FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Chemical Menopause

Chemical Menopause

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I'm soon be be starting injections to induce a chemical menopause. Amongst worries about many side effects, I'm concerned about how it's going to impact on my sex life ! I'm going to try HRT but realise it's very much a case of making small adjustments unless you find the right dosage. This is all with a long term plan to have a total hysterectomy but they're holding back because I'm only 28 and it's major surgery. Not half as bad as it used to be but still a fair recovery time. Would really appreciate your experiences, thank you xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

"So I'm soon be be starting injections to induce a chemical menopause. Amongst worries about many side effects, I'm concerned about how it's going to impact on my sex life ! I'm going to try HRT but realise it's very much a case of making small adjustments unless you find the right dosage. This is all with a long term plan to have a total hysterectomy but they're holding back because I'm only 28 and it's major surgery. Not half as bad as it used to be but still a fair recovery time. Would really appreciate your experiences, thank you xxx"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi

I had a radical hysterectomy at 27yrs of age 20 yrs ago & to be honest it was the best thing to ever happen to me.

I have been on various HRT ever since & never regretted it one bit.

Once you find the best type & dosage you will feel better in yourself.

The op is scary but recovery time these days are much quicker than when I had mine done.

Hope this helps you some & good luck for the future xx

Thank you very much, it's so daunting but i'm sure it's the right thing for me. xxx

By *irtyAndCh33kyCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

I had several courses of oestrogen blockers to treat endometriosis....the menopausal symptoms weren't fun but it was better than the constant pain. I had total abdominal hysterectomy in 2013 and it changed my life completely

I take a low dose HRT now and have no problems....infact sex is even better!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your welcome, my daughter is 30 & going through the same thing as you are now.

Hope everything goes well for you, it takes a while to take it all in but worth it in the end.

» Add a new message to this topic