FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > bumping into the ex

bumping into the ex

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *izzy. OP   Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I am going to a club on Friday with a couple of friends. I had a great partner/ fiance for two years who I split from in June when he fell for someone else.

My problem is that he will also be going to the club. I thought about cancelling my visit, but don't want to let him spoil my fun. Any advise on how to handle this potentially tricky situation ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you still speak to him?

At least you know he will be there so your prepared, personally I'd acknowledge and then continue to do my own thing

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Go! Have a great night and enjoy yourself. Maybe just say a quick hello, hope you are ok and then put him to the back of your mind and enjoy the night. Life is too short to dance to someone else's drum.

By *hoenixandflamesCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

How's your head and heart?

If it's going to hurt you - And you aren't ready to see him and a new partner, avoid it. Do yourself a favour.

Seems sucky - but it's better than having your night ruined and wasting time and money.

Go to another club.

IMHO.

Flames

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

If you've moved on then you shouldn't change your plans. It is possible to exist in the same circles as an ex if you're cool with the fact that you're not together and he's with someone else.

If you haven't moved on then I'd be inclined to change your plans to go until another night. If you're not over it then causing yourself unnecessary pain is unkind to yourself.

If you think it'll be a drama then avoid it. If not then go and have fun.

Stoke area

Thanks ladies. I speak occasionally to him, sometimes he is friendly and sometimes aggressive. But my friends have met him, so can help intervene. I am not bothered about seeing him with new people, just the sadness of the break up upsetting me.

But I deserve a good night out.....so I will go in my sexiest outfit and highest heels

Go, be polite & say hi but then if you play be considerate by going in a private room as you'll be able to relax more & not worry bout him watching or you seeing him - that's if it's a swinging club X

Stoke area

Yeah. It's Chams. At least it is big enough to find space away from each other. Hope there are some decent blokes there who can distract me and keep me busy. Lol.

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"If you've moved on then you shouldn't change your plans. It is possible to exist in the same circles as an ex if you're cool with the fact that you're not together and he's with someone else.

If you haven't moved on then I'd be inclined to change your plans to go until another night. If you're not over it then causing yourself unnecessary pain is unkind to yourself.

If you think it'll be a drama then avoid it. If not then go and have fun. "

"Yeah. It's Chams. At least it is big enough to find space away from each other. Hope there are some decent blokes there who can distract me and keep me busy. Lol. "

Chams is good & yes loads of space...should be plenty of single guys there ....why not put up a meet X

Stoke area

"Yeah. It's Chams. At least it is big enough to find space away from each other. Hope there are some decent blokes there who can distract me and keep me busy. Lol.

Chams is good & yes loads of space...should be plenty of single guys there ....why not put up a meet X "

Not done that before.....great idea. Thanks X

By *pple16Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

You've split up for a reason, now move on

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

Just go and have a great time x

Stoke area

Thanks for your comments. I will go and might put up a meet as suggested. Cheers for your input xx

» Add a new message to this topic