FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocked for no apparent reason

Blocked for no apparent reason

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

we have been blocked by several people on here that we haven't had any interaction with which we find strange but obviously it's there choice. We were just wondering has any one found this happen to them or done this to people on here themselves. Mostly found this on forums by the way relating to club posts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They must have a reason, what did you do? Go on tell all...I won't block you i promise

As odd as it sounds, am beginning to block certain women as don't need people being bitches to me because I want sex. It's supposed to be fun.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

It might be that they are not into tattoos so rather than see your profile every time they search, they just block you because they know they are never going to want to play with you.

I have blocked loads of profiles that I believe to be fake, but there is nothing on your profile that would makes yours fall into that category.

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

some people pre-emptively block - they have already decided that, for whatever reason, they are not for you.

least you know you wouldn't get a knock-back now, by you messaging them

gives you more time to concentrate on the hundreds of other potential meets on here

I only block people that are :-

Younger

Sexier

Richer

Bigger dick

Six pack

Southerners

Posh people

Welsh

The list goes on so that one person who I haven't blocked yet .... Be careful

I like the profiles that threaten you with a block like it will dramatically change your life and everything will come crumbling down

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

"I like the profiles that threaten you with a block like it will dramatically change your life and everything will come crumbling down "

Slightly off-topic.. nice profile pic you have there

"It might be that they are not into tattoos so rather than see your profile every time they search, they just block you because they know they are never going to want to play with you.

I have blocked loads of profiles that I believe to be fake, but there is nothing on your profile that would makes yours fall into that category."

Only have one tattoo but each to their own.

Uch aye! Seem to have loads of random blocks but to be honest I never give it the slightest thought lol.

I found I get a fair few more whenever I voice an opinion lol

"I like the profiles that threaten you with a block like it will dramatically change your life and everything will come crumbling down

Slightly off-topic.. nice profile pic you have there "

That's awfully kind of you, your more than welcome to let me know directly...i'm pretty sure I haven't blocked you for putting your middle finger up at me

These all sound like valid reasons thanks for the replies

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

I do sometime block without any contact....people who constantly look at the profile but don't like tattoos or chubby girls - I am saving them from being offended

People who do mad status name and shame things - never going to meet you just in case

Overly aggressive profiles with loads of rules and thinly veiled hatred - again never going to meet you.....

Sometimes spontaneous blocking a of people who look repeatedly but have been on over a year and not meet verified - they are never going to meet me because they don't meet anyone

A block is not an insult. It is just a useful tool.

"we have been blocked by several people on here that we haven't had any interaction with which we find strange but obviously it's there choice. We were just wondering has any one found this happen to them or done this to people on here themselves. Mostly found this on forums by the way relating to club posts"

Your profile is long and veri specific in its requirements. We would block you because you do not fit with us. Blocking, in the absence of a "not interested" button, is the only way to indicate a profile does not suit.

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

The block button is a tool not a weapon.

"I do sometime block without any contact....people who constantly look at the profile but don't like tattoos or chubby girls - I am saving them from being offended

People who do mad status name and shame things - never going to meet you just in case

Overly aggressive profiles with loads of rules and thinly veiled hatred - again never going to meet you.....

Sometimes spontaneous blocking a of people who look repeatedly but have been on over a year and not meet verified - they are never going to meet me because they don't meet anyone

"

"A block is not an insult. It is just a useful tool."

We never take it as an insult it just piqued our curiosity as to reasons

"we have been blocked by several people on here that we haven't had any interaction with which we find strange but obviously it's there choice. We were just wondering has any one found this happen to them or done this to people on here themselves. Mostly found this on forums by the way relating to club posts"

Nothing strange about it really, after reading your profile and finding your only interest is females and nothing else, there seems little point in couples of single guys bumping into you again on the site therefor the easiest thing by far is to block you.

When the block jumps up at you its kind of positive.

At least you will not waste anyone's time messaging and avoid disapointments.

We also use block to stop people we wouldn't meet and are happy for those that think likewise to do the same.

Best not analyse too much , you will never work it out, just move on and enjoy the site xx

I often block couples where they're just looking for threesomes with women.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's just so that you don't keep coming up in searches etc.

