FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > make-up

make-up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tacey_CD1 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Liverpool

Hi am a closet CD never gone out dressed. Was woundering if anyone has some make-up tips for me after watching hours of YouTube videos am none the wiser check my pics an if u can advise please do.

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You have small lips so never use a dark lipstick. Mascara or false eyelashes is a must. Experiment with a dark blusher to change shape of face (narrower or shorter).

It's all about the contouring

You tube is handy but you can't beat just an evening practising and trying things out and a whole heap of baby wipes

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Use a good foumdation..

Dont be shy .. go to the Debenham counter and ask for sample s for your skin type. .to ensure good coverage ..

Lots of men wear makeup .

Go for it .... x

N let us know how you got on x

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

I work with make-up and can honestly tell you if a man comes in asking for make-up for himself I don't bat an eyelid and as I have lots of friends who perform in drag I'm more than happy to help - okay it's not that common but the staff in your local store have probably seen it all before and if you feel intimidated just don't go back there!

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

Your major pick up lines need to be;

Foundation

Bronzer & highlighter (or contour kit)

Mascara

Eye liner (liquid is better for a sharp line than pencil)

Eyeshadow palette with basic colours

Eyebrow pencil

Lip colour - or just a gloss

& most importantly a really good set of brushes!! If you skimp on those then you can use the best make-up on the market and it still won't look great lol

I recommend (all by real techniques);

Beauty blender sponge (for foundation)

Sculpting brush / retractable kabuki brush (should be slanted for contouring)

Blending / shadow brush (for eyes)

And expert face brush for any highlighter/powder or basically any other needs lol

"I work with make-up and can honestly tell you if a man comes in asking for make-up for himself I don't bat an eyelid and as I have lots of friends who perform in drag I'm more than happy to help - okay it's not that common but the staff in your local store have probably seen it all before and if you feel intimidated just don't go back there! "
watching this thread for tips

"Your major pick up lines need to be;

Foundation

Mascara

Eyebrow pencil

& most importantly a really good set of brushes!! If you skimp on those then you can use the best make-up on the market and it still won't look great lol

And expert face brush for any highlighter/powder or basically any other needs lol"

You nailed it. xx

Phew Lisa you definitely nailed it. Xxxc

Practise practise and more practise

And like ive been told less is more...as to much can really be too much.

Why not consider having a makeover and you can see just how good you can look...and watch and ask what techniques they use

By *rettyLittleThingWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

"Your major pick up lines need to be;

Foundation

Mascara

Eyebrow pencil

And expert face brush for any highlighter/powder or basically any other needs lol"

This exactly

Highlighter is a must (a contouring kit is even better to give you more of a subtle shape to the face).

I also would switch the eyebrow pencil for a eye and brow palette. I would be so lost without my HD brows palette.

Keep watching the videos, and don't worry about getting all of the above, just slowly create a collection. Also If you are worried abot asking someone (I hate asking assistants) you can always order it online.

By *ionaScarletTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

Less is definitely more.

I find its all about the eyes - get the eyemakeup right and pretty much everything else falls into place.

Nice solid black eyeliner - a bit thicker on the farthest parts of the eyelid from your nose. A dab of something light and sparkly near the tear duct works well sometimes.

Do NOT use blue or green eyeshadow unless you really know what you are doing. Go for something like a dark purple or brown and blend with a lighter colour - light colour nearest the nose and darker colour towards the outer edge of the eylid.

After that all you need is a decent foundation - a bit of colour in the cheeks and a decent lippy and you're good to go

By *ionaScarletTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

ooh - also - when taking pictures - hold the camera up and look up into it

Trust me on this - I've been misrepresenting myself like this forever lol

experiment ,practice,practice,practice n have fun

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

We are across the Mersey to you at Townhouse and we have a TGirl night on the 4th Thursday of the month. I am a make up artist and have worked with lots of our TGirls to get their make up right and easy for them to replicate. I offer free make up tips at these events, you just need to book in advance.

If you want to treat yourself, there are some 'dressing' services in Liverpool you may want to look at. Dress Me Up is one of them

Good luck and enjoy! xx

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

"We are across the Mersey to you at Townhouse and we have a TGirl night on the 4th Thursday of the month. I am a make up artist and have worked with lots of our TGirls to get their make up right and easy for them to replicate. I offer free make up tips at these events, you just need to book in advance.

If you want to treat yourself, there are some 'dressing' services in Liverpool you may want to look at. Dress Me Up is one of them

Good luck and enjoy! xx"

can I ask if any tv/ts have gone to a make-up artist? Seems like a good personalised starting point, better than a tutorial. You can talk about what you are aiming for, different looks, colour palettes that suits you, every question asked. x

By *mandaboundTV/TS  over a year ago

Newton Le Willows

I echo all of the above. I got some advice from a female friend and never looked back. Loads of trial and error with cheap products so that now I don't waste the good stuff

By *mber99TV/TS  over a year ago

reading

I started off by having a couple of make-up lessons from the brilliant Visions dressing service (alas they are no more)...I see a lot of dressing services offer this and would highly recommend. Then it is matter of practice and being willing to experiment. Items to go for the more glam look which probably isn't suitable for the supermarket but not my target audience. I must say that good brushes are also important. I find M.A.C makeup very good...

» Add a new message to this topic