FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Thanks but no thanks

Thanks but no thanks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *jgoofy OP   Couple  over a year ago

worthing

Hi all just a piece of advice needed. We recently went on a social with a couple the evening went well we felt no negative vibe then when the verification came through it was lovely couple but no mention of meeting again. My wife and I were discussing that if we put something on our profile that basically meant if you aren't going to meet us don't leave us in limbo for future socials. Has anyone else done this and what did they put. We meet loads of people at parties and always seem to do great socials. Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you contacted the couple you met and asked them if they want to meet again?

Just because it's not in their veri doesn't necessarily mean they don't

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Maybe they are waiting for you to contact them again? A follow up message might work...

"Hi all just a piece of advice needed. We recently went on a social with a couple the evening went well we felt no negative vibe then when the verification came through it was lovely couple but no mention of meeting again. My wife and I were discussing that if we put something on our profile that basically meant if you aren't going to meet us don't leave us in limbo for future socials. Has anyone else done this and what did they put. We meet loads of people at parties and always seem to do great socials. Thanks"

Maybe they're not keen in announcing to the world what their intentions towards you are? We tend to give very generic verifications without detail in them because after all, that's what they are, a verification that you're who you say you are and that you turned up as arranged...and we prefer to have those conversations as a dialogue with the people involved, not the whole site. reviews of performance and announcements of what you're going to do next are unnecessary...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hi all just a piece of advice needed. We recently went on a social with a couple the evening went well we felt no negative vibe then when the verification came through it was lovely couple but no mention of meeting again. My wife and I were discussing that if we put something on our profile that basically meant if you aren't going to meet us don't leave us in limbo for future socials. Has anyone else done this and what did they put. We meet loads of people at parties and always seem to do great socials. Thanks"

Message them. You have met face to face your interaction from now on should be directly with one another. Put something in your profile if you want but I think s polite note after a social saying that you had a great time and would like to meet again would be much better. Why do you feel it's up to the other people to make the move?

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A veri is nothing more than confirmation that you've met, are who you say you are - and maybe that you're nice.

It's not a means of planning future meets or confirming to you or anyone else that you intend to or not.

A

By the way...its clear from your visible verifications exactly who you're talking about...not clever...

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"A veri is nothing more than confirmation that you've met, are who you say you are - and maybe that you're nice.

It's not a means of planning future meets or confirming to you or anyone else that you intend to or not.

A"

Or if you're a shit shag.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"A veri is nothing more than confirmation that you've met, are who you say you are - and maybe that you're nice.

A

Or if you're a shit shag. "

Just hide it Steve - just hide it!

A

Do you want to meet them again? If so,tell them

I've got veris from guys and they are only one offs. never seen them again

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hi all just a piece of advice needed. We recently went on a social with a couple the evening went well we felt no negative vibe then when the verification came through it was lovely couple but no mention of meeting again. My wife and I were discussing that if we put something on our profile that basically meant if you aren't going to meet us don't leave us in limbo for future socials. Has anyone else done this and what did they put. We meet loads of people at parties and always seem to do great socials. Thanks

By the way...its clear from your visible verifications exactly who you're talking about...not clever..."

Oh dear! Not again. What's wrong with people and their sense of discretion lately?

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

"Hi all just a piece of advice needed. We recently went on a social with a couple the evening went well we felt no negative vibe then when the verification came through it was lovely couple but no mention of meeting again. My wife and I were discussing that if we put something on our profile that basically meant if you aren't going to meet us don't leave us in limbo for future socials. Has anyone else done this and what did they put. We meet loads of people at parties and always seem to do great socials. Thanks

By the way...its clear from your visible verifications exactly who you're talking about...not clever..."

This!

The verification in question ( as it's easy to see which you're talking about!) Confirms it was a social meet. Absolutely nothing I can see in it would even hint at a suggestion they wouldn't meet again??

Though, if they see this thread they may change any ideas they previously had...!

A"

I agree. The rest is personal between you and them

By *omtoadCouple  over a year ago

Vampireville,Romania

Although your intentions may have been genuine, I think that you have shot yourself in the foot. Not just for this couple but for many others. If I was part of a couple I would stay away. Due to the fact you are kind of naming and shaming for no apparent reason. A social is a social not a contract for future meets.

By *omtoadCouple  over a year ago

Vampireville,Romania

"Although your intentions may have been genuine, I think that you have shot yourself in the foot. Not just for this couple but for many others. If I was part of a couple I would stay away. Due to the fact you are kind of naming and shaming for no apparent reason. A social is a social not a contract for future meets."
* I put A couple when I should have said The couple.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"Although your intentions may have been genuine, I think that you have shot yourself in the foot. Not just for this couple but for many others. If I was part of a couple I would stay away. Due to the fact you are kind of naming and shaming for no apparent reason. A social is a social not a contract for future meets."

Confused - you ARE part of a couple... aren't you?

OP - why so needy? Either wait until the couple in question contact you (if they do - not sure they will now) or contact them and ask if they want to move to the next level. You don't need to wring your hands in angst over it and ask people on the forum of there's a subliminal meaning in their verification that needs to be de-coded.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

You do realise that at the very least, you have embarrassed this couple in front of the whole site? Take the veto down ffs....

Forum Mod

East Sussex

You do realise that at the very least, you have embarrassed this couple in front of the whole site? Take the veto down ffs...."

I don't think it's the couple who left the very who should feel embarrassed.

Yet

If they left a veri like that why should the op take the veri down

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yet

If they left a veri like that why should the op take the veri down "

because it clearly links them to this rather passive aggressive thread wondering why they haven't contacted them asking to meet again.

"Yet

because it clearly links them to this rather passive aggressive thread wondering why they haven't contacted them asking to meet again.

"

im still having my 1st coffee so i agree x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yet

im still having my 1st coffee so i agree x"

I'm having my first coffee too although I have had two cups of redbush tea.

"Yet

I'm having my first coffee too although I have had two cups of redbush tea. "

i dont think personally that veri would make my on show ones

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yet

I'm having my first coffee too although I have had two cups of redbush tea.

i dont think personally that veri would make my on show ones"

I don't think we should be discussing it at all really

» Add a new message to this topic