FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Just why?

Just why?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ewexperience83 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Ellesmere Port

What the point in putting fake pictures on your profile?

I have done a thread called what would you do.

I found out yesterday that the fella I'd been chatting to for a while was a fake. After going to a social to which I thought he'd not turned up to, he was actually their!!

How he expected me to recognise him and approach him ( he got nervous) baffles me lol

He looked nothing at all like his profile pics not even in the slightest.

I think he bottled it because I was the same person the photographs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've just found one today, an Indian supermodel lol. In general, people who use fake pics have no intention of meeting but I met a guy once who wasn't the guy in his pics (not this site though) and I was fuming but he couldn't see why as we "got on well" when chatting. He couldn't actually see what he'd done wrong. There are some sad people in the world.

maybe checking someones feedback would have helped..

Ellesmere Port

I don't think verifications help either really as in the past a guy with fantastic veri's bottled out !

An all his said was he turns up on time , never a disappointment lol

"I don't think verifications help either really as in the past a guy with fantastic veri's bottled out !

An all his said was he turns up on time , never a disappointment lol "

I was washing my hair.

Ellesmere Port

Ha ha

By *a-ra-ra-boom-de-ayCouple  over a year ago

Wish it was the Algarve! Aberdeenshire

"I don't think verifications help either really as in the past a guy with fantastic veri's bottled out !

I was washing my hair."

Picking you arse more like

Its clearly pissed you off and rightly so, anyone would be in that situation but I think you need to block, report and just move on. There will always be people who use fake pics on here but the site provide you with the tools to help them out, photo verification, veri's, cam etc. No point wasting time wondering why they do it, you'll never know why and you'll just work yourself up for nothing.

Something similar happened to us years ago, but they were obviously pics of them from 20+ years before, we made our excuses and didn't play..

Can't understand why someone wouldn't use their own pics or up to date pics x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I can't imagine what the point is unless it's to get some interaction with people they feel wouldn't normally talk to them.

We have never met anyone who had photos of someone else on their profile but we have met several with photos more than ten or fifteen years old.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I was washing my hair."

That must have taken you ages...

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I would imagine some people use fake pictures to gain more attention. Quite a few are very easy to spot...

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

Well I guess without these fakes profile the program Catfish would not have had its launch pad.

It must be very frustrating for all concerned as you put time and effort into getting to know these people just to have them abuse that trust.

It will also make you second guess the next gent that comes along. Personally from now on I would be inclined to use the cam for verification purposes so it will out the fakes quicker for you. Good luck in the future x

"Its clearly pissed you off and rightly so, anyone would be in that situation but I think you need to block, report and just move on. There will always be people who use fake pics on here but the site provide you with the tools to help them out, photo verification, veri's, cam etc. No point wasting time wondering why they do it, you'll never know why and you'll just work yourself up for nothing. "

The only proper tool provided would be cam because you're only pic verified to prove you're the gender you signed up as. I have come across people with fake pics too

We had the same with a couple .... spent 4 months messaging etc. And I (Alabama) became friends with the female half ! Then found out most of her pics were fakes we arranged to meet and suddenly no more messages and they left here !

Just makes you feel very gullible

"What the point in putting fake pictures on your profile?

I found out yesterday that the fella I'd been chatting to for a while was a fake. After going to a social to which I thought he'd not turned up to, he was actually their!!

How he expected me to recognise him and approach him ( he got nervous) baffles me lol

I think he bottled it because I was the same person the photographs "

Its pretty sad but there is little done by it by admin. You see all sorts of obviously fake pictures and wonder how they were passed and it makes you realise its far too easy for people to put up what they want no matter who it is.

Google reverse image, tiny eye are handy tools always use these before we get too involved generally ask if they want to meet early in saves wasting too much time

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Its pretty sad but there is little done by it by admin. You see all sorts of obviously fake pictures and wonder how they were passed and it makes you realise its far too easy for people to put up what they want no matter who it is. "

Do a decent report after using google reverse and quote one of the references you find, along with the total number and type of sites the pics are on - and admin will usually act on it.

Pic mods are volunteers and given the number of photos uploaded they can miss fake/internet pics. Do your own homework and report those you suspect are fake, then block and move on.

There are tools to help avoid fakes if you use them, along with common sense. Checking images takes just seconds - but will save you potentially chatting for hours/days/weeks to those using other peoples images.

A

Its pretty sad but there is little done by it by admin. You see all sorts of obviously fake pictures and wonder how they were passed and it makes you realise its far too easy for people to put up what they want no matter who it is.

Do a decent report after using google reverse and quote one of the references you find, along with the total number and type of sites the pics are on - and admin will usually act on it.

Pic mods are volunteers and given the number of photos uploaded they can miss fake/internet pics. Do your own homework and report those you suspect are fake, then block and move on.

There are tools to help avoid fakes if you use them, along with common sense. Checking images takes just seconds - but will save you potentially chatting for hours/days/weeks to those using other peoples images.

A"

Reverse search is only useful if the pics are public on a different site. I myself, tried to upload a few pics I had on another site but the public one was rejected and the other one was uploaded.

Or they are just stalkers !!!

Ellesmere Port

How do you use google reverse?

"How do you use google reverse?"

If you have google chrome, right click the image and of the options that appear, search goggle for this image is one of them, click on it and it'll show any other sites the image is on or show no results.

this is why we always offer to face cam before a meet

Google image everything then talk to them on cam. I dont get why everyone doesnt do that. I get about 3 or 4 fakes a day message me and i report them all. Although stealing pics isnt a bannable offence.

Ellesmere Port

I'm over it now, it did piss me off, an left me wondering "how on earth did this guy think it would work"? The little weirdo ha ha

We on,y have an ipad an not sure if they can cam to a PC or not?

There's a couple on here who have several photos of the female's head stuck onto the bodies of women from all over the world. The fact that she has exactly the same expression and always seems to be wearing a neck scarf wherever she is in the world did set the alarm bells ringing.

I've reported the profile to admin, but I'm also accepting donations to get this poor lady the urgent medical attention she needs to fix her chameleon skin and motionless face.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

" Although stealing pics isnt a bannable offence."

Thats not actually true. Admin have have commented on this before so Ive copied their post from another thread:

'you report, we review report, issue warnings (new accounts we suspend; existing or verified accounts we have a first warning saying it's not OK, we have a 2nd warning which temp suspends an account if people persist and we suspend those who persist).'

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"maybe checking someones feedback would have helped.."

I have had several, one very recently, who had out of date or very ambiguous pics and an incorrect description category, ie athletic, when they were nothing of the kind any more. I asked to see a recent full length pic but many people do not have them, and they had glowing verifications. It seems other people enjoyed the experience enough to verify despite the discrepancy, but I politely refused.

» Add a new message to this topic