FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Recording...

Recording...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kyhighstiletto OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

So, we're new to the webcam thing, had a play last night and loved every second of it! Just one thing concerns us this morning in the cold light of day..... other people potentially recording us. Big headed I know, perhaps we're not worth recording

Does it happen, any experiences anyone? Any way to avoid it (thinking not). Faces? We like showing ours - we're perhaps a little too open for our own good, but we like to see faces when we view.....

We really enjoyed ourselves last night, but given our careers - this aspect does bug us......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

It is possible for someone with the right software to record your cam and put it else where on the internet. Or, worse, use it against you in the public arena.

If this thought puts you off, you can either not go on cam again, or take steps to protect your identity, no face, distinguishable marks/tattoos etc.

Or you can just chill and go with the flow and worry about it, if and when it ever happens.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi, our story's too long to go into to message you about it,but we had a guy off of here take pics & a video of myself (fem) on cam on here. He contacted a guy off my friends list (on facebook) and posted the 5 pics that he'd taken of me to my friend though privert messages on facebook..as you could imagine I was mortified that this happened as we thought it would be safe..how wrong was I!..the guy only found me though facebook as we started a conversation on fab chat though cams & found my ip address.. we are very decreat now..I don't have a facebook account..lesson learned..be careful..as fun as it is,some idiot is always out to spoil it for the rest...xx

"Hi, our story's too long to go into to message you about it,but we had a guy off of here take pics & a video of myself (fem) on cam on here. He contacted a guy off my friends list (on facebook) and posted the 5 pics that he'd taken of me to my friend though privert messages on facebook..as you could imagine I was mortified that this happened as we thought it would be safe..how wrong was I!..the guy only found me though facebook as we started a conversation on fab chat though cams & found my ip address.. we are very decreat now..I don't have a facebook account..lesson learned..be careful..as fun as it is,some idiot is always out to spoil it for the rest...xx"

Well that's lies right there given facebook and your ip address are in no way linked whatsoever.

Well of course it's true,it's done though the email address!..don't ever tell me I'm a liar!..get your facts right befour calling me a liar...it was a terrible time for us as it could of been so destroying for us as our family members & friends ect..all because of some loon!..

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"Hi, our story's too long to go into to message you about it,but we had a guy off of here take pics & a video of myself (fem) on cam on here. He contacted a guy off my friends list (on facebook) and posted the 5 pics that he'd taken of me to my friend though privert messages on facebook..as you could imagine I was mortified that this happened as we thought it would be safe..how wrong was I!..the guy only found me though facebook as we started a conversation on fab chat though cams & found my ip address.. we are very decreat now..I don't have a facebook account..lesson learned..be careful..as fun as it is,some idiot is always out to spoil it for the rest...xx

Well that's lies right there given facebook and your ip address are in no way linked whatsoever.

"

I was curious too.

By *ranthamThroatMan  over a year ago

Grantham.

Logging on to the internet creates an IP, you need to use the internet to access Facebook don't you? ergo they are connected to each other and to do an IP trace is very easy to do!

Use a proxy server if you don't want your location etc., exposed.

Cheltenham

"Hi, our story's too long to go into to message you about it,but we had a guy off of here take pics & a video of myself (fem) on cam on here. He contacted a guy off my friends list (on facebook) and posted the 5 pics that he'd taken of me to my friend though privert messages on facebook..as you could imagine I was mortified that this happened as we thought it would be safe..how wrong was I!..the guy only found me though facebook as we started a conversation on fab chat though cams & found my ip address.. we are very decreat now..I don't have a facebook account..lesson learned..be careful..as fun as it is,some idiot is always out to spoil it for the rest...xx"

Deff possible, that was my fear. Did you report the member? What did fabs do? My concern is my career.....!

Cheltenham

Deff possible, that was my fear. Did you report the member? What did fabs do? My concern is my career.....!

