FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > give out my phone number? advice from experienced swingers please

give out my phone number? advice from experienced swingers please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, we are a couple, been using fans a couple of months. Strange thing happened this morning......a couple messages us, we replied, they agreed a social meet would be good so I sent my number so we could talk on phone to arrange things. Next time I looked on their profile, which was only about 45 minutes later - the fans website message popped up " this user has left the site". So my question is - does this happen often? When is the best time to give phone number? Mandy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We rarely if ever give ours out to people we haven't met. Don't see the need for phone chats to prove we are genuine and you need to meet in the flesh to see that you really get on.

If you want to give a nu,ber out and are hesitant to do so just get a cheap pay as you go and use that as a swinging phone

hi we have an old phone that we use 4 here and give that number out 2 people once weve chatted 4 a bit !!! and its handy if you don't want any of your kids etc getting hold of it lol

I've only given mine out to a couple people. I learned the hard way after being hassled by a guy!

I use kik.

By *irishladMan  over a year ago

Malahide

KIK messenger is the way forward no need to give out ur number

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We don't give out our number willy nilly and very rarely chat on the phone prior to meeting.

If we do exchange numbers its usually the day or so before the meet and more to drop a text when we are leaving etc

I agree. Best to be careful so time wasters and trouble makers are kep at bay until you're 100 % certain. Modern phones can be good as you can download apps to block unwanted text as well as calls - even get the true details of withheld numbers

If they won't chat real time on kik I'm wary. If they won't meet socially Iknow they're almost certainly dodgy.

I suspect there's a few data collectors on here but can't prove it.

Get a pay as you go swinging phone

Kik defo way forward

Not sure if kik is the same as BBM, but can be used on any phone. Just download the app, no need for a phone numbers to be given out and can set up a 'group' for chats with multiple people.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hi, we are a couple, been using fans a couple of months. Strange thing happened this morning......a couple messages us, we replied, they agreed a social meet would be good so I sent my number so we could talk on phone to arrange things. Next time I looked on their profile, which was only about 45 minutes later - the fans website message popped up " this user has left the site". So my question is - does this happen often? When is the best time to give phone number? Mandy."

Yes it does happen fairly often, a meet gets arranged then the person leaves the site. It isn't you they got cold feet or weren't who they said they were and would have been found out of they did meet you. Better luck next time

I won't use kik, if someone can't exchange a phone number for a quick chat then I won't consider a meet.

I also find married men hide behind kik to

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

we use a "safe" mobile number to liaise with on days of meets, if they don't turn up nothing is compromised

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Hi, we are a couple, been using fans a couple of months. Strange thing happened this morning......a couple messages us, we replied, they agreed a social meet would be good so I sent my number so we could talk on phone to arrange things. Next time I looked on their profile, which was only about 45 minutes later - the fans website message popped up " this user has left the site". So my question is - does this happen often? When is the best time to give phone number? Mandy."
I just keep a separate phone number for sex activities . I prefer to speak on the phone to check that people are genuine . I see a fee regulars who know that I answer at any time so I can pop over if they want an instant meet . It only ever caused a problem once when some nutter started phoning me about 15 times per hour and also through the night . I could not just ignore this phone as it was the only number various other meets had for me . Luckily it stopped after about two weeks .

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

We use a PAYG swingfone, primarily so I can ask for a fem to fem chat. If they are not willing to do that then you can bet your bottom dollar its some sad todger tugger pretending to be a couple

By *jandjbCouple  over a year ago

Nr Manchester

We ought to get a "shag phone". It sounds in this case that the "couple" were fake. If not meeting in a club - or even if you are- there are advantages to being able to text or talk to people.

Him

Unless you have a separate phone for fab , never give your number out , ever

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan  over a year ago

London

"KIK messenger is the way forward no need to give out ur number "

By *inecrestMan  over a year ago

West Yorks

To the OP: obviously I don't know the full details of the timescale of your contact with the couple, but it sounds as though you just might have freaked them out - just being too fast and too direct for them. They might have felt obligated to give you their phone number and were not comfortable with that. Some members here like to move slowly and cautiously towards arranging a meet.

Once I feel I've got some sort of connection I'll give out my number. Sometimes this just fizzles out and I don't hear from them which is fine. If they're complete idiots, I block them at all points. It's never caused me a problem. I used to use kik but found it encouraged picture collectors and fakes.

