FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Taking a break

Taking a break

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iSTARess OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

Yes this is a look at me thread.

It's been a wonderful six months of swing but time to take a break from this malarkey. Been messed around by so many idiots and time wasters recently that it's starting to mess with my head and self esteem. I came for NSA fun but realised, I want a bit more. I know most say "this isn't a dating site" but finding someone like-minded, kinky and into swinging isn't easy, so why not Fabs?

I'll still loiter around the forums and will be back at some point but need to step away for a bit.

How have others dealt with similar feelings?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yes this is a look at me thread.

It's been a wonderful six months of swing but time to take a break from this malarkey. Been messed around by so many idiots and time wasters recently that it's starting to mess with my head and self esteem. I came for NSA fun but realised, I want a bit more. I know most say "this isn't a dating site" but finding someone like-minded, kinky and into swinging isn't easy, so why not Fabs?

I'll still loiter around the forums and will be back at some point but need to step away for a bit.

How have others dealt with similar feelings?"

it's a good idea. Don't just leave. Just have a break and just have a laugh on the forums for a while till you see what you want to do xx

I've just dropped my expectations and stopped looking for what i want and compromised and gone for something that satisfies me which i can get, NSA vanilla sex.

When i get fed up i stop meeting, maybe see a few select guys i do trust not to mess with my head. Have done this several times the past year now.

I don't let it get to me. People are looking for what they want to on here and it's often not exactly what i'm after or they pretend they want what i want, so now i'm not even saying what i want but if i come across it then i'll be happy enough. Just gotta be patient i guess, i'm not gonna die without what i'm after. it'd just be nice to get it.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We're taking a break and just hanging round the fors but that's for different reasons to you. No harm in it

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"finding someone like-minded, kinky and into swinging isn't easy, so why not Fabs"

I agree totally, but I'm still happy to have normal nsa meets if the guy is really nice

By *ivinefoxWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

I've been on here for a few years and have had times when I wanted to delete my profile as I wasn't getting what I wanted from it. However, I do live in hope and sometimes you meet a great person and everything changes. I've found 'normal' online dating to be just as frustrating, just in a different way. I sometimes think it's a numbers game with a bit of luck thrown in!

But it can be good to take a break, be in the real world not the virtual one and think about what you want. I hope you do find what you're looking for, sex and dating is pretty complicated these days, best wishes. X

[Removed by poster at 30/09/15 19:32:02]

I was swinging and having great fun having nsa sex with lots of different guys which was what i wanted then along came a fella who stole my heart ! It's great to have a swinger as a partner

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If I feel the need to take a break I hide my profile and pics, put all my filters on, and change my password to something I can't remember, then relax away from here for a while.

If you're not enjoying the site the a break, I took 3 months off when it got tiresome and came back refreshed. See ya, and good luck!

When this all becomes a chore I walk away & don't login anymore. Then when I feel like it I venture back.

I think it's fairly 'normal' to feel like a break every now & then.

Hang around the forums like the rest of us...

When I was single, I used to take short breaks from here when I became jaded.

Recently I've had a more prolonged break of several years.

It's been good just taking time out.

I've come back with a much better attitude, less expectant that meets should all be amazing.

And just enjoying myself more.

I think it's a really healthy thing to do, especially if you're getting fed up with being messed around xxx

London

[Removed by poster at 30/09/15 22:28:43]

London

Thanks all

I'm still gonna hang around the forums, find most of it interesting, not deleting my account.

It's been a great hobby for a bit but what was once fun has become a bit of a head fuck, that's not cool.

Will get back on the horse so to speak at some point

I have deleted my profile a few times and ended up regretting it. At the end of the day its our choice if we meet or not, and its your profile and your choice just do what you feel is right for you.

» Add a new message to this topic