FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Don't want verification

Don't want verification

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, I have a few verifications now and I don't want anymore ( for the moment) even if I meet someone.

If someone verifies you, iit shows automatically on your profile (not the comment though). Do I just tell to people that I don't need verification or there is a setting/option here that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah you can turn off your summary for verifications in the verifications part of your profile.

My account - Manage verifications - Hide it.

Display your verification summary (as above)?

Show on my profile (yes, shows) hide it --This is right at the top.

Thanks for the reply.

I know about that option. I was wondering if there is a different setting where you can accept the verification or not. Something like with the reviews.

"Thanks for the reply.

I know about that option. I was wondering if there is a different setting where you can accept the verification or not. Something like with the reviews."

Oh right. No there doesn't seem to be one of those and i haven't heard anything about one either. You'll still show as genuine and verified on your page, without the summary, if that helps.

Cool! Thanks!

Well, maybe I'll just let the people know in advance

"Cool! Thanks!

Well, maybe I'll just let the people know in advance "

Yeah. I talk about veris before people leave sometimes and nobody seems to mind.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

If you have verifications already and don't show the summary then no one will know if you've had 1 recent addition or 100 as nothing automatically appears on your profile.

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"So, I have a few verifications now and I don't want anymore ( for the moment) even if I meet someone.

If someone verifies you, iit shows automatically on your profile (not the comment though). Do I just tell to people that I don't need verification or there is a setting/option here that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance!"

Just block them as soon as you've parted company. Can't verify you then . . . You're welcome

"If you have verifications already and don't show the summary then no one will know if you've had 1 recent addition or 100 as nothing automatically appears on your profile. "

But the fact someone has recieved a new verification shows in friend's news feed.

Is that only if you display it ?

evesham

"If you have verifications already and don't show the summary then no one will know if you've had 1 recent addition or 100 as nothing automatically appears on your profile.

But the fact someone has recieved a new verification shows in friend's news feed. "

I thought that was only of they displayed on though.

Actually anyone can verify you and will show automatically in news feed and in your verification summary...no choice from our side.

We have a choice to show the reviews or the verification summary...not if we don't want to add that verification to the summary...which I don't think is fare. I have met people only for a coffee...not hot dates.

Leicester

"If you have verifications already and don't show the summary then no one will know if you've had 1 recent addition or 100 as nothing automatically appears on your profile.

But the fact someone has recieved a new verification shows in friend's news feed.

I thought that was only of they displayed on though. "

Nope, I verified someone last week who was previously unverified and the white tick on the green background immediately appeared on her profile, along with the summary, before she logged on and displayed it.

"Actually anyone can verify you and will show automatically in news feed and in your verification summary...no choice from our side.

We have a choice to show the reviews or the verification summary...not if we don't want to add that verification to the summary...which I don't think is fare. I have met people only for a coffee...not hot dates."

Only shows in the news feed for the first one received and only shows new ones if you then choose to show them not when they've been received.

Maybe is just me haha

I have received verifications and were automatically in newsfeed.

It is interesting this thread as you say you have the choice to display a summary and also display the veri's

I do find it amusing what some have said

Like you say "met for a coffee" but the wording implies something entirely different

Sometimes it's better to leave the reader thinking than giving too much information don't you think

evesham

Nope, I verified someone last week who was previously unverified and the white tick on the green background immediately appeared on her profile, along with the summary, before she logged on and displayed it."

Yeah that's for the first ever one but after that I thought it only showed if you chose it to.

Exxcuse my being nosey...but why don't you want more verifications showing?

Know where you are coming from.....sometimes think I have too many. Buttgen I just thing....hey sod it let folks know!

Leicester

Nope, I verified someone last week who was previously unverified and the white tick on the green background immediately appeared on her profile, along with the summary, before she logged on and displayed it.

Yeah that's for the first ever one but after that I thought it only showed if you chose it to. "

As said above, whether you choose to display a verification or not, the latest one will always show on your summary, if activated.

"Know where you are coming from.....sometimes think I have too many. Buttgen I just thing....hey sod it let folks know!"

Give over! You love announcing how many you have

Don't meet anyone else. ...problem solved

"Know where you are coming from.....sometimes think I have too many. Buttgen I just thing....hey sod it let folks know!

Give over! You love announcing how many you have "

Because I would like to be counted only the people I have played with... I have 6 verifications and I played only with 2 hmm personal choice

"Know where you are coming from.....sometimes think I have too many. Buttgen I just thing....hey sod it let folks know!

Give over! You love announcing how many you have

Because I would like to be counted only the people I have played with... I have 6 verifications and I played only with 2 hmm personal choice "

Eh? That wasn't aimed at you...

But fair play if you don't want verifications from socials and only from play meets....bit unusual but ok

"

Just block them as soon as you've parted company. Can't verify you then . . . You're welcome"

Yep. This is the way ahead. Use them then block them. That way there can be no concerns about them getting clingy either

"Don't meet anyone else. ...problem solved"

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Just to clarify - the green tick automatically appears for the first ever verification but the person can still choose whether or not to show the veri. You cant choose whether to have a green tick or not.

After that the notification of a new veri only shows in the updates feed if you choose to show the veri when it is new (I think its for the first 5 days). If you show it after that time it doesnt appear on the updates feed.

It will still show in the verification summary if you have selected to show the summary on your profile page though.

"Just to clarify - the green tick automatically appears for the first ever verification but the person can still choose whether or not to show the veri. You cant choose whether to have a green tick or not.

After that the notification of a new veri only shows in the updates feed if you choose to show the veri when it is new (I think its for the first 5 days). If you show it after that time it doesnt appear on the updates feed.

It will still show in the verification summary if you have selected to show the summary on your profile page though."

I've verified people and it's shown straight away in my newsfeed that they've received a new veri. Looking at my local news feed there's multiple received new veri updates.

Just a thought but people can't verify you if they're outside your filters?

Why not set your filters to really old (99), but allow anyone to message you. I think that would actually work and you wouldn't have to block anyone.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Just to clarify - the green tick automatically appears for the first ever verification but the person can still choose whether or not to show the veri. You cant choose whether to have a green tick or not.

It will still show in the verification summary if you have selected to show the summary on your profile page though.

I've verified people and it's shown straight away in my newsfeed that they've received a new veri. Looking at my local news feed there's multiple received new veri updates. "

It will show if they have chosen to display the new veri sometime within the first 5 days or so

Leicester

"Just a thought but people can't verify you if they're outside your filters?

Why not set your filters to really old (99), but allow anyone to message you. I think that would actually work and you wouldn't have to block anyone."

Yes, I didn't realise that until recently. I'd only chatted to the girl at a club and as she said she was unverified I said I'd do her a social one. Cos her age limit was 40 it didn't register. Seems a bit daft that.

"Just a thought but people can't verify you if they're outside your filters?

Why not set your filters to really old (99), but allow anyone to message you. I think that would actually work and you wouldn't have to block anyone.

Yes, I didn't realise that until recently. I'd only chatted to the girl at a club and as she said she was unverified I said I'd do her a social one. Cos her age limit was 40 it didn't register. Seems a bit daft that."

I've never had that happen but have seen it enough times mentioned in the forums. Does seem a bit daft, especially if they can message you to arrange a meet, but might as well use it to it's advantage.

» Add a new message to this topic