FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > I don't understand

I don't understand

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *AR1987 OP   Man  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

I've been on here for a year or there abouts - so I'd like to think I know my way around. But there are parts that leave me vexed and frustrated. It's not something I'm going to lose sleep over, but I don't understand what happened.

A couple winked at me 2 days ago, a local one so I was interested, I then winked back and sent them a message a couple of hours later. It was a polite message, saying "thanks for the wink"/"how are you?"/"yes, I'm interested" message.

This afternoon, I log on to find the message has been deleted.

In that case, why the hell did they even bother winking at me? FYI, I don't write one liners and I normally spend a lot of effort on a message when I do send one to try and make myself....seem one of a kind.

Again, I'm not too bothered, but if someone can identify the cause, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Jonny.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atthew RichardsMan  over a year ago

J13 of the M5

Often I find this is more to do with the number of messages being received by the other member rather than a rejection of you. Imagine if they have a burgeoning inbox of 200 messages they have to clear them at some point.

Bide your time be polite and follow up regularly. See where it takes you, I often think I have lost someone's interest only to find out they are just spring cleaning and are still very much happy to hear from me, just too busy to do anything about it right at this second.

Sevenoaks

Speak of the devil, they just sent me a message! They must have seen this post! :P

Cheers anyway - I'm not too pushy as it goes - everyone needs their time!

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

could even be the female that winked you cos she as interested, and the male who deleted you because he was not. Or indeed vice versa, he might have thought you good enough to join em and she may not have.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Youre never going to know so you do the right thing by not bothering about it...

"Speak of the devil, they just sent me a message! They must have seen this post! :P

Cheers anyway - I'm not too pushy as it goes - everyone needs their time!"

Ahhhh see...so do we get to know why now??? Go onnnnn, the suspense is killing us...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe they were pissed when they sent you the wink, who knows ?

I'd not worry unduly over it though ..

Sevenoaks

"Speak of the devil, they just sent me a message! They must have seen this post! :P

Ahhhh see...so do we get to know why now??? Go onnnnn, the suspense is killing us..."

Haha, I won'task - that would be too audacious, but I think i would be fair to assume that they recieved a cavalcade of mail from interested parties and simply missed mine. At least I hope that's the case!

Ahhhh see...so do we get to know why now??? Go onnnnn, the suspense is killing us...

Haha, I won'task - that would be too audacious, but I think i would be fair to assume that they recieved a cavalcade of mail from interested parties and simply missed mine. At least I hope that's the case! "

Actually they just messaged me and told me why....

Sevenoaks

Haha, I won'task - that would be too audacious, but I think i would be fair to assume that they recieved a cavalcade of mail from interested parties and simply missed mine. At least I hope that's the case!

Actually they just messaged me and told me why....

"

Had my heart in my mouth for a sec!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

just cos messages are deleted dont mean anything, i always delete mind, cant see the point in keeping em cos chat with the ppl anyway lol

By *atthew RichardsMan  over a year ago

J13 of the M5

I find that the people I want to chat to swiftly accept my friend invites or if I dont know them quite well enough I add them to my hot list.

That has the double benefit of showing you whether they are online or not and deciding if you want to follow up on your last message. As a site supporter I also save their last message as you get a history of messages with SS membership. I open their last reply and type my response, showing them I have taken the effort to remember them too.

All these little things show the others you care and are going the extra distance for them.

Moral of the story - get a message history with a membership.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

They may have accidientally heiids the rincvbg button.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"They may have accidientally heiids the rincvbg button."

Whatever that button does, I want one too!

» Add a new message to this topic