FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Quitting the fags...

Quitting the fags...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have stopped smoking this weekend (and by god am I letting everybody know about it!).

I have already taken the 'smoker' flag off my profile since I know I'm gonna do it once and for all this time.

A question - can anyone tell me how long it will be before non smokers will take me seriously as a fellow non smoker?

I have never smoked in my house so it's not like the smell is going to hang around for months.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nice one..

I have tried many times to pack in smoking and im going to give champsix (i think thats what they called) a try.

If you havnt had a cigarette than you are a non smoker and entitled to have that on your profile.

Good luck x

It depends if you are heavy smoker or not to start with, as it will take time for the nicotine to get out of system.

If you are such heavy smoker that you have yellow and stained finger nails, then it will be some time before they grow out etc...

My 2p.

Good luck to you, wish i could give up, tried before and never made it.

well done,not easy I bet.

good luck staying off and sure you will reap the benfits.

Firstly, fair play to you.

I'm not sure if your using any form of nicotine replacement?

But your now a non-smoker!

I wish you all the best and every success.

A few tips, drink plenty of water. You'll be very hungry so eat plenty of fruit as opposed to sweets.

If you experience any dizziness don't fret, this is your body getting used to getting oxygen again as opposed to chemicals.

Paddy xx

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Nearly 2 whole days now. Woop woop!

Tomorrow will be a test, going back to work where I used to smoke a fair bit. We have to smoke outside so if it's pissing it down that will be a disincentive!

Am going totally cold turkey - no nrt or anything. It's true what Paddy says about drink though - I am pretty thirsty so I will remember that.

Cheers guys

Great keep it up, I went for hypnotherapy and it worked for me, each day say to yourself 'today I'm not going to smoke'. It takes a while before you stop thinking about the cigs but it does get easier. Just think of all that fun you can have now you're a non smoker!!

I sincerely hope you're right miss D. It's not proving easy but I'm going to do it!

think of the money you'll be saving too

and well done for getting this far.

YOU CAN DO IT.

"think of the money you'll be saving too

and well done for getting this far.

YOU CAN DO IT."

Thank you very much for the support!

Still hanging in there after 65 hours (yes I'm still counting!). Succumbed to a Toffee Crisp on the way home, but hey, no-one's perfect!

Well done you xx you have done the hard part xx

I did it 3 yrs ago, the worst bit is finding something to do when you would normally have had a smoke, like after dinner etc.....I decorated for weeks on end and took to washing up straight after a meal instead of thinking about a smoke. Once you get out of the habit the rest is easy....... xx

Once you get the first month out of the way you have pretty much cracked it. The difficult bit happens after 5 years when for some reason the craving comes back

"Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Nearly 2 whole days now. Woop woop!

Tomorrow will be a test, going back to work where I used to smoke a fair bit. We have to smoke outside so if it's pissing it down that will be a disincentive!

Am going totally cold turkey - no nrt or anything. It's true what Paddy says about drink though - I am pretty thirsty so I will remember that.

Cheers guys"

Good for you though i think you might want to wait a bit longer before taking smoker off your profile. Shame you are not in gloucester as chucking it down here, shant be gardening today thats for sure

By *arlot ScarlettWoman  over a year ago

Bolton

Don't consider yourself as a person who has given up smoking, you're a non smoker - you don't smoke - it's only a small thing but I gave up about 4 years ago and it's the little things like that that can help, just take a day at a time and god luck!

"Once you get the first month out of the way you have pretty much cracked it. The difficult bit happens after 5 years when for some reason the craving comes back "

Congrats and good luck!

I always manage 4 years and start again but it's always been something that kics me off, like finding out hubby has a girlfriend and shes knocked up lol

well done i packed them in 5 months ago using champix they are superb

» Add a new message to this topic