FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Code word in profile

Code word in profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would it put you off sending a message if asked to put a particular word in the subject box?

We find most guys don't bother with that which is not a problem as that helps delete messages quickly.

The ladies that have messaged us have all used it. The couples have been a mixture.

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not if we thought we'd get on with those people.

It's harmless

Doesn't put us off. It's entirely up to the owner of the profile how they wish to run it! We've never used the code word in the subject of a message as there are other ways to show that you have read someone's profile.

I'm sure some people just scroll to the end of profiles in order to find the codeword to include in their message and skip the whole reading part!

crystal

I think it's a great idea and helps separate the wheat from the chaff - I've replied to a few profiles with a keyword and responded as requested with a face pic but have found it still gets deleted just as quickly!

Ha! C'est la vie!

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I read profiles, and just find the code word a bit silly - I tried it initially, but found that people can scan and find the code word, and ignore pertinent information. But its your profile, and if it works for you then fine.

I don't tend to reply to people that use them, as often the paragraph about it is longer than the rest of the profile, and that doesn't work for me!

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

It's not off-putting for us. Can't see that it would make any difference to the people messaging, unless they hadn't actually read the profile. Then it's serving your purpose.

Really can't imagine someone reading your profile, wanting to get in touch and saying to themselves 'I refuse to use the code word! But I'll message them anyway'.

Yes,I read profiles and don't need to put a specific word in the message box to prove it

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

I read profiles and understand that some use this as check.

However, rather than a codeword in bold writing, asking for a persons fav car or colour etc. to be used as the title would be more effective.

In normal type in the text unintroduced it will out the skim readers.

doesnt put me off just shows them ive taken the time to read there profile maybe even found a little out about them..... i have one on my profile just so i no they havnt just perved on my pics lol and if they spend time on my profile they obviously wana spend time with me (maybe) haha

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Personally I think it's a bit naff. There are plenty of arseholes who will read an entire profile and still send a message with the code word and 'your gums on my plums' as the only message

For myself, I'd rather someone read my profile because they find it fun, rather than playing hunt the thimble

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"Personally I think it's a bit naff. There are plenty of arseholes who will read an entire profile and still send a message with the code word and 'your gums on my plums' as the only message

For myself, I'd rather someone read my profile because they find it fun, rather than playing hunt the thimble "

hehehe Tina got it.... "iiiiiiin one"

By *utzzCouple  over a year ago

wrexham

We ask for biscuits in a first message, not received any yet but still hopeful

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"Would it put you off sending a message if asked to put a particular word in the subject box?

We find most guys don't bother with that which is not a problem as that helps delete messages quickly.

The ladies that have messaged us have all used it. The couples have been a mixture.

Thoughts?"

we just delete, then we get 'why did you delete' message, we do say in the first few lines READ the profile lol

To us it just shows the people that want to meet us, not just the pictures if you know what i mean, ?

[Removed by poster at 22/08/14 11:39:53]

We always read profiles but have never used any codeword when we've messaged.... And it's never done us any harm. I guess because we never send messages that we've 'copy n pasted' so whoever receives it knows it's bespoke to them.

However we wouldn't message anyone with a big list of 'don't likes' who had a code word as well - only because we probably wouldn't get on anyway!! :D

By *estlands4Man  over a year ago

Sidmouth

I think I've got a hidden code word which is why I'm not getting any messages

I like the funny ones but as someone said it's easy to skip the profile and find the code word

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I genuinely can't understand why anyone (male or female) wouldn't read the profile of someone they were going to message. The profile will tell you far more about the person than the photos or 'interests' ever will.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Would it put you off sending a message if asked to put a particular word in the subject box?

Thoughts?"

Never use a 'code word' .....but do read the profiles. If our responses are deleted because we have not used said code word we consider ourselves having dodged a bullet lol

Right up there with Sydney university

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Thoughts?"

We find it tends to work much better although we accept we may miss out on the odd decent person, it does allow us to delete a large amount if Eejits and folk we'd never meet anyway.

We also make sure we reply to every message containing it upto the point of a "Thanks but no thanks" or we meet!

