FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Contraception

Contraception

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all!

We have been swinging for about 3 years now and M has recently had a vasectomy, so I have come off the pill (part of the reason for his snip)! We always use condoms, but we are a bit more worried about pregnancy now, just wandered what others used?

We are thinking about me having my tubes tied....

Any thoughts??

Thanks

M+J

x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi all!

We have been swinging for about 3 years now and M has recently had a vasectomy, so I have come off the pill (part of the reason for his snip)! We always use condoms, but we are a bit more worried about pregnancy now, just wandered what others used?

Any thoughts??

Thanks

M+J

x"

Good idea we are both done lol dont get any suprises then

Coil is another good one but not for all

Take care x

You could consider the mini pill.... Or the 6 monthly injection whatsit. Family Planning would help and annon!

I posted a thread about pregnancy a while back somewhere.. interesting replies.

Accidents can and 'will' happen...

The implant is good, thats what Sharon has, only has to be done once every 3 years and only takes a few minutes

She's had it in for over a year now, and only had 3 real light periods since she had it fitted YAY!

Tony

what ever you do dont go on the depo provera jab ... kills sexdrive ... bangs weight on come off it and start swinging lol libido awesome ...but took 8 months

"what ever you do dont go on the depo provera jab ... kills sexdrive ... bangs weight on come off it and start swinging lol libido awesome ...but took 8 months "

100% right!

Shaz was on that before the implant and it put 3 stone on her in 6 months, she has spent the last year+ tryng to get rid of what she put while on it, about there now though.

And yes, it killed her sex drive while she was on it, She went from wanting a leg over every day to once a week if lucky!

Tony

What a horror story! lol

Think we are going for the more perminant tube option, then we are both done! Obviously (or not reading some of the forum posts) we will use a condom too.

Thanks for the advice guys!

M+J

x

"Hi all!

Any thoughts??

Thanks

M+J

x"

It seems a bit drastic to get steralised for the sake of swinging.

If your determined to have it done because of pregnancy worries,wouldn't it

have been better to have it done in the first place instead of M getting a vasectomy?

Lets face it,if a condom burst and your full of some strangers cum,pregnancy is the least of your worries,just use the morning after pill.

That way your only taking extra hormones for a short period.

XXXX

"Hi all!

Any thoughts??

Thanks

M+J

x"

just about to go through the snip process myself..

I am thinking of sterilisation, because I don't want to get pregnant again full stop, but does anyone know whether this also kills sex drive? Second depo prov, horrible thing to do, the scientists who created it wouldn't take it I bet!

I have been on depo for ten years now and never experienced any side effects, I actually think it the best invention ever lol

The snip wasn't too bad, apparently! lol Although have a great photo if anyone wants to see!

I want to have it done so niether of us can have kids, a commitment to each other.

M+J

x

I also had the implanon implant........i thought it was fabby......once you get it in thats it and no need to worry.......i didnt out on weight has never had a period while on it.

Loved it !

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"what ever you do dont go on the depo provera jab ... kills sexdrive ... bangs weight on come off it and start swinging lol libido awesome ...but took 8 months

100% right!

Shaz was on that before the implant and it put 3 stone on her in 6 months, she has spent the last year+ tryng to get rid of what she put while on it, about there now though.

And yes, it killed her sex drive while she was on it, She went from wanting a leg over every day to once a week if lucky!

Tony"

my experience too!! and a few of my friends were the same. not very nice

xx

Depo was the worst thing I ever had ... gained nearly 4st in the 6 months it took to get that one damned dose out of my system! Also libido hit the floor and my moods were all over the place - just awful!

The horrible thing about it is that once it's injected, there's no getting it out again unlike other hormonal methods which you can stop. So if you get any side effects, you're stuck with them.

How anonymous is the family planning clinic? Wouldn't they want to know everything about everything?

I've been on the depo for several years, I lost 3 stone due to the fact people told me I would gain weight so I decided to keep an eye on what I ate! Went from a size 24 to an 18! Talk to 100 different people and you'll get 100 versions of how good/bad something is. Best bet... talk to the professionals , get information n make informed choice x

By *imnher2Woman  over a year ago

watford

been on the depo and yes put on loads of weight sex drive 0% came of it and back 2 normal but takes a long time

"Depo was the worst thing I ever had ... gained nearly 4st in the 6 months it took to get that one damned dose out of my system! Also libido hit the floor and my moods were all over the place - just awful!

The horrible thing about it is that once it's injected, there's no getting it out again unlike other hormonal methods which you can stop. So if you get any side effects, you're stuck with them.

How anonymous is the family planning clinic? Wouldn't they want to know everything about everything?"

Family planning or GUM clinics are 100% confidential they don’t link anything to you normal medical notes and have zero contact with any one unless you want them to. You don’t even have to give your real name, m mouse will do. They do want to know everything but they treat every one and herd it all before so wont react to anything you wish to share with them and can advise on any specifics you may want.

"

How anonymous is the family planning clinic? Wouldn't they want to know everything about everything?

Family planning or GUM clinics are 100% confidential they don’t link anything to you normal medical notes and have zero contact with any one unless you want them to. You don’t even have to give your real name, m mouse will do. They do want to know everything but they treat every one and herd it all before so wont react to anything you wish to share with them and can advise on any specifics you may want."

Thank you

Mr Try has had the snip, so hadn't used contraception for 6 years. When we started last year, although I knew I would use condoms, I wanted to be extra careful. I went to my GP and got the mini-pill, Cerazette, and it has been fantastic - has a plus side that I haven't had periods in over a year so don't have to work out when I can't play. My GP did ask why I needed extra contraception when he had the snip, and I said that due to the lifestyle I lead I needed to be extra careful. She went bright red, but I was as cool as a cucumber.

"

Family planning or GUM clinics are 100% confidential they don’t link anything to you normal medical notes and have zero contact with any one unless you want them to. You don’t even have to give your real name, m mouse will do. They do want to know everything but they treat every one and herd it all before so wont react to anything you wish to share with them and can advise on any specifics you may want.

Thank you "

my pleasure you have fun now ya here

» Add a new message to this topic