FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Question for couples

Question for couples

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For those couples who meet separately.

I guess it's almost a poly scenario I'm on about but have you ever found yourself in a position where one (or both) of you has become involved in what is essentially a relationship of sorts with another person?

If so, how did it work?

And for any singles that have been involved in anything like this, how did it work for you?

And just to avoid confusion, I'm not talking about 'swing couples' here, but couples who, for whatever reason, also swing separately.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple36DDCouple  over a year ago

Holloway

When we lived overseas, Paul and I used to meet a couple on a regular basis and became very close. I (sara) used to often meet the male half of the couple separately which Paul was ok with as we were all friends.

It started when I went round to meet my girlfriend for a coffee (they lived close) and she was delayed at work so her husband and I went upstairs and had sex.

We would meet regularly after that. It felt like I had 2 husbands.

We would like to have the same suiuation in the UK but unlikely to find a similar couple.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's an idea that my wife and i find very sexy, however 99.99% of guys on here don't have what it takes. And that can be geographic. As well as personality. (9 times out of ten though it is personality!).

"For those couples who meet separately.

I guess it's almost a poly scenario I'm on about but have you ever found yourself in a position where one (or both) of you has become involved in what is essentially a relationship of sorts with another person?

If so, how did it work?

And for any singles that have been involved in anything like this, how did it work for you?

And just to avoid confusion, I'm not talking about 'swing couples' here, but couples who, for whatever reason, also swing separately. "

Yes, I have a couple of longer term partners who are basically just sex meets. Both of my longer term more-than-sex partners are absolutely fine about it.

I also see someone for sex who is in a long term relationship with a partner, and that's fine too.

What would you like to know about how it works?

This is my ideal, even just someone I have a connection with to meet for sex long term

I'm assuming it's a bit easier when they live away from your nesting partner, unless they have a really good relationship with eachother as well

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If so, how did it work?

And just to avoid confusion, I'm not talking about 'swing couples' here, but couples who, for whatever reason, also swing separately.

Yes, I have a couple of longer term partners who are basically just sex meets. Both of my longer term more-than-sex partners are absolutely fine about it.

I also see someone for sex who is in a long term relationship with a partner, and that's fine too.

What would you like to know about how it works?"

I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.

What happens when /if feelings become involved? How does the core relationship deal with that? Or is it damaging to the single involved to allow emotions to come into play? Do you have any sort of friendship with your partners partner?

"

What happens when /if feelings become involved? How does the core relationship deal with that? Or is it damaging to the single involved to allow emotions to come into play? Do you have any sort of friendship with your partners partner?"

I don't personally have a 'core relationship'. One of my partners does though. They are not afraid of other peoples feelings getting involved - humans naturally care about and feel for people they enjoy spending time with.

I don't see why it would be damaging for the 'single' to have emotions either, as long as the other person was open to them and happy with them - of course. Although note that if you're in a relationship with someone then you're not 'the single' any longer of course!

I am personally friends with all my partners partners. My partners are all friends with each other. In fact my two long term partners go out for lunch with each other reasonably often without me if they're both in the same place at the same time. I've also been out with my partners partners without the middleman too, it can be good fun. The thing is, you're likely to date people who are at least a bit similar to each other, so the chances are that you'll get on as friends too.

Shaz had a girl friend for about 6 months or so, was alot of fun while it lasted but she started wanting more that Shaz was prepaired to offer so Shaz had to put a stop to it

I think polyamory relationships could be fun but could become real complicated if 2 out of the 3? became more involved leaving the other parties feeling left out.

By *ouple36DDCouple  over a year ago

Holloway

If so, how did it work?

What would you like to know about how it works?

What happens when /if feelings become involved? How does the core relationship deal with that? Or is it damaging to the single involved to allow emotions to come into play? Do you have any sort of friendship with your partners partner?"

You raise a good point and the only reason I was seeing my girlfriends husband was that as 2 married couples we were all close. We would all have sex as a group and it was the next step to start meeting seperately. It also improved our sex life as Paul love hearing about me being fucked by someone else

By *ickedxxxCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

We're reading the post and for us that could never happen. However we are friends with all our regular partners and we still stay in contact with those who have given up swinging for relationships. The though of emotional feelings other than in a friendship way doesn't come into it.

» Add a new message to this topic