I've done this recently, because I've received stupid messages and because they just haven't bothered to read my profile

I have no one on block and I could not give a monkey who block me and that's the truth ............. why worry if they block maybe its a blessing . lol

I frequently block people I have no desire to interact with. It can be for any number of reasons.

It's just an additional filter for me. If someone falls into the criteria for messaging me but I don't want them to its an easy way to prevent it.

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I'm always blocked by men after I say 'no thankyou' and they've sent a pissy message back.... It saves me the trouble doing it

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I know people have blocked us but I have no idea who and how many. I guess it's for various reasons but thinking too much about all this isn't a good idea.

You have a very specific style which may not appeal to some, although appeals to many. Also, you state you only want to meet women but no sex with women so that'll put off men, couples and all women who want both parties involved. As may others say they have looked see you aren't for them a blocked so there can be no further correspondence xx

Blocked for no apparent reason? Then blocks all men

"we have been blocked by several people on here that we haven't had any interaction with which we find strange but obviously it's there choice. We were just wondering has any one found this happen to them or done this to people on here themselves. Mostly found this on forums by the way relating to club posts

Blocked for no apparent reason? Then blocks all men "

But there is an obvious reason for that...They don't want to meet them...so your point is..?

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

There is always a reason people are blocked.

You just won't know what it is unless the blocker gives you advanced notice.

Our list is huge and incorporates many people for many reasons. And yes, we sometimes pre-emptively block if there's not the slightest chance we'll ever be interested in someone that repeatedly _iews us.

Wondering why is as pointless as a blunt pencil.

A

"There is always a reason people are blocked.

You just won't know what it is unless the blocker gives you advanced notice.

Our list is huge and incorporates many people for many reasons. And yes, we sometimes pre-emptively block if there's not the slightest chance we'll ever be interested in someone that repeatedly _iews us.

Wondering why is as pointless as a blunt pencil.

A"

Exactly this...The reason won't be apparent to you but to the blocker it's clear.

I block wingers, attention seekers, idiots and anyone else i fancy blocking, because it's MY block button.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

yes its happend a few times ..by people that have looked at me and dont want me to look at them i guess.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

Hi All, the block button is one we never use.

But for sure we are on many block list's lol..Connie x

How do you know if someone has blocked you? Xx

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"How do you know if someone has blocked you? Xx"

Try and _iew their profile.

You'll soon know!

A

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"we have been blocked by several people on here that we haven't had any interaction with which we find strange but obviously it's there choice. We were just wondering has any one found this happen to them or done this to people on here themselves. Mostly found this on forums by the way relating to club posts

Blocked for no apparent reason? Then blocks all men

But there is an obvious reason for that...They don't want to meet them...so your point is..?"

That maybe that's the reason why some people are blocking you. They don't want to meet you.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Our block list is stacked with people that we've had no interaction with, but we've seen while browsing but know we'll never want to meet. The main reason is so that we don't waste time reading through their profiles again.

"How do you know if someone has blocked you? Xx

Try and _iew their profile.

You'll soon know!

A"

Phew you haven't lol

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

I've not actually blocked anyone myself. I personally would only block someone if I felt they had done something wrong. I like to try and keep my profile as open as possible so that anyone can contact me. This open approach comes in useful during forum discussions were it can be useful for people to contact you privately to get clarification on your post before they post back. (Yes it does happen sometimes).

As far as I know I've only been blocked by three people. In all three cases it has been the result of them not liking posts I have made in the forums!!. In each ocasion they have sent me a message, normally not a very nice one, and told me they are going to block me. Each time I've thought 'How strange, well at least I won't find them in my next search'

Of course there maybe others who have blocked me that I don't know about. That's fine by me also.

At the end of the day I probably would never get on well with the people who have blocked me so really it's just an additional filter. The only difference is is that they have filtered themselves out and saved me the bother.

I rarely block. I do believe a few may have blocked us, can't for the life of me think why? I wouldnt stress it OP.

"Uch aye! Seem to have loads of random blocks but to be honest I never give it the slightest thought lol.

