FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Miss Bella's profile experiment

Miss Bella's profile experiment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

OK so a lot of people post here asking why they're not getting messages or meets you click on and there is literally NOTHING on their profile. When I see these posts I'm friendly and try to help but as many of you know the advice gets ignored. This is not a dig at men as I'm sure there are ladies that have blank profiles too.

So in a last bid to get the message across, I've decided I'm going to hide my pictures, veris, and profile text for 24(ish) hours and post on here the interest I do or don't get. I'm hoping this will work so that when posts like that are made in the future someone will see it and mention this thread avoiding giving out advice that gets ignored.

I will then monitor my profile for another 24(ish) hours with my profile and pictures in place and again post the interest I get.

Miss B

X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

OK so apparently it still shows that I have been verified but I will continue anyway

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"OK so a lot of people post here asking why they're not getting messages or meets you click on and there is literally NOTHING on their profile. When I see these posts I'm friendly and try to help but as many of you know the advice gets ignored. This is not a dig at men as I'm sure there are ladies that have blank profiles too.

So in a last bid to get the message across, I've decided I'm going to hide my pictures, veris, and profile text for 24(ish) hours and post on here the interest I do or don't get. I'm hoping this will work so that when posts like that are made in the future someone will see it and mention this thread avoiding giving out advice that gets ignored.

I will then monitor my profile for another 24(ish) hours with my profile and pictures in place and again post the interest I get.

Miss B

X"

Not sure what you're goal is here?

Why does you a single female having a near blank profile for a day and saying "I still got x mesgages" mean people will no longer need profile advice?

I mean if you make a new single female a count with no pics text that's just "...." you'll have a few dozen messages in the first hour

When I rejoined I left my profile blank for 2 weeks and still had over 300 messages a week in the first 2 weeks. So I'm not sure what your logic is here

"OK so a lot of people post here asking why they're not getting messages or meets you click OK and there is literally NOTHING on their profile. When I see these posts I'm friendly and try to help but as many of you know the advice gets ignored. This is not a dig at men as I'm sure there are ladies that have blank profiles too.

Miss B

X

Why does you a single female having a near blank profile for a day and saying "I still got x mesgages" mean people will no longer need profile advice?

I mean if you make a new single female a count with no pics text that's just "...." you'll have a few dozen messages in the first hour"

I'm just comparing the difference between a full profile and a blank one.. OK maybe not the best way to go about it but I'm going to give it a go anyway I just meant if people still don't listen after they've been given advice then maybe people could mention this and they could see that what people are telling them is true

You are a woman you will get messages if you're online regardless of what's on your profile

"When I rejoined I left my profile blank for 2 weeks and still had over 300 messages a week in the first 2 weeks. So I'm not sure what your logic is here "

Really? Oh I didn't realise this

Make a single male profile and do it with that.

Actually that would probably be best make two new profiles one male one female same physical description. Same empty text see the difference in messages

OK right scrap the idea then I thought it'd help I'd delete the thread if I had the option to.. I didn't realise ladies still get messages sorry

A single woman profile needs nothing. Fact. I get more messages when i remove my pics and have no profile text because men see it as easy target. A blank canvas who isn't saying No to them, like all those other profiles and who knows. She may even be a stunner but with no pics they can't tell so it's worth a message.

"Make a single male profile and do it with that.

Actually that would probably be best make two new profiles one male one female same physical description. Same empty text see the difference in messages"

Can I do that without getting into trouble?

"A single woman profile needs nothing. Fact. I get more messages when i remove my pics and have no profile text because men see it as easy target. A blank canvas who isn't saying No to them, like all those other profiles and who knows. She may even be a stunner but with no pics they can't tell so it's worth a message."

I didn't think of it that way good point

Actually that would probably be best make two new profiles one male one female same physical description. Same empty text see the difference in messages"

Do we really need an experiment for this? We all know the answer

Actually that would probably be best make two new profiles one male one female same physical description. Same empty text see the difference in messages

Do we really need an experiment for this? We all know the answer"

I think I'll just put it down as a bad idea

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"OK so a lot of people post here asking why they're not getting messages or meets you click on and there is literally NOTHING on their profile. When I see these posts I'm friendly and try to help but as many of you know the advice gets ignored. This is not a dig at men as I'm sure there are ladies that have blank profiles too.

Miss B

X"

For that to be successful I think you'd need to have a blank profile up for twenty four hours before saying you were going to do it. Just posting will draw attention to you and skew the results and as others have said there's a world of difference between a single man's and single woman's profile.

