FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocked! Did I breach Fab etiquette?

Blocked! Did I breach Fab etiquette?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyBoyLancs OP   Man  over a year ago

Lancs

I just got a message out of the blue from the fem of a couple, asking if I had a face pic. I replied, saying I have one in my private gallery. She deleted the reply and blocked me - shame, as I had just seen their profile and was interested!

Why the sudden change of heart?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

well I suppose if she saw the photo you weren't her type or you didn't jump at the chance to reply with the photo attached, you got blocked

who knows!

I think it's possible that because you didn't actually respond WITH your face pic, they chose not to bother continuing.

It is completely their right to do so, but you will find that the single guy has to do far more work than the cpls do so to have to chase you further may have been deemed a waste of their time.

Other than that mate..no idea

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I think she was asking you to send her one and as you replied without one attached she lost interest immediately.

"I just got a message out of the blue from the fem of a couple, asking if I had a face pic. I replied, saying I have one in my private gallery. She deleted the reply and blocked me - shame, as I had just seen their profile and was interested!

Why the sudden change of heart?"

We members of fabs can do many things however mind reading is not one of them. Unless the person who blocked tells you then your up shit creek as we can merely speculate

She did not like your face pic?

She wanted you to send it instantly with your reply?

She might know you and got in a panic?

You will never know now so just move on.

Lancs

She only asked if I had a photo - she didn't specifically ask me to send it - I just wasn't sure why she immediately blocked me. It seems a bit drastic.

Lancs

"She did not like your face pic?

She wanted you to send it instantly with your reply?

She might know you and got in a panic?

You will never know now so just move on."

I'll have to move on - she blocked me!

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"She only asked if I had a photo - she didn't specifically ask me to send it - I just wasn't sure why she immediately blocked me. It seems a bit drastic."

I can't imagine she was just asking out of curiousity. Lol. Yeah bit drastic maybe but what's done is done.

she was another one with her head stuck so far up her own arse she could not be bothered to use a little politeness and just say "sorry not my type" or similar. women have the power to be ignorant because they have the one thing use guys want PUSSY!!!

That's the kind of attitude you find on (FAB).

"she was another one with her head stuck so far up her own arse she could not be bothered to use a little politeness and just say "sorry not my type" or similar. women have the power to be ignorant because they have the one thing use guys want PUSSY!!!"

Women only have that power if you are willing to go to any lengths to get the PUSSY

Lancs

"That's the kind of attitude you find on (FAB)."

I suppose if she has a very changeable attitude, it might be better to be blocked than to meet up!

In answer to your question, yes you probably did breach the unwritten rules of Fab.

It's a free market economy out there, when there's so much supply the buyers have the power to dictate their terms and can choose to move on if the supplier does not meet what they want. They will soon find someone who does.

In this case it sounds fairly clear cut to me that this was a request to see a pic.

You actually provided a factual answer to their question, but they wanted more.

To them, you've just added another tier of bureaucracy for them so they moved on.

Take it on the chin, move on and put it down to experience

"she was another one with her head stuck so far up her own arse she could not be bothered to use a little politeness and just say "sorry not my type" or similar. women have the power to be ignorant because they have the one thing use guys want PUSSY!!!

Women only have that power if you are willing to go to any lengths to get the PUSSY

"

Agreed

In future,take the question "Do you have a face pic?" as "I'd like you to send me a face pic"!

Their reaction was way OTT,but you're better off not being involved with people like that anyway!

Learn the lesson and move on...

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"she was another one with her head stuck so far up her own arse she could not be bothered to use a little politeness and just say "sorry not my type" or similar. women have the power to be ignorant because they have the one thing use guys want PUSSY!!!

Agreed "

Hmm. You just agreed with what you posted a few minutes ago!

A polite reply from a woman or couple as often as not leads to unwelcome and sometimes abusive messages so I'm not surprised that many do not reply which is not being ignorant at all...See the thousands of threads and postings on here that point that out.

I personally find all this 'single guys have to work their arses off to even get a reply' really strange.

We always reply to a message and in 9 months only ever blocked 1 guy and that was because he got nasty !

I do feel for single guys on here as they don't seem to get a fair chance

"

Well said that man

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

"In future,take the question "Do you have a face pic?" as "I'd like you to send me a face pic"!

