FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > STDs

STDs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unDee OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Hi,

Run here.

This issue haunts me again and again. A 'delicate' subject, so very happy to receive direct messages on it (total discretion assured).

Just how often are swingers getting STDs? I have swung before married and I was okay but it seems a lottery (always safe sex but some can be caught just by physical contact I am meaning).

I see hot photos of group action and I can help but thinking, 'how long before they catch something?'.

Does anyone have any (sensible) view on how rife STDs are in the swinging community?

I love the openness of the lifestyle but STDs is one area that often seems brushed under the carpet.

Looking for sensible replies here please, I know some people will refute that it is brushed under the carpet but it is my opinion that it often is.

Many thanks for reading.

Best wishes,

Run

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Many (but not all) swingers are far more conscious of their sexual health than non swingers.

Bur ultimately you can only take responsibility for yourself. Play as safe as you are comfortable with (for some that means voyeurism not joining in) and then make sure you have regular health checks in between.

It's usually recommended that if you are sexually active with more than one partner that check ups should be every 3-6 months. If you are sucking cock without a condom then ask for throat swabs to be included.

Ask about the hepatitis B vaccine. Hep b can be spread by any bodily fluid including sweat and tears but it's just a couple of jabs so is worth it.

And once you have decided your personal preference for safe then stick to your guns, if you prefer oral covered don't let anyone bully you or embarrass you into any other behaviour. It's your body, your health, your choice, even if you choose bareback gangbangs.

Bristol

Excellent response - thank you x

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

I have non lifestyle friends that date and are much more slack about their sexual health than myself or others that choose this lifestyle.

I've found far more people that are vanilla that don't even know what a gum clinic is, let alone use one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Slightly separate point but taking it from the view of a guy in his twenties, I don't think the risks are greater to a swinger my age than a guy my age going into a nightclub and picking up a partner.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

There dont seem to be any decent epidemiological studies of STDs within the swinging community which makes it a bit of a stab in dark. There was one study done on swingers in the netherlands, but their methodology has been largely discredited.

Being very active swingers , we went to our local gum clinic from the start . Got loads of really good advice , hep jabs and go every 6 weeks for checks . Every other check involves blood tests etc ...

Because of our very strict hygiene measures and awareness we have never had an sti and hope it remains this way .

It looks like we are looking for trouble but as i said , so far so good

"Slightly separate point but taking it from the view of a guy in his twenties, I don't think the risks are greater to a swinger my age than a guy my age going into a nightclub and picking up a partner.

"

But statistically that's quite a risk anyway. I've been told and seen posters advising in the local area that in 1 in 7 under 25's carry Chlamydia.

I regularly get tested and mostly play safe. I rarely play outside of fab. However oral without and I've twice caught Chlamydia in the last two years. Brutal antibiotics twice and much more fussy about play full stop.

"Slightly separate point but taking it from the view of a guy in his twenties, I don't think the risks are greater to a swinger my age than a guy my age going into a nightclub and picking up a partner.

But statistically that's quite a risk anyway. I've been told and seen posters advising in the local area that in 1 in 7 under 25's carry Chlamydia.

I regularly get tested and mostly play safe. I rarely play outside of fab. However oral without and I've twice caught Chlamydia in the last two years. Brutal antibiotics twice and much more fussy about play full stop. "

That's my point. People assume higher risk as swinger, but I don't think so. Thanks

What about couples who have bareback with each other then meet swingers? Same thing there.

"I have non lifestyle friends that date and are much more slack about their sexual health than myself or others that choose this lifestyle.

I've found far more people that are vanilla that don't even know what a gum clinic is, let alone use one "

I was the same before coming on fab. Thought condoms were safe sex because we got told that. Fab actually educated me that condoms are safer sex.

OP if you're worried about STIs then don't have promiscuous sex at all because there is no such thing as safe sex. Most people don't have STIs, but a lot of people do have them without symptoms. The most popular STIs are curable or manageable with treatment, fortunately.

Bristol

Thank you to everyone who has posted some great replies. STDs are such a pain!!!

its laughable that so many females on fab think its safe to suck cock without protection and openly admit to doing it

By *elloWoman  over a year ago

alpha centauri

In my late teens before I discovered swinging I did get a genital wart which although was treated quickly still contributed to me having cervical precancer so since then I do only do safe sex. attend local gum clinic and have had the hep jab. My friends who aren't into swinging but do have several different partners a year don't use protection and don't go to gum clinic :0 which I do tell them off about. So swingers seem to be more contentious than vanillas

"its laughable that so many females on fab think its safe to suck cock without protection and openly admit to doing it"

We don't think it is safe its just a calculated risk... I've sucked more than my fair share. I get checked and so far no nasties x

"its laughable that so many females on fab think its safe to suck cock without protection and openly admit to doing it"

If you think condoms are safe then you're deluded.

Right ladies (and gents), you heard the guy, no bjs ever again.

By *amshankMan  over a year ago

Larbert

I always have safe sex but even still I get tested every 6 months.

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

My vanilla friends have never stepped through the door of a gum clinic and they engage in casual sex regularly, I'm a swinger and go every 3 months without fail (unless I've not been actively meeting) and I play safe, and from chatting to swinging friends I find people in the scene are more conscious and aware of their sexual health than people that don't indulge.

Excuse me for asking but wot is vanilla

"Excuse me for asking but wot is vanilla "

Ice cream

"I have non lifestyle friends that date and are much more slack about their sexual health than myself or others that choose this lifestyle.

I've found far more people that are vanilla that don't even know what a gum clinic is, let alone use one "

Agreed! I never got checked out pre-fab! I now get checked out ever 3 months even though I play safe! X

"Excuse me for asking but wot is vanilla "

None swinging in the context of this thread.

"There dont seem to be any decent epidemiological studies of STDs within the swinging community which makes it a bit of a stab in dark."

Pun intended?

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"There dont seem to be any decent epidemiological studies of STDs within the swinging community which makes it a bit of a stab in dark.

Pun intended? "

Nope

» Add a new message to this topic