FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profile info to much or too less??

Profile info to much or too less??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi Ive been on swinging sites on/off for around 6yrs now so I know what I like and dont etc. Im on here now as a SF and finding it frustrating that even though Ive got it all down on my profile, im still getting numerous amounts of guys who I wouldnt touch with a barge poll lol

So my question is.. is it best to put it all down or keep it basic??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Put it all down and ignore and block those that you wouldnt touch with said barge pole.

"Put it all down and ignore and block those that you wouldnt touch with said barge pole. "

*Nods in agreement*

"Hi Ive been on swinging sites on/off for around 6yrs now so I know what I like and dont etc. Im on here now as a SF and finding it frustrating that even though Ive got it all down on my profile, im still getting numerous amounts of guys who I wouldnt touch with a barge poll lol

So my question is.. is it best to put it all down or keep it basic??

"

As a single guy, and iam probably in the majority here, I would keep it basic. To much info can look a bit OTT, and as you have stated it doesnt stop most unsuitable guys from messaging you as they probably havnt read all your profile

Lol thanks for the replies guys. Isnt it interesting that you 2 girls say put it all down and the 1 SG says keep it simples?!?! lol

Take that riduculous warning rubbish off and the rest is fine. If you want, at the end, ask people to include a password as their title to a message, that way if you dont see that, delete their message as they havent read it

Really it doesnt matter what you put in your profile, you will get folks messaging you, that doesnt fit what your looking for.

I like tall guys with no facial hair, I still get messages from guys smaller than me with a beard that would do santa proud(and dont even start me on tashs). I just feel less guilt when I deleat and block. If they cant read my profile why should I answer.

we agree with hot horny and sassy, its your profile and you can put what you want...

however,

it would be interesting to find out what sort of response a single male would get if his profile said something along the lines of 'fat munters who have fallen out of the ugly tree need not apply'

just an observation

Another SG opinion....I agree with Greykitten about the password, at least you know they have read your profile. I'd say put it all down, if they read all your profile and put the password in, possibly a greater chance of them being the type of guy your after, if they don't then they deserve to be blocked lol

"we agree with hot horny and sassy, its your profile and you can put what you want...

however,

it would be interesting to find out what sort of response a single male would get if his profile said something along the lines of 'fat munters who have fallen out of the ugly tree need not apply'

just an observation"

Have you been reading my profile

"Take that riduculous warning rubbish off and the rest is fine. If you want, at the end, ask people to include a password as their title to a message, that way if you dont see that, delete their message as they havent read it "

Thanks Grey is that warning thing not needed anymore?? I added it as seen it on so many other profiles.

"we agree with hot horny and sassy, its your profile and you can put what you want...

however,

just an observation"

Lol actually that line is better than what I wrote but point taken .. thankyou

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

ita a fine balance between too short and turning it into a novel... most people seem to skip over profiles and dont rele read the details, so prob short and sweet , that way they can find out more about u when u meet...

however,

just an observation

Have you been reading my profile "

"Take that riduculous warning rubbish off and the rest is fine. If you want, at the end, ask people to include a password as their title to a message, that way if you dont see that, delete their message as they havent read it "

yeah I've done that and usually I WILL NOT reply to any msg where this heading is not included.

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated

"

"

Oh my God! He'd be ripped a new one!

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"Hi Im on here now as a SF and finding it frustrating that even though Ive got it all down on my profile, im still getting numerous amounts of guys who I wouldnt touch with a barge poll lol"

We have a detailed profile, yet still receive requests from those outside our stated preference

I agree about the paswsword bit, but i'd put it in the MIDDLE of your info and not at the end so that people will have to read and you know that they have taken time and have a brain.

By *uckoldandWifeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

It doesn't matter what you write, people will always message without reading it, we get messages from guys, couples, bi fems etc of all ages, shapes and sizes when are are relatively specific and helpful with our profile txt. It's an annoyance to have to keep going through messages but it's only to be expected, remember "God loves a tryer" and people seem to use that adage to chance their arm at every opportunity

Put as much as you want on.

Those genuinely interested will read it all......at least once.

Most single guys will probably only read Single Female and your Interests list anyway!

XXXX

By *pecial bbCouple  over a year ago

london

I go for concise and to the point - too long and people skip thru. As everyone says people will message on the hope of a meet even if they dont fit the bill.

most importantly have fun

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

do what you think is best for you and conveys you.... so if that is short and concise then cool... if you think that is more detail then that is fine...

your profile... your rules

if will say this though... the more you are specific about what you want, the less e-mail you should get... because then you are only appealing to a more limited pool of people.....

so if you want long... go long.... if you want short... go short!

so if people don't want to read a long profile, that is there problem... not yours!!!

I think it makes no difference.

My profile is quite long but guys, couples and girls don't read it.

I clearly state cannot accommodate, no msn, no web cam etc.

I get messages, hi, what's your msn and when can we come round. Lol

Some people do read my whole profile which I always thank them for if I meet them lol x

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I'd always advocate keeping it simple. Say what you are looking for - not what you aren't.

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

Mine is a bit long fraid but o well.

I also have a passwrod in the middle somewhere and if they mail me without it then I know the cant be arsed to bother to read my profile so wouldnt want to meet them as I like men who make the effort to check if we are both looking for the same thng and not just out for a fook with anyone single fem.

If they dont read it delete and block them and then then you know they wont mail you again for you to tell them no thanks again.

It saves you time as we all know single fems can get shed loads of mail.

Each to their own.

I would include as much pertinent information as I believe is necessary in my profile, so that if a person who PM me clearly has not read my profile and is not my type, then I can say no with the minimum number of words without feeling bad about it.

And if he asks why not, I would just tell him to read my profile as the answers are there!

Thanks for all the input! very helpful

i have found this thread interesting and possibly useful.

thank you all.x

» Add a new message to this topic