Their reaction was way OTT,but you're better off not being involved with people like that anyway!

Learn the lesson and move on..."

It could have carried on like this:

May I see your face pic?

Yes (no pic attached)

Thank you,can you show me then please?

Ok (still no pic)

Ok,shall I friend request you then?

Ok

You become friends,she doesn't feel any attraction,you have a wank over her pics and she feels used

Just a little light hearted outlook on Fab life people

"she was another one with her head stuck so far up her own arse she could not be bothered to use a little politeness and just say "sorry not my type" or similar. women have the power to be ignorant because they have the one thing use guys want PUSSY!!!"

And its comments like that why it is far easier to block! Do you realise how many times we'd have to say not my type and how much abuse that brings with it?

Im far from ignorant and would rather spend my time replying to those that do float my boat rather than those that dont

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

there is nothing ignorant about not replying, check out site rules, and 1000's of threads on the subject, also to many people view the block button as a weapon, it is merely a tool to be used like any other that the site provides.

Lancs

And its comments like that why it is far easier to block! Do you realise how many times we'd have to say not my type and how much abuse that brings with it?

Im far from ignorant and would rather spend my time replying to those that do float my boat rather than those that dont"

I would never respond to anyone with abuse, but I see how the small vociferous minority spoil it for the rest.

Im far from ignorant and would rather spend my time replying to those that do float my boat rather than those that dont

I would never respond to anyone with abuse, but I see how the small vociferous minority spoil it for the rest. "

Just in further response to the "ignorance" tilt of topic.

It may not be deemed ignorant to not respond to your barrage of messages as a recipient, but for those who make the (sometimes nervous) effort to make contact, it feels ignorant to be ignored.

Now once again I fully appreciate the stance that you get too many messages and can't/won't respond, but a little sympathy for those who get declined through being ignored (notice how I'm trying not to say ignorance) wouldn't go amiss.

I've learnt to be pragmatic about it.

It's largely a game on here and we all kinda know the rules.Single men do have to work harder to get through,but then there are so many of us.The couples/females get loads of messages.Sometimes they could deal with things better,but,guys could too at times.

The genuine people will always succeed though,so if you're genuine,you'll be fine.

Just don't take anything too seriously or to heart...

"I've learnt to be pragmatic about it.

It's largely a game on here and we all kinda know the rules.Single men do have to work harder to get through,but then there are so many of us.The couples/females get loads of messages.Sometimes they could deal with things better,but,guys could too at times.

The genuine people will always succeed though,so if you're genuine,you'll be fine.

Just don't take anything too seriously or to heart... "

It put wrong smiley on,it was meant to be

sunderland

"Just in further response to the "ignorance" tilt of topic.

It may not be deemed ignorant to not respond to your barrage of messages as a recipient, but for those who make the (sometimes nervous) effort to make contact, it feels ignorant to be ignored.

Now once again I fully appreciate the stance that you get too many messages and can't/won't respond, but a little sympathy for those who get declined through being ignored (notice how I'm trying not to say ignorance) wouldn't go amiss. "

I dont take a stance of "I get to much mail to reply to all of it", there are many reasons why people dont reply to every mail they get on here, but generally the ones who complain about not getting a reply would do better loseing the sense of entitlement and working out for themselves why they never got a reply, instead of simply crying that everyones ignorant, many times with us, the sender thinks he matches what we are looking for but doesnt, we are already chatting with others, we arent gonna waste our time with someone we have no intention of meeting and think its better they save there time aswell.

Another angle, we log on, we want to check messages, go on the forums whatever else, say we have 15 messages, we scan them and check the profiles ofthe ones that interest us before replying, ignoring/deleting the rest, similarly, we decide we want pizza, we have 5 different menus posted throughour door, we choose 1 and order, we dont ring the other 4 and say no thanks, we simply ignore them.

Agreed

Hmm. You just agreed with what you posted a few minutes ago!

A polite reply from a woman or couple as often as not leads to unwelcome and sometimes abusive messages so I'm not surprised that many do not reply which is not being ignorant at all...See the thousands of threads and postings on here that point that out."

I cannot understand why people need to be rude. I do feel sorry for those who are under a barrage of abuse.