I found I get a fair few more whenever I voice an opinion lol "

This

Found another one just now - never interacted in here or in search and not even local so god knows!

I do use the block button - only ever to remove the constant "local updates" going on about "he did, she did, no cock, too many messages, etc"

Unfortunately you can't turn that feature off.

"I rarely block. I do believe a few may have blocked us, can't for the life of me think why? I wouldnt stress it OP. "

we are not stressing about it was more a post to find out reasons that's all. everyone has their reasons and are all valid. never thought it would spark a debate but that's great

Like my friend 5shortie said above..100s of opportunities on here..so don't get hung up on a block or two

Someone has sent us a message saying blocked and we have been by the sender which we found very funny lol

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

people block for all sorts of reasons and best not to take these things personally.

hell i get blocked yes by ppl who we have had a verbal disagreement but then it comes to FOLLOW THE LEADER ppl are like sheep a lot of their friends block you cos they have been asked to. dont worry about it. i look at it this way "they dont know what their missing" lol also some genuine ppl block if they have had a refusal and so they dont keep messaging you they block for that reason have fun

By *oveSlutForUseCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"The block button is a tool not a weapon."

Well that rather depends on how frail your ego is.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

If I find I'm blocked by a profile I consider all rational reasons and then normally settle on

"I was out of their league.. "

"If I find I'm blocked by a profile I consider all rational reasons and then normally settle on

"I was out of their league.. " "

By *oulmaanMan  over a year ago

halifax

i liked your reply/comment

at least you've not lost your soh

cheers

We have blocked because of people they have met.. not in a nasty way but too close to home way. People that we know from outside fab too..

From status updates, photos people put up etc and for forum posts

It saves problems later on

V here. I block to remove people from our updates that we won't ever meet.

You can't be everyone's cup of fancy..

Maybe they didn't like what you put on the forums/your status?

I got blocked by someone who I had been talking to for a while when I suggested meeting xxx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Some people see it as a slight, bless their fragile egos.

"A block is not an insult. It is just a useful tool.

Some people see it as a slight, bless their fragile egos."

In the wrong place then

We couldn't give a toss if we are blocked not the end of the world is it

But, you've blocked all single guys!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

the second I give blocking others, or being blocked a second thought...... off I go.

blocking is more often than not, a blessing for both parties......

Dumb question..but how do you know you've been blocked??

"Dumb question..but how do you know you've been blocked??"

When you click on their profile and you get the message:

"this profile is not available for you to _iew. this may be because....."

"Dumb question..but how do you know you've been blocked??

"this profile is not available for you to _iew. this may be because.....""

Thanks. I've never had that before….and don't you dare haha! I'm sure I'll be blocked to buggery now!

"But, you've blocked all single guys! "

How can you block all single guys ?

"Dumb question..but how do you know you've been blocked??"

When you look at a profile

"You can't _iew this profile

This can be one of three things: User's account is suspended by admin, user has blocked you or you have blocked user."

recently I had someone check something for me, turns out the account was suspended I wasn't blocked. So you can't always be !00% sure

Thanks. I've never had that before….and don't you dare haha! I'm sure I'll be blocked to buggery now!

"

I can see why you've never been blocked, people would be made to do it x

When you look at a profile

"You can't _iew this profile

This can be one of three things: User's account is suspended by admin, user has blocked you or you have blocked user."

recently I had someone check something for me, turns out the account was suspended I wasn't blocked. So you can't always be !00% sure

"

Thanks

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Better than being blocked by buggery

I've been blocked a few times just for fabbing peoples pics, got a msg from them saying your not our thing and your blocked!! Some people are just rude

"But, you've blocked all single guys! "

Who has ? We haven't in our block list it's just one pushy male

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

"I've been blocked a few times just for fabbing peoples pics, got a msg from them saying your not our thing and your blocked!! Some people are just rude"

theres nothing rude about that, they are letting you no they arent interested in you, effectively saving your time, and using the block button as a tool as it should be, this isnt facebook.

By *aeriequeenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

You go in the chatrooms like I do that gets me blocked. It's some of the other single women that get fed up with reading me chatting to everyone. Also maybe they don't like me _iewing them. I find it a bit sad as I love chatting to other single women and having a laugh.

