FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > What happened to fab ???

What happened to fab ???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eductive_Encounters OP   Man  over a year ago

Brixton

Is it me or its fab not all its cracked up to be?

Ive been in here for a while now and I've noticed this site seems to be a bit of a waste of time. Women act like there too nice to reply or there a catfish of some sort. I can't get my mind round it. I'm really interested in finding like minded people but this site needs to flush put the time wasters.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

"Is it me or its fab not all its cracked up to be?

Ive been in here for a while now and I've noticed this site seems to be a bit of a waste of time. Women act like there too nice to reply or there a catfish of some sort. I can't get my mind round it. I'm really interested in finding like minded people but this site needs to flush put the time wasters."

We seem to do just fine on fab , and have made some great friends

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Patience is the key lol

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

There are loads of nice genuine people here...some of them may appear to be time wasters by your definition but aren't...we are all different and you have to do the ing out yourself, much like in 'real' life.

Good luck

I agree with you. From a females _iew, most of the men that contact me seem to think it's a instantshag.com and also I'm on here 24/7 and don't have a life out of here! They get nasty toi if i don't reply within a minute!

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

"Patience is the key lol"
pmsl x

By *r an Mrs xMan  over a year ago

liverpool

As a couple we get 200 odd messages a day. You have to try something to get attention. Too may just cut and paste. Or pretend to be a couple ??

Ive been in here for a while now and I've noticed this site seems to be a bit of a waste of time. Women act like there too nice to reply or there a catfish of some sort. I can't get my mind round it. I'm really interested in finding like minded people but this site needs to flush put the time wasters."

Sounds like FAB isn't for you.cheerio now.

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Joining fab does not garantee a shag... just like being on the pull in town does not garantee a shag.

But true there are time wasters.. pic collectors on here...

Patience and being polite.

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

Well if your messages to women are as incomprehensible as this posting, it's no wonder you're not doing so well on the site.

How can women "act too nice to reply"?

or are a "catfish of some sort"??

...and how does the site flush out the time wasters?

i don't understand what you mean by women 'acting like there too nice to reply'?....surely if they haven't replied, then they are simply not interested?..how are they 'acting too nice' exactly?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You need to identify the people who are of the same mind as you and interact with them. I think the point that you're missing is that the site isn't what you thought it was rather than anything having happened to it, therefore you need to reassess your expectations or acknowledge that it isn't suitable for your needs.

Good luck whatever you decide.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm loving fab right now Us ladies get a lot of messages and can't possibly reply to them all. You have to be appealing in some way to catch the interest of someone.

Don't give up

I think it really depends on how you use the site and what you are looking for.

If all you want is a shag, then I think you'd do better at a night out in a vanilla club.

If what you are looking for is a bit more "taboo" - such as couples looking to meet, threesomes, group situations, kinkier fun - then I understand why that would be easier to get here. However, if that is what you are looking for then it takes time to build rapport with individuals who may want to share that with you. Clubs are a good option for this as well, as many cater to kinky situations and group play. But they can be expensive.

How much effort you put in, what you are looking for, and what you have to offer will decide your success on here, generally speaking.

Good luck and I hope you have fun.

-Courtney

Brixton

"i don't understand what you mean by women 'acting like there too nice to reply'?....surely if they haven't replied, then they are simply not interested?..how are they 'acting too nice' exactly?"
maybe saying they think there too nice is a bit harsh but I find it strange How stuck up people act on here.. I'm a nice guy I don't just message ppl saying "let's fuck" I do actually try but people don't appreciate that.

Their are a lot of women who befriend you say they're interested but just don't chat regularly or meet you mainly because they are getting so much attention New and old and not giving their established friends any attention.

dover

"Their are a lot of women who befriend you say they're interested but just don't chat regularly or meet you mainly because they are getting so much attention New and old and not giving their established friends any attention. "

Well if that is the case, they're clearly not that interested or they would have taken things further.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I think the people who rely on it for sex, may be disappointed over time.

It's an add on to an existing great sex life, it's a laugh at how serious take all this malarkey.

