FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Advice required

Advice required

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I recently sent a couple a first message. Their profile stated they wanted conversation rather than a one liner. So I composed an email based on their profile.

They emailed back saying that I had cut and paste and it wasn't attractive.

The didn't have names so I couldn't refer them them and there wasn't any detail to include in the text to show that it was unique so what did I do wrong?

I would never have have never copied and pasted a message as I wouldn't like it. Advice please?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I recently sent a couple a first message. Their profile stated they wanted conversation rather than a one liner. So I composed an email based on their profile.

The didn't have names so I couldn't refer them them and there wasn't any detail to include in the text to show that it was unique so what did I do wrong?

I would never have have never copied and pasted a message as I wouldn't like it. Advice please? "

About what?

Will always happen, the first message is always the hardest one.

I have a couple of stick phrases, mostly about what i want etc, but do try and find the trigger points in a profile to follow up on.

but if there is nothing in the profile to tell you what they are looking for then it is a shot in the dark...giggity.

accept that some people will be like that, chalk it up to experience, and move on.

"I recently sent a couple a first message. Their profile stated they wanted conversation rather than a one liner. So I composed an email based on their profile.

I would never have have never copied and pasted a message as I wouldn't like it. Advice please?

About what?"

Why did they think it was copied? What's the best opening email?

"Will always happen, the first message is always the hardest one.

I have a couple of stick phrases, mostly about what i want etc, but do try and find the trigger points in a profile to follow up on.

but if there is nothing in the profile to tell you what they are looking for then it is a shot in the dark...giggity.

accept that some people will be like that, chalk it up to experience, and move on."

should read stock phrases, not stick, need my glasses on, lol

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't understand why people get so uptight about cut and paste messages. As long as the sender remembers to change or remove the names I can't see a problem. Some people really do want their meets to perform circus tricks

accept that some people will be like that, chalk it up to experience, and move on.

should read stock phrases, not stick, need my glasses on, lol"

Lol. I sent this....

Hi both, How are you? Great profile and pics. Both very sexy. I'm ***. Beend swinging for a while. I go to Xstacia and cams even I can and have been know to frequent various dogging sites. What are you 2 into? What have you been searching for on fab and have you found it? *** xx

"I don't understand why people get so uptight about cut and paste messages. As long as the sender remembers to change or remove the names I can't see a problem. Some people really do want their meets to perform circus tricks "

They so do. This isn't a dating site. Let's face it we are all here to fuck not make mates. I really do try and be creative but I don't want to go to far.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't understand why people get so uptight about cut and paste messages. As long as the sender remembers to change or remove the names I can't see a problem. Some people really do want their meets to perform circus tricks

They so do. This isn't a dating site. Let's face it we are all here to fuck not make mates. I really do try and be creative but I don't want to go to far. "

I disagree with your third sentence .

Hope you have a better response in future though.

Lol. I sent this....

Hi both, How are you? Great profile and pics. Both very sexy. I'm ***. Beend swinging for a while. I go to Xstacia and cams even I can and have been know to frequent various dogging sites. What are you 2 into? What have you been searching for on fab and have you found it? *** xx"

ahh the asterisks are a dead give away for a cut and paste message, lose those and you will be fine.

By *eithoWoman  over a year ago

Chatham

Lol. I sent this....

Hi both, How are you? Great profile and pics. Both very sexy. I'm ***. Beend swinging for a while. I go to Xstacia and cams even I can and have been know to frequent various dogging sites. What are you 2 into? What have you been searching for on fab and have you found it? *** xx"

Obviously I haven't seen their profile but to me that sounds very generic.

Nobody likes a "Round Robin"

Lol. I sent this....

Hi both, How are you? Great profile and pics. Both very sexy. I'm ***. Beend swinging for a while. I go to Xstacia and cams even I can and have been know to frequent various dogging sites. What are you 2 into? What have you been searching for on fab and have you found it? *** xx

ahh the asterisks are a dead give away for a cut and paste message, lose those and you will be fine.

"

That was just for this tread! Lol

Lol. I sent this....

Obviously I haven't seen their profile but to me that sounds very generic. "

There's not a lot on their profile. Hence the questions.

Lol. I sent this....

Obviously I haven't seen their profile but to me that sounds very generic. "

This. It's totally generic and shows no personality and is poorly written with typos.

And remember that people look at your profile and picture as well, the whole package needs to be appealing. You never get a second chance to make a first impression

Lol. I sent this....

Obviously I haven't seen their profile but to me that sounds very generic.

There's not a lot on their profile. Hence the questions. "

But you said it was a great profile - or was that just an empty compliment?

Lol. I sent this....

Check your spelling and punctuation. And don't ask what people are into or if they found what they are looking for.

Lol. I sent this....

Check your spelling and punctuation. And don't ask what people are into or if they found what they are looking for. "

Fair point. I hadn't noticed the mistakes until I added them to this post. I'm normally really good. I put it down to being on my phone not my laptop. (Poor excuse!)

Thanks for the advice though.

About what?

Why did they think it was copied? What's the best opening email? "

If anyone either knew the answer to that, or told you....then you would be copying....?

By *ngeluk69Woman  over a year ago

Near enough

I had a guy message me this morning saying 'hi, how u what u into'

Looked at his profile - totally blank and when i asked him why it was blank he said he couldn't be bothered to fill it in...my reply was 'well, I'm sorry but that says everything to me'

Two things that annoy me when someone send the first message is when they quote everything back to me or they insist on using text speak.

Its nice to have someone pick up on things from the profile and use them as an opener (plenty of those opps on mine) but if someone quoted my profile back to me, I'd switch off.

Text speak and typos will kill you Stone dead.

we dont cut and paste but our introductory messages dont differ much - but we do try and include something relevant to the profile we chatting to

"I had a guy message me this morning saying 'hi, how u what u into'

Looked at his profile - totally blank and when i asked him why it was blank he said he couldn't be bothered to fill it in...my reply was 'well, I'm sorry but that says everything to me'

Two things that annoy me when someone send the first message is when they quote everything back to me or they insist on using text speak.

Its nice to have someone pick up on things from the profile and use them as an opener (plenty of those opps on mine) but if someone quoted my profile back to me, I'd switch off."

This

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Man's life

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I will read a message where the sender has spent sometime thinking about our advert and the kind of things we have in common. If someone takes time over this then they are going to take time over other more interesting things in our experience.

One liners, text speak and the same message shipped out several times do nothing I'm afraid. x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Man's life"

Life!

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

Lol. I sent this....

"

OP: you're message was fine IMO, a couple of good open questions with a few facts about youself. I suspect you were simpy unlucky, or maybe caught them at a bad time.

While it is sad that we only get one chance to make a first impression, try not to dwell on it: it sounds like they weren't your type anyway.

Keep your chin up, and better luck next time.

Mr ddc

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I would never have have never copied and pasted a message as I wouldn't like it. Advice please? "

Move on...

About what?

Why did they think it was copied? What's the best opening email? "

Take no notice about the copy and paste. I once emailed a woman who wanted people to email her describing what they would do to them if they met. I spent hours typing a story only to get told I copied and pasted it. I also got blocked lol.

» Add a new message to this topic