FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Alzheimer's advice

Alzheimer's advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had to move my grandad out of his own house Friday due to Alzheimer's and a fall , he's became like a child again it's heart wrenching seeing a grown man be so scared ! His 3 daughters main concern is money my mam never took any but the other have one is now mortgage free brand new kitchen and the other new car and had some work down both retired there was a box of over 40 grand it's gone now but no one knows where , so until they can sell his house I need to pay the rent any advice

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Speak to the CAB

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rent for what?

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Jeremy Kyle regarding the Missing money

"Speak to the CAB"

We have but we can't prove money was there

"Rent for what? "

The nursing home

If your grandad needs 24 hour care and has no money you need to get in touch with your local council and social services, they will access him and if they decide he needs care you will get founding for his care, be that home cars or a care home, if he has home care they can't make him sell his house because he's living in it, if he goes into a care home they will make his sell his home to pay for his care, once the money has gone they will very on paying

I work for the NHS, I do community nursing and work with lot of people with Alzheimer's and dementia untill they need 24 hour care, honest there is help out there for you, it can be hard but if you push its there

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

That's proper advice ^^^^^

Thanks

By *ecretly seductiveWoman  over a year ago

Palookaville

Pm'd you

Thanks for all the advice feel a bit better

"If your grandad needs 24 hour care and has no money you need to get in touch with your local council and social services, they will access him and if they decide he needs care you will get founding for his care, be that home cars or a care home, if he has home care they can't make him sell his house because he's living in it, if he goes into a care home they will make his sell his home to pay for his care, once the money has gone they will very on paying

I work for the NHS, I do community nursing and work with lot of people with Alzheimer's and dementia untill they need 24 hour care, honest there is help out there for you, it can be hard but if you push its there "

good advice, I am a nurse and this is the way to go

If your grandad has assets of less than £23k social services will step in. Ask for an assessment asap and get a social worker on the case. Hopefully he has put in place a lasting power of attorney, if not it will get messy especially if family members have effectively been stealing money. Having been through the process it is pretty horrid so good luck. If you need further advice feel free to PM.

By *idsAndyMan  over a year ago

Worcestershire

I'm so sorry to see you're going through this too. Age UK are amazing, and the Alzheimer's society is very good too.

Feel free to pm me mate - and anyone else going through this terrible situation.

"I'm so sorry to see you're going through this too. Age UK are amazing, and the Alzheimer's society is very good too.

Feel free to pm me mate - and anyone else going through this terrible situation."

Age UK are head and shoulders above all the other organisations from my experience, well worth speaking to.

Dont forget to source out your local carers trust too....they can be invaluable with help and information and will help with all the red tape that comes with this type of situation..good luck.x

» Add a new message to this topic