And the rants, they are the best of all.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Some people take*

"i don't understand what you mean by women 'acting like there too nice to reply'?....surely if they haven't replied, then they are simply not interested?..how are they 'acting too nice' exactly? maybe saying they think there too nice is a bit harsh but I find it strange How stuck up people act on here.. I'm a nice guy I don't just message ppl saying "let's fuck" I do actually try but people don't appreciate that."

still don't get what you mean..are they 'stuck up' because they don't reply to you?...that is not time wasting...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"i don't understand what you mean by women 'acting like there too nice to reply'?....surely if they haven't replied, then they are simply not interested?..how are they 'acting too nice' exactly? maybe saying they think there too nice is a bit harsh but I find it strange How stuck up people act on here.. I'm a nice guy I don't just message ppl saying "let's fuck" I do actually try but people don't appreciate that."

What people? You're getting quite a lot of nice, helpful replies on this thread

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

I really can't complain

Why are you?

Brixton

And appreciate everyone's advice I'm just airing my frustration with the site... does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do diffrently? Please check out my profile and let me know.

Regards

"Their are a lot of women who befriend you say they're interested but just don't chat regularly or meet you mainly because they are getting so much attention New and old and not giving their established friends any attention. "

This

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Sorry to hear of your lack of success, the site gives you all the tools, it's down to you to use them to your advantage.

Don't blame the site or timewasters, it's your approach and attitude that can make or break.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"And appreciate everyone's advice I'm just airing my frustration with the site... does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do diffrently? Please check out my profile and let me know.

Regards "

You probably don't need to do anything differently. Just keep messaging etc but don't make it your main focus.

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

It's just a single guy thing. I'm blessed by being with my female partner, and we have as much action as we want.... I'd hate to be single on here. Women rule the world in swinging, you just have to accept it.

We have however just arranged a meet with a single guy today, and he succeeded in getting our attention by (a) reading what we were after and (b) appearing polite and intelligent in his messages. Others along the 'what yoose up to?' line get binned unread.

By *astard and goodgirlCouple  over a year ago

Near Exeter

If you just want to get your dick in a warm wet place that happens to be attached to a female..... Try pof... This is a place for swingers... Most single guys have nothing to offer.. M

You can literally send a thousand messages without a reply, a bit like wolf howling at the moon. If I knew before what I know now I would never have bothered with this site I'm sure

I dont reply sometimes coz dometimes i just cant be bothered just as the guy who messaged hasnt been bothered enough to read my profile.. so why should ibreply to unsolicited mail that i havent asked for??

"If you just want to get your dick in a warm wet place that happens to be attached to a female..... Try pof... This is a place for swingers... Most single guys have nothing to offer.. M"

Except to those of us who are actively looking for single guys.

"If you just want to get your dick in a warm wet place that happens to be attached to a female..... Try pof... This is a place for swingers... Most single guys have nothing to offer.. M"
that's funny I find most couples have nothing to offer, different stroke for different folk

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I find this site quite easy to manage and it works well for me. I have meets booked into February.

Almost every forum thread I have read from men who are not finding it easy tell the same old story - blaming anything and anyone but themselves.

Some very bitter men on here who are clearly offended they are not what every female/cpl wants. Get over yourselves chaps.

"I find this site quite easy to manage and it works well for me. I have meets booked into February.

Almost every forum thread I have read from men who are not finding it easy tell the same old story - blaming anything and anyone but themselves. "

if you are to be successful first you must want to be. I don't have the motivation to chase most down on here now if they want to pull up and succumb to my will easily that's different.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

....this site needs to flush put the time wasters."

This site works fine for me, and I think single guys have lots to offer.

But there is too much emphasis in the Forums about getting rid of the timewasters. It's not Fab's job to do your due diligence for you. You need to develop your own way of working out whether a contact is likely to lead to a meet or not. I find it quite easy. If you want advice on what to do differently, I would suggest using the chat room regularly, as you get to understand people's approach to swinging.

Fab is like marmite you either love ot or not. Patience is a big key.

"And appreciate everyone's advice I'm just airing my frustration with the site... does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do diffrently? Please check out my profile and let me know.

