FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Relationships with other site members

Relationships with other site members

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I need a bit of advice. Has anyone met someone on here and ended up in a relationship with them? And how did it work out? I've met someone through the site and we both like each other but are apprehensive about being together due to meeting through here.

It's driving us both mad! Thanks x

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Only the once. Lasted several months, but didn't work out. Nothing to do with this site though, or how we met. So give it a go if it makes ya happy and feels right

me and my now other half met on here and our second anniversary is coming up and we are VERY happy , it does happen and it does work, id say go for it because you wont know untill u try....x

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

a good few have over the years.

some worked

others didn't.

Thanks for the replies! The whole situation has thrown us both as we never expected to meet someone through here and have such an amazing connection. X

"Thanks for the replies! The whole situation has thrown us both as we never expected to meet someone through here and have such an amazing connection. X"

If it's meant to be it will be. Just need to he open and honest about what you both want. Good luck to you both

"Thanks for the replies! The whole situation has thrown us both as we never expected to meet someone through here and have such an amazing connection. X

If it's meant to be it will be. Just need to he open and honest about what you both want. Good luck to you both "

Thank you. I told him this morning that if it's meant to happen it will. X

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Thanks for the replies! The whole situation has thrown us both as we never expected to meet someone through here and have such an amazing connection. X

If it's meant to be it will be. Just need to he open and honest about what you both want. Good luck to you both

Thank you. I told him this morning that if it's meant to happen it will. X"

Why should Fab be any different to the rest of life - people meet through all kinds of situations.

Good luck!

A

"I need a bit of advice. Has anyone met someone on here and ended up in a relationship with them? And how did it work out? I've met someone through the site and we both like each other but are apprehensive about being together due to meeting through here.

It's driving us both mad! Thanks x"

Go for it! ?? doesn't matter how you met, at least you've got the advantage of honesty, You both know what you want and the method of meeting is irrelevant.

if you had tried the 'vanilla' dating world then you might not have discovered each other.

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

I joined fab looking for just meets.....I ended up with a fiancé.

We're getting married in may

By *ex-a-frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Brizzle

I believe in fate, most people in my experience join fab to have fun, not contemplating a relationship but as others say why should meeting on fab be any different than a pub or club. Question I'd want to know If you weren't in a relationship before, then technically you couldn't be considered a swinger, presumably if you got together you would lose your single profiles. Would you thent consider swinging as a couple? That shouldn't btw affect your decision on getting together!!

By *inkxRabbitWoman  over a year ago

Mijas Costa

I met a guy on here. He's married and so am I but we are very fond of each other. Neither of us wanted it to happen but you can't help who you fall in love with. I keep the balance because I know he loves his wife and will never leave her, just as I won't leave my husband. Is so right it can't be wrong and we both wish we'd met 20 years ago. Go with what you feel and good luck to you x

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

I agree with the others..if it's right it will work..he could be your Mr right, if you don't try you'll never know..good luck to you both. X

Thanks everyone x

Good luck to you both. Give it your best shot x

"Thanks for the replies! The whole situation has thrown us both as we never expected to meet someone through here and have such an amazing connection. X"

Sounds like it's meant to be. Celebrate and enjoy your relationship xx

Apologies if I sound negative, I don't mean too but your profile says you've been a site member for 2 weeks. My question would be more about developing real feelings in 2 weeks is unlikely but being in lust is more likely x

We met in a club .. Not arranged ... just by chance

Congrats - your relationship should certainly be fun x

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It doesn't matter where you meet. If it happens, it happens

"Apologies if I sound negative, I don't mean too but your profile says you've been a site member for 2 weeks. My question would be more about developing real feelings in 2 weeks is unlikely but being in lust is more likely x"

I was on the site before but it's not so much the feelings just the fact there's a strong connection. X

Well if you are sure the other person feels the same just have fun and see where it takes you.

The cynic in me has heard way too many stories of women falling for guys and it not being straight forward or reciprocated.

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"It doesn't matter where you meet. If it happens, it happens "

By *aura001Woman  over a year ago

poole

I think go for it...what have you got to lose? X

Not a swinging site, but my husband and I met through a dating site (where he was shagging half of the UK and I was going through a divorce).

Neither of us expected it to be more than fun I think but married 18 months later and we've been together ten years now.

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

Lots of fab members have a meet, get on well and think yes this ones for me ...after one or two meets! get real!!!

most end disastrously....

However .... i know a few over the years who have got together as a couple. a few have lasted the course but generally no it does not work.

"Lots of fab members have a meet, get on well and think yes this ones for me ...after one or two meets! get real!!!

However .... i know a few over the years who have got together as a couple. a few have lasted the course but generally no it does not work.