"Hi, our story's too long to go into to message you about it,but we had a guy off of here take pics & a video of myself (fem) on cam on here. He contacted a guy off my friends list (on facebook) and posted the 5 pics that he'd taken of me to my friend though privert messages on facebook..as you could imagine I was mortified that this happened as we thought it would be safe..how wrong was I!..the guy only found me though facebook as we started a conversation on fab chat though cams & found my ip address.. we are very decreat now..I don't have a facebook account..lesson learned..be careful..as fun as it is,some idiot is always out to spoil it for the rest...xx

Deff possible, that was my fear. Did you report the member? What did fabs do? My concern is my career.....!"

we went to the police,they couldn't do anything as I put myself out there..(there words) the guy who they sent the pics of me to my male friend on fbook kept him talking..then I set up a false fbook account asked him to add me..(his was fake too)he did I slowly started a conversation with this guy as soon has he sent his first chat on there I ip his address..we was shocked because who we thought it could be was a guy I knew who's on here..but it actually was a guy who's ip was in California.which was a compleat suprise!..only it couldn't pin point exactly who he was only the area he was in..I just left it after that..I've since come off of fbook.my friend on there hadn't had anymore messages from him..I guess he had his fun at my expence!..be careful as there are some Fucked up people out there! I've spoke & met some great people on here..we haven't been on cam since.we plan to return Wearing masks lol xx have fun,just be carful guys xx

Cheltenham

Deff possible, that was my fear. Did you report the member? What did fabs do? My concern is my career.....!we went to the police,they couldn't do anything as I put myself out there..(there words) the guy who they sent the pics of me to my male friend on fbook kept him talking..then I set up a false fbook account asked him to add me..(his was fake too)he did I slowly started a conversation with this guy as soon has he sent his first chat on there I ip his address..we was shocked because who we thought it could be was a guy I knew who's on here..but it actually was a guy who's ip was in California.which was a compleat suprise!..only it couldn't pin point exactly who he was only the area he was in..I just left it after that..I've since come off of fbook.my friend on there hadn't had anymore messages from him..I guess he had his fun at my expence!..be careful as there are some Fucked up people out there! I've spoke & met some great people on here..we haven't been on cam since.we plan to return Wearing masks lol xx have fun,just be carful guys xx"

The previous posted above mentioned proxy servers.... I wonder if that is why it came up as California... if he was clued up enough to hack you it makes sense he was clever enough to use a proxy to stop himself being identified. So annoying that people come on here purely to fuck things up for others

Thanks again for your story, sadly I think we will have to stay away from cam now, which is a bloody Shame as we were very much enjoying that on nights we couldn't do real meets x

That is exactly how I feel..as I loved & enjoyed to give a show on cam..

What was so weird about that the pics he took was at least 4 years old,when I was on cam.obviously the background & change in my apperiance ect. stored onto his phone & then to keep them & decide to post onto fbook to a friend on my list & to have said to my friend would you like to see some pics of (my name)..I had the embarrassing moment of telling my friend then for him to see the pics..thankgod he hadn't sent them to a member of my family!!..what's funny now though is my friend that had sent the pics too,has now a fab profile..but yrs it was embarrassing at first,nevermind going to the police about it!...we will go back on there but I'm buying masks first lol xx

Cheltenham

"That is exactly how I feel..as I loved & enjoyed to give a show on cam..

What was so weird about that the pics he took was at least 4 years old,when I was on cam.obviously the background & change in my apperiance ect. stored onto his phone & then to keep them & decide to post onto fbook to a friend on my list & to have said to my friend would you like to see some pics of (my name)..I had the embarrassing moment of telling my friend then for him to see the pics..thankgod he hadn't sent them to a member of my family!!..what's funny now though is my friend that had sent the pics too,has now a fab profile..but yrs it was embarrassing at first,nevermind going to the police about it!...we will go back on there but I'm buying masks first lol xx"

Sounds like a stalker Slightly worrying. After this discussion we are getting attention and odd questions from a particular member - bloody hope they haven't stored ours - we only ever did two cam sessions. No more for us at all I think..... Good luck with your masks Thanks again for sharing - really helpful xx

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Apparently if you turn your router off for 20 mins or so, you get a new IP address. That's what I was told...

By *ranthamThroatMan  over a year ago

Grantham.

"Apparently if you turn your router off for 20 mins or so, you get a new IP address. That's what I was told..."

Not everyone uses a router, yes IP's can and do change, some are static, try a search for reverse IPtrace, might be of interest

Email addresses can point you to loads of other site etc inc Facebook

Just don't film face and body together don't email anyone don't have face pics on main profile just be wary of most people unless you have actually met them

People have been recording cams and stealing pics for years, only way to stop is by protecting yourself and not promoting yourself. And that's very difficult on a sex site

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

"Logging on to the internet creates an IP, you need to use the internet to access Facebook don't you? ergo they are connected to each other and to do an IP trace is very easy to do!

