Winks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can someone please explain the purpose of 'winks'

Can I prevent getting them?

Paddy x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They are for lazy people who cannot be bothered to send a proper message. I'm not sure if you can stop them, but you can do as we do - ignore and delete them

From reading forums there seems to be a lot of people who compose specific messages addressed to the profile they are responding to....and see their message deleted, some of us now regard winks as a way of saying "interested" and up to the person wink sent to respond. If they don't respond then someone hasn't spent time crafting a message. Don't believe they are blockable...why not take them as a compliment?

I tend to just ignore them and bulk delete every so often

Forum Mod

If you enter "winks" into the search forum subject theres 35 threads that may explain what people think of them

It only takes one click of a button to delete them all,you don't even have to do that you can just ignore them completely and forget all about them

i like them, they are a way of saving me searching loads of profiles, i just sit back and wait

By *leasureseanyMan  over a year ago

hull

nuge nuge wink wink say no more,

I like them, I don't consider them lazy one bit, they are a part of the site so we should expect they will be used.

I imagine people use them for many reasons, one reason is that not everyone is entirely honest on their profiles, so if you nearly fit someone's criteria then a wink to draw attention to your profile is good, then they can wink back to show they may be interested which gives you the option of messaging, see, not lazy at all.

I think sometimes we are all a little guilty of forgetting why we are all here.

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

We agree with Shaga-wayne, above, they are a light-hearted way of expressing interest. One of our best experiences started as a wink.

"We agree with Shaga-wayne, above, they are a light-hearted way of expressing interest. One of our best experiences started as a wink. "

Damn and blast, you sussed it was me.

I forgot which profile I was on.

We also like them and find them to be a nice litle ice breaker and a harmless way to have a little flirt.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

If anyone doesn't want their winks - can they please send some to me...

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"From reading forums there seems to be a lot of people who compose specific messages addressed to the profile they are responding to....and see their message deleted, some of us now regard winks as a way of saying "interested" and up to the person wink sent to respond. If they don't respond then someone hasn't spent time crafting a message. Don't believe they are blockable...why not take them as a compliment? "

yes!, surely they are a compliment?,many single guys will send a wink to a couple on here and if the couple respond by winking back it is followed up by a lengthy message.

most single guys messages seem to get deleted without being read by single females and couples so the wink saves us the hassle of writing a message that will not be read and just deleted at source!.

it has nothing to do with being lazy as some ignorant people have dared to suggest at all!.

i find them rather pointless, sure some people may see the benefit of them it's a personal thing, I never even look at them, after a month or so I delete them all,I'm not being not ignorant, I even put on my profile I don't look at them, just proves people don't read my profile

"i find them rather pointless, sure some people may see the benefit of them it's a personal thing, I never even look at them, after a month or so I delete them all,I'm not being not ignorant, I even put on my profile I don't look at them, just proves people don't read my profile "

I quite agree it's a personal choice, I don't see the point of them and delete them en masse about once a week - my choice. I certainly wouldn't dream of calling someone ignorant if they like them!!

As for forgetting why we're here as someone mentioned above?!! Erm no, again it's personal preference. Some people crave the attention from all and sundry, and appear to think life evolves around this site.

It doesn't for me. This is fantasy, fun, that's why I'm looking to play with a specific type of playmate...a wink from an 18 year old in Cardiff does not float my boat or make me want to look at his profile.

But that's just little old me!

"i find them rather pointless, sure some people may see the benefit of them it's a personal thing, I never even look at them, after a month or so I delete them all,I'm not being not ignorant, I even put on my profile I don't look at them, just proves people don't read my profile

I quite agree it's a personal choice, I don't see the point of them and delete them en masse about once a week - my choice. I certainly wouldn't dream of calling someone ignorant if they like them!!

As for forgetting why we're here as someone mentioned above?!! Erm no, again it's personal preference. Some people crave the attention from all and sundry, and appear to think life evolves around this site.

It doesn't for me. This is fantasy, fun, that's why I'm looking to play with a specific type of playmate...a wink from an 18 year old in Cardiff does not float my boat or make me want to look at his profile.

But that's just little old me! "

oo oo, that was me that commented on sometimes we forget why we are here.

I mean, we're here for fun and friendship (or at least I am), but sometimes take things a little too serious or the slightest thing offensive is all.

a wink is exactly what it says on the cover a wink.............. simples!!!!!!!!!Be glad you get them, shows someone is interested in you!!!!!!!!

» Add a new message to this topic