By *uietlyBohemianCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Separate play-phone always, until after a good meet (or two!)

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

"Get a pay as you go swinging phone

"

By *epper123Woman  over a year ago

London

I give my number out to verified if we are about to meet, but there is always the option that anyone can hassle or bombard you. I make it clear no calls or pics or sex texts. If they dont believe I am real after reading my veris then its their problem, not mine. These daysprefer to meet at clubs.

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

I don't have a separate number for fabsters..i give it out to our potential meets..not had any grief yet from it..

Just be careful giving out your mobile number that may be linked to social media accounts. Instant access to anyone you may not want knowing about your extra curricular activities

Yes unfortunately this happens quite often. I remember it happing to me before, kinda leaves you wondering. I no longer give out my number. Lesson well learnt !

"Just be careful giving out your mobile number that may be linked to social media accounts. Instant access to anyone you may not want knowing about your extra curricular activities"

Yes, I've got this one covered. I notice quite a few fellas don't though! I do always let them know in case it bothers them.

I'd say as a couple use kik no need for numbers to be exchanged

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

we have a phone only for our fun

Thanks for the advice. We will be more cautious in future.

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

Personally use kik or skype to verify who they are before the social. You have been clever enough though to have a phone just for fun. Chalk that one up to experience and good luck in the future.

"Thanks for the advice. We will be more cautious in future. "

Buy a new sim and phone too much teases days are linked even if you search someone's number on facebook you find them so be careful x

By *orn_To_PerformCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"We use a PAYG swingfone, primarily so I can ask for a fem to fem chat. If they are not willing to do that then you can bet your bottom dollar its some sad todger tugger pretending to be a couple "

Sorry just had to quote this because I chuckled so much at 'todger tugger'!

We don't want to use apps that need to be downloaded and that our kids know how to use - only use fab and Twitter - log in online in private. We only give our number the day of a meet in case of problems. We haven't had any problems with this so far.

We do still get lots of fake profiles on here (1 guy has contacted us 4 times on 4 different profiles but didn't think to use different pictures!!) but have learnt to filter the majority out before giving personal info out

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"I won't use kik, if someone can't exchange a phone number for a quick chat then I won't consider a meet.

I also find married men hide behind kik to"

"I won't use kik, if someone can't exchange a phone number for a quick chat then I won't consider a meet.

I also find married men hide behind kik to "

As a single male I give my number out quickly. First it proves I'm a real person and single

Second I want to make sure there is a female half of the couple.

Third it's usually the male half cell # and couples don't stalk single males.

Last you can always use the block feature on your phone

Get yourself a fuck phone xx

yes, all good advice fellow fabbers - thanks. mandy.

I won't give out my number to randoms. When I first joined I gave it to a few. Very quickly learnt that alot only want your number so they can talk dirty and wank no intention to meet. If they want that go and call a sex line and pay for it.

"We use a PAYG swingfone, primarily so I can ask for a fem to fem chat. If they are not willing to do that then you can bet your bottom dollar its some sad todger tugger pretending to be a couple "

Really? We're not the only couple to have said we don't give our number out - are we fake?

As a single male I give my number out quickly. First it proves I'm a real person and single

Last you can always use the block feature on your phone "

Does the block only work on an I phone?

By *ity Slickers PartiesCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Milan, Italy

Last you can always use the block feature on your phone "

You are absolutely right! I couldn't agree with you more

I don't know what's the problem with some people in giving away a mobile number even to text only, once you have taken all necessary steps in here and you decide to meet! What could it possibly go wrong in giving away your mobile number?

I most certainly wouldn't go anywhere without a mobile number of that person I am meeting in case something goes wrong and I need to contact them at the last minute... and even if they were coming to me... Honestly! I am going to give away my address and they are hesitant in giving away a mobile number!!??

I have never had any problems in giving away my number, worse come to the worse I would ignore the phone call or as you say it's easy enough to download an app to block people from calling you!

Come on guys this is the 21st Century

Hounestly never never give out any number unless the ppl have been on fr 12 month plus I've noticed a lot of ppl have left the site

Last you can always use the block feature on your phone

Does the block only work on an I phone?"

I think all phones have that feature now. If not you can always download a free app to block calls.

» Add a new message to this topic