"

Cool thanks for the feedback. I'll just arrange some meets and enjoy the site! X

islington

"Lots of fab members have a meet, get on well and think yes this ones for me ...after one or two meets! get real!!!

Cool thanks for the feedback. I'll just arrange some meets and enjoy the site! X"

and thats just exactly what a swinging site is all about ...good luck

Cool thanks for the feedback. I'll just arrange some meets and enjoy the site! X"

Good to read such a happy, positive posting!!! All the best... Enjoy - have fun... Then have more fun...

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

just had our 3rd anniversary

Very happy

Long may it continue

we are going strong 2.5 years after meeting on here

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

know a few people who have married from here

Good luck.

Connection or lust? Dont rush take your time....

"Connection or lust? Dont rush take your time...."

does it matter where you met so long as you are happy I met someone from pof as "friends" then she dumped me because she said she was falling for me lol

"Not a swinging site, but my husband and I met through a dating site (where he was shagging half of the UK and I was going through a divorce).

Neither of us expected it to be more than fun I think but married 18 months later and we've been together ten years now."

Gorgeous xx

My partner and I met on here, after a few months of chatting we finally met in January this year. We have now been living together for 7 weeks and couldn't be happier. Neither of us were looling for a relationship but we just clicked and fell in love. We still swing as a couple and so meeting on here was the best thing for us. Hope it works out as well for you.

"My partner and I met on here, after a few months of chatting we finally met in January this year. We have now been living together for 7 weeks and couldn't be happier. Neither of us were looling for a relationship but we just clicked and fell in love. We still swing as a couple and so meeting on here was the best thing for us. Hope it works out as well for you. "

That's really nice to hear x

I moved I with my partner who I met on here 8 months ago and would not change a day. It does not matter where you meet....if it is feeling right go for it. Happiness to you both.xxx

By *ex-a-frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Brizzle

For those who met on here, everybody loves to know how you met. Have any of you had the balls to be honest? Bet you said you met online or on a dating site Lol.

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

We met on a different, similar, site and have been married for 6 years now. Had been chatting in the chat room and met at a social in Notts. Something just clicked and although we have had a few bumpy rides we are happy and still in love.

Go with your gut, if he is "the one" then concentrate on your relationship.

Good luck xx

"For those who met on here, everybody loves to know how you met. Have any of you had the balls to be honest? Bet you said you met online or on a dating site Lol. "

I Marshall am am open to most people about swinging .. All my work colleagues and most of my family know that I met my Unicorn on here

funny what life chucks at you

I saw natalie on cam 5 years ago we chatted met up a few times now we live together and so happy

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

First contact between my partner and I was in a Fab chat room. About a year later we met at a swingers party and then just kept on meeting......we passed our fourth anniversary back in July. Some relationships work, some don't regardless of where people meet.

By *oonshadowsCouple  over a year ago

Lytham St Annes

"For those who met on here, everybody loves to know how you met. Have any of you had the balls to be honest? Bet you said you met online or on a dating site Lol. "

Ah but we are being honest when we say we met online, initially just to meet as friends but it soon developed into something else - strangely no one has ever asked what the site what the site was called but the majority of our friends do know xxx

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Met mine on here, 2 years later still going strong

By *ragon RidersCouple  over a year ago

Launceston

Wife and i met on here as singles an still as strong

Ypu have to go with how you both feel not what others say good luck to you both x

If you both feel the same just go with it x

It's so nice to read so many lovely stories that worked out.. Im one of the unlucky ones that it didn't.. What i would say, is that it is completely different swinging with someone you have feelings for and jealousy has a nasty habit of rearing its ugly head.. I wish you all the best and hope things work out as well for you as it has so many others

I think it can both work if you are both totally honest with each other ...if not it will never work

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Nice to see so many lovely posts on this thread...and hard to disagree. I wish you both all the best

By *awsex99Couple  over a year ago

Brighton

we met here three years ago and stills feels like weve just met....people ask how we met and I just say on the internet !

By *herry n JonesyCouple  over a year ago

Oxfordshire / Leicester

We are another couple that met on here. I did my best to deny what was happening between us at the time but I finally saw sense! We have been together for 2 years now and are very happy together.

We met on here, two years ago. It certainly works for us...

You should see my ring...oooeeer

xx

IT DOESN'T WORK

I met my ex on here, we had a great 18 months but he came back on and had an affair with another member, despite her saying it was only swinging etc.., I saw the kik messages between Her and my ex, full of I love you's etc.... We've ended and he's tested positive for chalmydia, now he's kipping on a friends sofa whilst he try's to get himself together, she doesn't give a shit and I'm debating on telling her husband as she really doesn't give two hoots about anything. I know it's not the done thing but neither was what they did.

I do wish you luck with it all, like I said we had a great 18 months and I wouldn't have changed that, just the ending.