I always accept a polite no. and if anyone does not reply I do not persist. I also do not mean to offend. I realise what rights people have, including rights to be treated properly, male, female or couples.

if the term on people having their heads stuck up their arses causes some upset. Then they need to pull it out and wash their hair. yes we all know he guilty ones

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

Just don't take anything too seriously or to heart... "

I quite agree with this.

There is no point in griping about unanswered or ignored messages, and pleas on the forum to have a little more sympathy with single guys won't alter the way things are. Sometimes the message gets through, gets read and gets a reply, and sometimes it doesn't.

Moaning does absolutely no good at all.

Its their loss, plenty of other horny women lol.

Just don't take anything too seriously or to heart...

I quite agree with this.

There is no point in griping about unanswered or ignored messages, and pleas on the forum to have a little more sympathy with single guys won't alter the way things are. Sometimes the message gets through, gets read and gets a reply, and sometimes it doesn't.

Moaning does absolutely no good at all."

Agreed, it is just a case of everyone should have more understanding. and who really gives a damn anyway. it is what it is!!!

That said. Who fancies a fuck????

Im far from ignorant and would rather spend my time replying to those that do float my boat rather than those that dont"

Far easier to assume you will be blocked, then if you are not, it is a good start. Bearing in mind the 100:1 ratio men to women, the fact you got a reply is brilliant.

If it didn't go your way, that is life on fab!

"Its their loss, plenty of other horny women lol."

not that much in need of a bit of playful fun. they either want me or they don't.

"She only asked if I had a photo - she didn't specifically ask me to send it - I just wasn't sure why she immediately blocked me. It seems a bit drastic."

Maybe not, but it is what she meant.

If someone asks if you have a face pic, they are not simply trying to establish the existance of one.

Think about it for a moment.

You're interested in a meet.

She asks if you have a face pic (because she wants to know what you look like)

You reply saying it's in private pics but don't actually send it

I think anyone receiving that message would think you were being sarcastic - or worse still that you were a time waster.

I always send a face pic with my first message - this isn't blind date you know.

Blimey slow down

He didn't even send her a face pic anyway

She obviously expected you to reply with a face pic,

she maybe gets a lot of guys that are reluctant to send one, and telling her you have one in private gallery, may sound like you are after adding her as a friend, to have a look at her private pics, harsh maybe, but understandable.

There again, if you passed a homeless person in the street, and they asked "have you any spare change" you wouldn't reply, "yes, it's in my pocket".

Blimey slow down

OK

He didn't even send her a face pic anyway "

By *occosboysCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Lancaster

Look at it from her perspective she wants to know what you look like. You replied saying well be my friend then and she's just thought timewaster move on- block

The best rule to follow us face pic on your first message or put it on public

As a single guy you have 99 other guys chasing that fem you want....

Block just means not interested. You might well have got the same even if you had attached your pic unless you are very good looking...

By *ark NoirMan  over a year ago

London

I'm sure everyone(not just women/couples) block for all sorts of reasons some are completely daft while some are understandable.

You'll just have to learn from it mate. I was blocked recently for making joke that was taken the wrong way, I know not that I might I need to filter my jokes

As a couple ourselves Weve never seen the need to block someone because we aren't interested or didn't like that pic !! it's just totally unnecessary

We would only block if they were rude, nasty or kept constantly messaging us without response and that's only been a couple so far

"I'm sure everyone(not just women/couples) block for all sorts of reasons some are completely daft while some are understandable.

You'll just have to learn from it mate. I was blocked recently for making joke that was taken the wrong way, I know not that I might I need to filter my jokes "

Or maybe it was a terrible joke?!

If we get a message from someone and they clearly havent read our profile then I think "you havent made the effort to read our profile so im not going to make the effort to reply"

If it seems they have read our profile but arent our type then I respond with something like "sorry not our type but happy to chat"

If we get several "can we fuck" "suck my dick" "can we meet" messaged then I block them.

Miss Jay

Maybe she knows you........we have had that..

London

"I'm sure everyone(not just women/couples) block for all sorts of reasons some are completely daft while some are understandable.

You'll just have to learn from it mate. I was blocked recently for making joke that was taken the wrong way, I know not that I might I need to filter my jokes

Or maybe it was a terrible joke?! "

LOL! Probably that, though my jokes are impeccable

LOL! Probably that, though my jokes are impeccable "

Of course

Tell us one now...

