FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > STIs

STIs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *carlettpeaches OP   Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Can anyone please give me advice....

someone I know has got anal warts and has been having unprotected sex with a couple and a female(and maybe more) even though I advised him to tell them that they should get checked for the HPV he's buried his head in the sand and is convinced that he is not passing anything on because his warts aren't touching anyone. I looked it up and you carry the virus in your body fluids so oral sex is also a risk.

If he still refuses to come clean to his unprotected playmates do you think they should be informed? they in turn could be passing it on further to other unprotected partners....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss InnocenceWoman  over a year ago

Coventry/Bristol

Yes must defo

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Personally I think he needs to address this issue to anyone before they meet, as hygiene and health is the utmost priority, it's not nice at all staying quiet as you are affecting others life and may just destroy it.

He should get check up and look for solutions and as a friend of his you should give him support and love

I'd say if you know who he's met let them know - they could be passing it on to others so forth and so on. Tell him to even give you their numbers screen names and just phone as a 'nurse' and explain that someone had come in and gave their number as they had unprotected sex with them. or tell him to get to a gum clinic and they'll ask for the same

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

Deffo!

and he need a a good slap for disrespecting his playmates health.

GUM Clinics are excellent at dealing with these situations - they do it all the time.

By *carlettpeaches OP   Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Thank you for your advice. as far as I know he has not yet been to get it sorted or said anything to anyone about it. We have fallen out over it now.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thank you for your advice. as far as I know he has not yet been to get it sorted or said anything to anyone about it. We have fallen out over it now."

so how does he know he's got it?

"Thank you for your advice. as far as I know he has not yet been to get it sorted or said anything to anyone about it. We have fallen out over it now.

so how does he know he's got it?"

The warts on his ass?

OP the virus that causes warts can cause cervical cancer in women so it's vital he informs them if he's too much of a coward the clinic can contact them for him. If not ask him if he'll go into hospital and hold his playmates hand while she undergoes chemo.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thank you for your advice. as far as I know he has not yet been to get it sorted or said anything to anyone about it. We have fallen out over it now.

The warts on his ass?

"

well I guessed he had something that he assumed was warts. If he had been actually diagnosed I guess he would have been treated

If he still hasn't been to a GUM clinic then he needs to get there as soon as possible. Be supportive with him about that, tell them how good they are and helpful. Maybe even offer to go with him. Once you get him there they will do the tricky stuff of telling him about the cause and effect element of this and also contacting those he has put at risk!

If he refuses to go then warn him that although you are his friend you cannot morally stand by and see him wilfully put others lives at risk and that you will tell people even if he doesn't.

Of course legally he can be held liable for wilfully endangering of life, especially if it leads to cancers or other life threatening diseases.

Good luck.

The warts on his ass?

well I guessed he had something that he assumed was warts. If he had been actually diagnosed I guess he would have been treated"

Warts are hardly the hardest thing to self diagnose.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 25/05/15 23:08:16]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The warts on his ass?

well I guessed he had something that he assumed was warts. If he had been actually diagnosed I guess he would have been treated

"

I bow to your superior knowledge.

The warts on his ass?

"

actually you can get skin tags that would resemble them and not be them.. also if you have suffered any tears down there either from anal sex or other things you can have scar tissue that again may resemble it.

So never try to self diagnose.

as to the OP. Id just tell him straight that if he doesnt tell them you will.. We had to once take this stance with someone .... but we couldnt sit around while others were put at risk.

They all seem to be consenting to bare back so they all need to expect these problems.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Advise him to see his own G.P. The G.P. will refer him to the G.U.M. Clinic if he has got genital warts.

He might feel more relaxed seeing his own G.P. and it cannot be ignored as others have said.

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol.

Hmmm and should the 6 million people who carry the herpes virus tell every tom dick and Harry??? Penal warts are also quite common..

By *gNeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

"

The warts on his ass?

OP the virus that causes warts can cause cervical cancer in women so it's vital he informs them if he's too much of a coward the clinic can contact them for him. If not ask him if he'll go into hospital and hold his playmates hand while she undergoes chemo.

"

Actually the strain of the virus which causes warts is different to the one which can cause cancer. That's why girls having their jabs can still get warts.

Harrogate

[Removed by poster at 26/05/15 01:00:09]

Menston near Ilkley

"Hmmm and should the 6 million people who carry the herpes virus tell every tom dick and Harry??? Penal warts are also quite common.."

The human papilloma virus can cause cervical cancer as already stated above. So the answer is yes they should.

Harrogate

So much misinformation on this thread! Something like 75% of sexually active people carry the hpv virus, amongst this community it will be near 100%!

For most people the virus lies dormant and no problems are ever experienced. Condoms don't solve the problem. Most people are carriers and pass it on unknowingly.

If you don't want it don't have promiscuous sex! Only solution!

Harrogate

"Hmmm and should the 6 million people who carry the herpes virus tell every tom dick and Harry??? Penal warts are also quite common..

The human papilloma virus can cause cervical cancer as already stated above. So the answer is yes they should. "

Better tell all your partners too then mate.

If you know you've got something you have a duty to tell your partners. I have two high risk types of HPV discovered during a smear. These are the cancer forming types. I tell people before i play at the messaging stage so they can make an informed choice to play. I know the difference between skin tags and warts and if i suspected anyone i was giving oral to had HPV i would stop play immediately. Does he realise that he risks giving people mouth and throat cancer? Furthermore if anyone unknowingly engages in oral sex with him and then kisses him, they are then spreading his own HPV directly back into his mouth. Show him a picture of a cancer victim with no tongue. That's the price he could pay for being reckless with his health.