Thanks for all the messages! It's good hearing both sides. I've realised in the last few days that it probably won't work out as there's too many differences. He's a great guy and I think he's pretty special but not what I'm after.

I think this would be the ideal place to meet for a long term relationship x

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

knew a bloke who met a woman on here she insisted they both closed their profiles and didn't meet anyone else don't know if they are still together

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Thanks for all the messages! It's good hearing both sides. I've realised in the last few days that it probably won't work out as there's too many differences. He's a great guy and I think he's pretty special but not what I'm after. "

That's a shame.

I do know that when I first joined the site, I had so many men tell me they wanted a relationship as they thought that was what I wanted. In reality they wanted a short term swinging partner. My bullshit radar developed quite quickly. Great sex can certainly cloud your judgement.

However after being on here a year, I met a wonderful man at a swinging club. We are together nearly a year now, not as swinging partners, just partners.

What I am trying to say, although not eloquently, is that it can happen and it does. Sometimes you stay together and swing, sometimes you don't. Me I need time to develop our relationship. As others have said, communication is the key.

It was lovely reading about all the successful relationships on the thread above. (We just say we met at a party)

By *orn_To_PerformCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

We met through a common interest, rather than through Fab, but started as FBs and were swinging together before we became a 'proper' couple. Swinging is just one of many leisure activities we now enjoy together ??

me and Eamonn met on here 3 years ago and have been in a relationship since Best thing to happen was to join Fab

"Thanks for all the messages! It's good hearing both sides. I've realised in the last few days that it probably won't work out as there's too many differences. He's a great guy and I think he's pretty special but not what I'm after. "
Hmmmmm really?

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Thanks for all the messages! It's good hearing both sides. I've realised in the last few days that it probably won't work out as there's too many differences. He's a great guy and I think he's pretty special but not what I'm after. Hmmmmm really?"

Ouch!

By *rs and Mr PandoraCouple  over a year ago

LUTTERWORTH

"I need a bit of advice. Has anyone met someone on here and ended up in a relationship with them? And how did it work out? I've met someone through the site and we both like each other but are apprehensive about being together due to meeting through here.

It's driving us both mad! Thanks x"

We did. Now engaged and living together. Get married next year.

Good luck x

"Thanks for all the messages! It's good hearing both sides. I've realised in the last few days that it probably won't work out as there's too many differences. He's a great guy and I think he's pretty special but not what I'm after. Hmmmmm really?

Ouch!"

lol. Didn't hurt at all.

"Thanks for all the messages! It's good hearing both sides. I've realised in the last few days that it probably won't work out as there's too many differences. He's a great guy and I think he's pretty special but not what I'm after.

That's a shame.

I do know that when I first joined the site, I had so many men tell me they wanted a relationship as they thought that was what I wanted. In reality they wanted a short term swinging partner. My bullshit radar developed quite quickly. Great sex can certainly cloud your judgement.

However after being on here a year, I met a wonderful man at a swinging club. We are together nearly a year now, not as swinging partners, just partners.

What I am trying to say, although not eloquently, is that it can happen and it does. Sometimes you stay together and swing, sometimes you don't. Me I need time to develop our relationship. As others have said, communication is the key.

It was lovely reading about all the successful relationships on the thread above. (We just say we met at a party)"

Yohoho, i think you have been misled sweetie, i never wanted a relationship, and didn't ask for a relationship, someone's getting carried away im afraid, and its not me.

islington

"

Yohoho, i think you have been misled sweetie, i never wanted a relationship, and didn't ask for a relationship, someone's getting carried away im afraid, and its not me. "

Ahh the man in question! lol bout time you made a comment sweety lol

"

Yohoho, i think you have been misled sweetie, i never wanted a relationship, and didn't ask for a relationship, someone's getting carried away im afraid, and its not me.

Ahh the man in question! lol bout time you made a comment sweety lol "

piss off Julie, lol xx

islington

"

Ahh the man in question! lol bout time you made a comment sweety lol piss off Julie, lol xx "

haha make me ! hehe

I'd just like to point out that before I wrote this post I mentioned to the man in question who agreed. Now he's making out it's all one sided and making me look like an idiot!

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

both move on..its fab after all

" both move on..its fab after all"

it's what we're both doing. X

Take off the forum Satisfyme, chat about it next week. X

Why should Fab be any different to the rest of life - people meet through all kinds of situations.

Good luck!

Honesty, trust and love tower above everything else so just give it a go x

Ooooooops ... I'd move on and start afresh. Many guys/ women on here say they want exclusivity with a playmate they connect with - until someone else ignites their lust again !

On a positive note we both met on here over a year ago now live together so I would say (Mrs) go for it see how it goes we all only have one life and if you have that connection to be happy

Best of luck to the both of you

Mr and Mrs hellraiser xx