The simple truth is you cant please rveryone all the time and we will all upset some people on here at some point either intentionally or by accident.

Some guys ruin it for others as they dont read profiles and just send mails like want a fuck now. And moan when the mail is deleted stating were rude for not replying.

Some women on here are not nice. Having so many men crawling slimeily all over them when if outside fabs many wouldnt get a second look gives them a superior attitude.

Some couples get to believe they are the best thing ever and feel others should be grateful if invited into their clique.

But all this is part of human nature and it will carry on no matter how much we moan.

The great thing about fabs is the more you become involved with the forums you will find and discuss things with some lovely level headed individuals that enable you to view things from a different perspective if you allow them to and luckily there are more good people than idiots and long may that continue.

London

"The simple truth is you cant please rveryone all the time and we will all upset some people on here at some point either intentionally or by accident.

Some guys ruin it for others as they dont read profiles and just send mails like want a fuck now. And moan when the mail is deleted stating were rude for not replying.

Some women on here are not nice. Having so many men crawling slimeily all over them when if outside fabs many wouldnt get a second look gives them a superior attitude.

Some couples get to believe they are the best thing ever and feel others should be grateful if invited into their clique.

But all this is part of human nature and it will carry on no matter how much we moan.

The great thing about fabs is the more you become involved with the forums you will find and discuss things with some lovely level headed individuals that enable you to view things from a different perspective if you allow them to and luckily there are more good people than idiots and long may that continue."

Nailed it! Brilliant post.

"She obviously expected you to reply with a face pic,

she maybe gets a lot of guys that are reluctant to send one, and telling her you have one in private gallery, may sound like you are after adding her as a friend, to have a look at her private pics, harsh maybe, but understandable.

There again, if you passed a homeless person in the street, and they asked "have you any spare change" you wouldn't reply, "yes, it's in my pocket"."

Exactly.

I suspect that if you had sent her the pic instead of confirming you had one, you wouldn't have been blocked - even if you weren't her type.

London

Of course

Tell us one now... "

To save myself the embarrassment and more controversy I'll politely decline your request

Of course

Tell us one now...

To save myself the embarrassment and more controversy I'll politely decline your request "

Probably a wise choice!

no she didn't have her head stuck up her own arse she has a right to block and she didn't see the face pic so no need to reply

I think I would of gone bugger u then if I had asked if you had a face pic and u responded with that.

Have you got a face pic is obv can I see a face pic

Your reply would mean that 1)you can't be bothered

2) you wanted access to her private pics

3) that she would have to go to the effort to request you as a friend just to get a pic and you may not be here type

4) I would be suspicious at you not willing to show your face pic without the rigmarole

And there are hundreds of men to woman on here if a man replied like that I would think nether mind I'll delete him and move on to the next

By *oonshadowsCouple  over a year ago

Lytham St Annes

We've always used blocking very sparingly for those who we're rude or obnoxious but reading through the above and considering the number of guys who message every couple of weeks forgetting that we swapped messages a few weeks earlier and we wouldn't offer what they wanted, I am starting to see the usefulness of blocking as an additional filtering system rather than a judgement against someone xx

perhaps she could have sent a "lol..I meant send one"..

some people take fab far too seriously...that IS one of the sites greatest problems...and thats nothing the site can change.

"perhaps she could have sent a "lol..I meant send one"..

some people take fab far too seriously...that IS one of the sites greatest problems...and thats nothing the site can change."

some people take fab far too seriously...that IS one of the sites greatest problems...and thats nothing the site can change."

But why should she?! If he couldn't be bothered why would she bother chasing I know I wouldn't

some people take fab far too seriously...that IS one of the sites greatest problems...and thats nothing the site can change.

But why should she?! If he couldn't be bothered why would she bother chasing I know I wouldn't "

if she's chasing that seriously after one email...I wouldnt give a fuck if she had blocked me...

I'm not one of those guys that gets annoyed by unread/deletedmail/blocks...but most of the time..you see these profiles with no real patience or sense of fun crop up over and over again..in the 8years or so on fab..I've realized theres arseholes I havent met...and quite gladly, and this comes from how theyve came across in one or two messages of the initial chat.