Thanks for the comments.. I didn't realise that women still get attention with a blank profile although I've had no messages since starting it. I'll give up on the idea I think sorry to waste people's time I genuinely didn't think it through properly

There's another thread running with your name written all over it.

OP,futile experiment that will draw no conclusions useful to anyone.

There's another thread running with your name written all over it.

OP,futile experiment that will draw no conclusions useful to anyone. "

I didn't think it through, I just thought it'd be helpful never mind

The only time I've never receive messages is when I hide my profile otherwise it makes no difference.

Two men doing the experiment in the same postcode area might be a better comparison.

That's very interesting

I've been on and off here for about 5 years with various pics ...profiles etc ..and am lucky to receive on average 3-4 messages a week ...doesn't matter if my profile is hidden or not ...

Not meeting now so it doesn't matter ...

I started a new profile, i removed filters so i could add friends who are outside of my filters, i got bombarded by messages from guys that were not in my preferences. The profile was blank.

Interesting to see who c&p the same message also, it's not that many guys but there are a few.

"When I rejoined I left my profile blank for 2 weeks and still had over 300 messages a week in the first 2 weeks. So I'm not sure what your logic is here "

Loving the exaggeration here!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thanks for the comments.. I didn't realise that women still get attention with a blank profile although I've had no messages since starting it. I'll give up on the idea I think sorry to waste people's time I genuinely didn't think it through properly "

You're hardly a time waster

"OK so apparently it still shows that I have been verified but I will continue anyway "
hey beautiful it pobably won't make any difference to how many messages you get

"When I rejoined I left my profile blank for 2 weeks and still had over 300 messages a week in the first 2 weeks. So I'm not sure what your logic is here

"

Jeez!!!! Some rude people on here!!!! And Not an exaggeration. Also if you sign up on a weds/Thursday you get more messages because people are looking for weekend meets. If I could post the screen shot I took to show a friend I would.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

A female profile gets messages, whatever is or isn't on it.

You can't compare with single male profiles at all.

"When I rejoined I left my profile blank for 2 weeks and still had over 300 messages a week in the first 2 weeks. So I'm not sure what your logic is here

"

Doubt it's an exaggeration, i easily get over 300 guys a week messaging me now, with filters.

Start a new profile without filters and you'd easily get 300 an hour when it's busy on here, no lie.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"

What make you think that is an exaggeration?

Doubt it's an exaggeration, i easily get over 300 guys a week messaging me now, with filters.

Start a new profile without filters and you'd easily get 300 an hour when it's busy on here, no lie."

I think it depends on your area....I've never experienced that in the southwest. It's like a desert....either that or i am the most undesirable woman on fab.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

i did an experiment a few years ..new profile and pix ..200 messages in a couple of days ,of course no one read the text and had 1 meet from it.

Start a new profile without filters and you'd easily get 300 an hour when it's busy on here, no lie.

I think it depends on your area....I've never experienced that in the southwest. It's like a desert....either that or i am the most undesirable woman on fab."

NW is very active yeah. Good area to be in really.

The midlands seem pretty active

"i did an experiment a few years ..new profile and pix ..200 messages in a couple of days ,of course no one read the text and had 1 meet from it."

Oh well there goes my theory. It's just me then

Pffft, plenty of views on mine, nearly 500 unread messages and it's hardly a textbook profile of eroticism. If you're a woman you don't need a proper profile. Men will message regardless.

Thanks for the comments, I'm not going ahead with it, was a silly idea that I didn't think through and I so wish I had the power to delete the thread. No offence was intended, so hope it hasn't caused any lol

"Thanks for the comments, I'm not going ahead with it, was a silly idea that I didn't think through and I so wish I had the power to delete the thread. No offence was intended, so hope it hasn't caused any lol "

I think it would be a good idea to do the blank male and female profile. Maybe during the week we could set one up each (that way it's not a fake profile I'll do the guy you do the female) and we can see the difference in mail results

"Pffft, plenty of views on mine, nearly 500 unread messages and it's hardly a textbook profile of eroticism. If you're a woman you don't need a proper profile. Men will message regardless. "

No. Men are more likely to message if you have Fuck all on your profile. It stands to reason. There is less to put them off.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

The search for new ways of proving lots of site users are unthinking imbeciles....

"Thanks for the comments, I'm not going ahead with it, was a silly idea that I didn't think through and I so wish I had the power to delete the thread. No offence was intended, so hope it hasn't caused any lol

I think it would be a good idea to do the blank male and female profile. Maybe during the week we could set one up each (that way it's not a fake profile I'll do the guy you do the female) and we can see the difference in mail results"

Thanks but I think I'm going to leave it well alone now

I disagree. Men will message to any profile and continue with chat however bizarre if they believe their cock will get wet. The sane are the minority here.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"OK so a lot of people post here asking why they're not getting messages or meets you click OK and there is literally NOTHING on their profile. When I see these posts I'm friendly and try to help but as many of you know the advice gets ignored. This is not a dig at men as I'm sure there are ladies that have blank profiles too.

