FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Random blocking

Random blocking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hattyman80 OP   Man  over a year ago

stockport

I've been chatting to someone on and off just generally nothing sexual just been friendly banter really then out of nowhere she blocked me. Now I've been here long enough to know that bein blocked as a single guy is a regular thing for some. But I pride myself on being polite, courteous and the right amount of flirty and if someone says "sorry not my type" or "not for me thanks" I always say thanks for the reply and have fun. So it's infuriating to be blocked randomly when I feel the conversations have been moving in the right direction. Sorry for the rant I don't normally do it. Just needed it get it off my chest

Thanks for reading ... Ps please don't tear me apart

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You may have said something she didn't like even though you thought you were being polite. Sometimes it can be something very simple or what you think might be petty that puts someone off. Who knows, you never will so no point worrying about it. I've was blocked on my single profile after really getting on with someone and arranging a social. I guess he changed his mind, who cares, just move on, it wasn't meant to be for a reason.

Miss F

By *eeriseWoman  over a year ago

Manchester and that's all you need to know

It happens hun

By *estlands4Man  over a year ago

Sidmouth

It does happen but I wonder whether sometimes people block by mistake whilst on mobile devices - I know I've done it and had it done to me too - perhaps there should be a "are you sure" button to confirm blocking or an appeal option to send one message through to someone who has blocked you.

i block alot if they are persistant or boring or the fact the word No

maybe she was a man lol

An appeal button allowing ine last message would just lead to abuse.

I kind of agree with the 'are you sure' but as you hacecto access a second menu to reach the block option not sure it's not already there.

"I've been chatting to someone on and off just generally nothing sexual just been friendly banter really then out of nowhere she blocked me. Now I've been here long enough to know that bein blocked as a single guy is a regular thing for some. But I pride myself on being polite, courteous and the right amount of flirty and if someone says "sorry not my type" or "not for me thanks" I always say thanks for the reply and have fun. So it's infuriating to be blocked randomly when I feel the conversations have been moving in the right direction. Sorry for the rant I don't normally do it. Just needed it get it off my chest

Thanks for reading ... Ps please don't tear me apart "

Maybe she thought the messages were going nowhere?

By *icefellatwoMan  over a year ago

hastings

I got blocked by a lady all because I said

I am not keen on big tits on a forum how sad was that

"I got blocked by a lady all because I said

"

Ah....but if she's got bit tits, it'll stop her appearing on your searches etc.

What you have to think of is quite a few forum members will use what people post as another form of filter, for example if someone says they love bareback only, we'd block them so we know not to contact them or in turn them contacting us.

Not everything is as 'sad' as it seems

Ah....but if she's got bit tits, it'll stop her appearing on your searches etc.

What you have to think of is quite a few forum members will use what people post as another form of filter, for example if someone says they love bareback only, we'd block them so we know not to contact them or in turn them contacting us.

Not everything is as 'sad' as it seems"

"

That's not actually what you said tho

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Why is it sad?

I don't get all this concern over being blocked by people you hardly know.

Unless these threads are the only way people have of letting those who've blocked them know how upset they.are about being blocked.

hastings

That's not actually what you said tho "

I had to look back no it wasn't exactly

what I said sorry I have a sieve like a memory

Random blocking??? Why have I never thought of this? Usually I have a reason for blocking. It isn't always obvious, but it's there. But now I quite fancy going on a random blocking rampage!!

Thanks for the idea for a new game, OP

I use the block button alot. To me its a tool to be used. I'm sure im on alot of peoples block list - which is fine. They are using the site to suit them, as am I.

Thought your chat wasn't going anywhere and if you were leaving open ended messages for the lady she may have thought it's the far easier option.

Plus if it wasn't going anywhere then you have lost nothing.

[Removed by poster at 11/08/14 09:38:09]

Maybe she was only replying out of politeness and wasn't as interested as you thought

By *estlands4Man  over a year ago

Sidmouth

"An appeal button allowing ine last message would just lead to abuse.

I kind of agree with the 'are you sure' but as you hacecto access a second menu to reach the block option not sure it's not already there.

"

Not if you are looking at a message

I don't randomly block anyone, I block for a reason! I've had men chat to me and if it was obviously going no where I've got bored and blocked. I know I'm a chatterbox but I am here to meet sexy men to have fun with.

