FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Ladies struggle with hold ups ??

Ladies struggle with hold ups ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me that finds that hols ups roll down as the evening goes on?? !! Am I buying crap ones/ wrong size? Any advice or recommendations welcome!! Thanks. K

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Could be either of those things...

I find M&S to be the best.

Dont use moisturiser on your thighs before youre going to wear them and sometimes slightly dampening your thighs before you put them on (with water ) can help them stay up

By *C69Man  over a year ago

Nr Doncaster

Very true

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

I gave up with hold ups for that exact reason. Doing the orphan Annie look is so not good.

Good luck

By *ucyhenry69Couple  over a year ago

Hampton

I have the same problem.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always wet the tops of them before put them on.they tend to stay up ok then.they dry fast

"Is it just me that finds that hols ups roll down as the evening goes on?? !! Am I buying crap ones/ wrong size? Any advice or recommendations welcome!! Thanks. K"

Well a bit of both really and Ive tried a few different brands. The M+S are pretty good, best are Trasparenze. Ive never felt they were on their way down and of course if its a sale and a bit of luxury Wolford. Apart from that Tesco..I got a rash from the bands, ASDA..didnt even stay up past the front door.

xxx

M&s ones are good but find primark ones are fab for the money, they do stay up, I'm not large but always get large ones from there,never had a problem.

The ones I steer clear of are supermarket ones, asda and Tesco are poor value for money

, they are crap xx

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

"I always wet the tops of them before put them on.they tend to stay up ok then.they dry fast"

Oops, I shall try that then and you know why I might look like OA at Eurekas then

By *overs14Couple  over a year ago

norwich

I bought some from Ann Summers that stayed up well. But they were quite expensive.

Thank ladies, will try the water tip and M&S I think!!!

The things we do......!! Lol x

M & S and Boots are my favourites. They stay on and last more than once...well depending on what I get up to!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I bought some from Ann Summers that stayed up well. But they were quite expensive. "

I find their fishnet ones are ok but Im not too keen on the normal ones

m&s are the best can cost about £5 but stay up all the time for me

Still swear by primark ones they are best that I have tried and they stay up after one wear x

M and s are good but they don't always stay up for me. Primark are good too but they are thicker than I like but great value for money

By *himaeraWoman  over a year ago

near derby.

M & S are good, wolford are really good but expensive, although they last for ages and go in the washing machine!

"M&s ones are good but find primark ones are fab for the money, they do stay up, I'm not large but always get large ones from there,never had a problem.

The ones I steer clear of are supermarket ones, asda and Tesco are poor value for money

, they are crap xx"

ill second the primark ones £2.50 lol and stayed up all night bought loads now!! i paid £18.00 for pair from lasenza had them on two minutes before they started rolling down my legs nightmare lol x

I find Primark ones are the best for staying put all night although they're thicker ...Ann summers are good too but expensive ... but you can buy a product off eBay to help holdups hold up !!..its in a little roller bottle and gymnastics use it to keep leotards in place its called stick ups or something along those lines. .you put your holdups on and roll on the tacky glue like stuff on your legs and stick the hold up down ..Google it x

Staysput ...that's the name sorry xx

[Removed by poster at 03/09/14 23:40:16]

"I always wet the tops of them before put them on.they tend to stay up ok then.they dry fast

Oops, I shall try that then and you know why I might look like OA at Eurekas then "

I shall say hi nora batty never seen you in stockings, only pokadot bekini bottoms

By *aucy MikeCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Staysput ...that's the name sorry xx"

Thanks! Will try some of that. Sx

Will check out the stays put !!

"Is it just me that finds that hols ups roll down as the evening goes on?? !! Am I buying crap ones/ wrong size? Any advice or recommendations welcome!! Thanks. K"
haha. Wore them on a night out once and by the end they were around my ankles in the middle of town. Gave up after that x

M&s and mine have never rolled down even with moisturised thighs. The right size is important, if they are too short or too tight then this is more likely to happen. £5 a go though and they rarely last more than a couple of wears. Can you imagine a man throwing a pair of socks away after wearing them twice? Rhett has to have his heels hanging out of his before they go in the bin!

