FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > High Expectations

High Expectations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entkev OP   Man  over a year ago

Dover

Over the past 2 years I've seen many a man post 'cant get a meet' etc, then you see that they have only been on the site days or weeks.

I have come to find that as couples and single ladies have such a huge pool to chose from that the everyday joe looking gentlemen will be rebuked (often quite rudely).

There was a time when this would anger or frustrate me, but now I see the site in a different way.

My ruder version of Facebook, I just use it to keep in touch with my swinger friends, the people I've met up with at clubs. These people have the advantage of getting to know me for who I am, not purely basing their decision to talk to me on whether I have a 6 pack, huge dick or that I'm young enough to boost there ego's.

Thank goodness for my friends. lol

The site is like a rollercoaster, I loved it, then hated it, now I love it again.. for all the right reasons.

Once you get through the trolls, the fakes, the bigoted and the over inflated egos .. you can find real genuine lovely people of all persuasions.

Keep on fabbing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

Super, sensible and positive post, Kev.

More power to your elbow.

Jane x

Dover

"Super, sensible and positive post, Kev.

More power to your elbow.

Jane x"

Thank you. Xx

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

This is an easy and successful site for those who use it to their best advantage and as a part of their lifestyle

Dover

"This is an easy and successful site for those who use it to their best advantage and as a part of their lifestyle "

I agree, for some it can be bliss

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well said, @_entkev.

"This is an easy and successful site for those who use it to their best advantage and as a part of their lifestyle "

Dover

"Well said, @_entkev.

"

Cheers

you just need to go with the flow, and don't let rejection get you down, positive gets positive results, being a negative arse gets you nothing

You nailed it kev, you just got to dig deep enough, there are some very special people on here

By *ussypussWoman  over a year ago

South Birmingham waiting for the bf to come back after crimbo

"I have come to find that as couples and single ladies have such a huge pool to chose from that the everyday joe looking gentlemen will be rebuked (often quite rudely).

You just got to dig deep enough, there are some very special people on here "

Yes, sometimes us single ladies and couples do have to turn guys away but we're not all rude about it. I pride myself on saying thanks for contacting me, but I'm sorry, I won't be continuing the conversation for whatever reason and I aim to be truthful but without trying/meaning to hurt anyone

"I have come to find that as couples and single ladies have such a huge pool to chose from that the everyday joe looking gentlemen will be rebuked (often quite rudely).

You just got to dig deep enough, there are some very special people on here

Yes, sometimes us single ladies and couples do have to turn guys away but we're not all rude about it. I pride myself on saying thanks for contacting me, but I'm sorry, I won't be continuing the conversation for whatever reason and I aim to be truthful but without trying/meaning to hurt anyone

"

So pleased to read this...

I cannot fault your approach - wish it was more common....

You just got to dig deep enough, there are some very special people on here

So pleased to read this...

I cannot fault your approach - wish it was more common.... "

I also say no thanks; not my type, too far etc, its just a shame that some guys won't take no for an answer

"Over the past 2 years I've seen many a man post 'cant get a meet' etc, then you see that they have only been on the site days or weeks.

I have come to find that as couples and single ladies have such a huge pool to chose from that the everyday joe looking gentlemen will be rebuked (often quite rudely).

There was a time when this would anger or frustrate me, but now I see the site in a different way.

My ruder version of Facebook, I just use it to keep in touch with my swinger friends, the people I've met up with at clubs. These people have the advantage of getting to know me for who I am, not purely basing their decision to talk to me on whether I have a 6 pack, huge dick or that I'm young enough to boost there ego's.

Thank goodness for my friends. lol

The site is like a rollercoaster, I loved it, then hated it, now I love it again.. for all the right reasons.

Once you get through the trolls, the fakes, the bigoted and the over inflated egos .. you can find real genuine lovely people of all persuasions.

Keep on fabbing "

We pretty much use fab the same way, we are so limited with time these days that meets are unrealistic. When we get time off we go to a club rather than trawl fab for a meet (never had a response to a meet today).

Fab is our swinging hub, somewhere to keep up with friends and events.

We have yet to speak to anyone bad. If someone is not for us - we say so politely and usually get a message back saying thanks for being polite are we just lucky?

"We have yet to speak to anyone bad. If someone is not for us - we say so politely and usually get a message back saying thanks for being polite are we just lucky? "

I must be just unlucky then....

"We have yet to speak to anyone bad. If someone is not for us - we say so politely and usually get a message back saying thanks for being polite are we just lucky?

"

Luck changes

Regarding getting nasty replies, we did get a few in the past but on the whole it's improved a lot the worse we get these days is "your loss" but that's not really nasty.

I must add that single guys have been much better at dealing with rejection than they have been.

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

I think that's the key - expectations.

We use the site in a similar manner, keep in touch with people we've met, stay abreast of what's happening in the scene and have a bit of banter in the forums.

It delivers on all our expectations so we 're happy.

D

Dover

I must say that all the honest & polite replies & opinions that you have all left just confirms my belief... There really are some truly nice people on here.

"We have yet to speak to anyone bad. If someone is not for us - we say so politely and usually get a message back saying thanks for being polite are we just lucky?

Luck changes "

Thank yoooou... I do hope so...

Could not agree more.....I too am an "ordinary Joe" ....... Certainly no great looker, or buff Adonis.... But I do have many, many verified meets.

This site is great!

This site is great when used for the right reasons. Unfortunately a large percentage of the site are single guys who like to either pester the ladies or are just time wasters. Which makes us all look unreliable sadly.

It's nice to see that there are still some ladies out there who decline politely. Most of the time my messages are either deleted or outright ignored, which is frustrating

Even better....are those that don't decline. Plenty meets and fun and friendship to be had...

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Well said x

Haha I agree completely, although it's not easy to find someone who is interested in my area. I think swinging is fairly dead in Wiltshire

» Add a new message to this topic