FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Belly piercing

Belly piercing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looking for the 'fail safe' way to assist the healing of a belly piercing.

I had mine done at the top just over a year ago but had an infection and then it started to migrate out do had to remove it.

I've heard it's more successful at the bottom for guys so I'm getting it done there on Wednesday for my birthday.

So what advice do you have for me to help it heal quickly? I'm aware it can take months, even up to a year!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Salt water baths or a bath in Diluted TCP..

Just splash on a little extra Brut 33 to mask the smell

Lol. Oh I'm a CoCo Chanel kinda gal

"Lol. Oh I'm a CoCo Chanel kinda gal "

Don't fiddled with it! use a spray on antiseptic... Don't over clean it!

By *ango0505Woman  over a year ago

Dumfries

I was told when I had a piercing that Tea Tree Oil was good x

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I've always used savlon antiseptic wash spray on all my piercings and they heal brilliantly.

"I've always used savlon antiseptic wash spray on all my piercings and they heal brilliantly. "

How you got your tummy done? How often did you clean it? And did you rotate it or let it stick? That was one thing I was never sure about. Wether to unstick it.

Have not how

Sea salt (about a heaped teaspoon) in half a mug of boiling water. Use a cotton bud to dip into the water once cooled slightly and clean it, changing cotton bud ends between sides of the piercing. Also clean within the depth of the belly button with a new cotton bud.

Once its not too sore, you can spritz it with savlon spray, place your washed fingertips on either end and jiggle it slightly to encourage the spray down the piercing itself if you're so inclined. I never bothered with this and just left it alone.

Clean it twice a day, not too often to keep disturbing the healing and wash your hands first. Otherwise don't fiddle with it.

A good piercer will explain their preferred way for you to maintain their piercing. You should also be able to go back to them to have them check it if you think anything is off. I've got both my top and bottom pierced on my navel and neither have had any problems.

Get a egg cup. Put a good amount of salt in it and some hot water. Allow to cool. Lean forward and place your belly button over the egg cup and stand up holding the pressure on so the liquid does not come out . Keep it on for 15mins twice a day. I have had mine for 22 years and never had a problem.

I think fiddling with it was half the problem last time. I'll learn from that.

I was never sure if I should ensure it didn't stick though?

Couldn't ask my piercer because I had it done whilst visiting London. Miles from home.

Hot water sea salt soaks (not very salty water - look online for the dilution rate). Don't put anything else on it. You can chuck a cup of sea salt into a hot bath too which is lovely.

Don't wear anything with a waistband that will rub on it. Don't wear synthetic fabrics anywhere near it. Don't touch it.

Expect it to take about six months.

Mostly though follow your piercers advice and don't be afraid to phone them for more advice.

Also - savlon and the like is not designed for puncture wounds. Treat it as a puncture wound, not a cut.

South East Midlands NOT

"I've always used savlon antiseptic wash spray on all my piercings and they heal brilliantly.

How you got your tummy done? How often did you clean it? And did you rotate it or let it stick? That was one thing I was never sure about. Wether to unstick it. "

I did have but took it out (unrelated reason)

It's best not to move them. The first 72 hours are the most important, that's when your skin in anchoring it in. Use the antiseptic wash to wash away any gunge which is visible.

South East Midlands NOT

And a note re salt water-it never worked for me in assisting healing. Different strokes for different folks. Whether it's made for 'puncture wounds' or not, savlon wash has always been perfect on mind, and i've got 11 of them, having had 15 in total.

"And a note re salt water-it never worked for me in assisting healing. Different strokes for different folks. Whether it's made for 'puncture wounds' or not, savlon wash has always been perfect on mind, and i've got 11 of them, having had 15 in total. "

That was the advice given to me by all my piercers. I've healed and stretched lots and lots of difficult piercings (nipples, genital, etc) with just salt water and know that all my friends did the same.

You shouldn't put *any* chemicals on a wound.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I've really missed my bar even though it was only in for a couple of months. Not sure why but I've always wanted this from as long as I can remember.

I'll take my piercer's advice, of course, and bear in mind what's been said here

"Sea salt (about a heaped teaspoon) in half a mug of boiling water. Use a cotton bud to dip into the water once cooled slightly and clean it, changing cotton bud ends between sides of the piercing. Also clean within the depth of the belly button with a new cotton bud.

Once its not too sore, you can spritz it with savlon spray, place your washed fingertips on either end and jiggle it slightly to encourage the spray down the piercing itself if you're so inclined. I never bothered with this and just left it alone.

Clean it twice a day, not too often to keep disturbing the healing and wash your hands first. Otherwise don't fiddle with it.

A good piercer will explain their preferred way for you to maintain their piercing. You should also be able to go back to them to have them check it if you think anything is off. I've got both my top and bottom pierced on my navel and neither have had any problems."

» Add a new message to this topic