Regards "

I would forget the sense of entitlement and write a decent profile. Other than that, I cannot say as I do not know what you are doing.

By *iss_chief_69Woman  over a year ago

Hebden bridge

I have been on and off here for a while and have met some lovely people but there seems to be a new kind of men joining who assume that all you do is sit on here and if you don't reply they get shitty. It's not an instant shag it's a place for like minded people to connect and if it progresses fantastic if not well that's OK too!!

Been here in total for just over 8 months, within that time I have made some fantastic friends!

"If you just want to get your dick in a warm wet place that happens to be attached to a female..... Try pof... This is a place for swingers... Most single guys have nothing to offer.. M

Except to those of us who are actively looking for single guys."

What she said

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

*sings*

"Whatever happened to the likely lads...?"

"Some very bitter men on here who are clearly offended they are not what every female/cpl wants. Get over yourselves chaps."

By *ustybabe777Woman  over a year ago

Dublin 1

i got kicked out of the ireland chat i was asking questions im only new to chat the kicked me out i was enjoying chatting can anhyone help me

"I find this site quite easy to manage and it works well for me. I have meets booked into February.

Almost every forum thread I have read from men who are not finding it easy tell the same old story - blaming anything and anyone but themselves. "

I'm with Brighton Steve on this.....you get out what you put in, same as anything else in life. If B S or anyone else recognises me from my previous profile they will know I was actually one of his double platinum members...so success is there if you have the correct attitude.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

OP, you say in your profile that you go to parties regularly. Do you have more success ther? If you don't, it's something you are doing wrong.

"i got kicked out of the ireland chat i was asking questions im only new to chat the kicked me out i was enjoying chatting can anhyone help me

"

Hiw can they kick you out?

Join in the Lounge and on here and I'm sure you will find your feet. They are great and lots if friendly folk

Its definitely got worse. Couples never commit to meeting. Single guys come up with the most ridiculous excuses and women are up themselves. Single guys are the best out of the bunch though. That's why I'm still here

Speaking as a guy who's been on here for about 8 years I would say it has got harder to meet. Not the sites fault though.

Unfortunately people are less trusting because there are so many fakes, time wasters and rude user around. It is certainly hard work and you do question whether the results are worth it, but past encounters have proved it definitely is

Here's to better luck and lots of fun all round in 2016

Are you willing to travel?

I find the some men that are successful tend to travel up to 100 miles.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Been here for 9 yrs and not encountered a single timewaster, have arranged a couple of meets which have had to be rearranged, but hey ho, there's always another day

I find that many of my approaches come from the forums.Perhaps you need to try that approach.

I think it has definitely got slightly more difficult to meet, hence I tend to focus on club meets now

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

FAB . its a game of chance for every one . We do tend to see gripes and post about FAB from single (wink wink ) guys decrying how the site works . Its a simple formula put the effort in and get something out . The trouble is so many think this site is the golden ticket to non stop sex . Like many we had no option to block single guys as cock shot messages from those just never take the time to red your profile . They just skip to the pictures and message you . And its flush out the wasters not flush put the wasters ???

It's just a website dude. For £5 ish at most, a month, you get to chat in forums, post ads and meets, chat in a chat room and Mail some people who are looking for swinging partners (though no one said it was necessarily you). You also get to read all about clubs and social meets.

But you thought £5 bought you access to women just waiting to have sex with you. Really? Just how well kept a secret would that be?

Bx

By *smithyukMan  over a year ago

Staffs

"

Unfortunately people are less trusting because there are so many fakes, time wasters and rude user around. "

Isn't that why we display our veris? To show people we are not timewasting, rude fake single males?? untill we don't get replied to for showing to many genuine gentleman proving veris and marked down as players

"

Unfortunately people are less trusting because there are so many fakes, time wasters and rude user around.

Isn't that why we display our veris? To show people we are not timewasting, rude fake single males?? untill we don't get replied to for showing to many genuine gentleman proving veris and marked down as players "

That's one of the reasons I do not display my Veri Summary....don't want to be known as a player

dover

"

Unfortunately people are less trusting because there are so many fakes, time wasters and rude user around.