We tend to just scan for code word and mass delete all that don't contain it without looking at the profile

Bradford

"I genuinely can't understand why anyone (male or female) wouldn't read the profile of someone they were going to message. The profile will tell you far more about the person than the photos or 'interests' ever will. "

"I genuinely can't understand why anyone (male or female) wouldn't read the profile of someone they were going to message. The profile will tell you far more about the person than the photos or 'interests' ever will.

"

The sad fact is a large number of people don't.

As an example, we are a soft swing couple, at present, and we find that fact is missed regularly when being messaged.

Thoughts?

We find it tends to work much better although we accept we may miss out on the odd decent person, it does allow us to delete a large amount if Eejits and folk we'd never meet anyway.

We also make sure we reply to every message containing it upto the point of a "Thanks but no thanks" or we meet!

We tend to just scan for code word and mass delete all that don't contain it without looking at the profile "

This tend to be our approach although we do read the messages, even if they don't have the title we ask for, and on the odd occasion, peeps had read the profile and made clear to include relevant information in their opening message which is lovely. Great way to initiate conversation and to show an interest

Bradford

Have to say that if we get an approach from someone with no code word but who may have caught our eye, it is laughable if we see they've asked for one but not read our profile to add ours!

Even fake profiles can read and put a word in the subject box.

You'd be better off reading the replies to see if it's taken into account what your interests are, what your pics show and what your profile says.

I like profiles which say if interested put xxxx in the subject.

No messages saying how are you or fancy a fuck.

To sydney university ....

It does bother me, I've tried it myself tho and it doesn't work. Even if they read my profile and used the word they still ignored the content of the profile! The only reason I used it was to read the ones that used it assuming they had read and taken my requirements into consideration. I have certain things I need out of necessity not just being awkward....distance for example

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

[Removed by poster at 02/09/14 10:49:49]

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

It doesn't put us off and we would use it, in a message to them.

However, we do find it pretty pointless as most of them stick out like a sore thumb. You don't actually need to read the profile properly to find them, just skim over it.

When messaging we usually pick out one or two things from the profile that has grabbed our attention. Which to us is a better way to show we have actually read it.

Being asked to put a particular word in the subject box NEVER puts me off.

In fact, I'm getting to the point where I almost prefer it that way.

To be fair, if you've made such a request in your profile text, then why should anyone have a problem with it.

You've stated your reasons for asking - like most, it's to prove that your profile has been read, and more to the point, hopefully understood.

Personally, if someone's profile has caught my eye, I will ALWAYS read the text - often more than once.

Longer profiles don't really put me off either.

Being able to demonstrate that you've read someone's profile gives them the reassurance that you are someone who puts in the effort and not just after a quick fumble to get your rocks off.

"doesnt put me off just shows them ive taken the time to read there profile maybe even found a little out about them..... i have one on my profile just so i no they havnt just perved on my pics lol and if they spend time on my profile they obviously wana spend time with me (maybe) haha "
moomo lol id love to spend time with ya

"We ask for biscuits in a first message, not received any yet but still hopeful "

Master stroke!!

"doesnt put me off just shows them ive taken the time to read there profile maybe even found a little out about them..... i have one on my profile just so i no they havnt just perved on my pics lol and if they spend time on my profile they obviously wana spend time with me (maybe) haha "

Oh Bugger, why do you have to be so far away

I have a code word in my profile, basically its to help me filter out who has read my whole profile and not just the first line, alot of people dont read to the end.

we ve used them if asked - and often when we dont but message anyway still had a positive response - make of that what you will

Thoughts?"

We've never used one, to be honest, and can't recall getting deleted because of it. We won't jump through numerous hoops, you either want to meet us or we don't appeal...putting in a code word doesn't alter that, if we get deleted we're not missing out...

"we ve used them if asked - and often when we dont but message anyway still had a positive response - make of that what you will "
u cld message anything i guess an still get a reply lol

Op, simply block single men as you are not looking for them, and by doing that it would of saved you time as well, simples.. next

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I ask for a joke...it gives me a laugh (or a groan) and guarantees a response...I tend to answer forumites anyway as usually that's a response to some bollocks I've posted...generally, single women and couples don't bother with the joke (although I don't get that many messages from that section of the site) and I'd make a rough guess that about 50% of single guys do...I'll respond if it's obvious that my profile's been read but it's not often the case. If I was messaging, I'd put the code word in if asked

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

My code word is 'iwannasjag_londecaz'

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"My code word is 'iwannasjag_londecaz' "

I you too Steve

"We ask for biscuits in a first message, not received any yet but still hopeful "

I sent a packet of bourbons, have they not arrived yet?