I've also been blocked for fabbing women's pics as I don't always check if they're bi. As far as im concerned a good pic is worth fabbing whatever.

Im not unduly bothered by any of it.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

there is always a reason people are blocked.... its just that the reason may not be apparent to you......

and here endeth the sermon....

"You go in the chatrooms like I do that gets me blocked. It's some of the other single women that get fed up with reading me chatting to everyone. Also maybe they don't like me _iewing them. I find it a bit sad as I love chatting to other single women and having a laugh.

I've also been blocked for fabbing women's pics as I don't always check if they're bi. As far as im concerned a good pic is worth fabbing whatever.

Im not unduly bothered by any of it.

"

By *aughtynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

"

"

We do this

If i'm going thru my newsfeed and there's a status i find offensive i'll block the profile. If there's pics and they're not my type i'll block the profile.

The reason why you will have been blocked may not be apparent to you, but will be very apparent to those who have blocked you.

There could be many possible reasons, but if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it.

You're not going to appeal to everyone, so rather than worry about the ones that have blocked you, why not focus on those who haven't

I block people who post constant bs on my news feed, things like demanding guys pay for the hotel cost when meeting a couple, only looking for "fit" guys etc. obviously il never meet these people so no need to read their bs demands on my feed.

"If i'm going thru my newsfeed and there's a status i find offensive i'll block the profile. If there's pics and they're not my type i'll block the profile. "

Yip likewise

"If i'm going thru my newsfeed and there's a status i find offensive i'll block the profile. If there's pics and they're not my type i'll block the profile.

Yip likewise "

I do this regualry. Any guys who put up statuses that slag off women or who are constantly leaving, whingeing about time wasters etc

"If i'm going thru my newsfeed and there's a status i find offensive i'll block the profile. If there's pics and they're not my type i'll block the profile.

Yip likewise

I do this regualry. Any guys who put up statuses that slag off women or who are constantly leaving, whingeing about time wasters etc"

Agree

Yip likewise

I do this regualry. Any guys who put up statuses that slag off women or who are constantly leaving, whingeing about time wasters etc

Agree"

+1

Usualy it's cause you come in thier searches and they arnt attracted to you so they just block you now you arnt int her searches or you've said something they dislike in the forum and want to make sure they don't meet you (ie bareback)

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

Drama queens are number one on my block list. New status every day ranting about something etc.

Followed by people who post lots of meet request status's and later post how good it was but have few to no veris.

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

The block list is a tool - no more no less.

Just like filters.

I use mine for people I am not interested in - it may be from a forum post, a status update, something in their profile, or messages, or even a picture.

Its not for no apparent reason from my side.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"The block list is a tool - no more no less.

Just like filters.

I use mine for people I am not interested in - it may be from a forum post, a status update, something in their profile, or messages, or even a picture.

Its not for no apparent reason from my side."

This! Don't understand why people get so het up.

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"If i'm going thru my newsfeed and there's a status i find offensive i'll block the profile. If there's pics and they're not my type i'll block the profile. "

This

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

"The block list is a tool - no more no less.

Just like filters.

Its not for no apparent reason from my side."

Was going to write exactly this

By *lassyandadventurousMan  over a year ago

England and Wales

Some people dont like tattoos.....too many can be off putting but too be honest i wouldnt block you for that reason

Hope that helps

We get blocked all the time, can't for the life of me understand why?

How rude! i do think sometimes it's a shame, your missing out on such a fantastic pair!

I really wouldn't sweat it OP. If your thinking why? Constantly... You'll drive yourself mad.. It could be something extremely trivial? Guess you'll never know.

We block those who we have no desire to meet , and sometimes it may just be because they have expressed an interest in bareback on the forums .

Other times it may be because they have messaged for a meet and we don't fancy them .

And occasionally we block simply because we don't like their status updates !

By *exy hot wife 84Couple  over a year ago

Stevenage

We have blocked about 200 people just because they live in the same town as us! Don't take it personally, just don't want to shit on our own doorstep.