Isn't that why we display our veris? To show people we are not timewasting, rude fake single males?? untill we don't get replied to for showing to many genuine gentleman proving veris and marked down as players

That's one of the reasons I do not display my Veri Summary....don't want to be known as a player "

That's the main reason for me not to display the veri summary.

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"I think the people who rely on it for sex, may be disappointed over time.

It's an add on to an existing great sex life, it's a laugh at how serious take all this malarkey.

And the rants, they are the best of all. "

Wherever the party is!

"...Women rule the world in swinging, you just have to accept it...."

I don't.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"That's one of the reasons I do not display my Veri Summary....don't want to be known as a player "

But it was such a nice one I wrote

Grantham

OP you've had a moan about Fab in another post.

Negativity is not sexy

"That's one of the reasons I do not display my Veri Summary....don't want to be known as a player

But it was such a nice one I wrote "

...but why did you have to mention the chicken

Almost every forum thread I have read from men who are not finding it easy tell the same old story - blaming anything and anyone but themselves. if you are to be successful first you must want to be. I don't have the motivation to chase most down on here now if they want to pull up and succumb to my will easily that's different."

hey women don't succumb to anything here they don't have to they have so many guys and women messaging them that you don't matter a jot even if you've been talking many times a day for months ,they don't need to think of you and don't ,they move onto whoever messages them next

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

. There is no need to worry about time wasters. They have no impact on other members ..All a member has. to worry about is marketing their own profile in the most effective manner possible , not other members

Grantham

"That's one of the reasons I do not display my Veri Summary....don't want to be known as a player

But it was such a nice one I wrote ...but why did you have to mention the chicken "

I thought that was better than the Domestos bottle.

"Its definitely got worse. Couples never commit to meeting. Single guys come up with the most ridiculous excuses and women are up themselves. Single guys are the best out of the bunch though. That's why I'm still here "
Awwwww my hero a single guy lover x

"I think the people who rely on it for sex, may be disappointed over time.

And the rants, they are the best of all. "

^^this... It's fun.. Not life...

So is a good body and a cheeky streak if you are a male

explore whats on offer from outwith the site if a lack of interest is getting to you...thats why there are links to parties/clubs/socials...I often find it weird especially with people in a bigger area with many clubs complaining about not getting meets..

if clubs etc are not your thing, then just accept that potluck can often be the key..

some things never change eh !!

we like fab

"I'm loving fab right now Us ladies get a lot of messages and can't possibly reply to them all. You have to be appealing in some way to catch the interest of someone.

Don't give up "

im also loving fab and i aint met noone lol . I think these forums are class

By *entleman and SassyPussCouple  over a year ago

Almost every forum thread I have read from men who are not finding it easy tell the same old story - blaming anything and anyone but themselves. if you are to be successful first you must want to be. I don't have the motivation to chase most down on here now if they want to pull up and succumb to my will easily that's different. hey women don't succumb to anything here they don't have to they have so many guys and women messaging them that you don't matter a jot even if you've been talking many times a day for months ,they don't need to think of you and don't ,they move onto whoever messages them next "

Trademark, you seem to think you know an awful lot about single ladies profiles. You're generalising and totally wrong.

From her that has a single profile.

Almost every forum thread I have read from men who are not finding it easy tell the same old story - blaming anything and anyone but themselves. if you are to be successful first you must want to be. I don't have the motivation to chase most down on here now if they want to pull up and succumb to my will easily that's different. hey women don't succumb to anything here they don't have to they have so many guys and women messaging them that you don't matter a jot even if you've been talking many times a day for months ,they don't need to think of you and don't ,they move onto whoever messages them next

Trademark, you seem to think you know an awful lot about single ladies profiles. You're generalising and totally wrong.

From her that has a single profile."

one bases ones opinion on ones experience of this place and that's mine sorry if it doesn't fit in with how you think you react to things its true everyone is different and you are part of a couple but I only talk to really nice people and I talk to them but new guys come along all the time and I am sorry its like a kid in a candy shop the ladies don't know what to pick so they try and deal with them all and eventually they end up hiding profile or spending all their time in forums ,so kind of hiding from the problem

It is you.

