FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > bipoler

bipoler

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andy_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Question if some one with bipoler is not in a very good place can they apoint some one to look after there afairs , and how would they go about it .

Private replys please,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

yes see a solicitor

wolverhampton

Thank you I need all the advice I can get, have googled it as well ,

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Of cause they can have a living will statement of directive. If they have a care plan they should of been advised to do one anyway when there well. Its not law abiding ie if it involves their treatment but will be adhered to where possible. If its financial affairs then yes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

not sure why you asked on this site about bipolar !!

"not sure why you asked on this site about bipolar !!"

Why not? One in four will suffer from a mental health illness at some point, bipolar is a relatively common mental illness and there is over 20,000 people online - surely someone can offer advice or help? This is an ideal place to ask for help in this subject, trust is important in both swinging and opening up for help. The fact that we are bound by a common past time is a connection that makes us feel there is common ground shared. Also we can attach faces to names whilst also keeping anonymous if we wish. The beauty of this site and its people is that there is little judgement.

"not sure why you asked on this site about bipolar !!

Why not? One in four will suffer from a mental health illness at some point, bipolar is a relatively common mental illness and there is over 20,000 people online - surely someone can offer advice or help? This is an ideal place to ask for help in this subject, trust is important in both swinging and opening up for help. The fact that we are bound by a common past time is a connection that makes us feel there is common ground shared. Also we can attach faces to names whilst also keeping anonymous if we wish. The beauty of this site and its people is that there is little judgement. "

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

Why not? One in four will suffer from a mental health illness at some point, bipolar is a relatively common mental illness and there is over 20,000 people online - surely someone can offer advice or help? This is an ideal place to ask for help in this subject, trust is important in both swinging and opening up for help. The fact that we are bound by a common past time is a connection that makes us feel there is common ground shared. Also we can attach faces to names whilst also keeping anonymous if we wish. The beauty of this site and its people is that there is little judgement. "

Well said - agree with you until your last line.

I would hope and wish there is little judgement - but see proof regularly that this is not so, unfortunately.

But still a fine ideal to try to reach...

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I think this site is actually really good when it comes to mental health issues.

Lots of support, honesty and wise words from people with a wide range of experiences.

I know I was bowled over by the kindness of others when I posted a very emotional, anxious post recently.

I think I suffer with it having a hard time right now I hope you get something sorted

wolverhampton

"not sure why you asked on this site about bipolar !!"

the reason I posted was simple, I needed help and advice , and would like to thank all the people that have offered the advice I asked for,

tom

the reason I posted was simple, I needed help and advice , and would like to thank all the people that have offered the advice I asked for,

tom"

Tom, I'm not always online but if I am feel free to drop me a line and I will listen or offer advice wherever I can. You can PM me for an email address if you think that is something you'd ever want to do. Wishing you a smooth path on route to mental stability and contentment.

yeah understand now, thanks for your reply

tom"

yeah sorry, glad you got some help

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

well said.

wolverhampton

tom

yeah sorry, glad you got some help "

need to set the record strait , I am not the one with bipoler . Its a very close friend of the family.

And thank you to the people that offered advice .

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

tom

yeah sorry, glad you got some help "

I know it can seem strange mate, but often the best help comes from unusual places and when it does, it somehow makes it more "real" and thought-provoking.

I post on a sports site which is full of blokes (and some women) arguing and generally having right old ding-dongs about tactics, etc. a lot of them are rugby players, ex-players or coaches. In a forum for non-sports topics on the site, someone started a thread on depression - the stories were incredible and many were from these same guys that were happily slaughtering each other elsewhere. It's an amazing read.

That's why I think a place like this is actually a good place to air this stuff - swingers are real people too!

Well i have bipolar and slowly getting used to it

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Why would you need to set in place something to deal with your friends affairs?

I have suffered from this since the age of 5 (then called manic depression) but i still lead a normal busy life keeping my own affairs.

Yes i have times when i down tools and cant face the world but with the right medication and understanding people i lead a normal life as best i can.

I don't think any solicitor would allow someone to deal with a persons affairs simply because they are bipolor, help your friend with things when he is up or down but dont embarrass him by suggesting taking over his affairs.