Use a proxy server if you don't want your location etc., exposed. "

Although if you try to trace an ISP address it usually takes you to within a distance of the objective so nothing exact. Also turning your broadband off usually resets it and you get another one.

Proxy server is the best way but you need to trace your own stuff to make sure it works.

"Email addresses can point you to loads of other site etc inc Facebook

Just don't film face and body together don't email anyone don't have face pics on main profile just be wary of most people unless you have actually met them

People have been recording cams and stealing pics for years, only way to stop is by protecting yourself and not promoting yourself. And that's very difficult on a sex site

"

I think a lot of people miss the thing about being traceable by an email address, if you've used it to register for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and most other social networks people can find you using it.

For all the people saying proxy servers unless sits one you own or a trusted paid for van service you realise your now passing all your information including encryption keys through an ink own third party up can happy record all of it and perform man in the middle attacks on you.

"Well of course it's true,it's done though the email address!..don't ever tell me I'm a liar!..get your facts right befour calling me a liar...it was a terrible time for us as it could of been so destroying for us as our family members & friends ect..all because of some loon!.."

Right so now your saying you gave him your email adress?

Yes he could just search face book for that if you made it searchable.

your email address sis not your ip address, your ip address is not linked to your face book at all as if it were you wouldn't really be able to use it from different devices or computers.

And on the assumption that some how he did use you ip adress your saying he took you ip address (which he shouldn't be able to see at all through the fab chat system only through direct communication) he would still not be able to use that to find your face book.

If you gave gim your email he used that or if you have pictures that you shared with him that are also on face book he can just put them in Google and find it that way.

But no he did not hack you, trace your ip or any of the other csi Miami bullshit being mentioned.

Vpn not van lol

I had someone Facebook message me from a Facebook app. I had my Facebook account hidden on the app. He said he did it through my ip address. I don't know how that was possible as I had only spoken to him via the app

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Apparently if you turn your router off for 20 mins or so, you get a new IP address. That's what I was told..."

Most routers are configured to "renew the IP lease" half way through the leave period from the ISP's DHCP server. This means that you are most likely to be allocated the same one each time.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"So, we're new to the webcam thing, had a play last night and loved every second of it! Just one thing concerns us this morning in the cold light of day..... other people potentially recording us. Big headed I know, perhaps we're not worth recording

Does it happen, any experiences anyone? Any way to avoid it (thinking not). Faces? We like showing ours - we're perhaps a little too open for our own good, but we like to see faces when we view.....

We really enjoyed ourselves last night, but given our careers - this aspect does bug us...... "

Very little on the internet is truly private. Anything that appears on-screen can be recorded. Only thing you can do to prevent that is not show yourself. If you *want* to - wear something like a mask to hide your face.

As someone else has pointed out it is next to impossible to link ip addresses to Facebook id's. Unless of course you work for facebook. However what this does show is the need to keep your Fab / swinging email address totally separate from your vanilla life email address.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

If I ever go on cam it's either face or body not both at the same time.

Either they want to have a chat or they want to get off is my approach. I'd never risk being spread about online (or I at least try to minimise it)

By *corcherMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

Your IP address identifies your computer, or in most cases your router, on the Internet. It's assigned by your ISP at random. Switching your router off all the time is likely to cause more problems, so don't waste your time. Websites are aware of the sensitivity of IP addresses so don't usually make them public. The only way someone can usually find yours is if they connect directly to you. This is very rare unless you use something like IRC. Website chat, Skype etc all have servers in between that you actually connect to.

The more information you share, the easier it is for people to find you. Check the privacy settings in Facebook & make only the minimum public. Use different email addresses for your fab & vanilla life's. Don't use the same photos on fab & other sites as reverse image search will let me link the 2.

Always use a VPN for surfing the Web safest way, i use "private internet access" costs about £25 a year to subscribe to their service. I suggest to everyone on here to use such a service if on here.

your funeral if your naive enough to not use one and also to go on webcams on here and elsewhere, thats why i dont own one or skype people etc as can always be recorded by someone smarter than you!!

By *corcherMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

A VPN is only really useful if you're worried about someone monitoring your connection. Normal Web browsing, viewing cams or using Skype won't really benefit from using one. Skype uses an encrypted peer-to-peer connection so would be incredibly difficult to hack anyway.

VPN is useful if you use public WiFi a lot, since you have no idea who is doing what with the network.

» Add a new message to this topic