FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Non-verified members?

Non-verified members?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am new to the site and trying to learn how to use its features to my advantage. I've had some contact from non-verified women and most times it just makes me too suspicious, if not paranoid. I don't want to be wondering "is this for real, is it not" so I have very hesitantly blocked contact from non-verified members. However, during a helpful chat with a seasoned member I was advised that veris don't necessarily mean much; he said he'd met some lovely women that weren't verified and other times came across pretend accounts that were.

So my questions are:

a) Am I missing out on some genuine people by blocking the non-verified?

b) Why would someone choose not to verify themselves, especially seeing that the site photo verification process is so easy to arrange for?

Thanks for the help.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Photo veri can be easily faked if you know what you are doing with photo shop etc. I've never bothered with a photo veri but I got verified quickly by people I already knew were on site.

By *leasuresharerMan  over a year ago

southampton

There is a bit of a catch-22 scenario about getting verified as lots of people don't want to meet non-verified people, but that doesn't stop photo verifications - I would also say that some men disguise themselves as women or couples so take care

I personally always want a social meet first as makes allows me to see if I click with the person and check they aren't a physco

You need to do what you feel comfortable with, but perhaps as a single lady you need be a bit careful

However don't let me scare you off enjoy the site and have fun

By *entaur 9Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

The follow on from " you have no veris"

Is " you have no recent veris"

My last meet verified was 9 months ago but ive had 3 meets since but no veri.

I just add those people to the ever growing block list as in my experience generally you will never ever meet them!

Everybody has to get a first veri and its not as easy as some may think . I think I had three meets before I got my first.

Now I have a few veris I have even fewer meets lol.

Don't even try to work it out just enjoy your meets when they happen. Good luck

As always love to you all. Xx

By *occosboysCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Lancaster

Verifications are worth respecting, I'm suspicious of people with none and slightly for those with just one or two.

That said the exceptions make the rule we met a very attractive woman whose profile looked complete fake. Model pos pic, one line...yes she was a model (stunning) and didn't like people to know what she was upto...

There's also quite few on her that only keep 4-5 vers up at anyone time.

Lastly vers aren't just to prove you exist but also how you look, act, behave and fuck... Just turning up with a shaved cock does not a swinger make you...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Everyone has to start with non Verts and if everyone ignored the non Verts then being on here would be a waste of time as nobody would get anywhere.

I blocked non verified members around a year ago after a few no shows and other issues. I've never had a problem since. I do understand we all have to start somewhere and as I actively search and message guys first, I'm happy to message non verified people if I feel we may suit. Last time I did this however, he ceased all contact the day we arranged a social and blocked me on here.

I got a verified photo and owt to hide

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

We never bothered with photo verification as to us it is meaningless. The only veris that count are relatively recent by meets. And more than just one or two as it appears they're often faked too!

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"We never bothered with photo verification as to us it is meaningless. The only veris that count are relatively recent by meets. And more than just one or two as it appears they're often faked too!"

I got for spells where due to real life, I don't meet for a while, or only do socials, and don't always get veri'd from them... does that make me a fake?

Some people seem to use veri's as some sort of weird guarantee. I see them as pointless. If there was no veri system people would use their common sense instead.... and figure out for themselves how to find people to meet.

Usually if its too good to be true its usually fake. Especially if there are no meet veris. Use common sense and you'll be fine.

There was a person who had no Veris or pictures and I thought I'm not meeting said person because there is a reason there is nothing on the profile

By *laphe1Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Sometimes your concentration can slip even after being on a few years .Its easy to be fooled if like me, you are a bit of a fool haha !

"We never bothered with photo verification as to us it is meaningless. The only veris that count are relatively recent by meets. And more than just one or two as it appears they're often faked too!"

Why only recent ones? I'm still exactly the same person I was when I got my 1st veri 5 years ago.

I took a break from the site for a year, does that make me fake as I didn't have a recent veri?

Verifications are a useful tool, but common sense is much more important, if something looks too good to be true 99.9% of the time in here it is.

Personally I don't have unverified people blocked and will meet unverified as everyone starts somewhere.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I've never bothered with photo verification as it doesn't really mean anything to me.

I also don't look to meet anyone who has been here 'over a year' and are not verified coz to me that kinda smells a rat!!

I also don't care to read the 10,000 write ups people do when verifying each other saying how wonderful each other was

But what I do prefare to see is that little bit on the left that says verified by X amount of women, men or couples by meet. May it be private meets or just to social gatherings, they have made the effort to show there genuin so that'll do me

I've met a few couples without veris for a social meet, but only after chatting to them a little while on here first. The chatting helps me get a sense of who they are and it's also a good opportunity for the fakes to trip themselves up!

Not full proof, but tends to work for the most part.

"We never bothered with photo verification as to us it is meaningless. The only veris that count are relatively recent by meets. And more than just one or two as it appears they're often faked too!

Why only recent ones? I'm still exactly the same person I was when I got my 1st veri 5 years ago.

