FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profile review

Profile review

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *issLiss OP   Couple  over a year ago

south east

Just wondering what your impression oft profile is?

I've been told it's good/bad/ugly but most people think for the most part I'm slightly stuck up and aggressive but when they meet me are surprised what I'm like?! Lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lwaysdiscreetMan  over a year ago

Ashford Kent and Dartford

Well I would like to get in touch with you but your age group is just under my age which is a shame boo hoo x

By *alaciousOneWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Had a read, it does come across as aggressive, but you're a hot single girl, you have your pick anyway

I used to have a long profile but decided most don't read anyway, just head for the pictures, have a look at mine, see what you think, most of the messages I get start with a positive comment about my profile. X

By *alaciousOneWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Well I would like to get in touch with you but your age group is just under my age which is a shame boo hoo x"

proves my point, does not matter what you write

Sorry always discrete, couldn't be helped

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

After reading your profile I'm surprised you get any meets or messages. But if it works for you don't bother what others think. Keep having fun.

Its your profile and you state what your looking for nothing wrong with that,

I wouldn't send you a message because,

A, Age limit

B, I'm not handsome, rugged, strong or have a big body,

But i do read profiles before i send a message

I think your profile is perfectly acceptable but then my profile is very similar. The only difference is i've tried to make it more readable (shorter, in caps, small words) for guys. Let's face it, most of them don't bother anyway which is why (i'm sure) we both have thousands on our block list.

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

You get a WOW from me sweet thing

"Just wondering what your impression oft profile is?

I've been told it's good/bad/ugly but most people think for the most part I'm slightly stuck up and aggressive but when they meet me are surprised what I'm like?! Lol"

Came across as a bit aggressive, and too long, dont have the patience for reading big long profiles like that. It gets boring

I've been told it's good/bad/ugly but most people think for the most part I'm slightly stuck up and aggressive but when they meet me are surprised what I'm like?! Lol"

Don't know didn't read it. Far too long

it reads very ranty , it sounds like you have a high opinion of yourself which is fine but it also comes across as if you are an angry person even though you mention your banter and humour, as a single fem though, it doesn't really matter what your profile says cos most will just skip straight to your pics anyway. its like putting a nice car on ebay without an engine, someone will buy it

It was wayyyyyyyyyyy to long to read, want to read it in few seconds lol.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It could be improved.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

If it works for you use it; if it doesn't then change it.

Lets be honest you are a sexy looking lady on fab and there will be dozens of men trying to get into your bed whatever rules and conditions you apply to them.

Good luck with your search and I am sure you will get as many meets as you want.

Pics are decent but the text is to long,I got bored halfway through and didn't finish it.You come across quite moaney and a little angry.I wouldn't message you based on the profile text.But guess you are probably a nice lady in real life.

One line should be enough I recon as we are all here for sex I think

If people are meeting you 'despite' how it reads (i.e. you've implied some people have been surprised by you as they thought you'd be up yourself) and it's working for you then why worry? You certainly don't sound like you particularly care what people think anyway.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I like parts, I think some parts are shocking.

it works for you, so why worry

By *he TrunkMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Like many have said, it's your profile and you can ask people to respond - or not, based on exactly what you are looking for.

I would hazard a guess that you don't get many messages, which is probably fine by you as it will be because people don't fit what you are wanting.

It was a hell of a list of do's, don'ts and wants for what at the end of the day is NSA sex, and but for the fact you asked for opinions, I would have stopped reading after two or three paragraphs - whether I fitted the bill or not, as it was a complete turn off for me.

Hope it works for you though, that's all that matters after all

From one assertive woman to another if it works for you don't change it!

I have the attention span of a 14 year old so didn't get through your whole profile but I admire your determination to out the losers.

By *SweetVioletxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yeah - it's not the nicest of profiles at all but from all your statements within it I am surprised you are asking for opinions as it doesn't read like you would really care for what we would say.

I am sure you are lovely in the flesh but your profile raised my hackles in many way. In particular you tone towards single men. They are human too and the form filling is patronising.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"Yeah - it's not the nicest of profiles at all but from all your statements within it I am surprised you are asking for opinions as it doesn't read like you would really care for what we would say.

I am sure you are lovely in the flesh but your profile raised my hackles in many way. In particular you tone towards single men. They are human too and the form filling is patronising. "

Some men may be happy to fill in the forms and jump through hoops to get a meet; if they are and it works for the Op its her profile.

Can't say I would personally even if I was young enough (and the rest) but each to their own !

By *SweetVioletxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Just providing an opinion as requested.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I actually think it's quite tongue in cheek - you know what you want and state so bluntly but with a sense of humour about the whole thing. I doubt it will put anyone off contacting you if they really want to - but I get the impression you haven't got an issue contacting them first anyway.

It could be toned down but if it reflects you then why would you want to? Plus I bet you get shed loads of messages to wade through and all you're really asking for is an easy way to separate them. If I were you I'd consider scoring potentials and using an Excel spreadsheet with columns for the specific info you've requested...

A general question, to OP and others, do you think being really specific about what you want means you get more messages from people you'd actually like to meet, or does it run the risk of messages from people who tell you exactly what they know you want to hear? Genuinely curious.

Don't think I can add too much to what has been said before. Your profile works for you and I'm sure you've had the best of what you can have up to now. So no need to change it. All power to you

To a degree we all people out, whether by way of a very detailed profile or by private messages.

