FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > tattoos

tattoos

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So i have some tattoos a small back piece a full sleeve i love women with tattoos to me there so sexy.

was wondering how many women actually like them as was told there revolting on here today so just interested to find out

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love tats. And have some myself

Love them as long as they are nicely done tats. Bishop has 2 that I could do without, but his others are sooo sexy.

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I like tats... but tbh, they have to be well designed/tasteful and with good quality ink.

I don't have any, not too keen on needles. But I do like experimenting with Henna, it lasts only 3 weeks or so lol

What makes a tattoo 'good/ nicely done'?

By *edonistic needsWoman  over a year ago

sexton

"What makes a tattoo 'good/ nicely done'?"

A good tattoo to me is one with thought behind it x some nice artwork too after all it is body art and adornment

But it is personal taste after all xx I love tattoos mine and anyone elses

Can't understand why someone would have such a strong opinion as to say they re revolting

By *ddie02Couple  over a year ago

northern

My opinion of a good tattoo or a nicely done one, is one that had some amount of thought in it. Clean crisp lines where they need be, and not broken up. Shading done so it's a smooth transition, not so noticeable in stages. I personally love tattoos, they give a pretty good insight to the person displaying them, before they even open their mouths. Just my opinion though.

I love them, have a few myself, love full sleves on a guy. Why some people feel the need to send people negative rubbish about stuff they're not into I don't know. They should just move on if they don't like, or get a life lol

I love tattoos its a turn on for me

northern

"I love them, have a few myself, love full sleves on a guy. Why some people feel the need to send people negative rubbish about stuff they're not into I don't know. They should just move on if they don't like, or get a life lol"

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I love them, I find them very sexy on guys and have almost a full sleeve and others.. Sexy ink...

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I have a few of my own and love them. As for tattoos on other people if it's good ink then it can enhance hotness but it's not an essential requirement for me.

By *rue gent78Man  over a year ago

Andover

Good morning all, I have a few tattoos that I have taken a lot of time and thought in designing, I try to make them flow and keep with my themes, I love a lady with nice tattoos and would love to chat to ladies that may have more than one or two little ones lol. Tattoos should be thought about and not rushed into.

i like tattoos on a guy and have 3 myself and having a half sleeve done soon

northern

Love em, think my next one is going to be from my shoulder to my elbow. Unfortunately I have to wait till the other half gets hers first

"Can't understand why someone would have such a strong opinion as to say they re revolting "

That's what baffles me the most here! Revolting? Really? Does OP have a pictorial tattoo themed after satanic gore?

"Why some people feel the need to send people negative rubbish about stuff they're not into I don't know. They should just move on if they don't like, or get a life lol"

Just that!

I have no tattoos and won't be getting any, which is one more reason to enjoy them on others. I like the good ones, I like the bad ones! On this note I am interested to notice a little snobbery creeping in: well-designed, well-executed tattoos are acceptable, aesthetically questionable or badly done ones are not. This is applying middle-class sensitivities to what was once a sign of non-comformity!

By *urfdudeMan  over a year ago

WEXFORD

I would not be able to engrave something permanent onto my body, It would have to be a hige reason or a milestone event in my life to do that.

I dont get it, thats my opinion.

i love to see some good artwork....turn on in so many ways. although too many can be off putting

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I have a couple myself, and love them on others...

I don't care if they are good aesthetically or just tell a story. One of mine you can see in my pics on here. The other is not to everyone's taste (cartoon style) but is probably the most special of the 2 because of who drew it for me.

Tats, classy or tatty, I don't care... as long as they mean something (the only exception is I really don't get the "LOVE/HATE" knuckles.

I like my tattoos & like ink on others. I'm always interested in the reasons behind a tattoo & love the artwork.

I think it's a bit like marmite - you either love or hate them. I love them, but have no issue with those that don't. Each to their own. That's what makes the world a more interesting place.

By *eKoopleCouple  over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

"So i have some tattoos a small back piece a full sleeve i love women with tattoos to me there so sexy.

was wondering how many women actually like them as was told there revolting on here today so just interested to find out "

I love tattoos if there done right, not the type that you get from a book in the studio which is a mistake I made in the past. Mr. B opened my eyes to a new level of the tattoo culture that made me appreciate it more.