There's only so much Hi, how are you, how's your day been, what you up to, anything planned for the weekend messages that even I can put up with

"I don't randomly block anyone, I block for a reason! I've had men chat to me and if it was obviously going no where I've got bored and blocked. I know I'm a chatterbox but I am here to meet sexy men to have fun with.

There's only so much Hi, how are you, how's your day been, what you up to, anything planned for the weekend messages that even I can put up with "

^^ This!

This is a site for swinging, and as much as i pass the time of day with people, i am looking to meet connect and have fun with people

There is nothing in the terms and conditions that state you cant block when you want to

Its freedom of choice and maybe she didn't want to chat anymore, thought it wasn't going anywhere and blocked

I get blocked allot when i am in chat as people don't like bluntness or i tell directors to do one when im not in a directing room

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"I've been chatting to someone on and off just generally nothing sexual just been friendly banter really then out of nowhere she blocked me. Now I've been here long enough to know that bein blocked as a single guy is a regular thing for some. But I pride myself on being polite, courteous and the right amount of flirty and if someone says "sorry not my type" or "not for me thanks" I always say thanks for the reply and have fun. So it's infuriating to be blocked randomly when I feel the conversations have been moving in the right direction. Sorry for the rant I don't normally do it. Just needed it get it off my chest

Thanks for reading ... Ps please don't tear me apart "

it happens, move on, we do

stockport

Surely when all you people who say you block other people you are at least polite enough to send the personal a reason why you blocked them as if you say you feel it's going nowhere or you're bored?

Surely just because you feel it's going nowhere surely it doesn't mean you lose your manners?

Considering this is supposed to be a swinging social network people on here can be very rude for no apparent reason.

"Surely when all you people who say you block other people you are at least polite enough to send the personal a reason why you blocked them as if you say you feel it's going nowhere or you're bored?

Surely just because you feel it's going nowhere surely it doesn't mean you lose your manners?

Considering this is supposed to be a swinging social network people on here can be very rude for no apparent reason. "

Speaking from experience (this morning) when you send a message saying your not interested you then get several messages with questions asking why and what they can do to change your mind? It's far easier to just block and forget about them. We use this site as a social network to keep in touch with friends on the scene. We don't pander to the needy and if we have to block we don't give it a moments thought if it's polite or not.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Surely when all you people who say you block other people you are at least polite enough to send the personal a reason why you blocked them as if you say you feel it's going nowhere or you're bored?

Considering this is supposed to be a swinging social network people on here can be very rude for no apparent reason. "

No we don't why should we? Why do you think using one of the sites many tools is rude? Personally I think its quite rude to complain about other people in a public forum but we all have our own idea of what is rude and what isn't I suppose.

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I have good manners, but no I do not message people to explain why i block them - what on earth would that achieve? Would you really want a message saying "I'm blocking you because you bored me?"

I block for all sorts of reasons, boredom, people saying the wrong thing, being pushy, being too crude, or asking for things I will not do. I have also blocked from forum comments for people I find offensive.

Its a tool, no more, no less than the age filters and gender filters.

There will always be a reason someone blocks you even though its not apparent to you. Maybe they feel telling you the reason will upset you more. Either way, they don't have to give you a reason. You need a thick skin on here and to be honest, if its someone you've never met or likely will, I can't see why its a problem. Best to forget and move on as its what they've done.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

at a bit of a tangent to this thread but I have noticed among my children's generation (mid twenties)a tendency to not be able to let things go when it comes to any sort of relationship, even one as fleeting as internet hook ups. Even after making a clean break they are inclined to keep asking why, keep wanting further and clearer clarification of why someone won't go out with them or has finished the relationship or won't meet them after being messaged on Facebook. I wonder if the net and easy access to social media has encouraged this or if people have always been like it and we just see more evidence of it because the net makes that possible.

stockport

Well thanks for the comments from people who are polite enough, mature enough and understanding enough to reply to my original comment with valid and useful responses. I've taken them under advisement. To the people who just like to jump on a topic and speak to people like shit (because the can it's their right as they see it) then you can keep going about your high and mighty existence. (Not calling out particular people but if you think it might be you it probably is)

Have a good day everyone

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Well thanks for the comments from people who are polite enough, mature enough and understanding enough to reply to my original comment with valid and useful responses. I've taken them under advisement. To the people who just like to jump on a topic and speak to people like shit (because the can it's their right as they see it) then you can keep going about your high and mighty existence. (Not calling out particular people but if you think it might be you it probably is)

Have a good day everyone "

Well! There's no answer to that is there really.