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

The best ones I have found are a french brand called Dim up they are fantastic and don't budge at all.

M&S are also very good.

By *oxy lady 1Couple  over a year ago

oxford

I have the same problem, I find Sainsburys own brand are great, they don't roll down , and M & S ones are good

XxxxxX

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

I swear by M&S ones. Wear them more than twice and they go in the washing machine. Never had a problem

By *rs dinglesCouple  over a year ago

lybster

Tescos I use just buy size of your legs they stay up available in s m l xl too I get no problems at all

By *anetandNickCouple  over a year ago

Ross-on-Wye

Now you all know what's up when you see me strolling down the High Street, stopping in every other shop doorway and fiddling around under my skirt...

Janet

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

I'm a medium and find the small in primark do me best.

M&s feel a little nicer but they always roll fown on me. Primark has changed the design on theirs and now has more of that plastic stuff

"M&s ones are good but find primark ones are fab for the money, they do stay up, I'm not large but always get large ones from there,never had a problem.

, they are crap xx"

Have to agree primark hold ups are the best . A perfect fit too

My thighs are too fat for hold ups. They are forever rolling down. Haven't found any yet that stay up.

The size is all important, if they're too short they're always going to be too low on your thigh and under strain. UK tights, Levant, have a pretty accurate size guide and range. Seem to stay up OK and quite durable. Not the cheapest though, round the £10 mark.

By *onnoisseur100Man  over a year ago

Woking-ish

"Thank ladies, will try the water tip and M&S I think!!!

The things we do......!! Lol x"

Ah but we do appreciate both the effort and the effect........

Thank you ladies.

"Still swear by primark ones they are best that I have tried and they stay up after one wear x"

Completely agree Primark are great even after quite a few washes

Mine never stay up thought it was my fat thighs lol

"Still swear by primark ones they are best that I have tried and they stay up after one wear x"

I'd agree that length is all important, though I never have a problem with them rolling down…must have sticky legs!!

I gave up on holdups in the end, too many bad experiences of having to pull them up and ripping holes in them. I swear by stockings with suspenders, no problem with them rolling down and my Mr loves the straps...

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

They are the bane of my life as it seems i spend half my life adjusting them for girls inbetween shots lol, suspenders are the other thing lol as its fun undoing them but constantly having to do them up for someone is a pain.

Don't undo them then, you put your suspenders on first then your knickers so you can take your undies off without interfering with the suspenders.

If you're wearing knickers that is

Those Primark ones with stripey tops are great.. even on my chunky (ok, ok FAT) thighs

"My thighs are too fat for hold ups. They are forever rolling down. Haven't found any yet that stay up."

Primark stripey tops. Why d'ya tjink you see em in so many pics on ere? They stay put. When I was three stone heavier they fit and were great. Very comfy! !!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I got two pairs of hold ups from ebay and they are awesome. Long enough, never budge, even during the most strenuous of evenings, and I've worn and washed them multiple times without a ladder or hole.

I always buy M&S hold ups they are, in my opinion the best

cant wear primark ones, even the large size are to small for me

ive got large legs - dont like stockings really but got some for the pics - tried a larger size but found the longer ones were just better

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Stockings HQ is great, I struggled getting one's to fit the petite lady and they do loads of different sizes, and lots of unusual and very pretty designs, I will be sticking with them

M&S are the best ones i find

Any ladies who want to see what works best for them either holdups or stockings and suspender belt, just get in touch and will happily test drive them in them

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

"Any ladies who want to see what works best for them either holdups or stockings and suspender belt, just get in touch and will happily test drive them in them "

Bit trick as you are up north and I am down south

"Any ladies who want to see what works best for them either holdups or stockings and suspender belt, just get in touch and will happily test drive them in them

Bit trick as you are up north and I am down south "

Its a tricky situation for sure

By *oonshadowsCouple  over a year ago

Lytham St Annes

Stockings HQ are brilliant for choice and they sell the stay up glue - works great but can leave a black mark

Find brands that fit you well, don't use moisturiser and also don't use fabric softener in the wash! Xx

I'm a lover if hold ups as stockings are never long enough to reach the suspenders for me xx

» Add a new message to this topic