I luv tattoos - would like another one myself.

My friend has 2 sleeves and is now working on his legs - never played with him, not sure why ..... Lol, he's just a genuine good friend. But I do always think corrrrr the more he has done!!

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"

I love tattoos if there done right, not the type that you get from a book in the studio which is a mistake I made in the past. Mr. B opened my eyes to a new level of the tattoo culture that made me appreciate it more."

Can I ask why not from the book? That tells me a lot about someone as well...

Neither of mine are from the book, but a few friends have, and they aren't any less because they are from the flash books.

Some of yous are insane, saying how yous know what people are like because of their tattoos, talking about judging a book by its cover eh, sick , sad and pathetic, I've a Hitler tattoo quote on my body, does that make me racist, part of the Aryan brotherhood a hate of the jews? No it doesn't

By *itten-xxxWoman  over a year ago

North West

I love them I have quite a big one on my back that just keeps getting bigger. They can be very addictive. I love them on men especially on muscled arms.

I'm off to the studio now to get a new design for cover up of an old one

"So i have some tattoos a small back piece a full sleeve i love women with tattoos to me there so sexy.

was wondering how many women actually like them as was told there revolting on here today so just interested to find out

I love tattoos if there done right, not the type that you get from a book in the studio which is a mistake I made in the past. Mr. B opened my eyes to a new level of the tattoo culture that made me appreciate it more."

How do you know they were from a studio book?

I like heavily tattooed guys so long as they are good quality, but then its down to the man as well tattoos alone don't make someone attractive

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"My opinion of a good tattoo or a nicely done one, is one that had some amount of thought in it. Clean crisp lines where they need be, and not broken up. Shading done so it's a smooth transition, not so noticeable in stages. "

Agreed, has to be well executed with neat and steady lines.

By *ittyticklerCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

This is making me excited; I'm going in to the parlour to approve the drawings next week for my first tattooing: the plan it to get Hokusai waves creeping up around the sides and bottoms of my breasts just to slightly disguise the breast reduction scars I have.

I'm nearly 42, so I hope I am far to old to regret it.

northern

When I say I can tell about others by their tatts, wasn't referring to quality. Was more in the lines of people with racist, gang, or vulgar tatts. I love to hear the stories about people's tatts, some are quite incredible. Mine personally represents my love of the water and partying. My next one I hope to justice in honoring my father who recently passed. I think of tatts as a snapshot of a point in someone's life, pretty awesome.

I like other peoples but ive just come back from holiday and it was like everyone was covered in them and there were some shockers!

Its an extreme fashion statement at the moment but I expect the cost of removing them will get cheaper as time goes on for those that end up hating what they've done to themselves

I have 2 one that is very personal that I get a lot of questions about and one that is football related that I regret slightly.

I do find women with tattoos a turn on but it's not an essential for me

"When I say I can tell about others by their tatts, wasn't referring to quality. Was more in the lines of people with racist, gang, or vulgar tatts. I love to hear the stories about people's tatts, some are quite incredible. Mine personally represents my love of the water and partying. My next one I hope to justice in honoring my father who recently passed. I think of tatts as a snapshot of a point in someone's life, pretty awesome. "

Yea we know, you were just being prejudice, I have a Hitler quote on my body does that make me a racist, do you form some kind of opinion of me just by that?

By *aturasqCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"Some of yous are insane, saying how yous know what people are like because of their tattoos, talking about judging a book by its cover eh, sick , sad and pathetic, I've a Hitler tattoo quote on my body, does that make me racist, part of the Aryan brotherhood a hate of the jews? No it doesn't"

No does give us a few clues though .....

love tattoos I have a few and find a guy whose muscular and has tattoos a turn on ..

"Some of yous are insane, saying how yous know what people are like because of their tattoos, talking about judging a book by its cover eh, sick , sad and pathetic, I've a Hitler tattoo quote on my body, does that make me racist, part of the Aryan brotherhood a hate of the jews? No it doesn't

No does give us a few clues though ..... "

Like what exactly?

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I have nothing against tattoos but when you paint your front room bright yellow at 20 it looks ace , but when you get a little older you think mmmmm don't like this colour now , lets change it . With a tattoo you cant . And the NHS should not pick up the tab on this now or in the future

Love them.. And you know what they say. Never judge a book by its cover. Sure they may look a little, eww when I'm old and grey, but I'm sure ill have some fond memories when I look at them.