My broadband is slow though

The end of my profile is that far away from the beginning that if anyone is awake enough to send a message after wading through it, they deserve a knighthood!

I use it as an indication of patience, dilligence staying power. It is not a prerequisite though.

Bloke = Can't afford to filter messages out!

By *extoysareusCouple  over a year ago

kinky heaven

People can do their profiles how they see fit, I do find some codes bizarre like pizza or cappuccino

If anything a more welcoming one would be better I would think.

Hello for example

If someone msgs us who sounds wonderful and sexy... who gives a flying monkeys whether they've read our profile or not?

It's not like, having read a profile, you're in with more of a chance... you aren't... it just means you know a little more about the person you're writing to... that you made a little tiny effort... or it means you can receive a special prize for being clever enough to read. "Ooo look! The clever monkey can read the words" Literacy is not necessarily the best indicator of sexual compatibility... unless you've set the bar extremely low

People seem to think there's some special thing they've said about themselves in their profile that they want all their readers to have understood... and yet most of the time their profile is either some warblingly long rant about other people and what they don't want to do, a kind of anti-profile if you like, or it's just the same old copied and pasted generic write up with a Sydney University warning at the end of it.

Who do you think we would pick? The unattractive couple who read our profile or the attractive couple who didn't? Hmmm that's gonna be a close call

Sorry did that sound ranty lol Guess I need to drink some more of the mooch this evening

Just to be clear... we always read people's profiles

"It doesn't put us off and we would use it, in a message to them.

However, we do find it pretty pointless as most of them stick out like a sore thumb. You don't actually need to read the profile properly to find them, just skim over it.

When messaging we usually pick out one or two things from the profile that has grabbed our attention. Which to us is a better way to show we have actually read it. "

I have to say if anyone messages us with a couple of things they read in our profile that appealed to them, and not used the code word, we would still respond as that is a nice way to catch our eye.

However, we mostly get messages from people that either don't use the code word and have not read the profile, or use the code word and make no reference to our profile. They just tell us how amazing they are

Thoughts?"

I had one. not many people used it

"Being asked to put a particular word in the subject box NEVER puts me off.

In fact, I'm getting to the point where I almost prefer it that way.

To be fair, if you've made such a request in your profile text, then why should anyone have a problem with it.

You've stated your reasons for asking - like most, it's to prove that your profile has been read, and more to the point, hopefully understood.

Personally, if someone's profile has caught my eye, I will ALWAYS read the text - often more than once.

Longer profiles don't really put me off either.

Being able to demonstrate that you've read someone's profile gives them the reassurance that you are someone who puts in the effort and not just after a quick fumble to get your rocks off."

"Bloke = Can't afford to filter messages out! "

The man has a point!

"If someone msgs us who sounds wonderful and sexy... who gives a flying monkeys whether they've read our profile or not?

It's not like, having read a profile, you're in with more of a chance... you aren't... it just means you know a little more about the person you're writing to... that you made a little tiny effort... or it means you can receive a special prize for being clever enough to read. "Ooo look! The clever monkey can read the words" Literacy is not necessarily the best indicator of sexual compatibility... unless you've set the bar extremely low

People seem to think there's some special thing they've said about themselves in their profile that they want all their readers to have understood... and yet most of the time their profile is either some warblingly long rant about other people and what they don't want to do, a kind of anti-profile if you like, or it's just the same old copied and pasted generic write up with a Sydney University warning at the end of it.

Who do you think we would pick? The unattractive couple who read our profile or the attractive couple who didn't? Hmmm that's gonna be a close call

Sorry did that sound ranty lol Guess I need to drink some more of the mooch this evening

Just to be clear... we always read people's profiles "

Quite right. Being able to read doesn't make someone any more physically attractive.

By *C69Man  over a year ago

Nr Doncaster

Very true what Crystal said.

» Add a new message to this topic