FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Feel I'm being stalked

Feel I'm being stalked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was contacted by a 'couple' last night.

Apparently they lived close by. They really liked me. They swiftly want to meet me. Like right away. They can accom etc etc.

Hot pics of the female half.... But they looked familiar. I've been contacted by this couple before and I blocked them. I'm sure.

Sure enough today they've gone unlos.

Does this happen a lot?

Spooks me that someone is trying to lure me somewhere.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Happens a lot to me an ex fb cant wont let go.

"Happens a lot to me an ex fb cant wont let go."

this and i dont get why

By *andy_tomMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

It can happen , if your not interested block and move on , if you are interested contact them back . Lucky you ,

It happens a lot with time wasters and pic collectors

I've had that on a few occasions now and it can feel very creepy and unsettling.

Well done for recognising them and keeping yourself safe.

Have you thought about using verification filters and newbie filters?

If you don't mind I will PM you with my "stalker" routine?

Xx

"It happens a lot with time wasters and pic collectors"

and people who cant understand a block

so they delete and start up another profile to winge and wine about

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"I was contacted by a 'couple' last night.

Apparently they lived close by. They really liked me. They swiftly want to meet me. Like right away. They can accom etc etc.

Hot pics of the female half.... But they looked familiar. I've been contacted by this couple before and I blocked them. I'm sure.

Sure enough today they've gone unlos.

Does this happen a lot?

Spooks me that someone is trying to lure me somewhere. "

If you feel uneasy about meeting like that suggest meeting in public place first like a busy pub or bar. If they are genuine then they shouldn't have a problem.

"Happens a lot to me an ex fb cant wont let go.

this and i dont get why

"

Me neither.

"I've had that on a few occasions now and it can feel very creepy and unsettling.

Xx"

Hi,, yes please pm me. I get the feeling this might be the third time this 'couple' have appeared.

They weren't all that new. A month or two and one veri. I can't look to see now as they've gone unlos.

"I've had that on a few occasions now and it can feel very creepy and unsettling.

Xx

Hi,, yes please pm me. I get the feeling this might be the third time this 'couple' have appeared.

They weren't all that new. A month or two and one veri. I can't look to see now as they've gone unlos. "

If you are site supporter save the messages that way you can tell to degree of others are from them folk have habit wording or using same words happens with ex fb.

I've had this before which is why my settings are set so newbies can't mail me

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"I've had this before which is why my settings are set so newbies can't mail me "

I thought the newbie filter only worked for their 1st week?

"I've had this before which is why my settings are set so newbies can't mail me "

this and veris hidden x

By *ort123Man  over a year ago

Tredegar

unlos?????

I've had this too. Its creepy.

We had this with a male purporting to be 38 but admits in his profile text he is 50. He popped up and sent several increasingly weird messages over about 20 minutes. He's still here after being reported and still has his age listed as 38 just beggars belief sometimes

We get a lot of this , mainly from local couples .

Don't think it's stalking , more likely to be d*unken desire

D*unken desire rings a chord

I think this kind of thing just serves as a reminder that if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't. Then of course, there is always the risk that people who do this are potentially dangerous which is why I tend to only meet in clubs.

Once bitten ; I learned my lesson and won't be hooking up in a hotel ever again.

"D*unken desire rings a chord

I think this kind of thing just serves as a reminder that if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't. Then of course, there is always the risk that people who do this are potentially dangerous which is why I tend to only meet in clubs.

Once bitten ; I learned my lesson and won't be hooking up in a hotel ever again. "

I've never had problems with a hotel meet. What went wrong?

"D*unken desire rings a chord

Once bitten ; I learned my lesson and won't be hooking up in a hotel ever again.

I've never had problems with a hotel meet. What went wrong?"

I can't answer this. Got a forum ban last time I tried to. Clubs are safer.

This cropped up on the c4 programme, The Secret World of Tinder. I was astonished at the risks people are prepared to take.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Quite a few of us have had actual or potential stalkers Rachael, so it's good that your gut instinct kicked in, alerting you that something was potential not quite right for you and that meet.

It looks like you've got some good help coming via PM, which is great. It may be worth searching for stalkers on the forum too, as there could be some good help from the past, in addition.

A lot of people use an pressure of urgency to meetings - it doesn't work for many, as our lives etc don't support it. Always move at your own pace - mine is usually quite/very slowly. If we're knocked off balance, it's times like that when we may overlook something that we'd normally pay attention to.

I don't think there are many people out there who are inherently dangerous, but I do see that upsetting our well being is a big enough danger in its own right.

Perhaps insist on all meetings being social meets first, and adding that to your profile: it may deter some wrong-doers. Others have suggested the public meeting spots.

When I've been cautious, I've always met somewhere that has excellent CCTV and is very well lit, with a good amount of people around - but not rammed. You can get the other person to identify themselves and stand under a camera, or possibly talk to a member of staff. This helps them being memorable, at that location/time. I see that as something that people with some common sense would find a deterrent, if they were planning something bad. Nothing can stop everything.

It's also worth ensuring that home security is top notch. Check access to gardens and your rear - property that is And check for window locks etc, all being well fitted and secure. There are bound to be some fab people who are experts on security, who could potentially give great advice: though maybe on a different thread, as I don't mean to hijack yours.

Definitely I've learned to really trust my gut instinct for everything related to meets. If I feel wrong, somehow, it may just be that I know deep down that we're not matched well enough for it to work. Or it could potentially be a warning that something less positive is afoot.

I've also had straight male friends as well as neighbours stand in with support. If meets know that you're supported, then it does create a balance of power that works in your interest. When a neighbour drove me to the train station and waited whilst I had my meet, clearly visible, then I felt much more comfortable. We're not all in such a situation to have that help, but having friends available via phone, who know what you're up to/who with, it can also be a good backup.

Thanks Sophie. All good sound advice.

As said earlier save the messages as chances are if they unlos then rejoin they'll probably word new messages the same or very similar so you'll be able to recognise them again better.

» Add a new message to this topic