"Well thanks for the comments from people who are polite enough, mature enough and understanding enough to reply to my original comment with valid and useful responses. I've taken them under advisement. To the people who just like to jump on a topic and speak to people like shit (because the can it's their right as they see it) then you can keep going about your high and mighty existence. (Not calling out particular people but if you think it might be you it probably is)

Have a good day everyone

Well! There's no answer to that is there really."

Yeah blocked!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Have a good day everyone

Well! There's no answer to that is there really.

Yeah blocked! "

"It does happen but I wonder whether sometimes people block by mistake whilst on mobile devices - I know I've done it and had it done to me too - perhaps there should be a "are you sure" button to confirm blocking or an appeal option to send one message through to someone who has blocked you.

"

It does say "Are you sure" on your mobile.

Maybe this post is a good clue as to why you were blocked in the first place? Wasn't there a mention of manners in your OP??

stockport

Have a good day everyone

Maybe this post is a good clue as to why you were blocked in the first place? Wasn't there a mention of manners in your OP??"

Not sure where u wasn't polite in hat post??

If you put up a topic you can't expect everyone to agree with you.

stockport

Have a good day everyone

If you put up a topic you can't expect everyone to agree with you. "

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I'm happy to hear all points of view. There's just polite ways to speak to people. I've been part of the scene 10 years and I've had all sorts of experiences as part of a couple on here and as a single guy. I just find sometimes in these forums (more so than on other sites) people like to talk down to people or give attitude rather than either ignore the post or just actually give opinions (not sarcastic or rude comments).

This was never aimed to be a rant (which no doubt some people viewing this thread will assume) it was just me trying to understand the logic.

And tbh some of the posts today have helped a lot and I thank those people who have helped. Majority of people on here are great but there's a minority who consider themselves to be better or more experienced and like to be perceived that way so they spout billions shite on forums and like to shoot down whoever they want. Plenty of people feel like I do and they won't say anything on forums or have stopped using them altogether.

This will certainly be the last topic I post

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Have a good day everyone

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I'm happy to hear all points of view. There's just polite ways to speak to people. I've been part of the scene 10 years and I've had all sorts of experiences as part of a couple on here and as a single guy. I just find sometimes in these forums (more so than on other sites) people like to talk down to people or give attitude rather than either ignore the post or just actually give opinions (not sarcastic or rude comments).

This was never aimed to be a rant (which no doubt some people viewing this thread will assume) it was just me trying to understand the logic.

And tbh some of the posts today have helped a lot and I thank those people who have helped. Majority of people on here are great but there's a minority who consider themselves to be better or more experienced and like to be perceived that way so they spout billions shite on forums and like to shoot down whoever they want. Plenty of people feel like I do and they won't say anything on forums or have stopped using them altogether.

This will certainly be the last topic I post "

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't see anything here that you couldn't have robustly contested given that you are able to articulate your views very well.

stockport

Have a good day everyone

This will certainly be the last topic I post

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't see anything here that you couldn't have robustly contested given that you are able to articulate your views very well."

Unfortunately although I could robustly contested anything on this thread the desire to do so is not there it's not why I'm here tbh. I've got a lot of friends from this site single men, women and couples and I enjoy their posts, their stories, their company and believe it or not I didn't anticipate this thread going this way. Maybe I get too carried away on here?

Ah well lesson learned ( for the millionth time)

OP when you post a topic you can't expect people to answer you they way you want to hear/see it.

Text can be read in many ways with many expressions and it's how your interpret it which could be your issue as you sound miffed.

All I see if feedback which is what you asked fo, whether it's constructive or not then that's down to decide.

stockport

"OP when you post a topic you can't expect people to answer you they way you want to hear/see it.

Text can be read in many ways with many expressions and it's how your interpret it which could be your issue as you sound miffed.

All I see if feedback which is what you asked fo, whether it's constructive or not then that's down to decide."

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"OP when you post a topic you can't expect people to answer you they way you want to hear/see it.

All I see if feedback which is what you asked fo, whether it's constructive or not then that's down to decide.