"Why would you need to set in place something to deal with your friends affairs?

I have suffered from this since the age of 5 (then called manic depression) but i still lead a normal busy life keeping my own affairs.

Yes i have times when i down tools and cant face the world but with the right medication and understanding people i lead a normal life as best i can.

I don't think any solicitor would allow someone to deal with a persons affairs simply because they are bipolor, help your friend with things when he is up or down but dont embarrass him by suggesting taking over his affairs."

error everyone is affected differently by bipolar as you should no. Maybe your one of the lucky ones that haven't needed to be hospitalised.

I'm surprised as a fellow sufferer that you can be so flippent in fact its an insult as some people can't cope or manage their own affairs

I work as a support worker and at the time of crisis they have to be deemed as not having the mental capacity to make decisions for themselves ie if they were sectioned or very unwell. Do they have a social worker or CPN because they can advise? Hth x

Let's end the stigma towards mental health I say the more we talk about it the better

"I work as a support worker and at the time of crisis they have to be deemed as not having the mental capacity to make decisions for themselves ie if they were sectioned or very unwell. Do they have a social worker or CPN because they can advise? Hth x

Let's end the stigma towards mental health I say the more we talk about it the better"

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

"Why would you need to set in place something to deal with your friends affairs?

I don't think any solicitor would allow someone to deal with a persons affairs simply because they are bipolor, help your friend with things when he is up or down but dont embarrass him by suggesting taking over his affairs.error everyone is affected differently by bipolar as you should no. Maybe your one of the lucky ones that haven't needed to be hospitalised.

I'm surprised as a fellow sufferer that you can be so flippent in fact its an insult as some people can't cope or manage their own affairs"

I am not one of "the lucky ones" as you so flippently put it and nor do i insult anyone with this condition.

Social workers, doctors and a massive support team all over the country are there to help, rarely are peoples "affairs" taken over for bipolor.

Yes i have been hospitalised in the past, yes i have tried taking my own life in the past and in these times the authorites help...in fact i have a 24 emergency call out number so please dont be so rude and assume you know it all.

People with bipolor have the same rights as anyone else, a true friend will help but help the person involved retain a bit of dignity.

The authourites will make sure if and when the person's affairs need sorting.

I don't think any solicitor would allow someone to deal with a persons affairs simply because they are bipolor, help your friend with things when he is up or down but dont embarrass him by suggesting taking over his affairs.error everyone is affected differently by bipolar as you should no. Maybe your one of the lucky ones that haven't needed to be hospitalised.

I'm surprised as a fellow sufferer that you can be so flippent in fact its an insult as some people can't cope or manage their own affairs

I am not one of "the lucky ones" as you so flippently put it and nor do i insult anyone with this condition.

Social workers, doctors and a massive support team all over the country are there to help, rarely are peoples "affairs" taken over for bipolor.

Yes i have been hospitalised in the past, yes i have tried taking my own life in the past and in these times the authorites help...in fact i have a 24 emergency call out number so please dont be so rude and assume you know it all.

People with bipolor have the same rights as anyone else, a true friend will help but help the person involved retain a bit of dignity.

The authourites will make sure if and when the person's affairs need sorting."

someone who has been sectioned does not have the same rights

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

The authourites will make sure if and when the person's affairs need sorting."

When you are sectioned under certain parts of the Mental Heath act you do lose your rights, read up on it before posting.

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

At my worse I wish someone took over my affairs as my spending was totally out of control. I maxed out 2 credit cards a store card and my overdraft. Almost lost my flat due to not paying rent. Fortunately I had a good councillor at the time that I finally confesed all to and she helped dig me out of what could have had me lose everything.

I'm now at a stage where I'm in total control and when I get that eurge to overindulge I take a moment to remind myself that the thrill of something new is temporary but the aftermath is life changing. I now look at things and say to myself do I need this or want this.

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

"I think I suffer with it having a hard time right now I hope you get something sorted

"

I'm sorry but having a hard time does not mean you have depression or bipolar. We all have hard times now and then. I don't automatically think I'm having an episode just because I'm having a hard time.

» Add a new message to this topic