FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Friend with benefits naturally coming to an end

Friend with benefits naturally coming to an end

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Your thoughts and views appreciated, Over the years I have been fortunate enough to have a handful of Friends with benefits. which have naturally come to an end, for reasons such as moving away, one wanting a relationship or just fizzling out etc. Always been cool about it.

I have a fb that I think has run its course for her, strangely I feel sad about it. Has it happened to any of you and your thoughts. cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hopefully shes not on here..but im sure she would sense you drifting apart?

"Hopefully shes not on here..but im sure she would sense you drifting apart? "

No not on here. from another site i cannot name lol

By *utumnWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Yes has happened to me a few times and although I was pleased for the person/s and the new road they had chosen to take there were a couple of guys who I thought "Oh shucks, I'm really going to miss you!"

I was sad for a while but it fades and as one door closes another door opens and the good memories are always there!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I find it a little strange that you haven't felt a slight sadness about previous fb relationships coming to an end rather than odd that you feel a pang of regret this time.

"I find it a little strange that you haven't felt a slight sadness about previous fb relationships coming to an end rather than odd that you feel a pang of regret this time. "

I have naturally felt slight sadness on them all, due to the relative shortness in comparison to this fb over 2 years, feel more sad on this occasion. I am not a person that is uncaring and looking for loads of marks on the bed post.

yep happened last week, the only thing I've lost is the benefits, he's still my best friend and will still keep in contact and still see each other

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I have had this happen and it's sad but I have been happy for them, and still treasured experiences we have had.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It does happen and it's right to be open about things as it may mean it sparks new interest or allows someone to start looking around. Many reasons it happens and I have occasionally found less pleasure over time if it's too formulaic.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Sometimes it is the natural course of things and just needs taking as a change that can work out positive for you both in the long run.

There are new experiences and places to go and new friends to make, sometimes you have to accept and embrace a change.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I play with single guys, over the course of time they either mine away or settle down but that's the nature of the beast and yes I feel a pang of sadness when it happens

"I have had this happen and it's sad but I have been happy for them, and still treasured experiences we have had.

"

this

"I have had this happen and it's sad but I have been happy for them, and still treasured experiences we have had.

"

this

I've had a fwb for well over 2 years now and although we don't meet often neither of us want it to end completely. I know that I will be gutted when it does despite having met someone else already who is proving lots of fun.

NSA is all well and good but we are all still human.

By *mmie2014Man  over a year ago

London

"Your thoughts and views appreciated, Over the years I have been fortunate enough to have a handful of Friends with benefits. which have naturally come to an end, for reasons such as moving away, one wanting a relationship or just fizzling out etc. Always been cool about it.

I have a fb that I think has run its course for her, strangely I feel sad about it. Has it happened to any of you and your thoughts. cheers

"

It is sad, and it can hurt. But is better to have had it than not. The memories should help.

Never happened to me yet as I just meet once lol.

I've never been sad or upset about losing a regular partner. I have someone at the moment I thought I'd lost; I was quite happy for him,thinking he had met someone. I was wrong and he got back in touch after a long time

Yeh happened to me. Didn't end well and now I've lost a friend as well as the benefits. Miss the friend bit most but taught me to never confuse a fwb arrangement for a relationship.

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

FB memories are good.. keep them as such.

Be more upset when you have a marriage break down or a partner die.

Its all in the perspective

The gate is open.. go exploring.

I've never had a male friend with benefits... I can't see how it would work.. My only friends with benefits have been women.. The men are mainly fb rather then fwb... I view the two completely different but i would not be unhappy if i lost he benefits with my female friends; they would still be my friend and in my life

By *occosboysCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Lancaster

FBs more like an old fashioned affair

"FBs more like an old fashioned affair"

but as im not involved i ain't having an affair

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I had a very long term FB relationship that came to an end this year. He couldn't get his head around my swinging lifestyle (even though we met on another swingers site) and, after 8 years of amazing shags, has gone his own way. I do miss the time we spent together, but I understand he was no longer happy with our situation and had to move on.

By *organ and rob zombieCouple  over a year ago

bradford

Do you think they are truly FWB or would some of you have preferred the whole relationship, but they didn't!!!

"Do you think they are truly FWB or would some of you have preferred the whole relationship, but they didn't!!! "

fwb is a relationship.. I can't see how it isn't.. That's why i don't ever have them.. How do you difine the difference?? Everything i would do with a fwb i would do with a boyfriend... A fb is less personal and there for sex only

By *organ and rob zombieCouple  over a year ago

bradford

Sounds like your contradicting though, no harm meant!!!

So you've had boyfriends then if it's no difference!!!

It's happening to me right now... The sex jjust isn't that great anymore and I like seeing him but as a friend.. I think after 5 years of the same my heart just isn't in it anymore sadly.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Saw a guy for 4 years, he got a gf i got a text .Would of been nice to end it face to face or a call but hey guess you never do know a person even after all that time .

Just hoping to find another regular meet ..search goes on lol x

I'd love to meet Fwb I've chatted about it to a few lady friends but they back off any around Felixstowe interested ???

"Sounds like your contradicting though, no harm meant!!!

So you've had boyfriends then if it's no difference!!! "

I obviously haven't made myself understood.. Sorry... only ever had one boyfriend off here.. ( some would say fwb but i classed it as a relationship ) I have no male friends in my life at all... All the males i know are either married to my friends or are acquaintances.. A friend i socialize with and spend time with without any sexual activity taking place.. i would not and do not do this with any male i know.. Unless his wife was present or our kids.. so a friend with benefits would be the above with sexual rewards... To me; that's a boyfriend.. I would never socialize with a fuck buddy, go out for meals together or shopping or even get together for a drink.. It is purely for sex only.. Meet, fuck leave!

» Add a new message to this topic