlawed female circumcision in many countries, and simply left the male counterpart as is if it were a similar operation posing similar risks.

Besides, the OP wasn't asking for a moral debate on the virtues and vices of circumcision. He was simply asking some medical advice, so I'm gonna shut up now.

"Female genital mutilation is far more likely to lead to harming the female in many different aspects of her life. no matter how "carefully" the procedure is undertaken. The same can't be said for men, only in a few cases where "ritual circumcision" has been undertaken, with efforts for many years now trying to stop this. They wouldn't have outright outlawed female circumcision in many countries, and simply left the male counterpart as is if it were a similar operation posing similar risks."

Circumcision of infants in HOSPITALS is often fucked up, never mind being performed by a tribal elder or whoever. It's UNNECESSARY, PAINFUL and BARBARIC.

The "medical benefits" are highly dubious.

The whole 'pro circumcision from birth' argument is merely religious dogma and aesthetics, trying to defend itself with very shaky medical information.

If it is so "healthy" to have it done, why are the NHS not calling for it to become mandatory? Because DOCTORS know it is only needed when phimosis, balanitis or other complications start.

Mandatory circumcision is cutting off your nose to spite your face....as it were.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Circumsision can cause long term problems. Look up bxo. Dont get cut unless its needed. Imagine having to have a penis rebuild and skin grafts. Not nice

Bollicks dont believe every thing you read "

Current rates of death due to routine circumcision, in the US in neonates is around 120 a year.

Yep, you heard right, 120 healthy baby boys die every year because of a practice based on nothing but profit.

Bollicks dont believe every thing you read

Current rates of death due to routine circumcision, in the US in neonates is around 120 a year.

Yep, you heard right, 120 healthy baby boys die every year because of a practice based on nothing but profit."

Please cite your source of information for this claim. The CDC plainly states that there a no infant deaths related to circumcision in the U.S. The same claims were made earlier in this thread and that person has not cited a source either. The only place I could find any related number was from a debunked study that claimed a 117 per year death rate. That study assumed that if an infant was circumsized and then died in the same hospital where the circumcision occured that the cause was a complication from said circumcision. Thats a pretty far stretch, hence the debunking of the study.

Please can YOU tell us just how many infant circumcisions get fucked up and ruin someones sexlife in later years. And don,t say it doesn,t happen because I have seen it first hand. It,s cruel and unneccessary and dangerous to perform on an infant.

"Please can YOU tell us just how many infant circumcisions get fucked up and ruin someones sexlife in later years. And don,t say it doesn,t happen because I have seen it first hand. It,s cruel and unneccessary and dangerous to perform on an infant."

Well according to the CDC the rate of complications associated with infant circumcision is just .2% and according to their report the majority of those are minor issues. So the the number would be far less than 2 per every 1000 done. That's some pretty small odds of anything happening. Being cruel and unnecessary is your opinion and although you are entitled to it, you have no say over what others do for their children. As far as being dangerous to perform on an infant, well that's just not supported by the facts as collected by the only authority compounding that information in the U.S.

Personally I think its barbaric, both male and female and the surgeons knife should be kept away from us all until proven absolutely necessary for well being or survival.

That said, warm, salty baths and sudocream is likely to be very helpful for the OP, as would be the case with many post ops..

Personally I think its barbaric, both male and female and the surgeons knife should be kept away from us all until proven absolutely necessary for well being or survival.

That said, warm, salty baths and sudocream is likely to be very helpful for the OP, as would be the case with many post ops..

[Removed by poster at 15/07/14 12:45:23]

0.2%. So that works out at thousands per year being damaged irreperably (globally). And your happy for that to happen needlessly? Sounds like 'i'm alright jack' to me.

» Add a new message to this topic