Miss B

X

I mean if you make a new single female a count with no pics text that's just "...." you'll have a few dozen messages in the first hour

I'm just comparing the difference between a full profile and a blank one.. OK maybe not the best way to go about it but I'm going to give it a go anyway I just meant if people still don't listen after they've been given advice then maybe people could mention this and they could see that what people are telling them is true"

I have a very full and detailed profile and I don't get many messages.

Alot of negative comments

[Removed by poster at 14/11/15 23:19:45]

"Alot of negative comments

Perhaps it's been taken the wrong way although I thought it was a helpful idea, and didnt realise women still got attention with a blank profile "

Supposed to be a laughing face

"Alot of negative comments

Perhaps it's been taken the wrong way although I thought it was a helpful idea, and didnt realise women still got attention with a blank profile

Supposed to be a laughing face "

I think it depends on your area....I've never experienced that in the southwest. It's like a desert....either that or i am the most undesirable woman on fab."

Well I don't know where you were in the southwest but it ain't a desert here that's for sure!!

I can have a lot of codswallop on my profile (believe me I tried it once) and I still get messaged, even ones that said 'I like your profile'.REALLY!! Lol

Good experiment but maybe a man should also try this too? X

Put up a foot pic and open all filters

I think it depends on your area....I've never experienced that in the southwest. It's like a desert....either that or i am the most undesirable woman on fab.

Well I don't know where you were in the southwest but it ain't a desert here that's for sure!!"

Yeah ok. I get the point. I'm the most undesirable woman on fab.

Well I don't know where you were in the southwest but it ain't a desert here that's for sure!!

Yeah ok. I get the point. I'm the most undesirable woman on fab. "

Just blame your husband :p

Just blame your husband :p"

Yeah i really should stop using his pics on my profile

Yeah ok. I get the point. I'm the most undesirable woman on fab. "

I told you,come to London,you'll be inundated with offers of cock

I told you,come to London,you'll be inundated with offers of cock "

No it's not the location. It's me.

No it's not the location. It's me."

It's really not you.

"I can have a lot of codswallop on my profile (believe me I tried it once) and I still get messaged, even ones that said 'I like your profile'.REALLY!! Lol

Good experiment but maybe a man should also try this too? X"

I got that, like your profile, there was nothing on it.

It's really not you. "

I'm not bothered anymore anyway as I'm now not meeting, but I think it's unfair that everyone assumes that women don't have to try hard on here. We aren't all sex goddesses with Men falling over themselves to message us. I can't be alone in this.....although I'm beginning to suspect that i am.

It's really not you.

I'm not bothered anymore anyway as I'm now not meeting, but I think it's unfair that everyone assumes that women don't have to try hard on here. We aren't all sex goddesses with Men falling over themselves to message us. I can't be alone in this.....although I'm beginning to suspect that i am."

I'm far from a sex goddess, 5ft 1 dumpy tattooed person here, there's just loads of men looking in my area. I get enough crappy messages as well as decent ones, so even when you do get a lot of interest it's not necessarily good interest. And like i said before there are c&p messages too, so you don;t have to be attractive even, just in an area where guys will fuck anything it seems.

It's really not you.

I'm not bothered anymore anyway as I'm now not meeting, but I think it's unfair that everyone assumes that women don't have to try hard on here. We aren't all sex goddesses with Men falling over themselves to message us. I can't be alone in this.....although I'm beginning to suspect that i am.

I'm far from a sex goddess, 5ft 1 dumpy tattooed person here, there's just loads of men looking in my area. I get enough crappy messages as well as decent ones, so even when you do get a lot of interest it's not necessarily good interest. And like i said before there are c&p messages too, so you don;t have to be attractive even, just in an area where guys will fuck anything it seems."

Well i thought the same as you, but I've been advised that it isn't down to area as many seem to do well in my area. My conclusion is that it is me. Just as well I'm doing everyone a favour by not meeting

It's really not you.

I'm far from a sex goddess, 5ft 1 dumpy tattooed person here, there's just loads of men looking in my area. I get enough crappy messages as well as decent ones, so even when you do get a lot of interest it's not necessarily good interest. And like i said before there are c&p messages too, so you don;t have to be attractive even, just in an area where guys will fuck anything it seems.