Besides when I am old and grey, ill have more to worry about than what my tarts look like... Eg where the bloodyhell did I put my teeth.. And I hope that bloody nurse put my incontinence pad on the right way up!

We love our ink think its so hot on a woman

We always want more & more ink

"Love them.. And you know what they say. Never judge a book by its cover. Sure they may look a little, eww when I'm old and grey, but I'm sure ill have some fond memories when I look at them.

Besides when I am old and grey, ill have more to worry about than what my tarts look like... Eg where the bloodyhell did I put my teeth.. And I hope that bloody nurse put my incontinence pad on the right way up! "

Totally agree

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

"I like tats... but tbh, they have to be well designed/tasteful and with good quality ink.

I don't have any, not too keen on needles. But I do like experimenting with Henna, it lasts only 3 weeks or so lol "

Have to agree with Nawty as always. Not tried henna myself and have delibrated for years about getting a tat its just once its on you have to be happy with it for the rest of your life. Sleeves I can do due to work but I guess i could get away with the half one over the shoulder..

I like them and think they are sexy on a female but i have this aversion to following the heard... Its just so common now and ive never wanted to be like everyone else. Its ironic how it started out as something that set you apart from mainstream but now its reversed and become almost compliant and conformist to have them. I'm going to have rebel not tattooed on me today

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Well I got my first one when I was 18 and now just have the three, I like them, though I know they are not for everyone

"We love our ink think its so hot on a woman

We always want more & more ink"

The bee hive hair style was big on a woman in 1985 and very sexy but would look pretty stupid now.

[Removed by poster at 27/06/14 12:01:07]

Love love love em..lucky enough that mr does them as a hobby, i have 23 atm xx

"Well I got my first one when I was 18 and now just have the three, I like them, though I know they are not for everyone "

yours are lovely. Canvas is nice to begin with though

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Well I got my first one when I was 18 and now just have the three, I like them, though I know they are not for everyone

yours are lovely. Canvas is nice to begin with though "

You flirt

We always want more & more inkThe bee hive hair style was big on a woman in 1985 and very sexy but would look pretty stupid now."

Ah now that not very nice

hiding from cock pics.

We always want more & more inkThe bee hive hair style was big on a woman in 1985 and very sexy but would look pretty stupid now.

Ah now that not very nice "

I think beehives look great!

"You flirt"

you minx

We always want more & more inkThe bee hive hair style was big on a woman in 1985 and very sexy but would look pretty stupid now."

Don't you mean the sixties not the eighties?

We always want more & more inkThe bee hive hair style was big on a woman in 1985 and very sexy but would look pretty stupid now.

Don't you mean the sixties not the eighties?"

My sleeve always attracts a lot of attention because of how bright the colours are.

Ive had all sorts of folks stop and ask about the design and what it means etc even old ladies in Sainsburys have commented on its "pretty colours"

I love tattoos on women! My Ideal woman? Janine Lindemulder

Also have a full outer leg of tribal which is 21 years old and still looks good today with no blurring of lines

Love tatts on men and women.

I've got one coming from my shoulder down my back... dragonflies, lotus flowers and butterflies. I add small bits to it when i can. It was for our wedding and something special for our honeymoon xx

Cindy Wilson and kate pierson from the B52s had them in the 80s

As did Bet Lynch of the Rovers...lol

"Cindy Wilson and kate pierson from the B52s had them in the 80s

As did Bet Lynch of the Rovers...lol "

Beehives !!!

By *eliciouslyNastyMan  over a year ago

London

Yep... I love em too, but they are not for everyone and a few have expressed their disgust at mine evert now and then.

"Yep... I love em too, but they are not for everyone and a few have expressed their disgust at mine evert now and then."

I'm amazed that people would be so rude.

I've only had positive comments in clubs and messages on here for mine.

Only once has someone been critical and that was to suggest I might be more than bi because of it. Perhaps I'm very bi!