I took a break from the site for a year, does that make me fake as I didn't have a recent veri?

Verifications are a useful tool, but common sense is much more important, if something looks too good to be true 99.9% of the time in here it is.

Personally I don't have unverified people blocked and will meet unverified as everyone starts somewhere."

I use the veri system as another indicator of how likely the person is to meet. If someone's last verification was over a year ago for example, I'd say that the chances of them meeting were lower than someone who met last month.

Also they sometimes can be a comment on how like their pictures they are. If pics are years old and there's not been a verification for years either then, well, a lot can change in a person in that time. So a social meet first would be a given.

Too many verifications are a bit of a worry. Some people seem to meet every couple of days and proudly display it. So to me it kind of gives the impression they are none too choosy.

So I think they can be useful when coupled with a good dose of common sense.

It's a minefield when you 1st start, took me ages to suss it out & I'm still nowhere near as 'site wise' as others lol.

For me veri's are just another tool, if they are new, non verified with a good profile & message then that's great I'll chat. If there's no veri's, shadow avatar,one line profile & message then it's a no as from experience they'll be a UNLOS within 6 hours!

Have fun!! x

I have seen the photoshop comments on other threads but don't quite see how you can produce an entirely different image with two people holding a sign with their hands in view and their faces or bodies matching the ones in the profile...baffles me. Our only experience of written verifications was someone offering us a fake one to get us started.

As said on here. Meet veris are more reliable than photo veris.....but still not guaranteed genuine. It's a chance and a choice you need to make.

I have met women from here who had no veris....and they turned out to be very real!

We all had to start somewhere.....YOUR first meet gave you a chance before you had any veris from meeting! Someone trusted you to start with didn't they?

Nothing is foolproof or certain, but you just have to add up a number of signals and then go with your gut reaction.

After making a right fool of myself in the early days, I generally won't meet anybody now who does not have personal verifications from meeting other member who I feel are genuine in turn.

I'd rather miss out on a dozen possible good but uncertain meets than end up in another dangerous or stupid situation..!

Be careful until you have a good reason to step forward - a reason that feels "right" in your gut and in the back of your mind,,

I'm only verified by going on cam a few times,

But i have just pinched myself and i felt it

Thanks for your replies!

"I personally always want a social meet first as makes allows me to see if I click with the person and check they aren't a physco

You need to do what you feel comfortable with, but perhaps as a single lady you need be a bit careful"

Here's where the paranoia came from, a non-veri member invited me to meet for a social off the bat (as in a hey-here-now) which I don't think is unreasonable but at the same time... who were they? A phonecall could settle that but I felt rude to ask for their number and didn't want to give my own (I literally knew nothing about them).

OK so what I have taken from this is that people value photo verification very little (which I am surprised to hear, I thought it showed at least some dedication!). I've decided to remove the non-veri block, I'll just manually ignore if someone feels too sketchy.

Ive been verified and regularly go on cam in chat.

but to be honest. Im not really here. Im just a figment of your imagination.

you could have imagined me with a bigger cock tho lol

"We all had to start somewhere.....YOUR first meet gave you a chance before you had any veris from meeting! Someone trusted you to start with didn't they?"

My profile is rock-solid! Even without the verifications you wouldn't have a doubt on whether there's a person behind it (though sure you could doubt if I ever met anybody). I also made a point of getting myself photo verified within two days of joining. I don't care much for the ticks, and the only person I've met off here so far was a newbie also - so no problems going where noone else had before haha.

What I do have a problem trusting these profiles with next to no info, but as I'm searching for women I cut my target group down drastically if I ignore all of those :/ A profile with no info and veris is infinitely better than a profile with no info and no veris. That's where my dilemma is stemming from x

"Im just a figment of your imagination."

"But if you give me a wink, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will fuck you" --- You really do sound like an incubus!

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I take back all I said... Being verified means absolutely nothing.

I had arranged a meet Thursday for fri... With a verified by meeting member who by 5pm Friday hadn't logged online. I knew then it was a no go... So I arranged another meet.. Again verified by meeting many times... Swapped numbers, texting.. Until about 8.45 he goes quiet.. He's still not been online.

And single men wonder why they get a raw deal.

I was lucky enough to meet a lovely guy who gave me a chance and met me as a unverified female. I've met unverified men, everybody needs that first chance. It's a risk here but so is everything we do

People block me all the time for not being verified lol came off the site for a bit and have not met anyone yet (female writing) i am always told im a man too lol when i definetly am not. but then we are looking for a girl and i do think its right to be more wary

By *isa 59Woman  over a year ago

Newcastle

I've met non-verified guys who were great and been stood-up by meet-verified guys...there really is no guarantee. The Fab world is like the real world...some people are honest and true and some aren't

"I've met non-verified guys who were great and been stood-up by meet-verified guys...there really is no guarantee. The Fab world is like the real world...some people are honest and true and some aren't

"

» Add a new message to this topic