[Removed by poster at 23/05/15 12:28:04]

"I'm trying to tailor the site to my specific requirements so I block every profile that i don't like which comes up in a search I use...it's nothing personal it's just that I know we'll never meet."

Wouldn't worry, we block for loads of reasons.

The other people said no- make sure we don't annoy them again.

We said no- no point in continuing.

They sounded like arses or annoyed us on the forums.

Mega stroppy status updates or forum posts.

Blips or continual let downs.

Just because.

Block buttons there to use as each person sees for.

If someone blocks us it's no loss just move on, plenty others on here

Dx

They may recognise you...so rather than develop awkwardness they blocked you?

I recognised my Aunty...simply blocked her! Simple lol

By *eordie JoJoTV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle

I've been here 2 an half years and just realised that other people look at my profile to see where my verifications come from ... Then they contact them ... Only realised when another Tgirl kept looking at my profile (I don't play with other Tgirls) and when I checked her profile and verifications... They were all the same lads that left me verifications .... (And after me may I add) So now hide my verifications bar one and blocked the bitch ..... Source your own fooking cock ..... ... Some people get to your profile through others verifications too, as nebby to see who they have been with.... But block away .... I couldn't give 2 hoots .... But before you block ... Kiss my hoop

I block if someone messages and in not interested only one time have I blocked someone straight away without contact n that was cos i know them from the area x

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

It happens all the time. Sometimes I will do a search and go to _iew profiles only to find I am blocked. I know I have never had any interaction with the profile owner.

[Removed by poster at 24/05/15 01:28:13]

It always happens here, you will get the odd "stuck up ones" that blocks, happens to me to, don't worry about it op lol.

I don't get why people worry about it so much you won't always know you've been blocked, you don't have to have talked

there's a reason get over it move on to ones that haven't block you.

Some people have addiction to power, which is exemplified by the block button. Maybe it's nit you, it's them?

Must be mad blocking you may have hit wrong button I'd hit the hotlist button if I was them

By *aeriequeenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

"I don't get why people worry about it so much you won't always know you've been blocked, you don't have to have talked

there's a reason get over it move on to ones that haven't block you."

Im not bothered just slightly bemused

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Happens quite a bit..Often a time saver,why waste other people's time if yr not interested? Makes total sense to me..

Pride bruised a little?

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

I was messaged by someone I'd had zero contact with telling me they were blocking me. Found that rather bizarre

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Not sure the point of telling someone. I block few people for friend requests without messaging and also for people that just won't be meeting, even if there has not been any contact.

By *elsimCouple  over a year ago

colchester

Has anyone blocked us? We don't know!

Interesting thread.

"I only block people that are :-

Younger

Sexier

Richer

Bigger dick

Six pack

Southerners

Posh people

Welsh

The list goes on so that one person who I haven't blocked yet .... Be careful "

Amazed to find I've not been blocked yet then! I'm not welsh or sexier but I possibly tick many of your other boxes.

I block if I think its a fake profile and they keep looking at my profile and not yet mailed me .

I also block if they are becoming annoying and wont take NO for an answer .

I do always reply even to unverified stating why I am not interested and some get aggressive so they are blocked .

yep block button works well .

Yes I find its narrow minded ppl that think there better than every one else

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

why worry.......

it is just a profile on a internet site.

Yeah a fem blocked my partner on here and I have discovered she blocked me too - no idea why it's not as if I contribute too much to the boards and I make exceptional care not to upset anyone and I know for sure I wouldn't want interaction with that person. I personally find it amusing that I appear to have unknowingly appalled someone so much to block me .

Try not to take it personally - there are plenty other folks you/your partner will appeal to.

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

I have my local updates showing in my newsfeed. It's a very simple thing, if there is someone on there that I have zero attraction to, I block them

That way they no longer show on the updates, and someone else will... Who I may be interested in

Same with searches, those in my block list, don't show on any searches

I don't understand why folks think the block function is a personal thing?

It's a tool to use on this site so that you can find people you works like to meet?

"I got blocked by someone who I had been talking to for a while when I suggested meeting xxx"

They probably realised you would leave the site soon !

[Removed by poster at 24/05/15 14:22:24]

» Add a new message to this topic