She admitted it was a bit like one of hers so I guess mine looked better on me

I have a few but also love them on a lady, great way of expressing urself! It would b boring if we all looked the same

By *eKoopleCouple  over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

"

I love tattoos if there done right, not the type that you get from a book in the studio which is a mistake I made in the past. Mr. B opened my eyes to a new level of the tattoo culture that made me appreciate it more.

Can I ask why not from the book? That tells me a lot about someone as well...

Neither of mine are from the book, but a few friends have, and they aren't any less because they are from the flash books."

Firstly, it's not to say that anyone is less of a person if they purchase a tattoo from the reception book, everyone has the right to a tattoo.

Tattoos are a personal thing, so by buying from the book, you'll be getting the same tattoo as someone else, which in my experience makes the art less attractive and less personal.

"Some of yous are insane, saying how yous know what people are like because of their tattoos, talking about judging a book by its cover eh, sick , sad and pathetic, I've a Hitler tattoo quote on my body, does that make me racist, part of the Aryan brotherhood a hate of the jews? No it doesn't"

Maybe not but that along with profile name you have chosen would make me consider its possible

Love them and have them

I have them, my wife and daughters have them. We are all going to have more. Love them or hate them, I don't care what others think. If you want them, have them, if not don't.

Ink is always going to be something that divides opinion. I have tats myself, when I got my first one my mother told me I'd ruined my life and I looked like a thug - the tat in question was about 2 inches by 3 inches at the top of my arm and can't be seen with a t-shirt on. Personally I like a bit of art on the female body, can understand why the next person wouldn't. Like any form of art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The only person who has to love them is the person wearing them

"The only person who has to love them is the person wearing them"

Exactly! Someone said of my latest one, why the hell did you get that?! Because I wanted it and it means something, I didn't get it for anyone else and don't care what others think.

Depends what it is I suppose. Channel 4 program a month or so ago on bad tats (think it was in malaga) loads of pissed up teens getting terrible tats and I don't just meen the designs. The quality of them where awful, all wobbly lines and bad shading etc. A tat to me in my opinion should be thought out and something you would like others to see. Not a lads on tour or hen do one. But each to their own.

One girl had bees put on her knees! The bees knees. They looked like black swirly blobs. Not good.

"The only person who has to love them is the person wearing them

Exactly! Someone said of my latest one, why the hell did you get that?! Because I wanted it and it means something, I didn't get it for anyone else and don't care what others think."

What did you get?

By *u-cee smurfetteWoman  over a year ago

aberdeen

I love a man with tattoos something sexy about it

I have three xx

I have quite a few...I love a man with tattoos...mmmm so manly xz

"The only person who has to love them is the person wearing them

Exactly! Someone said of my latest one, why the hell did you get that?! Because I wanted it and it means something, I didn't get it for anyone else and don't care what others think.

What did you get?"

A phoenix

I love tattoos. I have them and so does L.

What gets me is the way people are so derogatory over our personal choice. I don't call them a tramp, slut or whatever over the way they look or dress so would like the same courtesy extended. I don't ask you to like my tattoos. So don't moan about them!! Freedom of choice is still here so let us be tattoo haters!!

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I dislike them but recognise that others like them.

To me there are nice tattoos and ugly ones. Ones for meaning are nice too.

I know I will never have one though.

I LOVE tats and have several of my own....mine have very special meanings. And I think very hard about what I want and where it will go. You wouldn't see me pissed in Benidorm getting my arse tattooed ( made in Britain) hahaha

We both hve tatts and am goin ta gt a few more ,

"I love them, I find them very sexy on guys and have almost a full sleeve and others.. Sexy ink..."

Can confirm. This women has a beautiful sleeve. The work is incredible

I have a Grim Reaper on my right shoulder blade pretty big piece had it done after my dad died in his early forties to remind me death is always on your shoulder.

That may sound a bit harsh but it means that I try to live my life by doing things now before I miss the chance

I had 46 blackbirds in memory of my mum ( for every year she lived) reminds me that she's free.....and that's great comfort

"I had 46 blackbirds in memory of my mum ( for every year she lived) reminds me that she's free.....and that's great comfort "

That's beautiful

I have 2 full selves and a chest piece, all traditional Japanese style, and also one on my calf, so I hope plenty women like them

personally I could never be attracted to someone who has mutilated themselves in this way, same with piercings, some of them make me heave. That is my personal opinion and luckily there are many people who have the body god gave them

Omg woman chill out...Remember Each to their own..Eveybody has different tastes...I love my Ink..Some ppl have it to hid Cancer Scars..think about that...