I can see the opposite of this thread if a female or couple had posted to be honest..so I'm gonna side with the OP and say her response was arseholic

I'll have to add the story reads , she sent a mail asking for a pic..now its common decency for a first message to include a pic is it not...or is that only for us single guys???

"I'll have to add the story reads , she sent a mail asking for a pic..now its common decency for a first message to include a pic is it not...or is that only for us single guys??? "

We don't and I don't expect guys to either ! Just a few messages first then swap pics if meeting is on the cards !

We don't show face pics to everyone but if were going to meet then of course x

But why should she?! If he couldn't be bothered why would she bother chasing I know I wouldn't "

Ignore further yes but why block ?

It's completely unnecessary and shows arrogance that isn't needed IMO.

Most people on here are decent so why treat everyone like a arse ?

Anyway, a first message asking for a face pic, is no way to start a conversation regardless of who is asking!

Unless I'm mistaken and the initial message was friendly....

Seems a bit weird that she said 'have you got a photo' and you didn't take that as a request to send it?!

"She only asked if I had a photo - she didn't specifically ask me to send it - I just wasn't sure why she immediately blocked me. It seems a bit drastic.

Seems a bit weird that she said 'have you got a photo' and you didn't take that as a request to send it?!"

If I sent u the message, "have you a face pic?" With nothing else added, what would you do? Send one?

Blimey slow down

OK

He didn't even send her a face pic anyway "

Of course it was the woman's fault that the OP didnt have the common sense to interpret that her question meant im interested send me a face pic. Christ some people need spoon feeding!

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"I think I would of gone bugger u then if I had asked if you had a face pic and u responded with that.

Have you got a face pic is obv can I see a face pic

Your reply would mean that 1)you can't be bothered

2) you wanted access to her private pics

3) that she would have to go to the effort to request you as a friend just to get a pic and you may not be here type

4) I would be suspicious at you not willing to show your face pic without the rigmarole

And there are hundreds of men to woman on here if a man replied like that I would think nether mind I'll delete him and move on to the next"

"She only asked if I had a photo - she didn't specifically ask me to send it - I just wasn't sure why she immediately blocked me. It seems a bit drastic.

Seems a bit weird that she said 'have you got a photo' and you didn't take that as a request to send it?!

If I sent u the message, "have you a face pic?" With nothing else added, what would you do? Send one?"

Perhaps it might be an interesting experiment to send a similar face pic request to those in this thread who've expressed the view that the OP should have sent it - just to see what happens.

sunderland

"I'll have to add the story reads , she sent a mail asking for a pic..now its common decency for a first message to include a pic is it not...or is that only for us single guys??? "

if you mail someone 1st with a view to a meet, it should be common decency to attach a face pic, so the recipient can see who it is asking, since from the ops side of the story that doesnt seemed to have happened here, the person has requested a face pic from op, but the person has simply quickly made up there minds and decided to block so there is no further contact.

sunderland

But why should she?! If he couldn't be bothered why would she bother chasing I know I wouldn't

Most people on here are decent so why treat everyone like a arse ?"

again, the block button is not a weapon its a tool, so the sender of that message probably decided he wasnt what they were looking for and blocked to save any further contact.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

. drastic - this is fab and that's not drastic by fab standards. You were expected to predict what was desired and deliver. When females and couples get so much email it helps to think ahead and minimize it.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Now once again I fully appreciate the stance that you get too many messages and can't/won't respond, but a little sympathy for those who get declined through being ignored (notice how I'm trying not to say ignorance) wouldn't go amiss. "

My profile makes it clear the type of man I'm looking for. To further be of assistance I state I'll not respond to anyone outwith what I'm looking for.

If someone wants to waste their time Contacting me, knowing they're not what I'm looking for I could give a fuck for their feelings as they don't have any for mine.

London

"If we get a message from someone and they clearly havent read our profile then I think "you havent made the effort to read our profile so im not going to make the effort to reply"

If it seems they have read our profile but arent our type then I respond with something like "sorry not our type but happy to chat"

If we get several "can we fuck" "suck my dick" "can we meet" messaged then I block them.

Miss Jay"

London

Most people on here are decent so why treat everyone like a arse ?

again, the block button is not a weapon its a tool, so the sender of that message probably decided he wasnt what they were looking for and blocked to save any further contact."