"So much misinformation on this thread! Something like 75% of sexually active people carry the hpv virus, amongst this community it will be near 100%!

For most people the virus lies dormant and no problems are ever experienced. Condoms don't solve the problem. Most people are carriers and pass it on unknowingly.

If you don't want it don't have promiscuous sex! Only solution! "

People should be responsible for their own health and get themselves checked out for their own safety and to be cured of anything they catch too, if they catch something.

Menston near Ilkley

"Hmmm and should the 6 million people who carry the herpes virus tell every tom dick and Harry??? Penal warts are also quite common..

The human papilloma virus can cause cervical cancer as already stated above. So the answer is yes they should.

Better tell all your partners too then mate. "

For your information I get checked on a very regular basis and should ever I have anything I would. Mate

Harrogate

For your information I get checked on a very regular basis and should ever I have anything I would. Mate "

Just trying to stop people spreading misinformation. Mate. As (now I'm making an assumption here) you are a seasoned swinger you are 99% likely to carry the virus. Hpv isn't screened for during a regular STI test. Also as I mentioned earlier the strain(s) which causes warts is totally different to that which can cause cervical or oropharyngeal cancers...

Menston near Ilkley

For your information I get checked on a very regular basis and should ever I have anything I would. Mate

Just trying to stop people spreading misinformation. Mate. As (now I'm making an assumption here) you are a seasoned swinger you are 99% likely to carry the virus. Hpv isn't screened for during a regular STI test. Also as I mentioned earlier the strain(s) which causes warts is totally different to that which can cause cervical or oropharyngeal cancers... "

I'll stick to getting my information from people qualified, rather than someone with googleitis.

Harrogate

Just trying to stop people spreading misinformation. Mate. As (now I'm making an assumption here) you are a seasoned swinger you are 99% likely to carry the virus. Hpv isn't screened for during a regular STI test. Also as I mentioned earlier the strain(s) which causes warts is totally different to that which can cause cervical or oropharyngeal cancers...

I'll stick to getting my information from people qualified, rather than someone with googleitis. "

Haha. Go ask your doctor. Or do some googling yourself, much better than ignorance

Menston near Ilkley

I do, didn't I just say that?

Can people sue you in the UK , if you give them a sti?

I know in the states you can

Harrogate

"I do, didn't I just say that? "

Listen closely to what they say next time

"Can people sue you in the UK , if you give them a sti?

I know in the states you can"

If they knowingly gave it to you then yes they can. Problem is most STI don't show any symptoms for a while, even years in some cases so they might not knowingly give it to you.

You can sue for anything btw, just the law will rule on what it seems is fair.

Harrogate

Not sure if there is precedent, but if intentionally, in theory yes.

Harrogate

If they knowingly gave it to you then yes they can. Problem is most STI don't show any symptoms for a while, even years in some cases so they might not knowingly give it to you.

You can sue for anything btw, just the law will rule on what it seems is fair."

Not quite anything. Unless you're rich that is.

[Removed by poster at 26/05/15 03:12:46]

Not quite anything. Unless you're rich that is. "

Actually court stuff has changed recently, i'm probably wrong with that last answer and at this time of the night i cba to check for facts (did a quick google and found nothing so leaving it).

You'd also have to prove that a certain person gave you that STI, so if you fuck a lot of people you probably haven't got a chance because many people have STI with no symptoms. And you can't prove when you caught something either, because again of the time frame of when STI show up on people is different for each person.

This is why it's more important to get yourself checked and sorted rather than rely on other people to be honest about having something.

Harrogate

Actually court stuff has changed recently, i'm probably wrong with that last answer and at this time of the night i cba to check for facts (did a quick google and found nothing so leaving it)."

Your not wrong. One can attempt to sue for anything. The more ridiculous examples are thrown out of court though. Unless you can afford a top solicitor.

Actually court stuff has changed recently, i'm probably wrong with that last answer and at this time of the night i cba to check for facts (did a quick google and found nothing so leaving it).

Your not wrong. One can attempt to sue for anything. The more ridiculous examples are thrown out of court though. Unless you can afford a top solicitor. "

I posted, then deleted, a reply on how little it costs to go to court. But there have been a lot of fee changes since the coalition got in so i was probably wrong about that. That's why i said my last reply was probably wrong.

I realise now that people aren't psychich but forgot to explain before.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"

Actually the strain of the virus which causes warts is different to the one which can cause cancer. That's why girls having their jabs can still get warts. "

Not so you are confusion visible genital warts not being associated rather than genital warts.

HPV types 6, 11, 16, 18, 31, 33, and 35 are associated with genital warts

HPV types 16 and 18 are associated with cancer.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I should add the problem is that there is still a lot of research that needs to be done into the HPV group of viruses.

The full implications are still not understood.

Therefore it is better to be cautious rather than complacent.

Harrogate

"

Actually the strain of the virus which causes warts is different to the one which can cause cancer. That's why girls having their jabs can still get warts.

Not so you are confusion visible genital warts not being associated rather than genital warts.

HPV types 6, 11, 16, 18, 31, 33, and 35 are associated with genital warts

HPV types 16 and 18 are associated with cancer.

"

Ok, but we were discussing visible genital warts.. Also the point remains that in a community like this, almost all will be carrying a form of the virus. Those who do not have visible warts are no more likely to be carrying the cancer forming strand of the virus than those who do.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is extremely unethical to sleep with someone when you know you have warts. I was just pointing out the misinformation and scaremongering going on in the thread. As I said before, the only way to protect against this virus is by not having promiscuous sex. It's risk vs. reward lol.

» Add a new message to this topic