FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Meet verification

Meet verification

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aelic fun OP   Man  over a year ago

Carlisle Dumfries

How much emphasis do people place on meet verification?

I've been on here a while, without success. I have been proactive on the site, and had some response, but that has mainly been 'we don't meet people who have not been meet verified'.

That is a real Catch 22 situation - and I've never had this problem on other sites.

Is it me/profile or unlucky in where I have been looking?

Constructive suggestions please!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Go to a social. Meet a few prospective playmates and get verified. Win/win. Plenty happening in the NW

veries can cause more trouble than they are worth believe me lol

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

Verifications are not the be all and end all of attraction to be able to get a meet but meets do get quite a lot easier after the first verification so it is still worth striving for.

Not worth a light to me, if anything it just says 'I've put it here, there, and everywhere. Someone else's opinion doesn't have to be mine!....

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

It really doesn't make a lot of difference to me just if they are verified or not.

By *ouplelookingforadultfunCouple  over a year ago

Oxfordshire

We would only meet 'meet verified' single males, simply because there are many married men here ever hopeful of a 'quickie'!!

With couples it's not such a big deal, as we'd always cam with both together to prove they're both the real deal!!

I like to see one that's been left at most within the last year. I use them as an indicator of the odds of someone turning up for a meeting, and if the person is likely to match the pics.

If a person only has one from nearly a year ago, then I'd say that drops the odds of them meeting. Same as of someone has been on over a year and doesn't have one. To me that screams "fantasist".

Although there are those here who meet lots but have no recent veris, I'd say they are the exception rather than the rule.

Oxfordshire

"I like to see one that's been left at most within the last year. I use them as an indicator of the odds of someone turning up for a meeting, and if the person is likely to match the pics.

If a person only has one from nearly a year ago, then I'd say that drops the odds of them meeting. Same as of someone has been on over a year and doesn't have one. To me that screams "fantasist".

Although there are those here who meet lots but have no recent veris, I'd say they are the exception rather than the rule. "

And those that you meet often.

Don't see a need to put a new veri up each time we play with a regular!

By *aelic fun OP   Man  over a year ago

Carlisle Dumfries

Which still leaves me - and presumably others - in limbo.

So how do you get veri for meets if people prefer to see at least one veri before agreeing to a meeting.

Club meets aren't possible just now because of my home life, so that is one avenue ruled out.

Verifications are nothing more than a guide as far as i am concerned.

i do not class webcam verification as real as all it does is show someone on cam says little as to what the person is like.

"Which still leaves me - and presumably others - in limbo.

So how do you get veri for meets if people prefer to see at least one veri before agreeing to a meeting.

Club meets aren't possible just now because of my home life, so that is one avenue ruled out."

Plenty of socials held up and down the country that are not held in clubs, if you can't manage to get to any of those, why should people think you can manage to meet them. If you put effort in, you can get a few veries to say you turn up, your real and not a fantasist, after that, it's still down to putting effort in!

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan  over a year ago

London

"Which still leaves me - and presumably others - in limbo.

Club meets aren't possible just now because of my home life, so that is one avenue ruled out."

somebody said it already go to a social mingle meet some people without having expectations of playing

Afraid you're going to have to be a little more patient.

It may seem like you've been here a while, but at 2 months you're still a relative newbie.

Single males far outnumber couples and ladies on this site and unfortunately we're not in as much demand as perhaps we'd like to think.

A lot of couples (not all) are looking for other couples or females.

It takes a lot of single guys in the region of around 6 months to get that first meet.

Also, don't get so hung up on the whole getting verified issue - as this in itself can put people off. as they may feel that you might only be interested in meeting them for the purpose of getting that veri.

I am not that bothered if the girl don't got a verification.

I myself don't got one but last year meet a girl from here for sex, we both didn't have a veri and it went really well and was fun.

See it this way, if you like the persons pics and profile, wouldn't u meet him cos he haven't had a verification? Maibe you just missed the match of your dreams cos of that choice.. just saying

"Not worth a light to me, if anything it just says 'I've put it here, there, and everywhere. Someone else's opinion doesn't have to be mine!...."
ive put it over 200 here and there's

lol and?????

Oxfordshire

We started off by picture verification (both of us holding a piece of paper with our fab name on it.

Then we plucked up the courage to go to a club, had an amazing time, and got Veris from there.

Then we got verified for a meet.

Social or club meets are your best bet!

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A simple fact of life on Fab and any internet based site is that single males will always be in the majority.

Therefore - with more to choose from (when using just the site rather than clubs/socials/parties) - single women and couples will look to establish as much of a picture about someone as possible from what they see on screen. Including veri's.

A well written profile is a plus.

As are good pictures.

A good track record of veri's, showing you do actually turn up, are a nice guy and are actually a true representation of your 'virtual self' are extra plus points.

Less of any of the above and a single male will struggle.

Add in certain extra 'complications' - and life is going to be that much harder.

We'd actually place just as much importance regarding veri's on single female and couples profiles. We don't have much free time so prefer to minimise the risk of people 'no showing' or cancelling last minute. Neither are 100% avoidable - but seeing regular recent veri's does give the impression you're less likely to be stood up.

It is what it is!

A

I usually only meet people with veri's but only because it s out the pic collectors. Saying that I have met someone without a veri before as we got on well and he is very genuine.

Verifications are fun

When we search we always tick must be verified by meet

Either way, you are not going to win.

If you don't become verified pretty soon, you'll be labeled for it.

Take all the advice and be patient, you'll be labeled for it.

Most people are pretty up themselves here, if fab was sectioned into a class ... Single guys would be put into the lower / unimportant class by most couples.