On the point of reading a profile, if going through a profile is the exception rather than the rule, then I'm gladly unlike the other guys. In fact, I read the text before I even consider the photos. No need in me torturing myself if I shouldn't even contact. Lol

And that brings me to the people (mostly guys, sadly) saying they didn't even read the OP's profile. The few moments extra it takes to read an expansive profile is a few moments you'd possibly not lose by not wasting a message- unless 'Hi how are you' and 'You got pics' and any assorted sleazy few word come-ons is the sum total of your communication

And not-quite-unrelated... I'm a sucker for hourglass figures. Haha

"A general question, to OP and others, do you think being really specific about what you want means you get more messages from people you'd actually like to meet, or does it run the risk of messages from people who tell you exactly what they know you want to hear? Genuinely curious. "

Absolutely valid question and one not so straightforward to answer. On this site, we have people who take heed of specifications and people who want to take a chance anyway and at the very least get a couple of photos for their troubles. I seem to particularly attract the latter, unfortunately.

You'd always get people who try to tell someone what they want to hear, but they quickly get found out (and there are usually tell-tale signs, ie veris, photos, quality of their own profile). People saying they are in a couple when they are not, athletic v thin/larger, black when they are white and vice versa if they really have stone balls. Lol

I think applying (age/gender, other) filters may be the most effective way to limit who can contact you. Altering them when circumstances call for it.

I found it far too long and I can't be bothered to read long profiles though I did skim it. The word 'super' in the D/s paragraph implied an immature young person yet you have a piece of poetry at then end! Also every person within your preferred age range that sends you a message, will think they are super hot, its only you that will determine that. However as people have said, most people go to the photos and rarely read profile and if it works for you keep it, if as you say people are surprised by how different you are in person, maybe soften it a little or not as perhaps its a nice surprise

"Absolutely valid question and one not so straightforward to answer. On this site, we have people who take heed of specifications and people who want to take a chance anyway and at the very least get a couple of photos for their troubles. I seem to particularly attract the latter, unfortunately.

You'd always get people who try to tell someone what they want to hear, but they quickly get found out (and there are usually tell-tale signs, ie veris, photos, quality of their own profile). People saying they are in a couple when they are not, athletic v thin/larger, black when they are white and vice versa if they really have stone balls. Lol

I think applying (age/gender, other) filters may be the most effective way to limit who can contact you. Altering them when circumstances call for it.

"

Thanks for the considered response. I actually don't like being too restrictive as I don't have a specific 'type'. But I always know what my type is not...and find it pretty easy to filter that from the calibre of the first message.

"Absolutely valid question and one not so straightforward to answer. On this site, we have people who take heed of specifications and people who want to take a chance anyway and at the very least get a couple of photos for their troubles. I seem to particularly attract the latter, unfortunately.

Thanks for the considered response. I actually don't like being too restrictive as I don't have a specific 'type'. But I always know what my type is not...and find it pretty easy to filter that from the calibre of the first message. "

And thank you for your considered response to my considered... Yes, I can make this old very quickly

I fully support your approach to your profile presentation, especially as you've made it clear (or at the very least strongly implied) what you would like from a contact. I wish I could be as non-restrictive but for reasons I've stated, and for the sake of peace, I have filters on

Even though you've said what isn't likely to happen, how many men still contact you wanting a short-notice hookup? (And I've chosen that expression carefully, lol)

"And thank you for your considered response to my considered... Yes, I can make this old very quickly

I fully support your approach to your profile presentation, especially as you've made it clear (or at the very least strongly implied) what you would like from a contact. I wish I could be as non-restrictive but for reasons I've stated, and for the sake of peace, I have filters on

Even though you've said what isn't likely to happen, how many men still contact you wanting a short-notice hookup? (And I've chosen that expression carefully, lol)"

Probably 15-20 a day...which since my profile text is only about 5 lines long is one of the things that makes me think a lot of people either don't read it, or read it but ignore it anyway!

I thought my profile was long so I shortened it. yours is very long but I guess it works

"A general question, to OP and others, do you think being really specific about what you want means you get more messages from people you'd actually like to meet, or does it run the risk of messages from people who tell you exactly what they know you want to hear? Genuinely curious. "

The latter.

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

good point

By *kyhighstilettoCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I like the way it reads, I think it's humerous, but I would lose the poem

By *9MarkMan  over a year ago

North Cheam

Omg what's the point in all that waffle when you're going to pick who you pick anyway? and that goes for a lot of peoples profiles! it's me giggle sometimes! some people just think they are special! special needs maybe

" If yes, are you an arrogant prick:

How many women have you slept with:

Do you think that's above average:

What makes good sex for you?

What's the best way to turn on a woman? "

possibly the most retarded set of questions I've read outside of a questionnaire from a clipboard warrior in the street.

other than that the rest of it makes you seem quite arrogant and pretty much what you demand your meets NOT be.

but meh, you've got boobs and a vagina your profile could literally read "if you're reading this go fuck yourself" and you'd still get the same number of messages a day.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

glad we are over your age limit, its like read a short story, which I did not because we also look at the age limit first. but hay if it works for you leave it alone..connie xx

"" If yes, are you an arrogant prick:

How many women have you slept with:

Do you think that's above average:

What makes good sex for you?

What's the best way to turn on a woman? "

possibly the most retarded set of questions I've read outside of a questionnaire from a clipboard warrior in the street.

other than that the rest of it makes you seem quite arrogant and pretty much what you demand your meets NOT be.

but meh, you've got boobs and a vagina your profile could literally read "if you're reading this go fuck yourself" and you'd still get the same number of messages a day.

"

She may be taking the piss???

I hope...

» Add a new message to this topic