"Omg woman chill out...Remember Each to their own..Eveybody has different tastes...I love my Ink..Some ppl have it to hid Cancer Scars..think about that..."

Exactly that's why I said it was my personal taste, I didn't say people who do it are lesser human beings, I said I would never be attracted to someone who mutilated themselves. I think you maybe need to chill

"Omg woman chill out...Remember Each to their own..Eveybody has different tastes...I love my Ink..Some ppl have it to hid Cancer Scars..think about that...

Exactly that's why I said it was my personal taste, I didn't say people who do it are lesser human beings, I said I would never be attracted to someone who mutilated themselves. I think you maybe need to chill"

#Mutilated thats a very harsh word...

By *hatFellaNZMan  over a year ago

London

I love tattoos in general, but as to whether or not I'd find them attractive on another person depends entirely on what they've had done... and even then, that's my own personal taste.

For example, I have 5. I wouldn't ever get colour tattoos done, but I do think they suit other people. I've seen some I think are amazing and others I think are awful.

"Omg woman chill out...Remember Each to their own..Eveybody has different tastes...I love my Ink..Some ppl have it to hid Cancer Scars..think about that...

Exactly that's why I said it was my personal taste, I didn't say people who do it are lesser human beings, I said I would never be attracted to someone who mutilated themselves. I think you maybe need to chill#Mutilated thats a very harsh word..."

Putting needles into your flesh in order to make permanent marks is mutilation by anyone's definition surely. People who self harm by cutting are mutilating themselves, scarring themselves permanently, just because pigments are involved it doesn't make it less injurious

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

I had a man come into my work and show me his tattoo....it was a kids stick on one

yes i like tattoos but not the ones that come in a box of sweets

or shitty football badges on backs of your legs. Pppfff

We love tattoos, but owning a tattoo studio we do have done random ones, plus some random unfinished ones lol

I do like tats on a gorgeous woman ...... very sexy indeed

I must admit to having a mild case of stigmatophilia. I love mine and everyone's ink

We love tatts!..we have them..as long as there not squiggles & flash (crap)..then it's all good

Yes

Once you pop, you just can't stop

By *imnher2Woman  over a year ago

watford

love them, booking my 7th today but they have to be meaningful

hiding from cock pics.

I love my sleeve and find ink very attractive....

"The only person who has to love them is the person wearing them"

Booked in for my second one next year stupid waiting lists hmmph Might find a place to fit me in between now and then if I can find the design I like

By *leasuresharerMan  over a year ago

southampton

I have never found a design that I have liked enough to still want in a years time let only longer, so I tend to go with henna "tattoos" as I can keep getting something new - I lived in India for several years and had some wonderful friends who would do me a new one each month or so

By *ppunxbearMan  over a year ago

stockport

word of warning, getting them on your stomach hurts like fuck!

Hope to have a verse from a song done in the next couple of mths on my ribs.....the thought hurts already LOL *gulp

we have been stopped nicely while we were in full swing at la chamber a few times now by people wanting to look at our ink it always makes us chuckle afterwards

By *aro7Man  over a year ago

wickford

I have no tattoos,,,,,,,,,,,always been unable to decide whether to or not,,,,,,,and could I live with what I had decided on,,,,,,,,,I have now decided not to the easiest option. But now I'm very glad I didn't,,,,,,,,,I think they have become common and I'm sure people are having them not for the right reasons, fashion springs to mind,,,,,,,,and that always changes,,,,,,,,the tatts I do like are the old school skinhead tatts,,,,,,,now they look good, but unfortunately,,,,,,I think it's not for me. Take care, lots of love, x

By *aro7Man  over a year ago

wickford

Or the old rockabilly tatts they are cool too,

I absolutely love woman with tattoos i think they are so hot on women, plus i have two sleeves myself

I absolutely love them! Although cartoon ones and certain cock tattoos are a bit of a turn off for me.

Many men don't like my tattoos and consider me to be "rough" or even "common" as I have so many.

Each to their own I guess!