They don't care about verifications, recommendations or your personality... Looks, your a single male and therefore not really worth their time.

Sad but unbelievably true

"How much emphasis do people place on meet verification?

I've been on here a while, without success. I have been proactive on the site, and had some response, but that has mainly been 'we don't meet people who have not been meet verified'.

That is a real Catch 22 situation - and I've never had this problem on other sites.

Is it me/profile or unlucky in where I have been looking?

Constructive suggestions please!! "

Actually it's only catch 22 if all you do is sit and wait online. There are a few options open to get meet verified, one is obviously sit and hope something happens on fab, go to a club though that might be expensive or go to a social.

The real world if full of real possibility.

"Go to a social. Meet a few prospective playmates and get verified. Win/win. Plenty happening in the NW "
hence y i wana head up there

"Either way, you are not going to win.

Most people are pretty up themselves here, if fab was sectioned into a class ... Single guys would be put into the lower / unimportant class by most couples.

They don't care about verifications, recommendations or your personality... Looks, your a single male and therefore not really worth their time.

Sad but unbelievably true "

It is sad .... but this is far from being the case for us

we met our regular fem when she was unverified - we take as we find but do use the veris for different things

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

in which other world would you take as gospel the opinions of a person you don't know... about another person you don't know....

all it means for me is they were who they said they were, and they turned up.... nothing more...

I would like to think that I could work out for myself who I wanted or didn't want to meet without the need to look of whether they are verified or not... and thats because I talk to them and make those judgements for myself....

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Not true of everyone.

We view everyone with the same perspective - singles (of both sexes) and couples.

We have no pecking order. We've met as many lovely singles as couples, and seen as many profiles of all segments that make us move on.

The more people perpetuate this myth of 'hierarchy' the more it becomes true. There are many couples not interested in singles. Which is fine. But equally there are many that do. And viewing them as a 'lesser species' doesn't do anyone any favours - neither the couples or the singles they are looking to meet.

The problem is that many singles (males) use any negativity as an excuse, rather than ignoring it, rising above it - and just being positive, proactive and enjoying life on site with no sense of urgency or expectancy. These guys tend to be too busy enjoying themselves to worry about the attitudes, behaviour and interactions of the others.

And they're generally easy to spot!

A

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

Not true of everyone.

We view everyone with the same perspective - singles (of both sexes) and couples.

We have no pecking order. We've met as many lovely singles as couples, and seen as many profiles of all segments that make us move on.

The more people perpetuate this myth of 'hierarchy' the more it becomes true. There are many couples not interested in singles. Which is fine. But equally there are many that do. And viewing them as a 'lesser species' doesn't do anyone any favours - neither the couples or the singles they are looking to meet.

The problem is that many singles (males) use any negativity as an excuse, rather than ignoring it, rising above it - and just being positive, proactive and enjoying life on site with no sense of urgency or expectancy. These guys tend to be too busy enjoying themselves to worry about the attitudes, behaviour and interactions of the others.

A"

spot on!

So those of us who choose not to fuck random single men somehow see them as something less and are up ourselves because of it?

I have my fun ....may be have cake and eat it to much i am hungry most of the time get a few veriz here and there lol

Too many veris puts me off a woman, other than that, as long as they're genuine, not interested in veris

I'm not sure I agree with this point of view.

I've not been with a couple from fab, I have a meet lined up later this month but...

A lot of the time I find couples are a here and now thing and as is usually the case, when they come calling I am busy in some way :/

And not everyone is up themselves. For my part, I've met and talked to mainly lovely people.

Not true of everyone.

A"

This is so true. And it's easy for guys to complain, and understandable in a way. but the simple truth is there are so many guys here, that couples and other singles can pick and choose, and where they to deal with every single guy that came along, they'd never leave the house!

It's a quiet game of intelligence and patience. I wish I could have come straight on this site like a cat who got the cream, but I didn't. Now I understand how it works, which is that primarily this is a sex themed Social Networking site, use it as such and you'll get what you want. And being social is just as important as networking.

How is this true??

We meet single guys, most of our veris are from single guys, us like a lot of couples and singles on here wouldn't have our fun on here if it wasn't for single guys....

We are not up ourselves, we don't care about recommendations as we like to meet guys for what we have seen for ourselves and veris don't mean anything unless we have met ourselves

So no they are not a lower class to everyone on here x

Tarzan is underclass ....so fuckin wot ...

OP

I have the feeling you cannot meet at night, as you pointed out earlier.

while many people have met for sex, you are going to find it harder as your time is appearing limited, and you cannot accommodate.

I dunno what other site you are using, so perhaps its best you use that moreso than here? pretty much every guy(who isnt getting meets) claims they get more luck elsewhere than on fab, its a pretty pointless thing to say to be honest.

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

"OP

I have the feeling you cannot meet at night, as you pointed out earlier.

while many people have met for sex, you are going to find it harder as your time is appearing limited, and you cannot accommodate.

I dunno what other site you are using, so perhaps its best you use that moreso than here? pretty much every guy(who isnt getting meets) claims they get more luck elsewhere than on fab, its a pretty pointless thing to say to be honest. "

Bingo

I'm not sure 'most' people won't meet anyone unverified. I've met men who weren't verified by meets before but had gathered enough of a picture of them from other interactions to be confident enough to set up a social. And conversely I've been stood up by someone with a long list of gushing verifications. It's part of the picture, but certainly not the be-all and end-all, but it sounds like it could be a convenient place to lay the blame for your lack of success....

My 200 plus do go against me at times.....

But my true frends lovem...

those who dont need to chill abit embrace a verification

....thats very disapointing

» Add a new message to this topic