FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Account Hacked

Account Hacked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aycee70 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Just wondering if this is common, just received a message re our new names! On checking our account we had been changed to Mr Jihad & Daquan and I was a fat black midget and the wife a 6'7" black giant.

Passwords are changed is this enough of is our profile compromised?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've been on here for 7 years

Never had that happen

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've been here too long and I've never had that happen.

If you use the contact link at the bottom of the page and let Admin know there's an issue so they can look into it.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Just wondering if this is common, just received a message re our new names! On checking our account we had been changed to Mr Jihad & Daquan and I was a fat black midget and the wife a 6'7" black giant.

Passwords are changed is this enough of is our profile compromised?"

Does anybody else at all know your previous password? Somebody recently said that someone else was sending messages from their account so a similar thing has happened recently but I don't know how.

Eastbourne

Only me and the wife know the password.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If you share a laptop or phone make sure your password doesn't auto-complete. Also change your email password in case people can log in from there.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

It would be interesting to hear how our account details are protected on here.

Regarding your password, do you use it on any other sites? How many characters is it? Is it common words, or a combination of random letters and numbers?

There is a very good site called 'how secure is my password?' Where you can enter a password and it will tell you how long the average PC would take to crack it. If it is anything under a year, get a new password.

we had our email account hacked - we hardly use it but it got a bit weird - passwords on everything were changed fab and personal

Eastbourne

No devices are shared However was a phone left unlocked? Only time that happens is at home so only my 17 and 14 yr kids!!!

Eastbourne

"It would be interesting to hear how our account details are protected on here.

Regarding your password, do you use it on any other sites? How many characters is it? Is it common words, or a combination of random letters and numbers?

Not the hardest password but then I'd forget it!

There is a very good site called 'how secure is my password?' Where you can enter a password and it will tell you how long the average PC would take to crack it. If it is anything under a year, get a new password."

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"No devices are shared However was a phone left unlocked? Only time that happens is at home so only my 17 and 14 yr kids!!!"

Are they looking somewhat guilty today? I hate to say it but, after working for BT customer services for many years, I know what teenagers are capable of when it comes to the internet.

Eastbourne

"No devices are shared However was a phone left unlocked? Only time that happens is at home so only my 17 and 14 yr kids!!!

Are they looking somewhat guilty today? I hate to say it but, after working for BT customer services for many years, I know what teenagers are capable of when it comes to the internet."

Well the oldest would be horrified and I wouldn't put it past the youngest, my phone autolocks after 1 min.

Eastbourne

"I've been here too long and I've never had that happen.

If you use the contact link at the bottom of the page and let Admin know there's an issue so they can look into it."

Just done that.

Bristol

If your password is easy to remember, it's odds on it's also easy to crack.

The best way to manage passwords is by using something like the 1Password app, it will generate strong individual passwords for you on your phone.

Eastbourne

"If your password is easy to remember, it's odds on it's also easy to crack.

The best way to manage passwords is by using something like the 1Password app, it will generate strong individual passwords for you on your phone."

Will look into that one, thanks

"Just wondering if this is common, just received a message re our new names! On checking our account we had been changed to Mr Jihad & Daquan and I was a fat black midget and the wife a 6'7" black giant.

Passwords are changed is this enough of is our profile compromised?"

You've left yourself logged in and someone's had some fun with your phone or pc.

No one hacked into the fab to fiddle with your details

"If your password is easy to remember, it's odds on it's also easy to crack.

The best way to manage passwords is by using something like the 1Password app, it will generate strong individual passwords for you on your phone."

Not really it will largely depend upon what the site does to store it but all this "how long would it take a pc to crack" is nonsense in terms of logging in (as oposed to trying to work out the password from the hash the site stores)

Because of the simple fact or of "you've tried to log in too many times please gill the capatcha or "wait 10 minutes before logging in again"

With that alone a " 1 year" to crack becomes near infinity and requires a human to reenter the capachta

One good tip if you really care though is use a sentence that's easily remembered that way it's very long so completely infeasible to crack.

"Holyshitmyiguanahasstolenmynumber1panties"

For instance :p

"One good tip if you really care though is use a sentence that's easily remembered that way it's very long so completely infeasible to crack.

For instance :p"

iwouldhaveaproblemrememberingthesentence

Bristol

"One good tip if you really care though is use a sentence that's easily remembered that way it's very long so completely infeasible to crack.

For instance :p"

That was true around three years ago at best. Password crackers are way past the point that simply long strings of words will defeat them. They are far too sophisticated.

The best way, as I said before, is to use a password manager to create strong randomised passwords, that contains letters, numbers and symbols.

What is annoying is sites that won't let you use symbols in passwords, which still happens in 2015.

We've had our account hacked twice now .... Unfortunately fab swingers said this was impossible and did not help us at all so both times we have had to delete our profile and start from scratch losing all our veris! We now change our password every couple of weeks and touch wood hasn't happened again

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

In well over twenty years online I have been "hacked" just once. My eBay account was compromised after I used unprotected hotel wifi to check an auction while I was in the USA.

is your wifi well protected? Are you able to monitor the devices connected? Are all your devices running up to date virus and spyware protection?

For the record I have three passwords, each with three variants making nine in total.

If passwords are changed how did you know them to log back in?

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Common reasons for hacks, in the approximate order we see:

Your email is compromised (since it lets you reset your Fab password)

You use the same password elsewhere (if they have been compromised or store passwords in plain text)

Your PC/mac is compromised e.g. malware/adware/keyloggers

Your partner or someone you've shared your password with

All pages on FABS are now served via https, so it's highly unlikely a hack is via a compromised wifi.

Admin x