FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > My profile...

My profile...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all,

I'm posting this even though I know I could simply be opening myself to abuse, but I wondered if anyone would take a look at my profile and give me any pointers as to things I might want to change to make it more appealing.

I've been on here a while, and whilst I've had a few interested people, I've not had a meet, and although I always try to make an effort when I send a message (don't copy and paste, attach a face pic and only write to people who I think may be interested in me by what they've said on their profile, etc.) I've had nothing but deleted messages and blocked profiles in response..

Now I know I'm not going to be everybody's cup of tea and that's fine, but I do think I'm batting below my average at the moment, so (other than putting my face on my profile) I'm open to suggestions...

Thanks in advance!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/07/10 18:24:48]

Without trying to comment overall, I find it very confusing that you are listed as a single male but appear to talk as if you are a couple?

Edited.

Ok now I see you are also a couple but also listing as a single male. I still think it's confusing though. I think I'd be wondering why you were playing as single.

I know i'm not being overly clear, I just get a vibe from it, something not quite right.

Yes, I understand, I am part of a couple, we have a profile on here (MandL1970), but we each have a profile individually for meeting separately....

I can see why that might be confusing or off-putting, but I'm not sure it would be fair to have the profile and not make reference to the fact that I am part of a couple, so perhaps I need to find a better way to put it across?

Maybe if you put something like "Also part of a couple (link url) if thats your thing, but we both play apart also with the full knowledge of the other". Nice and clear and upfront.

Also, if it were us, I wouldn't go on about how wonderful my wife is, in my single profile. She may well be, but if you came to play, I'd be concerned you'd talk about her all night, and compare us.

OK, have changed that wording somewhat to be a little clearer...

And take on board your point about talking about her!

Forum Mod

Ive just had a read and obviously you'be change some of it since you first asked for advice

The only thing I can comment on is your status,Personally when I see a negative status I find it off putting

Your status is the first thing people will see on a search,you don't want to put people off before they have a chance to read your profile

Good luck

True, and I've cleared that status now. That said, I've not normally got a negative there so I don't think I can put my lack of success down to that!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

What's your wife's opinion?

She knows you best - does she think your profile is representative?

She thought it was fine, but then we live together and are obviously in tune, so that's probably not too surprising..

Noooo way, you're M&L! lol.

I've chatted with your couples profile on the joint one I have with my swing partner and I've chatted with you on my single one. Never made the connection before

Hi!

LOL, I was confused when we got messages from your different profiles, but didn't realise we'd caused the same confusion with you!

So when are we going to get together then??

I had no clue it was you LOL.

Not seen Dicky for ages, hence that profile being quiet. He's just too busy at the moment so swinging is naturally taking a back-seat.

We will have to sort something when he's available again though... we've waited long enough hehe xxx

Couldn't agree more (both about waiting long enough and about it having to take a back seat when we're busy!)...

xx

» Add a new message to this topic