I find it fascinating and amusing how some people can be so opinionated towards others over their appearance. That's a huge turn off in itself x

was wondering how many women actually like them as was told there revolting on here today so just interested to find out "

I love tattoos but not really heavily. Love tribal on arms, like back and chest ones on men. I have 5 a back one both top arms(small) wrist one and a leg one

"I absolutely love them! Although cartoon ones and certain cock tattoos are a bit of a turn off for me.

Many men don't like my tattoos and consider me to be "rough" or even "common" as I have so many.

Each to their own I guess!

I find it fascinating and amusing how some people can be so opinionated towards others over their appearance. That's a huge turn off in itself x"

May I say I love your ink

By *untime biatchWoman  over a year ago

ova by ea wales

I have 3 and 1 more i want my ink all as meaning

"I had 46 blackbirds in memory of my mum ( for every year she lived) reminds me that she's free.....and that's great comfort "

That's a lovely idea and sorry your mum passed away so young. I'd like something for my dad but mum (she is 84) doesnt approve

By *haynebabeCouple  over a year ago

Walsall

I have a few tattoos I love tattoos

tattoo's are artwork of expression they are cool in my opinion

I adore sexy women with sexy tattoos and D likes tats on well toned guys, Mr Beckham being top of her list.

By *D40Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

My chap has tatts & they look fab. I think the whole body covered is not a good look but a sleeve & some other ransoms always look good.

Myself it took 20 years to get brave enough to find one I liked that meant something to me & then 6 months to brave it. Since then I've had a small one on my inner wrist & added to the one on my back. I find having them quite addictive & plan to have another at some point. Sadly I don't like what everyone else is wearing so struggle to find something I want for the rest of my life

Mrs Dolph x

Tattoo's will always get the don't like them or love them feeling , I have quite a few now and love them all

By *hell and jCouple  over a year ago

doncaster

I have a few tattoo but all with meanings x x love men with tattoos as long as tastfull x x

We haven't got any and don't think we ever will. Soz to all those illustrated people that have ever been in touch. Like all things something in moderation is nice or tasteful. Just loads of tats doesn't do it for us

Exactly that's why I said it was my personal taste, I didn't say people who do it are lesser human beings, I said I would never be attracted to someone who mutilated themselves. I think you maybe need to chill#Mutilated thats a very harsh word...

Putting needles into your flesh in order to make permanent marks is mutilation by anyone's definition surely. People who self harm by cutting are mutilating themselves, scarring themselves permanently, just because pigments are involved it doesn't make it less injurious "

If you equate body modification with mutilation/self-harm, I would be curious to know what you think of these:

High heels, narrow shoes, tight dresses/trousers/suits, corsets, jeans, hair dying, perming, bleaching, epilating, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser hair removal, sun bathing, tanning, boob jobs, nose jobs, plastic surgery, training and fitness, body building, make-up, cosmetic treatments, chemical peeling. All involve a degree of discomfort, pain, risk of injury and permanent changes to the body. Yet many of these (and many others) we do on a daily basis in order to appear groomed and/or attractive without even batting an eyelid.

I got alot of ink ??

Exactly that's why I said it was my personal taste, I didn't say people who do it are lesser human beings, I said I would never be attracted to someone who mutilated themselves. I think you maybe need to chill#Mutilated thats a very harsh word...

Putting needles into your flesh in order to make permanent marks is mutilation by anyone's definition surely. People who self harm by cutting are mutilating themselves, scarring themselves permanently, just because pigments are involved it doesn't make it less injurious

If you equate body modification with mutilation/self-harm, I would be curious to know what you think of these:

High heels, narrow shoes, tight dresses/trousers/suits, corsets, jeans, hair dying, perming, bleaching, epilating, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser hair removal, sun bathing, tanning, boob jobs, nose jobs, plastic surgery, training and fitness, body building, make-up, cosmetic treatments, chemical peeling. All involve a degree of discomfort, pain, risk of injury and permanent changes to the body. Yet many of these (and many others) we do on a daily basis in order to appear groomed and/or attractive without even batting an eyelid."

Very true but but the list you mentioned below are reversible and some keep them that which could give rise to a permanent change, I guess the conclusion I have come to is people choose to do it to themselves for acceptance within society and self gratification. We have a purpose or should do for our actions

» Add a new message to this topic