You have a veri from last month...were you expecting a shag a week?

It's pretty good going if you ask me and I've noticed you've posted a couple of similar threads since you joined...so personally - I would quit whinging in public and get yourself to more clubs, as this isn't attractive in the slightest.

Wherever the party is!

Ive been in here for a while now and I've noticed this site seems to be a bit of a waste of time. Women act like there too nice to reply or there a catfish of some sort. I can't get my mind round it. I'm really interested in finding like minded people but this site needs to flush put the time wasters.

It is you.

You have a veri from last month...were you expecting a shag a week?

It's pretty good going if you ask me and I've noticed you've posted a couple of similar threads since you joined...so personally - I would quit whinging in public and get yourself to more clubs, as this isn't attractive in the slightest."

I personally find this post ironic. But not for the reason you think...

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Is it me or its fab not all its cracked up to be?"

It's most certainly you.

Cal

Almost every forum thread I have read from men who are not finding it easy tell the same old story - blaming anything and anyone but themselves. if you are to be successful first you must want to be. I don't have the motivation to chase most down on here now if they want to pull up and succumb to my will easily that's different. hey women don't succumb to anything here they don't have to they have so many guys and women messaging them that you don't matter a jot even if you've been talking many times a day for months ,they don't need to think of you and don't ,they move onto whoever messages them next

From her that has a single profile. one bases ones opinion on ones experience of this place and that's mine sorry if it doesn't fit in with how you think you react to things its true everyone is different and you are part of a couple but I only talk to really nice people and I talk to them but new guys come along all the time and I am sorry its like a kid in a candy shop the ladies don't know what to pick so they try and deal with them all and eventually they end up hiding profile or spending all their time in forums ,so kind of hiding from the problem "

I dunno about other women, but I hang out in the forums because I like forums. Not because I'm hiding from a massive inbox (I don't get many emails at all.)

By *ivnwcplCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Difficult to give knowledgeable advice because we have only experienced the Fab meeting situation from a couples point of _iew, but we have no problems with the site, you have been here 4 months, had one meet last month, I would class that has average, there are lots of people on this site who have been here a lot longer with no meets, so like previous posters have stated, patience would be the key

dover

You could actually try and take some of the advice you've had in all the different threads you've created.

If you had put as much thought and effort into your profile as you have into your same old same old whining threads, you'd be far more successful on here.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

If there is a gap in the market, then setting up a rival website that meets those needs should earn a few bucks as well as meet the nessasary issues raised.

Most couples are quite nice. But there are exceptions.

By *estinysswingersCouple  over a year ago

Worsley

We weren't aware that anything happened to fab. It's as good as its always been.

Maybe you were here before when the site was small, you didn't need effort to stand out and tell females you messaged only got a couple of messages a day?

Your profile says very little about you, the clubs you go to (if you are a frequent club goer you don't have many verifications ).

Bring a bit more personality to your profile, start chatting without expectation and start getting to know people.

"You could actually try and take some of the advice you've had in all the different threads you've created.

If you had put as much thought and effort into your profile as you have into your same old same old whining threads, you'd be far more successful on here."

The green arrow of truth?

I've been on here a few years and I think it's got better!

For me the worst thing about fab is some of the attitudes on the forums.

It's like tolerance, understanding and empathy all died in here at times.

dover

"For me the worst thing about fab is some of the attitudes on the forums.

It's like tolerance, understanding and empathy all died in here at times. "

I see plenty of all three on these threads

By *aeriequeenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

It's not the sites fault if you don't get on with the people that use it. As has been mentioned maybe you are the weak link and need to improve your profile!

Timewasters are generally easy to spot, don't blame the site, take a look at yourself and how you go about things.

I've been around the scene for several yaers as a single guy and ine half of a couple, it has changed massively in that time, but it's neither better nor worse - just different.

And it;s a huge generalisation, but I think so many people who complain about timewasters and how difficult it is to get a meet need to look at their own sense of expectation and entitlement.

» Add a new message to this topic