I don't get why people see the block button as a weapon. I use it as a filter, even more so now I'm no longer a site supporter.

Now once again I fully appreciate the stance that you get too many messages and can't/won't respond, but a little sympathy for those who get declined through being ignored (notice how I'm trying not to say ignorance) wouldn't go amiss.

My profile makes it clear the type of man I'm looking for. To further be of assistance I state I'll not respond to anyone outwith what I'm looking for.

If someone wants to waste their time Contacting me, knowing they're not what I'm looking for I could give a fuck for their feelings as they don't have any for mine."

No offence but this is Perfect example of the arrogance I talk of.

We get loads of messages off unsuitable guys but we don't automatically block.

Call me old fashioned but I just see blocking people as rude and arrogant when they haven't done anything wrong.

[Removed by poster at 12/09/14 11:59:53]

sunderland

If someone wants to waste their time Contacting me, knowing they're not what I'm looking for I could give a fuck for their feelings as they don't have any for mine.

Call me old fashioned but I just see blocking people as rude and arrogant when they haven't done anything wrong. "

its not a weapon, its not about doing anything wrong, or been rude or arrogant, its simply a filter that many use as its intended, someone theres never going to be any kind of meet with for whatever reason contacts you, to save that person forgetting and contacting again in a weeks time or a month, you block them to save everybodys time, its a very simple tool that a lot of people use as a filter.

We also use it as a filter

And as for the comment about messaging everyone on here well that's a sure fire way to get blocked.

Call me old fashioned but I just see blocking people as rude and arrogant when they haven't done anything wrong.

its not a weapon, its not about doing anything wrong, or been rude or arrogant, its simply a filter that many use as its intended, someone theres never going to be any kind of meet with for whatever reason contacts you, to save that person forgetting and contacting again in a weeks time or a month, you block them to save everybodys time, its a very simple tool that a lot of people use as a filter."

We mainly use blocking as a filtering tool it's easier for us

"

We mainly use blocking as a filtering tool it's easier for us "

Each to their own I guess but blocking we feel is drastic because if anyone blocked us (which I don't believe has happened so far) and we didn't do anything wrong I'd want to know why

Must be too sensitive lol

"

We mainly use blocking as a filtering tool it's easier for us

Each to their own I guess but blocking we feel is drastic because if anyone blocked us (which I don't believe has happened so far) and we didn't do anything wrong I'd want to know why

Must be too sensitive lol

"

We use it for example if we've messaged someone and they weren't interested to save us from messaging them again and visa versa, also if we've met people at clubs and parties and not for us we block and obnoxious people we tend to block also

By *oveSlutForUseCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

No offence but if you couldn't read "do you have a face pic" as "please send a face pic", we'd block you as well.

By *oveSlutForUseCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"

Call me old fashioned but I just see blocking people as rude and arrogant when they haven't done anything wrong. "

Let's think this through, shall we?

Why is it rude and arrogant?

Let's use some perspective. Blocking someone ensure you won't hear from them again. You may have noticed - we sure have - that declining to meet someone without a block means they'll invaribly try their luck again down the line. No, does not mean No. That's not good.

Blocking is final. We don't want to meet you, and we don't want to have to tell you a second or third time.

That's sensible, and useful, not rude and arrogant.

Blocking is a tool of the site. Many, myself included, use it as a filtering tool. So I am rude and arrogant for using the tools that the site give us to run my profile- my way? So be it! But I'll continue to use it. If that offends the more sensitive people on here that's not my problem. If people read profiles before hitting the send bitton they'd save themselves the grief of a block.

"

Let's think this through, shall we?

Why is it rude and arrogant?

Let's use some perspective. Blocking someone ensure you won't hear from them again. You may have noticed - we sure have - that declining to meet someone without a block means they'll invaribly try their luck again down the line. No, does not mean No. That's not good.

Blocking is final. We don't want to meet you, and we don't want to have to tell you a second or third time.

That's sensible, and useful, not rude and arrogant. "

As u say perspective.

Yes we have had a few who try their luck again in a few weeks if nothing happened on their first message but don't see it as a big deal just ignore it the next time.