Well i thought the same as you, but I've been advised that it isn't down to area as many seem to do well in my area. My conclusion is that it is me. Just as well I'm doing everyone a favour by not meeting "

A lot of mingers message me if that helps?

Probably the fact you;re not meeting has cut down on messages also.

By *eanontiWoman  over a year ago

Limerick

Totally agree

It's really not you.

I'm not bothered anymore anyway as I'm now not meeting, but I think it's unfair that everyone assumes that women don't have to try hard on here. We aren't all sex goddesses with Men falling over themselves to message us. I can't be alone in this.....although I'm beginning to suspect that i am."

Well, I'd love to have your body. You seem nice and interesting and smart. I just don't think it's you, and I do think it's mostly your location.

Woman here with not a lot on my profile, on purpose not having public photos for now, or displaying verifications. Very little in the way of messages and I don't get harassed. .

Now having been on before I know photos and having my verifications displayed gets a lot of attention on here. I'm just choosing this time to go looking myself.

It's really not you.

Well, I'd love to have your body. You seem nice and interesting and smart. I just don't think it's you, and I do think it's mostly your location. "

For what it's worth SS I was 'Up North' on fabs for a day in what appeares to be a highly populated postcode & I kid you not the response was phenomenal!!

Coming from a rural postcode I could never understand the amount of messages / looked at me / pictures Fab'd that other women said they had, well now I know....

It's not you lovely x

[Removed by poster at 15/11/15 01:41:49]

"Woman here with not a lot on my profile, on purpose not having public photos for now, or displaying verifications. Very little in the way of messages and I don't get harassed. .

Now having been on before I know photos and having my verifications displayed gets a lot of attention on here. I'm just choosing this time to go looking myself. "

Sounds like a good idea, in the time that I did have a blank profile (about 20 mins) I received no new messages well apart from one asking why I'd changed my profile but I'm not counting that as it was related to my profile as it is. Now, 20 mins doesn't sound long but I was online the whole time and with my profile as it is I get a message almost every time the page is refreshed

" Yeah ok. I get the point. I'm the most undesirable woman on fab. ......

Well i thought the same as you, but I've been advised that it isn't down to area as many seem to do well in my area. My conclusion is that it is me. Just as well I'm doing everyone a favour by not meeting "

Firstly if I may say from your pictures you look stunning and they hint at a really interesting personality as well. From a single males point of view I think the two reasons that you don't get many messages is firstly that your not meeting, many people want to meet and not chat so aren't going to waste time mailing someone who isn't going to meet (and yes I know there are idiots who ask anyway!). Secondly whether it is intentional or not your profile message screams don't mail me. Now it may be that you intended it to say don't mail me for meets but feel free to mail me if all you want is to chat. But that isn't how it comes across and the tone is very "assertive" . Maybe you need to clarify it a bit. Just my thoughts for what its worth.

Well i thought the same as you, but I've been advised that it isn't down to area as many seem to do well in my area. My conclusion is that it is me. Just as well I'm doing everyone a favour by not meeting

Firstly if I may say from your pictures you look stunning and they hint at a really interesting personality as well. From a single males point of view I think the two reasons that you don't get many messages is firstly that your not meeting, many people want to meet and not chat so aren't going to waste time mailing someone who isn't going to meet (and yes I know there are idiots who ask anyway!). Secondly whether it is intentional or not your profile message screams don't mail me. Now it may be that you intended it to say don't mail me for meets but feel free to mail me if all you want is to chat. But that isn't how it comes across and the tone is very "assertive" . Maybe you need to clarify it a bit. Just my thoughts for what its worth. "

Thanks for the input. I should have made it clear that although my profile is deliberately set to put people off at the moment it hasn't always been that way. I get a similar amount of messages regardless.

Firstly if I may say from your pictures you look stunning and they hint at a really interesting personality as well. From a single males point of view I think the two reasons that you don't get many messages is firstly that your not meeting, many people want to meet and not chat so aren't going to waste time mailing someone who isn't going to meet (and yes I know there are idiots who ask anyway!). Secondly whether it is intentional or not your profile message screams don't mail me. Now it may be that you intended it to say don't mail me for meets but feel free to mail me if all you want is to chat. But that isn't how it comes across and the tone is very "assertive" . Maybe you need to clarify it a bit. Just my thoughts for what its worth.

Thanks for the input. I should have made it clear that although my profile is deliberately set to put people off at the moment it hasn't always been that way. I get a similar amount of messages regardless."

just read your profile and want to message just to be a douche, but I don't wanna get blocked for having a laugh, so I think I'll follow Shags advice and be patient

» Add a new message to this topic