"

so! Will you hang around and post? we need fresh blood....er I mean new contributors

stockport

so! Will you hang around and post? we need fresh blood....er I mean new contributors "

I'll stick around and post and I'll do my best to keep posts as none controversial as possible

hang on

so i read this as before i block someone i have to tell them

that will be a NO from me. most men ask "why not" if you reply no this is not what i want more fuck nugget messages

Happens all the time . Block her as well and move on

Forum Mod

East Sussex

so! Will you hang around and post? we need fresh blood....er I mean new contributors

I'll stick around and post and I'll do my best to keep posts as none controversial as possible "

Noooooo don't do that we need controversial not more "Stick, lick and paste" or whatever they are and I am too lazy to start my own.

You may have just breathed at wrong time

You know what women are like, i cant figure out why am still single

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You may have just breathed at wrong time

You know what women are like, i cant figure out why am still single "

It's a puzzle to be sure

stockport

I'll stick around and post and I'll do my best to keep posts as none controversial as possible

Noooooo don't do that we need controversial not more "Stick, lick and paste" or whatever they are and I am too lazy to start my own."

I'll give it a go with the controversial but I can't guarantee what'll happen lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Noooooo don't do that we need controversial not more "Stick, lick and paste" or whatever they are and I am too lazy to start my own.

I'll give it a go with the controversial but I can't guarantee what'll happen lol "

That's why we like controversial!

Seriously don't take what people say or their attitude to heart. Its very easy to miss context and impossible to translate tone in text. There are I agree some right 'orrible arrogant people on here who have no other way of communication than by being condescending and patronising but most of us are just here for a good chat, exchange of views and some banter.

Have a good day everyone

Maybe this post is a good clue as to why you were blocked in the first place? Wasn't there a mention of manners in your OP??

Not sure where u wasn't polite in hat post??"

Me? Lol You were the one not being polite not me!!

Just write it off as another mental woman and forget about her

hastings

"Just write it off as another mental woman and forget about her"

We seem to have more threads on blocking

than a lot of other subjects and always interesting

stockport

Have a good day everyone

Not sure where u wasn't polite in hat post??

Me? Lol You were the one not being polite not me!!"

I Mistyped and at no point was I impolite to you!!

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

I've read the whole thread, and unless posts were removed I didn't see anyone talking to the op like shit

By *uppy ConquerorMan  over a year ago

dundee

I think i have maybe went overboard with blocking, my most fabbed local picture section has a girl from canada in it.

By *adgodCouple  over a year ago

Greensburg

"I've read the whole thread, and unless posts were removed I didn't see anyone talking to the op like shit

"

By *upernanny007Woman  over a year ago

birmingham

Hi _hattyman80

You have made me smile with some of the things you have said but all very true !!!! But like I said to you this morning her loss not yours xx move on to bigger and brighter people

"Just write it off as another mental woman and forget about her"

Loads of them on here proper bunny boilers

Send someone a message to say you are blocked for x, y or z reason?! I've heard it all now! No I don't and don't think I should have to. Personally if somebody is expecting that then they are way too needy. If they think im rude for thinking that go ahead and block me.

By *exybicplenewcastleCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

Just had someone who has just joined the site message us and asked if we were free now lol,when we replied "no" he blocked us,hilarious.He was just 21 mind and his profile stated straight even though he wanted to be fucked.Its people like that who give newbies a bad name,having said that we found it quite funny.

Iv blocked everyone on this thread

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Iv blocked everyone on this thread

"

No you haven't

By *a petite madameWoman  over a year ago

London / Essex

"You may have said something she didn't like even though you thought you were being polite. Sometimes it can be something very simple or what you think might be petty that puts someone off. Who knows, you never will so no point worrying about it. I've was blocked on my single profile after really getting on with someone and arranging a social. I guess he changed his mind, who cares, just move on, it wasn't meant to be for a reason.

Miss F"

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I think i have maybe went overboard with blocking, my most fabbed local picture section has a girl from canada in it."

A

stockport

Considering this is supposed to be a swinging social network people on here can be very rude for no apparent reason.

Send someone a message to say you are blocked for x, y or z reason?! I've heard it all now! No I don't and don't think I should have to. Personally if somebody is expecting that then they are way too needy. If they think im rude for thinking that go ahead and block me."

You've obviously not read the original post correctly. The issue was being blocked after chatting to someone regularly and out of nowhere blocked. Completely out of the blue. 99% I don't give a shit why someone has blocked me but when it's less than 8 hours after a conversation where you were both having a laugh i think it's slightly rude. I wouldn't block anyone for not agreeing with my view on blocking people as I'm not that petty. I just think that on some occasions (not every time you block someone) that maybe a reason should be given so you know what went wrong

» Add a new message to this topic