Yes if someone is messaging all the time and not taking the hint fair enough

Some women and couples on here ( not saying yourself) are just so high and mighty I guess We find it not partic civil and not needed from our experience

Blocking is a tool of the site. Many, myself included, use it as a filtering tool. So I am rude and arrogant for using the tools that the site give us to run my profile- my way? So be it! But I'll continue to use it. If that offends the more sensitive people on here that's not my problem. If people read profiles before hitting the send bitton they'd save themselves the grief of a block."

But why do u need to offend people ?

It's not a competition and a requirement to exert power over others

We must be in the minority by not wanting to be blunt and possibly offend when it's not needed I guess

Blocking is a tool of the site. Many, myself included, use it as a filtering tool. So I am rude and arrogant for using the tools that the site give us to run my profile- my way? So be it! But I'll continue to use it. If that offends the more sensitive people on here that's not my problem. If people read profiles before hitting the send bitton they'd save themselves the grief of a block.

We must be in the minority by not wanting to be blunt and possibly offend when it's not needed I guess "

Why are you so offended that somebody doesn't want to meet you and blocks you so that they don't waste their time and yours? Are you really that sensitive? I think you are reading way too much into this and if you think that its about about power you are wrong. Its about managing the number of messages you get and using the site to meet people who you will be interested in. What would you do if you received an abusive message - block them or let them carry on abusing you?

We must be in the minority by not wanting to be blunt and possibly offend when it's not needed I guess

Why are you so offended that somebody doesn't want to meet you and blocks you so that they don't waste their time and yours? Are you really that sensitive? I think you are reading way too much into this and if you think that its about about power you are wrong. Its about managing the number of messages you get and using the site to meet people who you will be interested in. What would you do if you received an abusive message - block them or let them carry on abusing you? "

We get many many messages and only reply to a small number but don't feel the need to immediately block every person just in case they might deign to send us another message weeks later.

A message is just that. Easily deleted and forgotten about

I do think it's very much about power with some on here. You can tell that just by overall attitude at times.

Abuse is a different matter. In that case block and report immediately of course

Were all different I guess

By *asmanian TigerMan  over a year ago

lala land

Not all mate I couldn't care less

London

I think it arrogant for married men to contact me saying it's nsa what's my problem. If you have the time and inclination to get into conversation with people you have no interest in, good for you: I don't.

London

its not a weapon, its not about doing anything wrong, or been rude or arrogant, its simply a filter that many use as its intended, someone theres never going to be any kind of meet with for whatever reason contacts you, to save that person forgetting and contacting again in a weeks time or a month, you block them to save everybodys time, its a very simple tool that a lot of people use as a filter."

Simply: this!

sunderland

We must be in the minority by not wanting to be blunt and possibly offend when it's not needed I guess "

its not blunt, it should not offend, its nothing to do with power, its a tool that the site provides to use, if people get offended been blocked by a stranger, it stands to reason they are going to be similarly a little offended when told no thanks.

I think it arrogant for married men to contact me saying it's nsa what's my problem. If you have the time and inclination to get into conversation with people you have no interest in, good for you: I don't."

U aren't reading what I have written

We don't get into conversations we just don't automatically block every individual when they haven't done us any wrong

"

if people get offended been blocked by a stranger, it stands to reason they are going to be similarly a little offended when told no thanks."

How does that logic jump work ?

sunderland

I think it arrogant for married men to contact me saying it's nsa what's my problem. If you have the time and inclination to get into conversation with people you have no interest in, good for you: I don't.

U aren't reading what I have written

We don't get into conversations we just don't automatically block every individual when they haven't done us any wrong "

again its not a weapon.

sunderland

"

if people get offended been blocked by a stranger, it stands to reason they are going to be similarly a little offended when told no thanks.

How does that logic jump work ?

"

it isnt a logic jump, the block button is a tool on a website, if you are so easily offended that been blocked by a complete stranger on a website offends you, then it stands to reason that "easily offended" will filter through other things aswell, for eg, the people that complain its rude that a stranger dares not to reply to there message probably will be offended by been blocked aswell, notice I said probably, not stating it as fact, just from about 5 years on and off, seeing what people complain about on here what is linked together more often than not, those that reply nastily to no thanks often complain about been blocked for not been to someones tastes, those who complain its rude to not reply often complain about been blocked, thats where im coming from.

By *itTVlondonTV/TS  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 12/09/14 22:50:07]

» Add a new message to this topic